The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

Browns and Vikes swapped picks (MN also gets three other draft picks from Cleveland).

@Adam Schefter
Vikings got the Browns picks in rounds 1, 4, 5, 7. Cleveland gets the No. 3 overall pick.

[quote name='SEH']Browns and Vikes swapped picks (MN also gets three other draft picks from Cleveland).[/QUOTE]

Why?

Cleveland definitely gave up WAY too much. The Vikes weren't going to draft Richardson, that means the Browns were apparently shitting themselves in fear of someone else moving up. I didn't really see that happening, I guess they did. Great move for Minnesota though as they'll still get their guy.

Not sure how much truth the rumor about tampa wanting richardosn was, but I am pretty sure the vikings was playing them a little. Tampa if they were trying to get him, I am sure they were going to give up quite a bit. I think the rumor was bullshit personally.

Anybody else hear Chris Berman screaming at the top of his lungs when they went to the intro video for the draft? I know he like to overdo it at times, but that topped everything else he's done.

RG3 goes to the Redskins as expected. Shouldn't the NFL be fitting these players for hats so you don't see somebody set it on top of their head because it doesn't fit?

Cleveland picks Trent Richardson with the third pick. I'm hoping that Kendall Wright is still around with that 22nd pick.

Robert Griffin III already passed the Jim Zorn test with the maroon and gold socks.

Edit: Again, there's another player whose hat doesn't fit him.

WTF were the Browns thinking? I can only assume the Vikings called them and said X team wants our pick and you need to better if you want Richardson. Just seems bizarre.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cleveland picks Trent Richardson with the third pick. I'm hoping that Kendall Wright is still around with that 22nd pick.

Robert Griffin III already passed the Jim Zorn test with the maroon and gold socks.

Edit: Again, there's another player whose hat doesn't fit him.[/QUOTE]

Those guys also had dreads\longer hair so it makes hats fit oddly.

[quote name='Superstar']Those guys also had dreads\longer hair so it makes hats fit oddly.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure the NFL could've had larger sizes of any of these hats just in case the player picked needs it.

Edit: Minnesota picks Matt Kalil.

Jacksonville made a trade with Tampa Bay to move up to the 5th pick. They gave up a 4th round pick along with their 7th pick for that spot, so they're probably going to take Justin Blackmon.

Edit: And they've confirmed it.

Dallas traded up to the 6th spot and gave up their 14th pick and their 2nd round pick (#45), which is assumed to be for Morris Claiborne.

Edit: It's been confirmed. I'm assuming that these are Giants fans cheering "Dallas sucks" after that pick was announced.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Dallas traded up to the 6th spot and gave up their 14th pick and their 2nd round pick (#45), which is assumed to be for Morris Claiborne.

Edit: It's been confirmed. I'm assuming that these are Giants fans cheering "Dallas sucks" after that pick was announced.[/QUOTE]

I hope this kid was worth the pick. That defense was fucking terrible so I can't fault Jerry for moving up and picking a corner.

Mark Barron is Tampa's pick at #7.

Edit: Hit hat magically fit over his dreads, which shows that the NFL messed up earlier with RG3 and Trent Richardson.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did I just hear a "What?" chant?[/QUOTE]
At least they stopped earlier than WWE crowds do.

Edit: And Miami has taken the bait on Ryan Tannehill.

[quote name='JJSP']I will never understand you, Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'm not too down on the Richardson pick since I said a few months ago on here that I thought it would be a good pick. I don't think it matters with the Browns' luck honestly. No matter who they pick they'll probably have a terrible draft. :) Though the last few years haven't been too bad I guess.

I'm expecting receiver is the next pick, then on to right tackle and secondary. We're still hurting at linebacker, but I guess they can only do so much in one year.

Philly traded with Seattle to get the 12th pick for their #15 pick, a 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick.

They've taken DT Fletcher Cox.

Edit: Arizona has picked Michael Floyd.

[quote name='JJSP']I will never understand you, Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Browns basically traded 3 bench warmers for a guarentee for Richardson.

If you think about it, its not a horrible trade. Yeah the Vikings are clearly the winner but sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

The Browns had multiple picks from the fourth round on, so they had plenty of picks to trade if they need to move up while still having the compensatory picks that are not able to be traded.

Edit: St. Louis took Michael Brockers from LSU, so they pass on getting help for Bradford right away.

Edit 2: Seattle makes the first WTF move by taking Bruce Irvin with their first pick.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a run on offensive linemen since most of the mock drafts I've seen have had a few go by now.

Edit: The Jets have taken Quinton Coples to a sea of boos.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Edit 2: Seattle makes the first WTF move by taking Bruce Irvin with their first pick.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I'm a huge WVU fan, but don't see Irvin as being worth a mid 1st round pick.

Cincy takes Dre Kirkpatrick out of Alabama.

Edit: San Diego picks Melvin Ingram out of South Carolina.

Edit 2: Chicago picks Shea McClellin from Boise State to the sound of absolute silence.

Edit 3: New England traded up to the 21st pick for the first time in their history and are expected to take DE Chandler Jones.

Kendall Wright should fall right into Cleveland's lap if they want him, though Riley Reiff is also there to fill in the RT spot.

Edit 4: Wow, Kendall Wright is sniped by Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:
New England has taken Chandler Jones from Syracuse. They gave up the 27th pick and a third-rounder for this pick.

Edit: fuck. The Browns took Brandon Weeden with the 22nd pick.

Detroit takes Riley Reiff from Iowa.

Edit: Pittsburgh takes David DeCastro from Stanford.

Edit: New England's traded up again to take Dont'a Hightower from Alabama at #25.

[quote name='QiG']Annnnnd the Browns blew it... fuckin Weeden at 22...[/QUOTE]

They just shit the bed!!!

Cincinnati takes Kevin Zeitler from Wisconsin.

Edit: Green Bat picks Nick Perry out of USC.

Edit 2: Minnesota traded up to the 29th pick and gave Baltimore their 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick in return. They took Harrison Smith from Notre Dame.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The latest WTF pick is WR AJ Jenkins from Illinois to San Francisco.[/QUOTE]

Most people said we'd take a WR. Not a crazy high jump, they might have been able to trade down, definitely wouldnt have been there for our 2nd round pick.

They could've traded down to get him since Tampa was looking to move up.

Tampa Bay traded up to take Doug Martin from Boise State with the 31st pick.

I'm watching the press conference with Tom Heckert and Pay Shurmur and it sounds like Weeden's going to be the starter unless something happens to him in camp/pre-season.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm watching the press conference with Tom Heckert and Pay Shurmur and it sounds like Weeden's going to be the starter unless something happens to him in camp/pre-season.[/QUOTE]

Pathetic!!

bread's done
Back