The Offical Bioshock thread *It's OUT! Post your Specs and tell how it runs!*

[quote name='Dezuria']I really wanna get BioShock, but the 5 install limit on one PC worries me. Is it true that uninstalling first lets you reinstall without using up your install limit?

I mean, if you truly couldn't install a game more than 5 times ever, that's kinda like making a DVD stop working after watching it 5 times. :([/quote]

Buy it off Steam and you can download it a billion times.

I think the Steam version still has the Securom stuff. Pretty sure, at least.

Either way, I think Steam is probably even more obnoxious....

[quote name='dtarasev']So no one here has a X800 or X850 card? Damn. I got one and they do not support SM3.0 while cards like the 6600 do. And Bioshock supports only that. I buy the game and the damn thing does not work at all.

http://www.petitiononline.com/BioShock/petition.html

There have been some fixes online but they are still in the works.

You guys are all lucky.[/QUOTE]
I have an X850 pro and I was thinking about dling the demo to see how well it works. Guess there isn't a point. I bought it for 360 anyways. Maybe I'll get it for PC next year if I get a new pc once it's dirt cheap and has some mods. My friend with a 9800 pro is going to be pissed, though.

Anyone else disappointed with the ending? Incredible game but I feel like maybe I should sell it while it still has value. :) I don't see myself playing it over and over again since it's just singleplayer.

[quote name='Drico']Anyone else disappointed with the ending? Incredible game but I feel like maybe I should sell it while it still has value. :) I don't see myself playing it over and over again since it's just singleplayer.[/quote]

I saved all of the little sisters and enjoyed the 'good' ending. If you mean the fight with Fontaine, though, I thought it was a huge disappointment. It felt completely out of place.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the game from start to finish.

My specs are in my sig. I averaged around 55fps at 1440x900 maxed with forced AA.

OK, my setup is a TripleHead2Go using three 22" widescreen 1680x1050 Chimei 5ms response time monitors.

I'm using Racer_S's FOV Hack for Bioshock. Width FOV = 0.2, Height FOV = 0.18. (These settings are weird because my monitors stretch the Triple Head 2 Go image a little, but this awesome mod allows me to shrink a little extra to counter the effect).

My comp specs: AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1024 MB DDR-SDRAM, GeForce 7800GS AGP.

The first screenshot shows my graphics setting in the game.

Framerate is low but I find it very playable? If I put it in 2400x600 with all settings on, smoother but looks much worse.

In-game screenshots:

(this image hoster isn't good, it's shrinking them down, I'll look for something else)

Does Bioshock use the Unreal engine? Whenever I run the demo, my CPU is at 100%. Same with MoH: Airborne demo, which uses Unreal. I'm trying to find a common ground between the two, what might be causing my CPU to run at 100%.

Can't play either demo because the game completely staggers and pauses intermittently.

There are no other cpu intensive apps running either, just standard windows processes.

Tried Dungeon Siege 2 and CPU usage hovers around 5-20%.

Seems there are a lot of problems with the PC version of the game. Guess I will wait for a patch or get it on 360 when I get a 360, which ever comes first. I don't really want to own two versions of the game though.

We'll see. I bought Bioshock but I haven't had a chance to instell it yet. I'll probably pass on installing it on my current computer as I've finished purchasing all the parts for my new computer and will be putting it together this weekend as long as everything arrives by then.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

MSI P35 Platinum LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC22G8500ELK

2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

8800GTS 320mb

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply

2x LG 20X DVD±R Super Multi DVD Burner Black ATAPI / E-IDE Model GSA-H55NK

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP

I think it will run fairly well.

[quote name='n25philly']

SYSTEM SPECS

I think it will run fairly well.[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the understatement of the year.

[quote name='munch']Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the understatement of the year.[/QUOTE]

No joke, that floppy drive is going to put him pretty far out there.

[quote name='red flare graf']No joke, that floppy drive is going to put him pretty far out there.[/QUOTE]

70% boost minimum

Yet another PC problem discovered:
Bioshock.exe disappearing act.

If you use AVG anti-virus, it flags Bioshock.exe as a virus.
I found this out when I clicked on my Bioshock shortout but it (Bioshock.exe) was gone. My antivirus autoruns every night and apparently it detected Bioshock.exe as a virus and put it in "the vault".
I had to unintalled/reinstalled the game twice, before I realized the disappearance was caused by my antivirus.

To avoid this problem you can shutdown your AVG anti-virus, or set it to prompt for your action when virus is detected and click ignore.

Besides that Bioshock runs great (1280×1024 max settings vsync=off) 30-40 fps.
Athlon 64 X2 3800 (OC to 2.6 ghz)
ATI x1950xt 256
2 gig Corsair pc3200 ram
250 gig samsung 7200rpm
WinXP Pro SP2

bread's done
Back