The Ninth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Georgetown Destroyed All Of Our Brackets

Going through and matching brackets to CAGs, but there are two that are going to be kicked for not being linkable to a CAG account.

Bracket Names:
My World-Class Bracket
Nate's Bracket

Make sure that you're posting here if your bracket name isn't your CAG name.

Kicked out one more bracket that I overlooked, so we should be good now. We've only got three brackets this year that have no picks made. Feel free to make fun of them.

I finally figured out where TruTV is on my cable, which seems to be a yearly thing for me.

Everyone wins the first game, except for "Most Likely Will Lose". who apparently thought the College of Bob was going to beat Michigan State. Way to live up to your bracket name. :)

I notice there are only 8 people who took Gonzaga as the Champ. My guess is those who picked them are from Washington or have WA background. Go ZAGS!!!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm glad I have them losing in this round. ;)[/QUOTE]

I flipped a coin five times and it came up Pitt three times. My gut was even telling me to not trust Pitt. I reluctantly took them to win one game. :wall:

I guess the NCAA heads told these refs it was time for the first upset because some of these fouls on Marquette are ridiculous.

edit - Holy crap. That finish was amazing.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']ahhh, I had Davidson over Marquette. WHY!?

Zags are kind of in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Look how close we were to picking an upset though ;)

Yes, Zags are looking pretty meh so far.

Go John Deere U!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm I think someone forgot to tell the Zags they are a 1 seed. Most of the country thinks you don't deserve a one seed and you PLAY LIKE THIS?!??!

Oregon's playing like they've got a chip on their shoulders.

It's too bad that Pitt couldn't win so that we could have the ultimate match-up of teams that choke a lot earlier (Pitt/Gonzaga) than they're supposed to.

Well crap. Southern couldn't quite get it done at the end. That really would have helped me out since I had Pitt beating the Zags next round anyway.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm torn on this Gonzaga/Southern game. As much as I'd love to see a 1 finally go down to a 16, I'm feeling really good about my bracket this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - You went with the safe pick of taking Indiana as the champ unlike me. Gonzaga all the way!!!

Until you lose a team you predicted deep in the tourney you're not out of the running. Even then you might have a shot. I believe the year I got third I had three of the final four correct.

Louisville showing how a 1 SEED is supposed to play.

Wolverines are in control.

Wildcats starting to pull away from Belmont.

UNLV vs CAL is gonna probably go down to the buzzer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there must be some dirty Vegas money on UNLV. Those refs are calling everything on Cal and letting muggings go by UNLV. That game shouldn't be nearly that close.

Wow - finally, first free throw for Cal with 2 1/2 minutes left.

The announcers are stellar (sarcasm) in that they keep commenting on the booing by the so-called "partisan" crowd. But I really doubt it is heavily Cal-oriented. Most NCAA tourney sites aren't that heavily populated by nearby teams and especially one like Cal where the team hasn't been all that exciting this year. The crowd is booing because the calls are bad (and they are seeing the same replays we are).

Oh, man, I am too old for this shit... Phew - big relief though. I loved the UNLV coach complaining about not getting that foul with 6 seconds left (when the clock ran down to 1.5). Why should you get it? The refs weren't calling fouls on you all game long so it was hard for them to switch gears :lol:.

FWIW, I have Cal going to the Sweet Sixteen. I don't expect them to win the next game, but at least it will be worth watching now.

4 Syracuse probally take them out but would not shock me to see montana get in and cali roll to the sweet 16

woo still tied for first

dude you just got slidecaged :)

11 of 16 here too but I had New Mexico winning it all. Booo. Not done yet though. Still got my school, San Diego State, to root for.

bread's done
Back