The Muppets (3 Disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy + Soundtrack Download Card) Preoder

BigBadWolfe143

CAGiversary!
Feedback
514 (100%)
"The WOCKA WOCKA Value Pack"

It is currently selling for $34.99 with a $5 off coupon (you must be signed in to see the ption to clip the coupon) for the deluxe Blu-ray, and that apparently that release includes not only the Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy, and it also includes what appears to be a digital copy of the soundtrack as well. So for your preorder it is $29.99 now but as always if price drops from $34.99 you will get lowest price minus the $5 coupon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_36010_22045010_pe_hero/?ASIN=B006JTS5OO

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2-disc version, they didn't mention the other in the ad (Source). The metal box is valid for any version of the movie

Got my hands on the ad for the week this is released. Looks like Disney will have a 5.00 Manufacturer coupon. Wocka Wocka Value Pack by itself isnt in the ad. Here's how pricing goes:

DVD: 16.99
Blu-Ray Combo 22.99
Blu-Ray Combo & Colectable Lunchbox 27.99 without coupon, 22.99 with coupon.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The 2-disc version, they didn't mention the other in the ad (Source). The metal box is valid for any version of the movie[/QUOTE]
I'm getting the lunchbox for $17.28. Good deal!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Blu-ray/DVD combo - $22.99
Blu-ray/DVD combo w/ Lunchbox - $27.99

That's before the $5 coupon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='arcane93']Those prices are for the two disc or the three disc? The pre-order with the steelbook is for the three disc version, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']The 2-disc version, they didn't mention the other in the ad (Source). The metal box is valid for any version of the movie[/QUOTE]

But doesn't the lunch box only come with the 3-disc Wocka Wocka edition?

[quote name='basketb']But doesn't the lunch box only come with the 3-disc Wocka Wocka edition?[/QUOTE]
786936822113;size=m2

Walah!

[quote name='basketb']But doesn't the lunch box only come with the 3-disc Wocka Wocka edition?[/QUOTE]

Yep. If those prices mentioned are accurate I do wonder how much the standalone Wocka wocka edition will cost.

I am most likely going to skip the wocka wocka edition......I don't need the soundtrack DL as I already bought it on BF for 6 bucks at BB! :)

If I did get the wocka wocka one it'd be with the intention of reselling the digital copy which I'm sure will net about $8 or so, and ultimately work out cheaper than getting the 2-disc version. I could probably re-sell the soundtrack code too

If I can grab this for under $20 for the 2-disc I am in. I don't really need the digital copy. If it was UV then maybe. This movie was absolutely fantastic though. Highly highly recommended.

Bah. Originally wasn't going to bother with Best Buy because I already had a pre-order with Amazon, but seeing as their price is better I decided to jump. The website showed the metal case in stock at most of the local stores as of this afternoon. Stopped by the store closest to my house on my way home from work, and there were none to be found. The kiosk in the store said that all of the local stores were out of stock. Get home and find that the website still lists it as available at all of the local stores it listed before, including the one I was just in. What the hell?

I do notice that the case is still available for shipping. Does anyone know whether, if you order a case online, you can still get the discount on the blu-ray in the store? Or does the blu-ray have to be ordered online as well? I obviously don't want to do that, because then i won't be able to use the coupon.

Wow, Best Buy's policies are screwed up.

So, I decided that since the website said that the store had the metal case in stock, I'd place an in-store order for one. Since there weren't any on the shelves when I was there, and their in-store system listed it as out-of-stock, I didn't hold out much hope for it, but why the hell not? Got back a response that my order was ready for pickup faster than I've ever gotten one before -- in about 15 minutes. I was out and near the store anyway, so I decided to go ahead and stop by to grab it.

Well, as it turns out, the $7.50 toward the pre-order with an online order, even with in-store pickup, can only be applied to a pre-order placed on the website at the same time. Otherwise, it's just $7.50 spent. I, of course, didn't want to order the blu-ray online because I wouldn't be able to use the coupon. And besides that, the prices listed online are much higher than they'll be the week of release, so there would possibly be the hassle of getting it adjusted too. Not really acceptable.

The customer service person checked, and her register said they still had three in stock. So I said, ok, I'll cancel the online order, just get me another one (because they still hadn't put any more of them out) and I'll cancel the online order for the one that's on hold for me when I get home. So she called back and asked them to bring another one up. And we waited. And waited. And no one came. Finally, she just said she'd sell me the one that they'd put on hold for me as an in-store purchase, and I could just cancel the online order later.

I don't know which is more ridiculous -- the fact that their inventory system is so out-of-whack that they have different information in different systems within the same store, or that there's not enough parity between online and in-store purchases for a pre-order offer like this to count for wherever I want to buy the item.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Not really a Bluray movie, but pretty tempting.[/QUOTE]

No, it definitely is coming out on Blu-Ray.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If I did get the wocka wocka one it'd be with the intention of reselling the digital copy which I'm sure will net about $8 or so, and ultimately work out cheaper than getting the 2-disc version. I could probably re-sell the soundtrack code too[/QUOTE]

Do you resell digital copies here or somewhere else? I never use mine and wouldn't mind getting some scratch for them.

[quote name='eastx']No, it definitely is coming out on Blu-Ray.

Do you resell digital copies here or somewhere else? I never use mine and wouldn't mind getting some scratch for them.[/QUOTE]

Check on ebay. A bunch on there (with prices varying, of course). I never use the digital copies either, and somehow thought selling them might be illegal (or shot down by ebay). Apparently not!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Check on ebay. A bunch on there (with prices varying, of course). I never use the digital copies either, and somehow thought selling them might be illegal (or shot down by ebay). Apparently not![/QUOTE]

At your own risk. This part of an actual message I received:

"Your listing has been removed.

It looks like you're trying to list a digital copy only disc or code. Any item or listing that only includes the digital download transfer code or disc that was originally sold as part of a Blu-ray or DVD combo package is not allowed on eBay. Unauthorized copies of copyrighted material infringe on the copyright of the rights owner."

ebay's policy on digital copies is absolutely retarded. Just look at that quote above. They basically equate a digtal copy with a pirated/bootleg copy of a movie. There's nothing unauthorized or infringing about a digital copy. It comes legally with the sale of the Blu-ray/DVD. If selling digital copies isn't allowed then Blu-ray's and DVD's shouldn't either.

with that said, obviously not everyone has their listings removed and I've sold a few there myself, though i've had one taken down for copyright infringement once. I'll probbaly sell mine with the DVD copy in the original case and everything. If anyone is interested in just the DVD and digital copy (plus the soundtrack even) PM me and perhaps we can work out a reasonable price.

[quote name='ssjmichael']ebay's policy on digital copies is absolutely retarded. Just look at that quote above. They basically equate a digtal copy with a pirated/bootleg copy of a movie. There's nothing unauthorized or infringing about a digital copy. It comes legally with the sale of the Blu-ray/DVD. If selling digital copies isn't allowed then Blu-ray's and DVD's shouldn't either.

...obviously not everyone has their listings removed and I've sold a few there myself, though i've had one taken down for copyright infringement once.[/QUOTE]

This is true, I had 4 separate listings for digital copies - and only 1 was removed.

BB finally dropped the online pre-order sale price to $27.99 for the lunch box exclusive! Placed mine for free shipping since there's no pickup yet. No need to go to the store unless you want to use the $5 off coupon next week.

Anyone know how many are usually allocated per store? Went online route because I was worrying about being able to find the metal case this weekend, and not finding the lunch box at a store before they are snapped up on the 20th.

Ew, really!? That's gonna be a pain to try and get to the store early enough. Not to mention how much quicker they will disappear if they activate in-store pickup too.

Guess I might not be able to use the coupon to save some money. But at least I am guaranteed a set with my pre-order and won't have to compete for one.

I am just wondering how long it will take to come in if I order from BB. $27.99 for all of it shipped isn't bad.

BB shipping is pretty slow overall. My order says it will ship in 1-2 days. It's taken a week or two to get previous movies and games delivered.

It's the bubble envelope possibility that should cause more worry.

I'll probably try going at opening for the lunchbox set at my store, but if I miss out I'm fine with getting the Wokka Wokka set for $18 + the steelbook case I already picked up with my preorder.

Seems odd they would only have six per store. Seems like most exclusives I see at BB stick around forever.

[quote name='elsnerma']I'll probably try going at opening for the lunchbox set at my store, but if I miss out I'm fine with getting the Wokka Wokka set for $18 + the steelbook case I already picked up with my preorder.[/QUOTE]

It's the two disc set, not the "Wokka Wokka" edition, that's going to be $18.

[quote name='arcane93']It's the two disc set, not the "Wokka Wokka" edition, that's going to be $18.[/QUOTE]

Bah you're right. In that case I'll just pop over to Target and buy it there then get my $7.50 preorder back from Best Buy later.

I really doubt I'll have trouble finding the lunchbox set at opening though unless someone plans on buying all of them and selling them on eBay or something.

[quote name='elsnerma']Bah you're right. In that case I'll just pop over to Target and buy it there then get my $7.50 preorder back from Best Buy later.

I really doubt I'll have trouble finding the lunchbox set at opening though unless someone plans on buying all of them and selling them on eBay or something.[/QUOTE]That's happened before, so if you can head out there early in the morning, I'd recommend doing so.

I'm going to ride out my Amazon pre-order and wait until they PM Target, and get it for $20 without lifting a finger. My camelcamelcamel.com price watch should let me know when it happens, which I expect to be over the weekend.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's happened before, so if you can head out there early in the morning, I'd recommend doing so.

I'm going to ride out my Amazon pre-order and wait until they PM Target, and get it for $20 without lifting a finger. My camelcamelcamel.com price watch should let me know when it happens, which I expect to be over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I am hoping for as well. I don't even mind the 2 disc version.

[quote name='Hibiwa']BB finally dropped the online pre-order sale price to $27.99 for the lunch box exclusive! Placed mine for free shipping since there's no pickup yet. No need to go to the store unless you want to use the $5 off coupon next week.

Anyone know how many are usually allocated per store? Went online route because I was worrying about being able to find the metal case this weekend, and not finding the lunch box at a store before they are snapped up on the 20th.[/QUOTE]

Did you order the metal box in the same order online as well?

[quote name='basketb']Did you order the metal box in the same order online as well?[/QUOTE]

I was a bit curious as well all i could find was the dvd steelcase on there? If you add both to order does steelcase become free?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm going to ride out my Amazon pre-order and wait until they PM Target, and get it for $20 without lifting a finger. My camelcamelcamel.com price watch should let me know when it happens, which I expect to be over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I decided to cancel my Amazon pre-order and go with Best Buy. If I manage to get the lunchbox version, then great. Otherwise, I'm fine with the two-disc version as long as they'll take the DMR coupon for it. I have no need for the digital copy, and I don't really care about the soundtrack -- it's fine within the movie, but listening to it outside of that context would probably make me want to rip my eardrums out.

Of course, the DMR coupon says that it's for the "Wokka Wokka" edition. I'm hoping they won't give me too much grief over that if I end up wanting to use it for the two disc edition. Usually they don't care, but I have had issues with that occasionally with other coupons there.

[quote name='MotzCTG']I was a bit curious as well all i could find was the dvd steelcase on there? If you add both to order does steelcase become free?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it says "DVD" for the steelcase on the site, but it's actually the blu-ray-sized case. As far as I've seen, anyway, there isn't a DVD-sized version. And yeah, adding both the steelcase and an edition of the Muppets blu-ray to your cart will make the case free.

[quote name='basketb']Did you order the metal box in the same order online as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes I certainly did. Couldn't pass it up considering it doesn't cost extra to get the metal case at the same time. Either add both separately and the case gets zeroed out in the cart, or go through the Special Offers in the description:

And check off both items to add to cart. Same result. Of course I'm still hoping to find both locally to make it even cheaper with the coupon.

[quote name='Hibiwa']BB shipping is pretty slow overall. My order says it will ship in 1-2 days. It's taken a week or two to get previous movies and games delivered.

It's the bubble envelope possibility that should cause more worry.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I spoke to soon. Ordered early morning/last night and got the UPS Ground shipping notice of both together. It'll be here on the 21st for me. :applause:

Now I really have to consider just keeping it. Worth no hassles perhaps.

Price for the Muppets 3 disc is going to be $27.99 before coupon, so while $3 more the give-away that comes with it appears to be the best in my opinion. They are giving away a 22x28 3D poster with it. If it is anyway the same quality that The Lion King poster was than is a sweet buy. Now if they only have some pre-order for a new movie to help reduce the price that would be great to know? Will definitely keep my pre-order. Not sure the below link will come up for you guys but I found it by way of the ad online avaialbale now through their website. It's on page 7 at the bottom.
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d-these-SUPER-DEALS-and-more-in-this-weeks-ad

[quote name='MotzCTG']Alright i ordered from BB, $28 + lunch box and steel case is not too bad, i hope it comes in soon.[/QUOTE]

same here, I just cancelled my Amazon order when I found out about the Best Buy exclusive.

My Amazon order just shipped.

$24.99 for the Wocka-Wocka is okay, I guess. Saves gas and time. (I have no desire for dentable-scratchable steelbooks)

I canceled my Amazon order and decided to order it online at BB. I printed out the coupon and will hit up the store on Tuesday morning to see if I can get one of the "2 minimum per store" according to the ad.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Cant we order online with best buy then bring in the coupon and have them return/rebuy with the coupon?[/QUOTE]

You can, I've done it before.

I can't remember though if you do store pick and then want to return it, you have to wait like 2 hours after picking it up or something along those lines.

[quote name='neoz']You can, I've done it before.

I can't remember though if you do store pick and then want to return it, you have to wait like 2 hours after picking it up or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

so, all u have to bring is the order slip and coupon to the customer service?

Just thinking about the potential back and forth with not finding it in store, and a return/rebuy/adjustment of the online order and maybe dealing with a clueless CS rep has me staying away from the coupon now. I'll just enjoy the set being dropped off at the door.

BTW, the BB site is no longer shipping the pre-order metal case, but can still be picked up at the store (if available) as part of the combo deal to get it free.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Cant we order online with best buy then bring in the coupon and have them return/rebuy with the coupon?[/QUOTE]

You can, if CS will do it. I've had them give me hassles over it before. Something about not being able to sell it again right away after a return (I think they claimed there was a 4 hour delay or something like that). Of course, other times it's been no problem. So YMMV, I guess.

[quote name='Hibiwa']BTW, the BB site is no longer shipping the pre-order metal case, but can still be picked up at the store (if available) as part of the combo deal to get it free.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a couple of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 steel cases still in a Best Buy the other day. Kind of wondered how they handle them at this point, since it's long past pre-order on that one, but decided that I didn't really care enough to deal with it.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Just thinking about the potential back and forth with not finding it in store, and a return/rebuy/adjustment of the online order and maybe dealing with a clueless CS rep has me staying away from the coupon now. I'll just enjoy the set being dropped off at the door.

BTW, the BB site is no longer shipping the pre-order metal case, but can still be picked up at the store (if available) as part of the combo deal to get it free.[/QUOTE]

By default when I ordered it told me I had to pick it up, but then there was a tiny button that said "ship it to me instead" or something like that.

My BB purchase hasn't shipped yet though, so that is a bit dissapointing.

Was at my BB right at open. They only had 2 lunch boxes. An old lady grabbed one ahead of me and I grabbed the other. Just an FYI on possible rarity.

EDIT: This was the Brandermill BB in Richmond.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back