The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='Warner1281']TLOU is the password[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The game looks pretty good ,especially when it comes to lighting effects. I also liked the closeups for when a zombie bites you on the neck.

Just wanted to say that had to be longest update yet. Around seven I noticed the Pule Elite Headsets went up (didn't order one because I won one from the Play Days Promo?). I kept refreshing the page, and I saw the 16GB Memory Card go up. I added the item to my cart, and it quickly prompted that "this item is currently not available." I went back to the catalog, and there it was showing one in stock. I quickly jump back to my cart, and it allowed me to order the item. Roughly ten minutes later or so, I noticed that there were four Urban Camo controllers available. I added one to my cart because I missed it during the last restock. Same error popped up...I went back to the store, and it was magically available again. I quickly ordered it while my gf's parents were telling me something. After that I didn't order anything else. I already finished Heavy Rain, and the extra items aren't worth spending the points on. Already have the Resistance series, and I didn't want MLB. I would've bought SS, but I won a copy from the live chat.

Did anyone else notice that some people mentioned they won the PS3 at the end of the chat? I didn't know they were going to send out notifications that fast. Anyways, hope most CAGS were able to snag some awesome swag. I figure we won't have another update until after that auction. That's just my opinion.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Just wanted to say that had to be longest update yet. Around seven I noticed the Pule Elite Headsets went up (didn't order one because I won one from the Play Days Promo?). I kept refreshing the page, and I saw the 16GB Memory Card go up. I added the item to my cart, and it quickly prompted that "this item is currently not available." I went back to the catalog, and there it was showing one in stock. I quickly jump back to my cart, and it allowed me to order the item. Roughly ten minutes later or so, I noticed that there were four Urban Camo controllers available. I added one to my cart because I missed it during the last restock. Same error popped up...I went back to the store, and it was magically available again. I quickly ordered it while my gf's parents were telling me something. After that I didn't order anything else. I already finished Heavy Rain, and the extra items aren't worth spending the points on. Already have the Resistance series, and I didn't want MLB. I would've bought SS, but I won a copy from the live chat.

Did anyone else notice that some people mentioned they won the PS3 at the end of the chat? I didn't know they were going to send out notifications that fast. Anyways, hope most CAGS were able to snag some awesome swag. I figure we won't have another update until after that auction. That's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I sent them a tweet saying that they should do the update all at once and announce it when its done and live to avoid this kind of crap. If we had been left in the dark until the update was live they would have avoided having the site run slower than a turtle for an hour.

So I've already preordered The Last of Us from BB but I'm thinking I'm not gonna open it right away and see if I can get a copy for the RLS. I've got the 60 window for being a silver member so I think I'll wait and see. I'm also gonna want to get Beyond 2 Souls and Gran Turismo 6 for here as well this year.

I don't know if they actually notified winners that fast, but there were certainly a lot of people spamming and saying random shit about people winning almost immediately after the video stopped.

It was an interesting demo, and I'm glad they didn't show too much. The sound design seems really good, and the noises some of the enemies make is pretty damn creepy. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

For those of you complaining about the them not updating all at once, Elan mentioned that the slowness of the site was slowing him down. When people are constantly refreshing I'm sure it causes havoc on him to update. So quit complaining about it or just leave the site.

Also, no they didn't announce winners yet

[quote name='Stickboy46']For those of you complaining about the them not updating all at once, Elan mentioned that the slowness of the site was slowing him down. When people are constantly refreshing I'm sure it causes havoc on him to update. So quit complaining about it or just leave the site.

Also, no they didn't announce winners yet[/QUOTE]

All I said was he would of avoided that issue if he would not have announced he was updating the catalog on twitter. He could have waited to announce it once he had finished adding the items so that no one would have known and the site wouldn't have lagged for him while he was updating it. It seems like since they went to twitter and started announcing the restocks that this happens everytime. Up until a year or so ago I never remember having any issues.

Also take you 3 posts and shove it. Don't come in this thread and bitch at us or myself when the only reason you are hear is for the RLS and nothing else.

The winners were announced on the rls main page. Looks like I'm going to have my gf get me the survival edition for my birthday after all. Unless they put up copies on the catalog.

If anyone could give me some advice....
I start an internship in 10 days and my boss (at GameStop) was originally going to hold my job until I returned; I'm planning to be gone a little less than 2 months.
Well, the district manager today said he cannot do that and I must forfeit my job. My manager said he would hire me when I returned, but here's my question:
Is my RLS account going to be deleted? How often do they "verify" it? Do you think I can get by since I'll only be out of the job for two months? I don't want to have to start all over (in regards to points and my advocate status)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='highoffcoffee496']If anyone could give me some advice....
I start an internship in 10 days and my boss (at GameStop) was originally going to hold my job until I returned; I'm planning to be gone a little less than 2 months.
Well, the district manager today said he cannot do that and I must forfeit my job. My manager said he would hire me when I returned, but here's my question:
Is my RLS account going to be deleted? How often do they "verify" it? Do you think I can get by since I'll only be out of the job for two months? I don't want to have to start all over (in regards to points and my advocate status)[/QUOTE]

I had them deactivate my account in 08 and when I qualified again in 11 I got my old account with my old points back, so don't worry about losing everything. I would just deactivate it for two months... by leaving it active you might get a catalog update or two but you could also get a banhammer.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I had them deactivate my account in 08 and when I qualified again in 11 I got my old account with my old points back, so don't worry about losing everything. I would just deactivate it for two months... by leaving it active you might get a catalog update or two but you could also get a banhammer.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree here. Play it safe than sorry. In the end the internship will be worth missing a game or two. Plus the Sony guys are pretty cool so if you had to reach out to them about it in two months I'm sure they will fix you up if you don't have advocate.

I just returned to Best Buy after being away for a few years. My question is how many points are needed for the Elite headphones so I know how many points to save?

[quote name='perfectmf1386']i just returned to best buy after being away for a few years. My question is how many points are needed for the elite headphones so i know how many points to save?[/quote]

I might be getting a job with Samsung and I would technically be inside of a Best Buy. It's gonna suck losing RLS if I have to leave Target. On the other hand I do have an interview for mobile sales at BB. Too bad I couldn't double register for working both stores. :cool:

[quote name='finsfan0210']All I said was he would of avoided that issue if he would not have announced he was updating the catalog on twitter. He could have waited to announce it once he had finished adding the items so that no one would have known and the site wouldn't have lagged for him while he was updating it. It seems like since they went to twitter and started announcing the restocks that this happens everytime. Up until a year or so ago I never remember having any issues.

Also take you 3 posts and shove it. Don't come in this thread and bitch at us or myself when the only reason you are hear is for the RLS and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Oh we got a badass here.

[quote name='Locoxx']just received a copy of metal gear revengance, not to sure why or how, not complaining tho[/QUOTE]

Same here got my copy yesterday. Also the upc was slash free for a change.

[quote name='tokyostomp']must be nice. where do yous guys work? might be a specific retailer bonus[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That'd be fantastic if they sent me that, lol. I'd keep it sealed for sure. I played through most of the game on the Xbox 360, but now I can enjoy the game with those awesome Pulse Headsets!

It was a contest where five Target and five Best Buy employees would be receiving the game. Found the tweet.

@BjrnJens "@onPlayStation Target and Best Buy friends. Complete the MGSR and Plus mods and be entered to win a copy of MGSR. Ends on 5/6"[/QUOTE]

It looks like they work at either Target or Best Buy and won the contest.

thats crazy i actually won a contest, just found my email that i use with that site. now i can get rid of my hdd consuming digital copy

Haven't posted since the last restock. I received my copy of MGSR on the 16th. Still haven't opened it yet. Great game though. Played through most of it on the Xbox 360 already.

[quote name='tokyostomp']damnnit. i missed that tweet. i'm bb. I got papo Y Yo for free[/QUOTE]

If you have a Twitter account, I'd subscribe to it so you can get their tweets sent directly to your phone. That's the only way I know about catalog restocks; contests, promos, and just general updates.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If you have a Twitter account, I'd subscribe to it so you can get their tweets sent directly to your phone. That's the only way I know about catalog restocks; contests, promos, and just general updates.[/QUOTE]

i have their feeds forwards via sms. usually im pretty good about it but i'll assume i just missed it

[quote name='WormFOODx']Anyone get their order from last week yet? Soul sacrifice?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I'm thinking next week Wednesday or so. Anyone who missed out on the Portable Charger (it's really awesome), GameStop is clearing them out for $19.97. Not as good as $10, but it's still a nice purchase if you want to save some points. They go for 3,000 points. I own, but I'm definitely going to pick up a second one.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Jens Bjørn VII ‏@BjrnJens
.@onPlayStation I will place the next catalogue order tøday before I head out. One other quick thing...[/QUOTE]

I think that means he's ordering the stuff for the next update. Not actually posting items in the catalog. That's how I read it, anyway.

Resistance Collection arrived today. I thought it was going to be in a special jewel case, not a sleeve with all three games in it. Still, looks nice.

Resistance Collection arrived today. I thought it was going to be in a special jewel case, not a sleeve with all three games in it. Still, looks nice.

[quote name='joeyshadows']SS and a red ds3 showed up today. I wonder if the last of us will go up on the site.[/QUOTE]

It probably will. I received my 16Gb Vita Memory Card and Urban Camo controller. Fastest turnaround from them. Actually I think I received MGSR three days after they emailed me. Would that count? Whatever, lol.

[quote name='Kolma']still waiting for @onPlayStation to approve me :(
How long does it usually take? (I'm @Kolma)[/QUOTE]

How long have you been waiting?

[quote name='bigant262']How long have you been waiting?[/QUOTE]

about a week or two
Either same day or day after i got into site (may 14th)

[quote name='Kolma']still waiting for @onPlayStation to approve me :(
How long does it usually take? (I'm @Kolma)[/QUOTE]

Just send them a tweet explaining that you are a new member and want to be approved. That's what I had to do

[quote name='finsfan0210']So I just realized I'm still using the same PS3 Mousepad I got from the RLS catalog about 5 years ago![/QUOTE]

I could use a decent mousepad, not sure i would buy a sony one for $10 bucks but it might make a nice garnish to a package if they ever toss in freebies (i always hope they will throw in one of the figurines that never sell into one of my rls packages to clear out some space but that hasn't happened yet) or for an auction item.

Did you have to buy the mouspad and is it decent for gaming or is it a generic?

[quote name='Squabbit']I could use a decent mousepad, not sure i would buy a sony one for $10 bucks but it might make a nice garnish to a package if they ever toss in freebies (i always hope they will throw in one of the figurines that never sell into one of my rls packages to clear out some space but that hasn't happened yet) or for an auction item.

Did you have to buy the mouspad and is it decent for gaming or is it a generic?[/QUOTE]

I got it back when everything was free before they rebooted the site. I don't play games on my PC so I'm not sure about that. It's just cool to have it.

[quote name='finsfan0210']So I just realized I'm still using the same PS3 Mousepad I got from the RLS catalog about 5 years ago![/QUOTE]

just found mine that I got from the store rep. My vita mlb 13 arrived today also

Portable charger came in today. I was a dummy and thought it had a 3000 mAh capacity, but it's actually 5000 mAh. Even though I own 2 10000 mAh Anker 3s, for $10 this is a steal and at full capacity this can charge the Vita 3.5 times.

I know I have like a ton of DS3s but I wish I would stop missing them. Still want Red and Silver for $10 lol

[quote name='TheHelix']Portable charger came in today. I was a dummy and thought it had a 3000 mAh capacity, but it's actually 5000 mAh. Even though I own 2 10000 mAh Anker 3s, for $10 this is a steal and at full capacity this can charge the Vita 3.5 times.

I know I have like a ton of DS3s but I wish I would stop missing them. Still want Red and Silver for $10 lol[/QUOTE]

The Silver DS3's were in the catalog at one point? I didn't know that. I always ask on twitter about the Gold one. Maybe we'll get one.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The Silver DS3's were in the catalog at one point? I didn't know that. I always ask on twitter about the Gold one. Maybe we'll get one.[/QUOTE]

The gold ones are available on Newegg for $50 but like I said I already got like 7 DS3s lolz. I was a dummy and should've snagged one from Gamestop last Black Friday for $40 when I had a ton of credit to burn.

[quote name='TheHelix']The gold ones are available on Newegg for $50 but like I said I already got like 7 DS3s lolz. I was a dummy and should've snagged one from Gamestop last Black Friday for $40 when I had a ton of credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

I have a problem when it comes to getting those DS3's. I had the black one from the catalog in my cart, but it wouldn't let me process the order. Does anyone have a list of everything that was added? I had an interview earlier that caused me to miss out on this restock. I wish I could've snagged that wireless keypad. Maybe it'll come back..

bread's done
Back