The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="12115593" timestamp="1411522245"]Something along the lines of "we reviewed our retail partners and found that rewards violate Costco's policies", but I don't buy it. It's probably another pissing match between Costco and MS like Costco had with Apple. I haven't heard anything on my side about that though, so who knows. Boo MS.[/quote]
I think it might be that stupid tip policy. fuck this shit.

No reason for me to keep my accounts active now. Moving onto something else.

[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="12115593" timestamp="1411522245"]Something along the lines of "we reviewed our retail partners and found that rewards violate Costco's policies", but I don't buy it. It's probably another pissing match between Costco and MS like Costco had with Apple. I haven't heard anything on my side about that though, so who knows. Boo MS.[/quote]
I think it might be that stupid tip policy. fuck this shit.

No reason for me to keep my accounts active now. Moving onto something else.

So apparently Microsoft decided to remove the option to order rewards/enter contests for Costco employees on ExpertZone...such bullshit. Six years of active training down the drain for no goddamn reason. I just did reverify and make an order, too; hopefully they honor it or I'm getting my CC company involved since they already charged it.

On topic, thanks for continuing to kick ExpertZone's ass RLS! At least Sony is looking out for retail employees.
What happened with Costco and Apple? That's definitely one of the perks of working retail. If they were to get rid of our "incentives," I'd leave as well.

What happened with Costco and Apple? That's definitely one of the perks of working retail. If they were to get rid of our "incentives," I'd leave as well.
Working at Costco isn't like working other retail. Their benefits are ridiculously better and even their starting wages are about 25% higher than other retailers. Non-supervisors at Costco can make up to a little over $20 an hour whereas at a place like Target, even their supervisors (team leads) are capped out around $18-20 an hour.

Losing out on a few discounted games a year is a very small price to pay for getting to work at Costco. Somewhere like Target though? That's a totally different story.

Working at Costco isn't like working other retail. Their benefits are ridiculously better and even their starting wages are about 25% higher than other retailers. Non-supervisors at Costco can make up to a little over $20 an hour whereas at a place like Target, even their supervisors (team leads) are capped out around $18-20 an hour.

Losing out on a few discounted games a year is a very small price to pay for getting to work at Costco. Somewhere like Target though? That's a totally different story.
That's awesome! I'd work there if I could. I don't think there's a Costco anywhere near me. I definitely wouldn't want to work at a place where I'm capped. That's annoying...

Truth. I've been there for 9 years and was lucky to get $12 an hour. It's come to the point where "full time" is considered a myth.

Apple wouldn't cut them the best price for members so they got dropped like a bad habit lol.

Working for Costco varies store to store with management. If you can grind it out, and deal with the store work at ( if they have crappy management ) then you will be making 21-24 + an hour depending on your job classification. Also you will get ridiculous bonuses twice a year. It starts out at $2500 twice a year.

There are no perks to working retail. I'm in management and I fucking hate my job. Been doing this shit for 8 years now. Been trying to leave for the past six months.

Yeah retail definitely takes it's toll at times people always think I'm trying to steal their money!

On the brighter side of things I got my blue controller today!

There are no perks to working retail. I'm in management and I fucking hate my job. Been doing this shit for 8 years now. Been trying to leave for the past six months.
Been at GameStop a solid 4 years and working on my 5th. Just got a raise to minimum wage when it went up earlier this month.

All that being said, retail is not hard work. If you jump through the corporate hoops and don't let customers get under your skin it can be fun to interact with the people. I would definitely consider the loyalty sites one of the biggest perks of working in this industry. It is a thankless job and the parent companies make it pretty clear they couldn't care less about their first tier employees. Feels nice to have places like Microsoft and Sony show a little love.

Been at GameStop a solid 4 years and working on my 5th. Just got a raise to minimum wage when it went up earlier this month.

All that being said, retail is not hard work. If you jump through the corporate hoops and don't let customers get under your skin it can be fun to interact with the people. I would definitely consider the loyalty sites one of the biggest perks of working in this industry. It is a thankless job and the parent companies make it pretty clear they couldn't care less about their first tier employees. Feels nice to have places like Microsoft and Sony show a little love.
Intel as well. I work at Best Buy one to two days week, and I work in customer service. Talking to people is cool and all, but it's gets boring when nothing is going on. I didn't mind being full time because the days would fly by, but is had to change up the pace after my car accident. I take it for what it is, and I'll ride this train for as long as I can. One thing about Intel, I wish their requirements weren't so tedious....

See below.

Apple wouldn't cut them the best price for members so they got dropped like a bad habit lol.

Working for Costco varies store to store with management. If you can grind it out, and deal with the store work at ( if they have crappy management ) then you will be making 21-24 + an hour depending on your job classification. Also you will get ridiculous bonuses twice a year. It starts out at $2500 twice a year.
next week baby

Don't forget the health care, vision, dental, 401K match and stock buying options, even for part time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="12119913" timestamp="1411687327"]See below.

next week baby

Don't forget the health care, vision, dental, 401K match and stock buying options, even for part time.[/quote]
That too. I'm conflicted with leaving them. I love working with the people I'm around, but I don't make enough money that I want, and I want something way more tech based.

I just know it's an excellent company to work for and I'm past 2 years so it'll be hard as hell to fire me.

I wish I could have started working there 4 years ago.

I use to call Wednesday "Vendor Day" since that's when they all came in needing help - toys, food, electronics, health and beauty reps. I was one of the few willing to help and the Hasbro rep even said I helped him more than anyone of the other stores he visits. Even my Sony rep was wondering why my fellow team members were just standing around.

I use to have fun there until these past 2 years where management was full of new people, including those right out of college (employees like myself were teaching them what to do for higher positions) and they usually left 1-2 years later; since then, it's higher workload and lower morale. If I can find a retail place that has people who care since I honestly don't mind the work and helping people who appreciate it (whether it's "guests" or employees) then I'll be much happier.

And I can get enough money to buy a PS4 and push those consoles out the door.

Got this e-mail today:
Hello On PlayStation members,Beginning this Wednesday Oct 1st we will begin running a series of auctions through the On PlayStation website. These auctions will run through the holiday season. All you will need is your points to make bids on a variety of items we will make available. During this time we will be working on the rewards catalogue so it will remain hidden for a period of time. We will keep you posted as we get close to reactivating it with a range of different products. In the meantime, enjoy the auction!As always, don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or comments.
So start taking all your quizzes now.
Man, I have almost 30k in points but stuff always goes for crazy amounts. Hope they have the PS TV.

Got this e-mail today:

Hello On PlayStation members,Beginning this Wednesday Oct 1st we will begin running a series of auctions through the On PlayStation website. These auctions will run through the holiday season. All you will need is your points to make bids on a variety of items we will make available. During this time we will be working on the rewards catalogue so it will remain hidden for a period of time. We will keep you posted as we get close to reactivating it with a range of different products. In the meantime, enjoy the auction!As always, don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or comments.

So start taking all your quizzes now.
Nice, I never picked up anything from the auction because the point total for items are so high...If you're like me, and you pick up the new items as soon as they hit (highest point total), you probably won't have enough points for any of the items. Good luck trying to score anything with this auction. I vaguely remember one controller going for almost 8,000 points...

I clicked on the rewards catalog and got this

Rewards Catalog
Beginning this Wednesday Oct 1st we will begin running a series of auctions through the On PlayStation website. These auctions will run through the holiday season. All you will need is your points to make bids on a variety of items we will make available. During this time we will be working on the rewards catalogue so it will remain hidden for a period of time. We will keep you posted as we get close to reactivating it with a range of different products. In the meantime, enjoy the auction!

I'm excited to see the changes.

My Sony rep just informed me that there is a chat tonight in 45 minutes on NBA 2K15.  

Not a basketball fan, but the chats are always fun.

I hope the chat starts on time tonight. I have to go to leave my house at 6:30 to get to class on time. I'll try to watch it on my phone on my way there, if not I will always catch what I missed on the replay.

Also for the auction 27k points for a PS2? No thanks I'd rather save my points and get at least 4 games. People are crazy.

Any idea who won? Hopefully verified members. I saw one person asking if they could just watch then next thing I know they said they won

Any idea who won? Hopefully verified members. I saw one person asking if they could just watch then next thing I know they said they won

Any cags?

The winners!
@xBooGeY
@TheAggroCraig
@ChrisFranklin0
@Grubmeyer
@KillerAJD
@HitnRunTony
@Lowpes
@bananasuitdino
@tokyostomp
@secretsof2113

I'm bummed about the catalog being gone for the next 3 months. I was hoping to get Drive Club, LBP3 and maybe even a PS TV. The auctions are insane.

I haven't gotten the impression that the catalog will be gone for the entire time.  The auctions should run through the end of the year, but hopefully the catalog updates only take a couple of weeks to revamp and then it will be back.  

Congrats to the NBA winners, I'm tempted to get twitter just to follow onPLaystation... contests like that don't make it any easier to resist!!

bread's done
Back