The Off Topic Topic About Off Topic Topics - AKA: The OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dcfox']Metroid Pinball was the most I ever played a pinball game.

I've really cooled off on playing my DS. I guess I just need one really good game to drag me back in. Phantom Hourglass might be it but for some reason I'm hesistant to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Touchscreen movement? I know that's why I personally don't care for it.

I'm watching "And the Band Played ON" on the Gay channel, which is a classic movie. But the Gay channel is making me feel dirty. I'm watching this greta serious movie. ANd the commercials inbetween are filled with male enhancement clips and two gay guys arguing about a show called Alien Butt Camp. Also they have a show where legos perform various shows of gay sex.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I rented Call of Jaurez, that's why its on my gamertag. I played it for a total of about 20 minutes, it was complete and total garbage. I could just tell it would have been a chore to play through it.[/QUOTE]
Yep.

I can't believe I punished myself with it.

I don't even like S&M.

Morning OTT.

I want Portal now, just for that damn Still Alive song. Can't get that fucking thing out of my head.

And yes, while not bad, the Doors are over-rated. Pixie is a huge fan, so I bite my tongue. She has her McFarlane Jim Morrison fiugre next to my Alice Cooper one. (If they were unboxed, they'd be fingercuffing her Janis Joplin one.)

At least she doesn't buy into the idea that Morrison was a wonderful poet like a friend of mine...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Also they have a show where legos perform various shows of gay sex.[/quote]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3gyN4k3zXo[/MEDIA]

The show is actually pretty damn funny

Morning OTT.

No TRU for me, I don't think. I'd like to get RE4 Wii, Drawn To Life... and that's about it. I've owned or own just about every good DS game there is, and there isn't much I want for PSP or Wii.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']After getting rid of the Wii and games, I've got $330 store credit at Gamestop. If I got rid of the DS and all the games I have for it, I would probably start to knock on the door of $500 credit, that'd be enough for a triple... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE] So much fail for one man. It's kind of impressive.
[quote name='PlumeNoir']Morning OTT.

I want Portal now, just for that damn Still Alive song. Can't get that fucking thing out of my head.

And yes, while not bad, the Doors are over-rated. Pixie is a huge fan, so I bite my tongue. She has her McFarlane Jim Morrison fiugre next to my Alice Cooper one. (If they were unboxed, they'd be fingercuffing her Janis Joplin one.)

At least she doesn't buy into the idea that Morrison was a wonderful poet like a friend of mine...[/QUOTE] The Doors may be over-rated, but they were still very good.

Much better than Alice Cooper, anyway.

Reminds me of my aunt who can't stand The Doors and yet was a KISS fan back in the day. :roll:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So much fail for one man. It's kind of impressive.[/QUOTE]
You know it would be one thing if I actually played the Wii or the DS, but I just plain don't. They sit there, on the shelf collecting dust. I only even bought the DS (the 3rd one I've owned) because the girlfriend talked me into it cause she was buying one. Sure we played ours together for about 1 month after we got them but now it just sits there.

With a 42" 720p Plasma TV, its built for the 360 and the PS3, not the Wii. 75% of the reason I want a PS3 is because of the blu-ray player. The other reason is that I know I'll probably eventually buy a PS3 anyway so I might as well get a 60gb while I can still get upscaling backward compatability goodness.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So much fail for one man. It's kind of impressive.
The Doors may be over-rated, but they were still very good.

Reminds me of my aunt who can't stand The Doors and yet was a KISS fan back in the day. :roll:[/quote]

Wrong. The Doors are quite possibly the most overrated "classic" rock band on the planet. At least Alice Cooper influenced Mason and had a few decent songs to his credit.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So much fail for one man. It's kind of impressive.
The Doors may be over-rated, but they were still very good.

Reminds me of my aunt who can't stand The Doors and yet was a KISS fan back in the day. :roll:[/quote]

You know ALice and Jim were good friends and drinking buddies, right? In fact, Alice wrote Desperado about Jim.

Speaking of bad music taste. That Still ALive song from Portal? It's on my iPod. So now, there is something besides the Z.O.E. theme and the Katamari songs to make my co-workers wonder about me.

I could get GH2 80s. :whistle2:k

I need that game, but $50 is way too much.

Ah, hell, I don't need to be buying games anyway.

[quote name='Rocko']I could get GH2 80s. :whistle2:k

I need that game, but $50 is way too much.

Ah, hell, I don't need to be buying games anyway.[/quote]

Goozex. THats where my GH80's went when i finished it in 2 hours or whatever it was

Never used Goozex. Don't have anything to trade anyway. Traded in/sold all of the shit I want to be rid of except some shitty PS2 games that I'll never get rid of.

[quote name='Rocko']Are any of the posts by that douchebag thegarageband worth reading, ever?[/quote]

Yes. Everytime I read one of his posts I feel better about myself for not being him.

Guess I'll try Goozex.

I doubt anyone will want the games I have, though, since I've rid myself of all decent games. :lol:

Tonight. Watching eagles now. Then going to hit the gym. Then watch the second half of the dallas/New England game.

A game which I hereby predict will be low scoring. Rule of opposites is that when two ultra high powered offenses meet the defense takes over in the big game.

[quote name='Dkellar']I have yet to play any of the Halo games.[/quote]

I'm not far behind you -- I've played some Halo 2 multiplayer. It seemed ok and all, but I didn't think it was a system seller (apparently it is/was). :D

[quote name='RedvsBlue']After getting rid of the Wii and games, I've got $330 store credit at Gamestop. If I got rid of the DS and all the games I have for it, I would probably start to knock on the door of $500 credit, that'd be enough for a triple... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Not interested in the 40GB?

As for the DS?

I'm done with it...it really can't keep my attention. I gave it to my little sister.

For some reason, I had/have no desire to play Zelda: PH.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The truth is multi in halo 3 is okay. Not great, okay. But console players aren't use to quality multi like on the PC.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's it. :roll:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Tonight. Watching eagles now. Then going to hit the gym. Then watch the second half of the dallas/New England game.

A game which I hereby predict will be low scoring. Rule of opposites is that when two ultra high powered offenses meet the defense takes over in the big game.[/QUOTE]

Pats better win. Or else.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, that's it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I stand by my statement. :p

There are tons of console players out there who jhave never played a game other than solitare and mindsweeper on a PC. I wonder if anyone has done a study to see how much of a percentage they make up.

[quote name='Liquid 2']fuck yeah! Wlmart PMs with CC and has plenty of Orange Boxes for the PC in stock. :D
Now I've just got to get Steam working...[/QUOTE]

Make sure to dign up for the CAg team. I missed their practice but joined right after. Played with Apossum and some others.

And if I may say, I was one of the keys to victory. :) After I joined we just rolled on them in Well and I think the next map was 2fort.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Make sure to dign up for the CAg team. I missed their practice but joined right after. Played with Apossum and some others.

And if I may say, I was one of the keys to victory. :) After I joined we just rolled on them in Well and I think the next map was 2fort.[/QUOTE]
Hellz yea.

I can't get Steam to connect to the intertubes. :cry:

I think I might have inadvertently closed some ports that needed to be open when I set up my 360 for media streaming.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Pats better win. Or else.[/quote]

fuck the pats.

as much as i hate tony romo and the cowboys, i hate tom brady, cheating belichick, and the patsies more than anyone else in sports (except maybe the yankees).

I'm getting some random ass error on my PS3 when I try to use the browser -- i enter an address and it says "not enough memory"... wonder if that's due to the fucking massive thing it was folding...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm getting some random ass error on my PS3 when I try to use the browser -- i enter an address and it says "not enough memory"... wonder if that's due to the fucking massive thing it was folding...[/quote]

I get that all the time when browsing with my PSP.

what the fuck is up with the Jets uniforms? I actually kind of like them.

Apparently they're AFL NY Titans uniforms... Remind me a bit of one of the Michigan teams...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I stand by my statement. :p

There are tons of console players out there who jhave never played a game other than solitare and mindsweeper on a PC. I wonder if anyone has done a study to see how much of a percentage they make up.[/QUOTE]
Probably because PC gaming is shitty and expensive.

You get to spend $1,000 just so a game looks decent, and the only genre is FPS...and all the FPSs suck on PC because you just use a mouse to point and click on a guy's head. Very fun. :roll:

[quote name='Liquid 2']fuck yeah! Wlmart PMs with CC and has plenty of Orange Boxes for the PC in stock. :D
Now I've just got to get Steam working...[/QUOTE]
Weak. Should have picked it up for three shitty.

[quote name='zewone']Weak. Should have picked it up for three shitty.[/QUOTE]Eh, normally I would have, but H-L/source shooters just don't feel right on console to me.
That, and I own almost every single other Valve game on the PC through Steam already, so I want to keep them all together.

Playing it on the PC also opens up the door to a limitless number of new maps and game play mods, like CS:S has, making it much more replayable.

Problem is, I'm fucked if I can't get Steam online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back