The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

i'm ready!, i have my pulse elite with the infinite sound profile downloaded, my season pass and IR unlocks and preorder bonuses. i rented the game but feel i should wait until i get my copy to play it, weird right?

also was i the only jerkhole calling the game Bioshock Infinity. until the pulse told me it was inn-fuhhh-nit

Ah god dammit, soon as I get home from work bam, completely out. Oh well. Grats to everyone who snagged one.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']@batman1939, Was Journey added today? I snagged a copy when it first was available.[/QUOTE]

It was added with the last update a few weeks ago.

New software bundles are up for 0 points and $10 shipping but nothing I really want, or they are separated by different bundles.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i'm ready!, i have my pulse elite with the infinite sound profile downloaded, my season pass and IR unlocks and preorder bonuses. i rented the game but feel i should wait until i get my copy to play it, weird right?

also was i the only jerkhole calling the game Bioshock Infinity. until the pulse told me it was inn-fuhhh-nit[/QUOTE]

You have to download the profile from PSN? I didn't know that. That's strange.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You have to download the profile from PSN? I didn't know that. That's strange.[/QUOTE]

There's a software update for the app which adds it.

so i played some infinite with the pulse elites. hard to say there was a major difference between the other eqs. maybe because i'm drunk?

[quote name='Squabbit']It also looks like they lowered the point cost for literally everything in the catalog. Lots and lots of cheap items to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really matter when the price is still $10.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Doesn't really matter when the price is still $10.[/QUOTE]

It really kinda does when there are items that somebody wants to pick up from the catalog but they are trying to manage their points :roll:

Looks like some new bundles went up, or at least I haven't seen them before.

Move Some More
Phones. For heads. And also Invizimals.
Retro Futuristic
Retro Retroistic
Spoderman Teim

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You have to download the profile from PSN? I didn't know that. That's strange.[/QUOTE]

there is a app you download from psn that allows you to change the profiles that are stored on the headset.

i believe it hold 5 profiles but in the app you can choose the ones you wish to be stored on the headset. there are about 10-15 to choose from i believe.

Game
>Action
>Shooter
>FPS
>BioShock Infinite

Music
>Techno
>Bass
>Hip-Hop

Movie
>Adventure
>Sci-Fi

thats not the full list and i know i mixed up some of the EQs but thats the general breakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_X39Y9TbPY

[quote name='KrebStar']Looks like some new bundles went up, or at least I haven't seen them before.

Move Some More
Phones. For heads. And also Invizimals.
Retro Futuristic
Retro Retroistic
Spoderman Teim[/QUOTE]

I really thought you were full of it, till i saw the names of those bundles. Hmmm... Someone is bored.

[quote name='DemonKysho']I really thought you were full of it, till i saw the names of those bundles. Hmmm... Someone is bored.[/QUOTE]

Jens always does goofy shit like that.

Did a bunch of On.Playstation stuff yesterday. I have ton of points, but nothing to spend it on. I guess I'll wait until they get some stuff back up.

By the way for those that got Bioshock, your in for a treat. If your good at FPS and have played bioshock before i also recommend your first playthrough on hard. I felt like if i played on normal and being a veteran of the series i would of blazed through. I think i appreciated it more on hard, that every encounter was a fight for survival and this is how it would be for booker.

Was finished around 16 Hours and i thought i explored a good chunk of places. I missed like 10 records.

For veterans of the series, there is no adam. You upgrade everything with money, it's kind of overwhelming since there are upgrades for each gun not to be confused with each type. I will say once you get it i strongly suggest setting aside time to beat it.

That was an easy quiz. Didn't even have to watch the video. I love when quizzes are only 5 questions. Makes the trial and error method a lot easier.

[quote name='blume3']Did a bunch of On.Playstation stuff yesterday. I have ton of points, but nothing to spend it on. I guess I'll wait until they get some stuff back up.[/QUOTE]

According to the RLS twitter they'll be having another auction soon for this exact reason.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']According to the RLS twitter they'll be having another auction soon for this exact reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of those auctions. I remember one of the DS3's went for 12 or 15,000 points. That's insane considering they were offered for 3,000 points multiple times in the past few months. Did the promo and now I'm over 21,000 points! I'll be saving those for a while.

I'm surprised the points value for rewards are so low. I figured the new stuff would be around 10,000 points.

Hustla, is that Youtube link in your sig a ring tone for updates?

Do you guys have specific ring tones for your phones/tablets/etc. for On.Playstation updates?

[quote name='Cage017']I'm surprised the points value for rewards are so low. I figured the new stuff would be around 10,000 points.

Do you guys have specific ring tones for your phones/tablets/etc. for On.Playstation updates?[/QUOTE]

I don't even bother with the EA training site for that reason

Yes indeed there was around 123 copies of GOW and around 100 of MLB there much to go around so go and get em while they're hot bros.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm surprised the points value for rewards are so low. I figured the new stuff would be around 10,000 points.

Do you guys have specific ring tones for your phones/tablets/etc. for On.Playstation updates?[/QUOTE]

Nah, that would be cool though. I have their tweets sent directly to my phone like a text message. As of right now there's 17 copies of God of War and 100 or so copies of MLB The Show. Speaking of the EA Site, they actually closed down shop recently. I only received Battlefield 3, and Mass Effect 3 from them.

WOW surprised they put GOWA back up so fast! Glad I checked this in time, only had 5 copies left when I snagged one. Can't wait to play it!

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I don't even bother with the EA training site for that reason[/QUOTE]

That site was so misleading and annoying. I tried to sign up but they said they don't accept Target employees. Yet, I still get e-mails from them advertising their retail loyalty site.

Missed out on Ascension again. How often does the Resistance combo pack show up? It would be nice to buy that and turn in the single editions I have for profit somewhere (same applies to Killzone).

[quote name='Cage017']That site was so misleading and annoying. I tried to sign up but they said they don't accept Target employees. Yet, I still get e-mails from them advertising their retail loyalty site.

Missed out on Ascension again. How often does the Resistance combo pack show up? It would be nice to buy that and turn in the single editions I have for profit somewhere (same applies to Killzone).[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to see the Resistance collection pop up too. Killzone Trilogy came on there a few weeks ago.

Hi, I haven't been on RLS in a while and I stil have a few hundred points, but I was wondering if they ever have any PSN downloads or PS+ trials on RLS?

Thanks!

[quote name='epmacman']Hi, I haven't been on RLS in a while and I stil have a few hundred points, but I was wondering if they ever have any PSN downloads or PS+ trials on RLS?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

They have done a few training modules where upon completion they'll send you a code for one month of PS+ (iirc) or access to betas/demos of upcoming PS exclusive titles. In terms of redeeming points for that stuff? No, unfortunately.

[quote name='felixcostello']They have done a few training modules where upon completion they'll send you a code for one month of PS+ (iirc) or access to betas/demos of upcoming PS exclusive titles. In terms of redeeming points for that stuff? No, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

It's weird too since they specify a $5 charge for DLC rewards in the catalog, but AFAIK they've never had any.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']It's weird too since they specify a $5 charge for DLC rewards in the catalog, but AFAIK they've never had any.[/QUOTE]

The used to have PSP games that were download codes. I've never seen DLC in the catalog.

[quote name='NateWhs152']Anyone's Bioshock, GOWA, or MLB ship?[/QUOTE]

They charged me for Bioshock last Tues/Weds so it should get here in the first half of the week. They never update my shipping status until after I receive the item...frustrating but at least they're shipping quickly now.

I have a few items from months ago that are still marked as processing despite having arrived within 2 weeks. Occasionally I'll see something marked as shipped the day it arrives, but it usually doesn't change until a few days after delivery.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']The used to have PSP games that were download codes. I've never seen DLC in the catalog.[/QUOTE]

Back in the day you could use your points in the Catalog to get PAIN. It was back when everything was free 3 plus years ago.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Back in the day you could use your points in the Catalog to get PAIN. It was back when everything was free 3 plus years ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming that. My coworker mentioned everything was free a few years ago. Did items cost more points back then?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks for confirming that. My coworker mentioned everything was free a few years ago. Did items cost more points back then?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, they were expensive despite the surveys giving the same amounts they do now. IIRC my PS3 media remote was 2000-2500ish and games were even higher than the new releases are now. You'd have to save up for months to be able to get anything worthwhile.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks for confirming that. My coworker mentioned everything was free a few years ago. Did items cost more points back then?[/QUOTE]

Nah, if I remember correctly it was the same 3,000-4,000 points but the catch was games took a lot longer to be put up on there rather than the 1-2 weeks after release that we get now (with advocates) and it wouldn't be unusual to take a month to get your game after submitting the order.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nah, if I remember correctly it was the same 3,000-4,000 points but the catch was games took a lot longer to be put up on there rather than the 1-2 weeks after release that we get now (with advocates) and it wouldn't be unusual to take a month to get your game after submitting the order.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I definitely like how the site is now. I only wish we could retake the quizzes after you complete them. For instance, they could reset every three months or so. I don't think that would be too much to ask.

bread's done
Back