The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
***All activity here has been moved to the social group: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=451

It's open to anyone, as long as you are a CAG that is signed in. Hopefully this will cut down on the lurker issue.***

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
  • PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

[quote name='CheapyD']
Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.
[/quote]

[quote name='moukamla']

$5 off $50: Comes with almost every purchase from Play-Asia, together with the goods in the form of a piece of paper.

$8 off $50: Emailed to you from Play-Asia during festive seasons (e.g. this holiday season)

$12 off $100: Same as $8 off $50 coupon

$10 off $100: Given away as a promotion by StrikeBang.com. But the promotion has ended.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 off $50

BL-SBW-RMQ

Let us know when you use it so I can cross it off if possible! Or if not, at least someone will see it's used mayhap. :)

since I took a coupon a couple weeks ago, it's time to leave one for some coupon karma :)

$5 off $50
DO-SKU-UQK
expires March 6, 2009

please post if you use

thanks!

Hi, if anyone has any coupon to spare, I'd appreciate one. Looking to make purchases over $100. Thanks much for any help! :)

Hi all, sharing my first coupon code here as well.

CODE: SH-RVE-SDB
AMOUNT: $5.00 off $50.00
EXPIRES: Feb. 27, 2009

Please post when this code has been used. :)

[quote name='magneto']Heyas, thanks for the share george93! =][/quote]

No problem. :) Glad to be able to give something back to a community as great as this one.

Could someone please send me a coupon? I'll use your affiliate link if you want me too (trying to preorder AC:C but it's so expensive!)
Thank you

[quote name='ZackFair123']Could someone please send me a coupon? I'll use your affiliate link if you want me too (trying to preorder AC:C but it's so expensive!)
Thank you

[quote name='sp00ge']Just to make sure the newbies understand (since some seem to have ignored Post #1). Anyone sharing codes here or via PM that request the recepient use their personal link can and will be banned from CheapAssGamer.com. It's already happened to countless others.

On a similar note, I'm thinking of changing things up a bit in this thread. I'm considering keeping a database of codes that users can PM to me, and I can distribute via PM upon request. I will keep a running tally in the OP of who gave, how many were given and what kind.

I'll revise the OP if/when this change goes into effect. Until then, keep spreading the love![/quote]

Ah sorry I didn't see the first post cause I was a guest before which meant I couldn't see it and so I just went ahead and posted straight after I registered, I was just offering to help out whoever helped me out, sorry for making myself appear so ignorant :cry:

[quote name='ZackFair123']Ah sorry I didn't see the first post cause I was a guest before which meant I couldn't see it and so I just went ahead and posted straight after I registered, I was just offering to help out whoever helped me out, sorry for making myself appear so ignorant :cry:[/quote]

No worries. ;) It wasn't meant directly towards you, as you were just asking for a coupon. Just meant to remind people that if they do PM codes, the same guidelines apply. And yes, people have been caught sharing their link via PM.

[quote name='sp00ge']No worries. ;) It wasn't meant directly towards you, as you were just asking for a coupon. Just meant to remind people that if they do PM codes, the same guidelines apply. And yes, people have been caught sharing their link via PM.[/quote]

So, you guys check all of our PM's basically? :\

[quote name='BarryC']So, you guys check all of our PM's basically? :\[/quote]

Nope, we don't have the ability to do that. Some people will report the person, forwarding the PM to me. More of a prison snitch system, instead of a big brother system.

[quote name='sp00ge']On a similar note, I'm thinking of changing things up a bit in this thread. I'm considering keeping a database of codes that users can PM to me, and I can distribute via PM upon request.[/quote]

Sounds like it might be a good idea. It can be hard to get a working code sometimes, and it's always a little tough to find out when codes one posts are used so that they can be crossed out.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So I guess it's not unusual for me to have posted my coupon 4 days ago and for it to have been forgotten/overlooked?[/quote]

No, honestly, I think they all get used. Whenever I need one, I start at the bottom and just keep trying them until one works. Sometimes I get way back into expired ones before I give up. I think they normally get used almost as soon as their posted. I'm not sure, though. A new system probably would be best.

And on that note...

Code used
$5 off $50

Here are two $5 off $50 if anyone has a use for them.

WP-UDI-JSN
Expires : January 29

LN-GKV-PAF
Expires : February 2

[quote name='gunm']Ryu ga Gotoku 3 ordered. Thanks! :)[/quote]

Hey, glad I could help you get something so awesome! Have you played the one set in feudal Japan? I really want English versions of both. My Japanese can't keep up. :(

Here's another code for someone.

PN-FGE-JVN
$5 off $50
exp 12 March 2009

[quote name='fathamburger']Here's another one

DL-XME-NKC

$5 off $50, exp. 6/March/2009[/quote]

just used it. Thanks!

I was cleaning out my email inbox today and noticed a couple unused holiday coupon codes. They're *technically* expired, but the last coupon code I used was "expired" and worked just fine, so hopefully whoever redeems these will have the same luck! :)

$8 off $50:
CE-RTB-MDR

$12 off $100:
YJ-CQU-DPV

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back