The New Nintendo Players Choice List

Mario Kart is $35 used at a few places...Game Crazy has it for $17.99.

Mario Party's never really lower because they are almost the same game every year. If they were to lower 4 and 5 to $30, it would hurt the sales of 6 and the upcoming 7.

[quote name='ZForce915']No first hand experience, but I've heard really good things about Rouge Squadron III[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think Rogue Squadron II is better than III. In II, you just have hot spaceship action, whereas in III, they decided to add some pretty poor on-foot levels.

[quote name='gizmogc']Mario Party's never really lower because they are almost the same game every year. If they were to lower 4 and 5 to $30, it would hurt the sales of 6 and the upcoming 7.[/QUOTE]

You could say the same thing about most sports games, though, and look at the difference in price in the old versions.

It's hard to say if it'd hurt the sales or not. On the one hand, people like us might see that the old versions were cheaper and just go with those. On the other hand, a large number of the clueless public might see a big difference in price and assume that the new version must be much better if it's selling for so much more.

[quote name='RankHypocrisy']Actually, I think Rogue Squadron II is better than III. In II, you just have hot spaceship action, whereas in III, they decided to add some pretty poor on-foot levels.[/QUOTE]

I played a demo of III and it was one of the on-foot levels. I wasn't too impressed. However, I was recently offered a used copy for $5 and decided to buy it. I hope the flying sections make it worth that price.

EDIT: Wound up trading it in to EB.

Why can't a multi-national company like Nintendo not update the game list on their website? Even if it was monthly, it would be better than the outdated Player's Choice list that's up there now.

According to the current Best Buy circular, both The Incredibles and The Spongebob Squarepants Movie have been deemed Player's Choice.

X-Men Legends is now PC

xmen3bz.jpg

For those of you that are supa cheap, baseball fans, and only own a Gamecube:

MVP Baseball 2005 is now Player's Choice

[quote name='nwaugh']For those of you that are supa cheap, baseball fans, and only own a Gamecube:

MVP Baseball 2005 is now Player's Choice[/QUOTE]
Damn... like a month too late, could have used a PriceGrabber rebate on it.

[quote name='botticus']Damn... like a month too late, could have used a PriceGrabber rebate on it.[/QUOTE]
Can't you re-request the Pricegrabber rebate? They still appear to be giving them out.

[quote name='nwaugh']Can't you re-request the Pricegrabber rebate? They still appear to be giving them out.[/QUOTE]
Nope... once you request it, that's it. If you request a rebate twice, it doesn't email it to you, so essentially you're requesting the same expired rebate.

[quote name='botticus']Nope... once you request it, that's it. If you request a rebate twice, it doesn't email it to you, so essentially you're requesting the same expired rebate.[/QUOTE]
I know this is a little ambiguous morally, but could you re-request it under a new username and use a different address and e-mail?

Ok, this is odd: the yellow gamecube graphic on the spine of MVP Baseball '05 doesn't go up as high as it does on other PC games. Are there any others that do this? Does the original black version of MVP '05 go to the normal height?

[quote name='b3b0p']Wave Race is not Player's Choice?

That is just wrong.

Anyone know where I can buy this less then $49.99?[/QUOTE]
I picked up a copy at Meijer for $25 back in June. Goes for less than $15 new on eBay these days.

[quote name='b3b0p']Can ebay for Gamecube games be trusted?

I noticed a few auctions I clicked on were located in Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]
just because GBA games have bootleg doesnt mean you have to worry about console. Yes it is save to buy Gamecube games from Hong Kong.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I found Wave Race for $10 at Wal-mart, might wanna check around to see if a similar situation might pop up.[/QUOTE]

Can you get me a copy? I'll pay or trade you reasonably? How does $15 shipped sound?

I still don't like buying from Hong Kong and eBay lately. How do you know the Gamecube is not as easy to make bootlegs for as GBA carts are in Honk Kong? Proof?

I'll stick to stateside sales.

[quote name='b3b0p']Can you get me a copy? I'll pay or trade you reasonably? How does $15 shipped sound?

I still don't like buying from Hong Kong and eBay lately. How do you know the Gamecube is not as easy to make bootlegs for as GBA carts are in Honk Kong? Proof?

I'll stick to stateside sales.[/QUOTE]
becasue there is no way to play bootleg gamcube games without a mod system. Even Free loader wont work. If you can get it to work on it is not a bootleg. Hong Kong get their supply of games from US and Japan, and often cheaper than either places.

Also if you look around you will find that gamecube disc backup is a lot trickier than PS2 or Xbox.

[quote name='b3b0p']Wave Race is not Player's Choice?

That is just wrong.

Anyone know where I can buy this less then $49.99?[/QUOTE]

I got mine a couple years ago for $4.99 at the CC sale, but most places around here have it between 8-12 used (EB, GS, GC)

yeah, the main list hasn't been updated in a long time...

has anyone mentioned the incredibles? it's PC now. saw it at frys this past weekend with the yellow banner.

[quote name='DocRamon']yeah, the main list hasn't been updated in a long time...

has anyone mentioned the incredibles? it's PC now. saw it at frys this past weekend with the yellow banner.[/QUOTE]

I saw that at Target the other day... do you know if it's any good? I'm always wary of movie promo games. They tend to suck eggs with few exceptions.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Looks like Star Fox: Assault is going to hit player's choice near the end of April'06. Check out the info on Best Buy's site.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02131&id=1096380614593

and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords as well:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02374&id=1081512551572[/QUOTE]
Hopefully not, since I finally broke down and bought Starfox Assault for $25 at Sears a month ago. Ah well. Better than spending $50.

Starfox is the only one I don't have on this new list. Everything I've read has been pretty disparaging. Is it worth $20?

[quote name='video_gamer324']Paper Mario: TTYD, Pikmin 2, Starfox Assault, and Zelda: FS are all PC titles now (check out nintendo.com for verification).[/QUOTE]

I got an email about this from Nintendo as well. Updated these four games.

I wanted to mention that the Player's Choice list on the Nintendo.com site is not complete.

There are many omissions, but there are a couple from the PC list in this thread that I don't believe exist in Player's Choice format.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see a picture. Not a stock photo or a pic from an ad; an actual pic of the real deal.

Anyway, I don't believe that ANY Batman title exists in Player's Choice format.

I don't believe that NBA Street exists in Player's Choice format.

SSX Tricky does not exist in PC format.

Def Jam Vendetta does exist in PC format.
Mega Man Anniversary Collection does exist in PC format.
Need for Speed: Underground 2 does exist in PC format.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail does exist in PC format.
Tak & the Power of Juju does exist in PC format.
WarioWare, Inc. does exist in PC format.

I'm almost positive that Midway Arcade Treasures exists in PC format.

Steve

[quote name='ddp72984']youre right on the nfsu 2, djv, spyro and mat 1 (i've seen them) but where did u see megaman under pc?[/quote]

I thought I was right on the midway 1 PC - saw it at a GameCrazy.

As for the Megaman Anniversary PC - my Target has them, and the circle logo with the "10 Games In One" logo is gone. So, it looks like the original release with Dr. Wily.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']I wanted to mention that the Player's Choice list on the Nintendo.com site is not complete.

There are many omissions, but there are a couple from the PC list in this thread that I don't believe exist in Player's Choice format.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see a picture. Not a stock photo or a pic from an ad; an actual pic of the real deal.

Anyway, I don't believe that ANY Batman title exists in Player's Choice format.

I don't believe that NBA Street exists in Player's Choice format.

SSX Tricky does not exist in PC format.

Def Jam Vendetta does exist in PC format.
Mega Man Anniversary Collection does exist in PC format.
Need for Speed: Underground 2 does exist in PC format.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail does exist in PC format.
Tak & the Power of Juju does exist in PC format.
WarioWare, Inc. does exist in PC format.

I'm almost positive that Midway Arcade Treasures exists in PC format.

Steve[/quote]

NBA Street Vol.2 DEFINTELY exists as Player's Choice.

Batman Begins DEFINITELY exists as Player's Choice.

I didn't buy those games, but I've seem them in multiple stores here in Canada.

Strange, Zelda Four Swords is player's choice but not all of them include the GBA to GCN link cable. I've never seen something like this before, I know that the ones with the cable are old releases that ended up with a sticker saying player's choice. I wonder if there are any actual player's choice copies that come in the paper box with the player's choice banner instead of sticker?

I saw this at Fry's Electronics (DFW) Saturday and I could not believe my eyes but Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is PC!!!! I can't believe that many people actually bought that game!

Oh, I also saw THUG 2 as PC as well.

Was at Best Buy last night and saw Lego Star Wars with the PC banner printed on, not one of those PC stickers over the shrinkwrap.

I dont have a link to th confirmation article, but I am reading that
Naruto: Clash of Ninja is now Players Choice.

I called local Gamestops and EBgames in Tonawanda NY and they confirm that it is now $19.99

I did not see any post this information yet.

Apparently, the newest Nintendo Power states the following in reference to Player's Choice:

For Gamecube on October 9th:
Super Mario Strikers - 29.99
Mario Supertar Baseball - 29.99
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - 29.99

If true, I'll be in line for Super Mario Strikers.

[quote name='b3b0p']I did not see any post this information yet.

Apparently, the newest Nintendo Power states the following in reference to Player's Choice:

For Gamecube on October 9th:
Super Mario Strikers - 29.99
Mario Supertar Baseball - 29.99
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - 29.99

If true, I'll be in line for Super Mario Strikers.[/quote]
I can kinda understand the Mario games staying at $30 for now, a la SSBM, but Pokemon? I don't want that one, but hopefully it's not gonna mean all their first-party PC titles are going to be above $20. Seems a little late in the console's lifespan to charge more for games.

bread's done
Back