The New eShop Thread

Ambassador Updates for Legend of Zelda and NES Golf are out, you just have to view them under your Downloads at the moment.

Yeah nice to see Wario finally fuckin coming out! Took them long enough, NoA just wanted to starve and hype us up for some of these anticipated VC titles..

Finally, creepy companion games come to the Nintendo 3DS. I know we've all been anxiously awaiting this day.

From the Sweet Memories: Blackjack description page:

"Sweet Memories Blackjack is a card game that allows you to play blackjack with a number of different girls. These Japanese high school girls are both cute and sweet additions to the poker club you've created.

"One day, an old neighbor name Kasumi enrolled at your school, after moving back to the city. Your parents are acquaintances, so she gained the approval of staying at your home during enrollment.

"You have sweet childhood memories of the time spent with her. Simply face your friend, and the memories will return. The time you spend playing blackjack together, increases the connection between the two of you, and you will find out that she is the perfect match for you."

any way to turn off the flicker in starship defense? it looks like a decent tower defense/twist but that flicker...has got to go.

Well Wario Land got, all I really wanted. As addictive as ever or is that partly due to nostalgia? Can't believe we had to wait this long for it but finally.. Shame I must work on and submit a final essay before the night's end. Safe to say I'll be missing out on sleep.

Never played Mole Mania but it looks fun. I haven't played Wario Land in over 10 years but I might get it.

Planet Crashers, though... it looks like an N64 game. Obviously graphics aren't everything, but it really looks bad.

when was the last time you looked at an n64 game?
BanjoKazooie_Oct1%2018_19_35.jpg

planet-crashers-feat.jpg

It may invite the comparison, but it doesn't look like an n64 game. To put it nicely I'd say it's stylized.

From your screenshot comparison, I'd agree even more now that it looks like an N64 game.

For one thing, the Banjo screenshot looks a lot sharper than anything running on actual N64 hardware ever looked...that screenshot is either from an emulator, or from the XBLA version.

The other screenshot looks pretty much how N64 games looked at the time, though part of that might be because the screenshot has been blown up to twice its native resolution.

[quote name='Cheapskate']From your screenshot comparison, I'd agree even more now that it looks like an N64 game.

For one thing, the Banjo screenshot looks a lot sharper than anything running on actual N64 hardware ever looked...that screenshot is either from an emulator, or from the XBLA version.

The other screenshot looks pretty much how N64 games looked at the time, though part of that might be because the screenshot has been blown up to twice its native resolution.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Definitely looks worse blown up, but I watched the trailer on the eShop and the animations, textures, etc - everything looks kinda muddy and washed out. If it got glowing reviews, then I'd probably be interested because graphics don't make or break a game for me. Obviously they don't have the budget of a retail release, but after playing some downright pretty 3DS games, it's a harder sell.

That Banjo shot is from the XBLA version. The shininess gives it away.

I beat Wario Land. Still my favorite Game Boy game. It has so much personality.

Suddenly this week they've reverted back to only doing two games. I was so certain they were doing to release those two Sonic games this week, since they're supposed to be a part of the VC summer promotion...wonder what happened there.

I need someone to help talk me into / out of spending coins on 3D Classics: Excitebike.

PRO: It was originally offered for free, but before I had a 3DS, so it would be filling that gap of free game I missed out on.

PRO: What else am I going to spend coins on? The only other games I'm interested in and have been waiting to show up as a reward are 3D Classics: Kirby's Dreamland, Metroid II, and Pushmo.

PRO: Nostalgia...I played this quite a bit as a kid in the 80s.

CON: It's a sh***y game.

Excitebike 3D is fun but you will quickly lose interest. I haven't clocked more than 3 hours on my purchased copy. Save your coins for something more exclusive. You can always purchase this later.

I don't see Pushmo as a club game. It never went on sale during the summer when nearly all the launch era eshop games did.

Metroid 2 was a gold reward so it might make it into a regular rotation.

Hell it's only 150 coins. I'm considering it. Not like we're going to get leaps and bounds better than this. You'll probably see Urban Champion again before something you actually want.

Eh, don't forget that Donkey Kong and Picross were both put up as Club Nintendo downloads, so I'm sure there'll be some solid games again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']NSMB2 is out now on the eShop for those that are interested.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's out for sure or not for everyone, (might be) I know that it showed up for sure when I changed my system clock to reflect the east coast timezone

It took me about 10-15 minutes to download it, so that was the only part of the process that was any different than most other games I've gotten from the eShop. The only issue I had is since it requires more space than most games, about 2250 blocks, I deleted all of the space that Nintendo Video took up to have the space available.

[quote name='KingBroly']How long did it take to download? Assuming someone downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

For me about 35 mins, which hearing 10-15 mins has me wondering. I have a 80-90Mb down connection.

Updated the "Coming Soon" list. Check out that Fractured Soul game...looks a little different from most eShop releases. But that price, yikes.

Still no sign of the Sonic 8-Bit Summer games.

The Pokedex 3D Update should be out tomorrow, since they're going to take it off soon for the Premium Pokedex. It will allow people to get the remaining Pokemon they need for it without much hassle.

EDIT: It's an in-game update, so you have to fire it up, go to the Menu, scroll down and hit Update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retro Pocket coming in a few weeks: apparently someone didn't realize that the only appeal of Game & Watch games are either nostalgia or historical value, and decided to create a set of brand new mini games in that style.

There's a rumor that the GBA VC releases are going to start rolling out soon. Apparently the Australian eShop or something is already getting one.

[quote name='Cheapskate']There's a rumor that the GBA VC releases are going to start rolling out soon. Apparently the Australian eShop or something is already getting one.[/QUOTE]

Fecking hope so!!!

Would love to get me hands on pokemon pinball again :D:applause:

noticed on coming soon on one site showed

the SHINING FORCE For the game gear though it does not even have a release date for japan i highly doub t it hits before 2014

that would been a day 1 buy

Pretty disappointed they aren't pumping out more VC games. They have so many great GB, GBC, and GBA games to choose from, the slow trickle of games makes me think they don't like money.

Taken from Joystiq:

Wii

Drop Zone: Under Fire (Selectsoft, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Part rail shooter, part skydiving.

3DS eShop

Crosswords Plus (Nintendo, 1 player, $29.99): Over 1000 crossword puzzles, plus additional word games.
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (Nintendo, 1 player, $29.99): Draw on your 3DS's touch screen, and take part in interactive art lessons.
Pokemon Dream Radar (Out October 7) (Nintendo, 1 player, $3.99): Find Pokemon in your immediate area with your 3DS camera, capture them, and then you can send them to Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.
Cave Story (Nicalis, 1 player, $9.99): Explore a mysterious underground environment full of monsters, friendly rabbit people, and a guy that looks like a toaster in one of the most famous indie games ever made.
Samurai G (UFO Interactive, 1 player, $1.99): Collect a tengu's gold and cut down enemies in this auto-runner.
Dr. Mario (Game Boy, 1 player, $3.99): I've got a fever, and the only cure is throwing capsules into a giant bottle.
Demo: Style Savvy Trendsetters (Nintendo, 1 player, free): Take part in "Fashion Contests."
DLC: New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 1 player, $2.50 each): Three Coin Rush packs.

DSiWare

Academy: Chess Puzzles (Gamelion, 1 player, $1.99/200 DSi Points): Solve pre-designed chess scenarios.

[quote name='Cheapskate']There's a rumor that the GBA VC releases are going to start rolling out soon. Apparently the Australian eShop or something is already getting one.[/QUOTE]

Japanese shop got one already apparently.

And Crashmo was announced. I'm so happy about that.

http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

Purchase one of five eShop games by 1/6/13 when your 3DS is linked to your Club Nintendo account and get Donkey Kong: Original Edition for free 3-4 weeks later.

The games:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 11/11
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - 10/22
Crosswords Plus - Out now
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! - Out now
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

Purchase one of five eShop games by 1/6/13 when your 3DS is linked to your Club Nintendo account and get Donkey Kong: Original Edition for free 3-4 weeks later.

The games:

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask[/QUOTE]

too bad they just could not put the code inside the game packages

have to say best 10 bucks ever blew on a download is The Denpa Men

and glad i did not buy puzzler world 12 since there is a puzzler world xl coming oct 18 for 4.99

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

The games:

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask[/QUOTE]

Man, I really want that Donkey Kong: Original Edition game but I don't really want a digital copy of Paper Mario...

I'd be all over it if it was just a code in the box like slidecage said but I think I'll have to pass unless there's some sort of deal on Paper Mario before the end of the promo (or unless I can find cheapass 3DS money).

I really don't see why people would pay for time-attack only NSMB2 levels. The in-game levels are mediocre (imho) as it is, so unless these are brilliantly designed, I don't see the draw honestly.

The second and third packs are well designed IMO. The third pack is pretty tough, while the second pack revolves around you manipulating the time limit constantly. The first pack however is completely standard NSMB2-esque level design.

Plus, some people just like DLC.

Coming Soon section now mentions a game by LEVEL 5 and SUDA51 called Liberation Maiden.

Pokedex 3D Pro is still listed in the eShop's Coming Soon section as coming October 8, which was three days ago. Not sure what the deal is.

bread's done
Back