The New, But Not Improved Firmware Thread: 4.00 Currently Available

[quote name='Paco']lSaw this topic bumped up and I thought Cheapest Gamer was complaining about another update on his El Slowo internet. I was right.[/QUOTE]
Yep. But I went off and did something else while it updated. When I came back it was done(yay). More useless crap, for me anyway.

I'm surprised Sony went so long between updates. For awhile there it seemed like they were kicking out updates every couple weeks although I guess those were mainly security updates trying to keep up with the hackers.

It's also about time they applied an update for their wireless stereo headset. I haven't had a lot of issue but on the playstation.com website there have been several people complaining about the extra noise during on-line play.

Without cheapest gamer complaining, I pray for this topic. Thine time is almost at an end. You have been a good topic, but without your number one supporter, this topic is now left to die. Unless someone else becomes the new cheapest.

Yep.
CAG just isn't the same.

As someone who doesn't need card reader support, I feel offended that I'm forced to download this update just to play online.

[quote name='Nogib']4.40[/QUOTE]

Nobody gives a shit without Cheapest complaining. Everyone elses complaints just pale in comparison.

Jesus, I missed news of the last two firmware updates until I turned my system on. The fuck happened to the Early Whining System that filled this thread with complaints about unnecessary features?

This thread needs more Cheapest!

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow every time I try to use the PSN store there's a new update to annoy me. First 4.40 then I think I'm in the. Clear and there's a PSN store update![/QUOTE]

The 4.40 seems to have made my system run better. Before the update my console seemed to be running sluggish at times. I had a few freeze-ups as well while playing RE 6. I know for sure the Playstation Store update has made a huge difference. Before the update it was always sluggish when searching for games, today after I ran the update the scrolling ran smooth.

That store update was the biggest waste of time IMO. I feel less interested in randomly browsing for things. The new menu setup is sluggish in comparison to before and everything feels like its nestled far away from everything else: it's just too compartamentalized. Now browsing feels like a chore, so I only go on to do task-specific things.

It's been awhile since I entered codes in the PS store on the PS3 (have been using the website) is entering codes all on one line new? Used to be you had to click, enter 4, click, click, enter 4, click, click enter 4, click, click, confirm.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']That store update was the biggest waste of time IMO. I feel less interested in randomly browsing for things. The new menu setup is sluggish in comparison to before and everything feels like its nestled far away from everything else: it's just too compartamentalized. Now browsing feels like a chore, so I only go on to do task-specific things.[/QUOTE]
agreed. It's even difficult to find things that I know i want sometimes. Seems strange to make such a late-in-life change to the store (especially when that content won't translate to the PS4). It is trying to satisfy some of the requests people had from day 1, but in doing so (not really) they broke a system that worked good enough for the last several years. I'd love to see some figures on how much sales dropped off after the change. I think the "Spend $40 get $10" deal right now is probably a good sign that they did.

[quote name='nbballard']agreed. It's even difficult to find things that I know i want sometimes. Seems strange to make such a late-in-life change to the store (especially when that content won't translate to the PS4). It is trying to satisfy some of the requests people had from day 1, but in doing so (not really) they broke a system that worked good enough for the last several years. I'd love to see some figures on how much sales dropped off after the change. I think the "Spend $40 get $10" deal right now is probably a good sign that they did.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Under the old system you could easily find all of the new stuff (games, wallpapers, free games, discounted games, etc...) that was updated weekly. Now, unless I know specifically what I want, it's almost impossible to browse under this redesign.

Content not carrying over is my biggest disappointment in the PS4 so far. I'm sure the announcement of a new console always steals at least a little bit of revenue from the current gen. If folks new their games and content would carry over they could continue to spend with confidence on the games and add-ons they really want now.

I don't use the playstation store in my ps3 anymore coz its too slow. I just use the store over the Internet. It's faster and easier to navigate around. Of course I do have to manually download my purchases in my download list over in my console after

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I don't use the playstation store in my ps3 anymore coz its too slow. I just use the store over the Internet. It's faster and easier to navigate around. Of course I do have to manually download my purchases in my download list over in my console after[/QUOTE]

4.40 adds the ability to download to the console when you boot it up, its just not active yet.

Also, the ps3 is going to be selling for another 2-3 years at the least still, so it makes sense to freshen things up for the new owners due soon. PS4 plays 0 ps3 games and ps3 has a strong library of stuff here and in the future.

Add me to those that don't like the PSN store. They need to hire experienced UI designers from the US. When was the last time you used a good PC OS developed in the East? What about a smartphone OS?

[quote name='blitz6speed']4.40 adds the ability to download to the console when you boot it up, its just not active yet.

Also, the ps3 is going to be selling for another 2-3 years at the least still, so it makes sense to freshen things up for the new owners due soon. PS4 plays 0 ps3 games and ps3 has a strong library of stuff here and in the future.[/QUOTE]
I've got my fingers crossed that the unannounced Gaikai functionality includes streaming of PSN content. If they were to come back and say "you can stream all this stuff and it won't take up space on your brand new system." that would be awesome.

New one incoming today according to IGN

• Auto download of system software updates has been expanded to support all PSN users.
  • Auto download support of purchases made on the Web Store will be made available to all PSN users.
  • New options for trophy privacy settings allow users to set which trophies are visible.
  • Data can now be transferred from PS3 to PS Vita using wi-fi and ethernet connection.

bread's done
Back