The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

My PS4 just kicked the bucket today. I felt appropriate to my luck that I got to the email just after it sold out >_<.

I hope Neo does come out this year, the waiting is going to kill me. No Man Sky, and No Mans PS4, they don't mix well.

I feel your pain. My PS4 died right around Uncharted launch, not too long after they put a bunch of different PS4 bundles up. I watched the site like a hawk for a few weeks after, hoping they would add more, which didn't happen. Sadly I couldn't wait and I wound up getting the Uncharted 4 bundle from that Target Cartwheel deal. I much rather of got one from here.

When I saw the posts that that bundle was up for 3k points and $85... Atleast I was able to sell the physical copy of the game that came with it since I got the digital from here.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
How did they die? Overheating issues?

How did they die? Overheating issues?
Playing game, fun, fun, then my controller starts flashing white and the PS4 shuts down.

Hoping it was a one time crash (I knew a full power down wasn't a crash, but played along as if it was), blue strip on PS4, beep, white strip on PS4, shuts down.

Do a little sleuthing; Change cables, try to boot safe mode, remove HDD...no go.

So it's either overheating or a bad power supply. I'd normally try and order a replacement refurbished power supply and try to reapply thermal compound, but it doesn't seem worth putting money into with the neo on the horizon.

I'll cross my fingers and dance the jig tomorrow, might help me pick the exact time to check if they restock?

Catalog watch day 4:

Yesterday. A successful hunt. The elusive cheap gaming monster reared its beautiful head. It was hit with a bevy of f5s and the wild beast was tamed. As everyone packed up their tents and lace our boots to march back into the real world, we see a few lifeless bodies of those who were not as lucky. The hunters gather their belongings and start their trek on the dusty trail. As they marched off the last hunter caught something out of the corner of his sparkly eyes. A rounded matte colored ball no bigger in circumference than a I Chicago deep dish, he cried out "WAIT!", dropped his bag and rushed to it. It was then he knew that this wasn't a ball, but an egg. "The cheap gaming monster lives!" He exclaimed. A flash of hope to come. To be continued...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catalog watch day 4:

Yesterday. A successful hunt. The elusive cheap gaming monster reared its beautiful head. It was hit with a bevy of f5s and the wild beast was tamed. As everyone packed up their tents and lace our boots to march back into the real world, we see a few lifeless bodies of those who were not as lucky. The hunters gather their belongings and start their trek on the dusty trail. As they marched off the last hunter caught something out of the corner of his sparkly eyes. A rounded matte colored ball no bigger in circumference than a I Chicago deep dish, he cried out "WAIT!", dropped his bag and rushed to it. It was then he knew that this wasn't a ball, but an egg. "The cheap gaming monster lives!" He exclaimed. A flash of hope to come. To be continued...

Don't stop whatever it is your doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Catalog watch day 4:

If the calls of tweet birds are to be believed, the hunting shall commense tomorrow

Catalog watch day 4:

Better story telling than Final Fantasy XIII

I think it's a lil funny?(not sure if this is the right word...) That we were all wanting No Man's Sky to go away to get the next item, and then they cut them off early and now people are upset they missed it.

I think it's a lil funny?(not sure if this is the right word...) That we were all wanting No Man's Sky to go away to get the next item, and then they cut them off early and now people are upset they missed it.
Maybe ironic is the word!? Lol. People will always complain whether they get in on the deals or not. Like No Man's Sky was up for 30 mins, and Uncharted was up for 20ish minutes. The other items maybe less than five. I constantly check this thread, the twitter feed, and the website for latest updates. People just need to be more proactive and attentive I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Maybe ironic is the word!? Lol. People will always complain whether they get in on the deals or not. Like No Man's Sky was up for 30 mins, and Uncharted was up for 20ish minutes. The other items maybe less than five. I constantly check this thread, the twitter feed, and the website for latest updates. People just need to be more proactive and attentive I guess.

People need to learn to tapatalk and take bathroom breaks when needed if at work.

People need to learn to tapatalk and take bathroom breaks when needed if at work.
I'm a graphic designer, so the loyalty site and CAG forums are always open in tabs somewhere on my workstation monitors. Still managed to miss those PS4 systems yesterday tho, haha.

Catalog watch day 4:

You're my favorite person ever. Thank you for being alive.

I have the website open on my phone, and on my work phone. It's nice that it keeps you signed in because it saves my filter. I'll drop whatever I'm doing to make sure I get in on the update.

I'm a graphic designer, so the loyalty site and CAG forums are always open in tabs somewhere on my workstation monitors. Still managed to miss those PS4 systems yesterday tho, haha.
You're a graphic designer using a retail loyalty site? :whistle2:k

We don't have to justify to you but some of us have medical bills we are buried under.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
What, the $30k+ a year as a graphic designer doesn't make the dent that a minimum wage (or close to it) retail job does? Come on, man. I know people abuse the RLS these days just like they did years ago but don't be so arrogant about it. Take your cheap games and merchandise quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get paid shit. Could we all chill? Everyone is verified and that's all that matters.

Whoa. Sorry folks. Wasn't trying to kick a hornet's nest here. I've been working at GameStop for over a decade. Still do. Was ASM for a time, and little by little, I slowly transitioned to part time SGA as I went to school for my BFA in graphic design. Now I'm working in the field I always wanted to, which is awesome, but my wife also works, and I keep on at GameStop on the weekends as a second job because, as several of you have pointed out, that's just the reality of making a living these days. Hell, without my GS discount and the RLS site, I just wouldn't be able to afford having a gaming habit. Raising a daughter will always take precedence, and it sure as hell isn't cheap, lol.

So anyway, my apologies, I wasn't trying to be flippant or brag about not working retail, because I'm still babysitting those abandoned mall kids tearing up the endcaps on Sundays. I just felt safe sharing a bit of my own situation, 'cos since I found this site I've come to realize that you're all pretty swell. It's always good to get a heads-up from you guys when a deal goes live, and even if I take a pass on a deal or just miss the update, it's equally fun to see my CAG comrades get hooked up, too! Much love! Good luck with the Friday giveaway! :)

Catalog Watch Day 5

The discovery of an egg has the hunters in a tizzy, for they know it takes two to tango. That means somewhere out in the rough is another deal waiting to be had. Although our tracking tells us we won't find this monster deal for a few more days. Until then we must be happy with it's the droppings that we do find.

However all is not well in camp. Tensions run as high as a snoop dog concert among the crew. All of this because someone knows how to draw. For there to be a successful second hunt we must put our differences aside, and work together. We are all brothers and sisters of the RLS. Let us gingerly touch our tips and drink our ale. For Monday, we ride.

Catalog Watch Day 5

The discovery of an egg has the hunters in a tizzy, for they know it takes two to tango. That means somewhere out in the rough is another deal waiting to be had. Although our tracking tells us we won't find this monster deal for a few more days. Until then we must be happy with it's the droppings that we do find.

However all is not well in camp. Tensions run as high as a snoop dog concert among the crew. All of this because someone knows how to draw. For there to be a successful second hunt we must put our differences aside, and work together. We are all brothers and sisters of the RLS. Let us gingerly touch our tips and drink our ale. For Monday, we ride.

6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Catalog Watch Day 5

I love these posts! Keep them going!

Catalog Watch Day 5

Curious. Are you an author or a writer?

Catalog Watch Day 5

I want you to tell me stories as I drift off to sleep at night...

11:34am...

I haven't seen a post from Staindedkorneww in three long days...

My hope runs thin...my composure buckles... I may not be able to continue for much longer.

I require sustenance. The sweet nectar that is Staindedkorneww's posts...

bread's done
Back