The New eShop Thread

- Puzzler World XL (DSiWare) - $4.99

was going to jump on this day 1 until i found out its just an iphone port from 2010 ....still a very good game for 5 bucks ... if i can find a hot spot i will download it but im out of credits

I just picked up a 3DS the other week. I was browsing around the eShop and noticed that I would be charged tax on the games I buy. Is this something new or has it always been like this? I know the stores charge me tax when I buy a MS points card so I'm assuming it's the same with a Nintendo card. Anyone know why I would be charged tax twice?

[quote name='RallyV']I just picked up a 3DS the other week. I was browsing around the eShop and noticed that I would be charged tax on the games I buy. Is this something new or has it always been like this? I know the stores charge me tax when I buy a MS points card so I'm assuming it's the same with a Nintendo card. Anyone know why I would be charged tax twice?[/QUOTE]

You are not charged tax when putting money into your Nintendo account with the eShop, just upon purchase.

You were (in theory) with the Wii shop and DSi Shop, but they reversed it with the 3DS

Wow, they added full game downloads for LOZ: OOT 3D, Starfox 64 3D, SM3DL, and MK7. I might have missed something, but this is news to me. I already own all of them, but this is a good step forward for Nintendo.

[quote name='Halo05']Man, I really want that Donkey Kong: Original Edition game but I don't really want a digital copy of Paper Mario...

I'd be all over it if it was just a code in the box like slidecage said but I think I'll have to pass unless there's some sort of deal on Paper Mario before the end of the promo (or unless I can find cheapass 3DS money).[/QUOTE]

Deals like Newegg's $10-$12 off make these offers obsolete (in my opinion). So, owning a digital only version (which would cost more in these cases) gets you nothing really.

On top of that, Nintendo's games always, always hold their value. Trading in an old NSMB (DS version) gets $20+ at Gamestop (many, many years after release). So I like that Nintendo is at least trying to provide some incentives, but these will never be enough unless they come down to actual money.

In comparison, I would trade all my Vita games, if their digital counterparts would drop $10-$15 off msrp. That, I would consider fair...but we're not there yet in the console/handheld world.

[quote name='dragonjud']Deals like Newegg's $10-$12 off make these offers obsolete (in my opinion). So, owning a digital only version (which would cost more in these cases) gets you nothing really.

On top of that, Nintendo's games always, always hold their value. Trading in an old NSMB (DS version) gets $20+ at Gamestop (many, many years after release). So I like that Nintendo is at least trying to provide some incentives, but these will never be enough unless they come down to actual money.

In comparison, I would trade all my Vita games, if their digital counterparts would drop $10-$15 off msrp. That, I would consider fair...but we're not there yet in the console/handheld world.[/QUOTE]

Some interview at Nintendo had someone saying its retail MSRP because it's the same software. They fail to mention the cost of packaging, shipping, distribution, etc. There's no way bandwidth on the eShop costs the same amount. Even a $5 discount would be incentive for some people, otherwise these mostly single player offerings just seem like a rip-off to never be able to resell if you chose.

Not to mention having all your games lost if your 3DS is lost/stolen. On PSN you'd just redownload it through your account which is linked to all purchases. Until they have a comparable account system, I'm really not interested in dropping that kind of cash on digital titles.

Hey all, I think I'm going to be stepping down from updating this thread. I've decided to put the time into posting the info weekly to my blog instead. It's set up as a wiki thread so if anyone wants to take over updating it, go right ahead. And if you have any trouble finding the Coming Soon stuff, feel free to just grab the info from my weekly blog posts.

heads up the 3ds xl hates being turned on its side..

downloaded puzzler world xl today and man its a pain holding it on the side and the images are reallly bad

and those wondering the difference i think there are a few minor changes in the game from the cart in the main puzzles but the extras are

around 600 Word searches and the master modes what around 200 puzzles

Game is worth the 5 bucks cause the cart i think is still over 5 and you are getting 800 New puzzles

[quote name='Cheapskate']New eShop update is now up. Still waiting on the eShop to update for the day to add in some of the missing prices.[/QUOTE]

nothing again this freaking week?

looks like nothing for me until

NOV 22

Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link

18th GATE out today.....worth 5 bucks..... UMMMMMMMMM tempted but looks like 3 heroes

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. I thought that Nano Assault Neo was coming to the 3DS, but it looks like it will only be available for the Wii U. Is there more information on this?
Edit: I just realized that it was under a different name.

Has anyone tried Liberation Maiden? Was tempted to get it when it was under coming soon cause for some reason I assumed it'd be cheaper, but I'm not so sure at $7.99.

i hope more better dsiwere stuff hits before thanksgiving

picked up a DSI XL off best buy for 50 due to the fact i have 2 2000 pt card left

thinking about getting the games with the points and transfer them to the 3ds xl
then dumping off the DSI XL

so far with 4000 pts thinking of getting

18 GATE 500
zelda 2 500

still leaves me with 6 more games

[quote name='slidecage']nothing again this freaking week?

looks like nothing for me until

NOV 22

Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link

18th GATE out today.....worth 5 bucks..... UMMMMMMMMM tempted but looks like 3 heroes[/QUOTE]

November 22nd is also the day Crashmo comes out. A nice day I guess. It is Thanksgiving, after all.

up on Nintendo.com

NOV 7

COME ON DRAGONS FOR THE DSIWERE

another game from circle that uses an old game engine and (COME ON HEROES)

puts a different spin on it .. only 200 pts.... tempted

crap it looks like pure trash until nov 22

bread's done
Back