The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Yeahh got my Gold headset and ISS today. Don't know if I would pay $100 but I am very happy at $35. I'm a bit concerned about the build quality because it seems like it's Turtle Beach level, so hopefully mine lasts longer than a year. 

They need to do a lot better on the PS4s' prices. Right now on ebay new PS4s are going for only $30 more than on Sony's RLS for Pete's sake...

Last edited by a moderator:
The price on the PS4 is definitely higher then i would want to spend.  I could have grabbed a pre owned one from work for roughly $340 (with my employee discount) with a 1 year warranty.

I'm sure that they have their prices set by their corporate offices or they have a certain budget set aside for their catalog updates and discounting the systems would eat a lot of that up.  IMO, 3K points is roughly a $50 discount.  20K points for $65 discount is a bit over kill.  Also, I'm pretty sure that retail doesn't pay terribly well for most of the people here so spending that kind of cash on an impulse buy is pretty slim.

Hopefully they will drop the price down the line so i can get involved in the next gen system and keep giving customers first hand experience about their products.  Sony RLS is still my favorite site!!  

That's the trick people.

You sell games for near nothing, but the magic box to make it work is gonna cost you. I think it balances itself out in the whole scheme of things.

Now the catalog available is a whole different story.I mean what's on the PS4's library now. At least for me there is Infamous and maybe killzone, not a big sports guy. At least if people have plus there is a nice little stack built up. The remaster of Last of Us is kind of worth it for the DLC bundle alone. As for what is going to be on RLS, third party titles are rare but still possible.

The problem with the PS4 price was that they double dipped.  They gave only a small discount and then a huge point hit.   For that point total, it should have been $199.

I don't think rls charges tax. So for some even if the discount isn't huge, saving 30 in taxes is nice. The point hit is awful but they aren't throwing these systems up like candy either.

Hmm, there was a new PS+ Module but doesn't appear to be any contest or free PS+ voucher reward for doing it. Oh well, it was fun getting a free year the past few years or so, but I suppose with PS+ being required for online multiplayer for PS4 now maybe Sony won't give out PS+ subs like candy to RLS associates now.

Not sure if this means anything to anyone but I noticed that the thumbnails for the training modules (box art thumbnails) are actually high rez artwork. Just right click and open the images in a new tab. Good for those of us graphic types that do odd projects.

BTW, that's part of why those pages take so long to load. While great that I can get cover box art there it's a huge drain on their load times.

So not sure if anyone else noticed that at some point the catalog was restocked:

DualShock 4

PlayStation 4 Camera

PlayStation Vita + Borderlands 2 bundle

Borderlands 2 Vita

Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

Probably also other stuff that I bought.

So not sure if anyone else noticed that at some point the catalog was restocked:

DualShock 4

PlayStation 4 Camera

PlayStation Vita + Borderlands 2 bundle

Borderlands 2 Vita

Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

Probably also other stuff that I bought.
I don't see anything :(

edit: and I'm verified. Are they sold out already?

I checked my profile right now and don't see anything that indicates status, where would I see this at if you don't mind helping out a newbie?
Well if you're new you're definitely not Advocate - you'd have to have logged in consecutively for I think it's 6 months? I'm not sure anymore. You would see it at the top under Status and Store.

I only see Borderlands 2 Vita. I would get the camera considering how cheap it is. I remember when I bought mine, they were going for $125+ on eBay etc due to a low print. They're readily available now so I don't think that's the case now.

Huh, completely missed out on that stealth update.Did they nix the Destiny live chat or did I miss that? I'm just seeing a message about an Indie Showcase on the 30th now. If they nixed it then that stinks, I was looking forward to the MLB The Show chat and the Destiny chat.

Looks like there was another small restock on the site.  A few vita bundles. couple more controllers and a few other odds and ends are up

Does anyone recall the turnaround for getting their vita bundle delivered? A rep emailed me and said they were shipping via fedex ground, but the tracking number they gave me Friday morning is invalid. I want to try to make sure I'm home for the delivery.

Have there been any ps4 controllers yet?

Does anyone recall the turnaround for getting their vita bundle delivered? A rep emailed me and said they were shipping via fedex ground, but the tracking number they gave me Friday morning is invalid. I want to try to make sure I'm home for the delivery.
My last order was "shipped" on a Friday, but wasn't updated or picked up by DHL until the following Thursday, then delivered the following Monday. So most orders take 1-3 weeks for me in Socal. Hopefully my vita shows up by 7/31.

Have there been any ps4 controllers yet?

My last order was "shipped" on a Friday, but wasn't updated or picked up by DHL until the following Thursday, then delivered the following Monday. So most orders take 1-3 weeks for me in Socal. Hopefully my vita shows up by 7/31.
Thanks. I think that's for anything but systems. They sent my vita from Illinois and it showed up yesterday.

bread's done
Back