The Office - Season 6 - Discussion [possible spoilers]

Yea, I agree, Parks and Recreation is getting better. I really hope they cancel that SNL news week thing though.

[quote name='help1']Yea, I agree, Parks and Recreation is getting better. I really hope they cancel that SNL news week thing though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should bring back Arrested Development and put it in that spot. Thursdays would be very awesome!

[quote name='Trakan']Arrested Development was Fox.[/QUOTE]

Fox is currently showing re-runs of The Office so who knows, maybe a NBC run of Arrested Development could be possible.

I still think Michael accepted the promotion and they will cut Jim....he's lied the past two episodes....wouldn't put it past him.

Would be a helluva season if they did that.

Was that chick in the black dress Anna Camp? She was like pam's cousin or something.
Anna Camp was the wife of fellowship of the sun guy from True Blood.

just watching it now and was wondering.

edit - nevermind quick google search says she was. good to see her on another tv show.

Episode was great. Dwight, Andy, and Kevin were hilarious in everything they did. Parts were predictable - Michael hooking up with Pam's mom, Meemaw coming to the wedding despite her objections - and the last few minutes were all warm schmoozy coziness, but I still thought it was some great classic Office flair.

Creed eating noodles in the midst of a great Chuck-from-Goonies-inspired pukefest? Holy damn.

Yet, despite all that...

Parks and Recreation fuckin' OWNED tonight. In half the time, even!

Best episode(s) of the new season. I like it when Dwight has ideas dumb enough that Michael can shoot down.

That episode was kind ofa letdown, but there were some highlights, such as Dwight rocking the "Three Wolves" t-shirt, Dwight kicking Pam's sister in the face, and Stanley's dancing.

The last part was eh.....but I like how Dwight is made out to be this hardcore man who somehow gets the women and just moves on like it was nothing....typically going after the "good girl"

[quote name='botticus']Really? I thought this was one of the funnier episodes.[/QUOTE]
Well, most of it just seemed like the writers wanted to ensure a suspenseful episode. I thought it'd be nice to have an episode that isn't fucked up for no reason.
Jim's slip with the toast could have been so easily saved - Pam doesn't like to drink much because she gets wasted easily/Pam acts like she drinks an alcoholic beverage, but it's really _____/Pam feels a little woozy already and thinks alcohol might make it worse/Pam acts like she drinks it, but keeps her mouth closed etc.

Ending was nice, and some of the Office style fuck ups were good.

That youtube parody managed to ruin that entire episode to me, and it makes me wonder how these great writers and producers approved it.

Most comedic writing, especially for The Office, should be treated as though the show were timeless. References here and there are fine, but the writers shouldn't anchor an entire scene, especially a scene the whole show has been working towards, on a fly by the moment youtube parody. It seemed a cop-out, a Family Guy cop-out where strictly parodying a internet meme or youtube hit makes the Date Movie, Epic Movie laugh at their own recognition of pop culture.

[quote name='Doomed']
Jim's slip with the toast could have been so easily saved - Pam doesn't like to drink much because she gets wasted easily/Pam acts like she drinks an alcoholic beverage, but it's really _____/Pam feels a little woozy already and thinks alcohol might make it worse/Pam acts like she drinks it, but keeps her mouth closed etc.
[/QUOTE]

Given that I'm currently in a pre-wedding Armageddon right now (little sister's), I just want to point out that it is unbelievably stressful for all parties involved, and you can't keep on top of every little detail like you'd hope you can. So what happened during the toast is totally believable to me, if only because human capacity during weddings is pushed to Pluto and back, and gets damaged along the way on each journey.

So yeah, they could have saved it, sure. But I think it's more realistic to have stuff go haywire in the silliest and strangest of ways given the scenario.

[quote name='strayfoxx']Most comedic writing, especially for The Office, should be treated as though the show were timeless. References here and there are fine, but the writers shouldn't anchor an entire scene, especially a scene the whole show has been working towards, on a fly by the moment youtube parody. It seemed a cop-out, a Family Guy cop-out where strictly parodying a internet meme or youtube hit makes the Date Movie, Epic Movie laugh at their own recognition of pop culture.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, and I actually agree that the scene wasn't great.

But I will say that 1) the show has a habit of referencing real life a few times already (Ryan asking Packer if he's a William Hung fan, Andy watches Lost, Michael watches Entourage, etc), which adds a sort of weird realistic quality to the show, and 2) even if you watch it independently of knowing about the Youtube video, you can still glean a sort of goofy happy feeling out of it.

So I'm just saying it's not totally out of line, even if I do agree that the writers could have stepped up a bit better than relying on a retreaded idea.

[quote name='Strell']1) the show has a habit of referencing real life a few times already (Ryan asking Packer if he's a William Hung fan, Andy watches Lost, Michael watches Entourage, etc)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Dwight's love of 24!

There were a few laugh out loud scenes in the episode, though, and The Office hasn't made me do that in the while. I cracked up at the wolf shirt and when Dwight kicked the chick in the face going down the aisle.

I really liked the episode. One of the best Office episodes in a while. Also:

erinspanties.gif

[quote name='DT778']Would have been better leaving out that corny youtube video.[/QUOTE]

this. i thought it was the bet episode of the year so far up until the damn parody. i hate the you tube video, and i hate that the office writers would do this even more.

edit. i was just thinking, whether or not michael and pams mom actually have a relationship i fully expect michael to start referring to himself as an in-law and wanting pam to look at him as a father figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought the youtube vid part was fine especially since Jim mentioned he bost the boat tickets after he saw the video cause he just had a feeling it was gonna happen at the wedding. We got to see new girl's ass and Dwight kicked a chick in the face. Thought it worked perfectly towards the cornyness of Michael (since he likes to copy everything). Very good episode. The tissue box shoes were epic along with getting six numbers and having a whole phone number if he got the 7th.

Some good ones:

[quote name='Dwight']Pam is constantly throwing up because of the pregnancy. If she eats something the fetus doesn't like she is screwed. It's amazing. A three ounce fetus is calling the shots. It's so bad ass.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Michael']Pam and Jim's wedding will be the single best pick up destination in the history of the universe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Andy']Not only is Erin really sweet and cute... she smell's like my mom.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Michael']If I have a woman up there and things are getting amorous, she's going to get turned off if she looks in he bathroom and sees you brushing your teeth with butter and clay.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Michael']I'm not a physics major, Stanley. I'm just saying be careful. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Michael']Yes they were living together. Yes and you know what? You can't expect them to be careful every time. Because, frankly, it's just a different sensation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pam']He is in my room icing his balls. [/QUOTE]

Hmm... this is the first season I'm watching live (rather than DVD or online stream) and I'm wondering if the show has dropped off or if the pacing (with commercial breaks) takes that much away from it for me.

[quote name='QiG']Hmm... this is the first season I'm watching live (rather than DVD or online stream) and I'm wondering if the show has dropped off or if the pacing (with commercial breaks) takes that much away from it for me.[/QUOTE]

I second that motion.

It's the commercial breaks. Season 4 was the first season that I watched on TV, and while it was a huge letdown compared to season 3, I immediately thought it was weird having breaks in the show.

Watching season 4 on DVD, yeah it's the weakest season, but I definitely enjoy it more.

Also, where the hell are my Jim/Dwight pranks? I don't care if they don't sit next to each other anymore or that Jim is in charge. There hasn't been anything good since the Bill Buttlicker episode. At least let there be some Pam/Dwight pranks.

I thought this episode was the best of the season. I'd put it up there with some of the best episodes. Even though Pam turned into a total B I thought the story and humor moved along nicely

[quote name='Dingleberry']god how I hated the pork n beans joke throughout.[/QUOTE]

frank n beans...and it brought back good memories of something about mary.

Great role for Pam tonight.. "I don't give a shit about your happiness!".. fantastic. Michael and Toby hugging was a landmark moment in the series. I liked the wedding episode a little more, but tonight's was definitely runner up for best this season.

I really like Erin now. She just wants to get on everyone's good side. I have a feeling that the writers will turn her bitter or something at some point. They made no mention of the painting, which was disappointing. They should've left those scenes in the last episode. I also kinda want to see her and Andy hook up.

I agree, great episode tonight. I was hoping they'd have a storyline where Andy/Dwight both pursue Erin and maybe have her turn out to be a lesbian or something along those lines.

Thumbs up to Stanley for showing us how to be awesome without saying a word. I got a laugh out of the last Pam-Jim interaction since that's exactly how damage control works between me and my GF.

Also I really hope the last scene isn't a sign of things to come. I like Dwight as conniving, but I don't like him being successful at conniving.

Yeah, It was laughs seeing Stanley silently cheer during Pam's wasting time rant.

The whole episode was laughs but that conference room scene was the best.

[quote name='Trakan']I agree, great episode tonight. I was hoping they'd have a storyline where Andy/Dwight both pursue Erin and maybe have her turn out to be a lesbian or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

I can see this happening. Maybe they can say she's with the girl she invited to Cafe Disco.

Awesome episode - I loved Pam and Jim not being a perfect couple, and seeing Michael and Toby get along for a minute ruled.

Quotes -
(after telling Pam he's dating her mother and she leaves his office screaming)Michael - That could have gone one of two ways. But I never expected her to get upset.
Michael - What is so wrong about me? (Oscar immediately raises his hand)
Michael - I should have listened to Jim and never told you.
Pam - WHAT!? YOU KNEW!?
Jim - Well…barely…
Jim - Hey…
Pam - SHOVE IT!
Michael - I don’t need Pam as a friend. I have plenty of female friends. My Mom. My aunt. Although she blocked me on AIM. What’s her name from Quiznos.
Jim - A wooden duck.
Dwight - Mallard.
Jim - You’re terrible at this. You will wash my car.
Dwight - Punishment fits the crime. I accept.
Pam - Maybe I’m overreacting.
Jim - Yeah, you are.
Pam - But I don’t think I am.
Jim - You aren’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back