The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott from youtube JDHMF pretty much monopolized the Tampa area.
They started on youtube like 4-5 years ago just doing their local flea markets then became regular vendors reselling there to recently being able to open a game store in the Tampa saint petersburg area.

If you know there are resellers that frequent the area you hunt and you go there 10-12 in the afternoon then you're wasting your time. Those guys are there ready to hunt while its still dark. Because its FL its year round too.
Only things I've ever found worth mentioning is a new in box gameboy player for I believe $15 (might've been $25) and a used in box Sega Saturn for a less interesting $40.

Also I've learned, if you set down anything at all in the salvation army here someone will come by and start touching it. Like no kidding. I turned around to grab a dvd/etc to test out a wii / ps2 a month or two later and when I turned around again someone was messing with the systems. I don't know spanish but I'm pretty sure the guy made fun of me for testing the wii with a Bratz GC game

So, I threw that MS Office up on ebay and the listing was just removed...

Why mine and not the other dozen or so that are still up for sale? Almost all of them have the "not for resale" in plain sight so I don't know what to think.

And just so this isn't totally off-topic...that Saturn lot is epic! At least two games in that lot are worth more than you paid for the whole thing. Damn.
Yeah, it's possibly my best hit ever; topping even the few times I bought solid ps1 collections with Lunars, Suikoden 2, and the like. Most of the Saturn cases are in very nice shape too, the only thing is some of the discs have smudges and could benefit from a light cleaning. I'll have to be careful about that.

Yeah, it's possibly my best hit ever; topping even the few times I bought solid ps1 collections with Lunars, Suikoden 2, and the like. Most of the Saturn cases are in very nice shape too, the only thing is some of the discs have smudges and could benefit from a light cleaning. I'll have to be careful about that.
I just had my biggest score as well a massive Sega collection spanning page 2 of facebooks finds. Including one of the rarest Sega cd games. The amount of rarities in this lot shocks me really with how little shovelware was with it. Then the condition of them being complete like 100%.

Everything cost me like $30 in shipping expenses and about a 4 year run of walking dead books. The rest of the books were intended for trade fodder or resell. Half of my stuff I couldn't have gotten half of what I paid for cover.

He has a saturn collection as well but just told me about it. I assume its massive just based on what I got for genesis and sega cd. Couldn't get him to part with them though.

I think my pickup is actually near the top in Sega pickups to probably hit any gaming communities over the last 5-10 years. When you factor in what it cost me to there current value. Maybe you hear about someone getting lucky and they get like 2-3 gems in a lot like mine and gems like mine. But look at my lot and tell me who gets that many gems. I am surprised no one has called me out saying I am trying to fake a score. At the same time though I realize it is still possible and what would be the point in lying with no audience like the game chasers. I have no publicity or monetary sponsorship or benefit from lying about it.

I basically got a collection from someone who hoarded Sega games as a sega fanboy as he probably bought them not at retail price but probably near the late 90s or early early 2000's probably from videos store liquidations and what not. Then lost interest in them over time and years later probably realizes he can trade it toward another hobby of his or whatever and basically I get the whole collection at the same cost it probably cost him to get them 15-20 years ago. I'm 26 and seeing the guy on my facebook he looks to be at least mid 30s to early 40s so the time fits. You can tell he acquired the collection before the game boom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to disagree.

His videos are very low production quality, he has very little video editing skill. He doesn't have much knowledge about any games other then the value of them.

All he basically does is find games he know he can flip and show them on camera. He's a nice guy but I wouldn't say he does anything too special.

Even game chases aren't anything special. Billy and Jay were cool to me when I started watching them like 4 years ago. Now I look at them like incompetent knuckleheads and I'm the pot head calling the kettle stupid.

Billy and Jay strive for too much comedy satire and less knowledgeable information on the topic at hand.

Watch gaming historian or Pete Dorr on youtube if you want to see real useful content. Happyconsole gamer and metal Jesus rocks are decent to.

I watch alphaOmegaSin but he gets more angry then AVGN in his videos. He makes my blood pressure rise watching his videos like he's at a metal concert while making his videos.
Metal Jesus keeps it interesting

I would have to disagree.

His videos are very low production quality, he has very little video editing skill. He doesn't have much knowledge about any games other then the value of them.

All he basically does is find games he know he can flip and show them on camera. He's a nice guy but I wouldn't say he does anything too special.

Even game chases aren't anything special. Billy and Jay were cool to me when I started watching them like 4 years ago. Now I look at them like incompetent knuckleheads and I'm the pot head calling the kettle stupid.

Billy and Jay strive for too much comedy satire and less knowledgeable information on the topic at hand.

Watch gaming historian or Pete Dorr on youtube if you want to see real useful content. Happyconsole gamer and metal Jesus rocks are decent to.

I watch alphaOmegaSin but he gets more angry then AVGN in his videos. He makes my blood pressure rise watching his videos like he's at a metal concert while making his videos.
Well, he collects so he has "some" knowledge about the games..atleast he's not passing up good ps1 rpg's/original xbox titles like other youtubers. Gamechasers are cool, I will always be impressed at the production level of their program.

I just had my biggest score as well a massive Sega collection spanning page 2 of facebooks finds. Including one of the rarest Sega cd games. The amount of rarities in this lot shocks me really with how little shovelware was with it. Then the condition of them being complete like 100%.

Everything cost me like $30 in shipping expenses and about a 4 year run of walking dead books. The rest of the books were intended for trade fodder or resell. Half of my stuff I couldn't have gotten half of what I paid for cover.

He has a saturn collection as well but just told me about it. I assume its massive just based on what I got for genesis and sega cd. Couldn't get him to part with them though.

I think my pickup is actually near the top in Sega pickups to probably hit any gaming communities over the last 5-10 years. When you factor in what it cost me to there current value. Maybe you hear about someone getting lucky and they get like 2-3 gems in a lot like mine and gems like mine. But look at my lot and tell me who gets that many gems. I am surprised no one has called me out saying I am trying to fake a score. At the same time though I realize it is still possible and what would be the point in lying with no audience like the game chasers. I have no publicity or monetary sponsorship or benefit from lying about it.

I basically got a collection from someone who hoarded Sega games as a sega fanboy as he probably bought them not at retail price but probably near the late 90s or early early 2000's probably from videos store liquidations and what not. Then lost interest in them over time and years later probably realizes he can trade it toward another hobby of his or whatever and basically I get the whole collection at the same cost it probably cost him to get them 15-20 years ago. I'm 26 and seeing the guy on my facebook he looks to be at least mid 30s to early 40s so the time fits. You can tell he acquired the collection before the game boom.
Ooo, you found Space Adventure Cobra! That game's one of my favorite youtube movies :)

With finds like yours and mine its a matter of percentages; I think even in the "dark ages" there were gamers building solid collections based on pure instinct alone, or possibly the stranger fare covered by magazine reviews. Somebody could probably write a book about the psychology of people who give up collections like this, too-- it's almost like they want somebody to inherit the fun times they once experienced, without breaking any of it up.

I'm thinking about starting to go to Thursday sales every week, even though there usually aren't a whole lot. Anyone else do this? Is it worth it?
I go to Thursday sales when I can. I see fewer resellers out (i.e. less competition) and I've picked up some good stuff even into the afternoon. You've already hit on the downside, there aren't that many. I try to pick some that are close together and close to where I live. I won't take chances on driving any distance like I might on a Friday or Saturday.

I had the best garage sale day I've ever had today. All of this is from a local city wide sale, where I spent about 4 hours saling.

Gameboy advance sp ags101-$3
Ds lite-$3
Blue wii with cords controllers & wii sports-$30
Some NERF guns
Ds lite with 21 ds games and 10 gba games-$25(worth $125)
Some cheap wii/ps2/original Xbox games
Conker for the original xbox-$2
Star Wars republic commando (Xbox)-$2
A bunch of crash ps1 games for $0.25/each
Super princess peach(ds)-$2
And a lot of other gaming stuff worth about $450 for only $50

So far this years sales have been great since three weeks ago I also got $500 worth of stuff from a hoarder for only $35.

I have a problem with cleaning everything and saving stuff waiting for its other half. It piles up.

---

As far as production goes, if I were ever to do a youtube thing, I would need someone else to do 95% of everything. I would just need to be the knowledge base for everything non gaming. I'm not interesting enough to carry a "show". We would need a cute chick or a guy that knew more about game values. I would have to be in the "ask the old guy" segment or something. I would rather do something that taught people something, but it seems like comedy is needed to keep people's attention.

I could probably handle a podcast. A CAG asked me to do one a few years ago, but I don't think it ever materialized.
I'm really thinking about doing yardsale vids. I'm consistent, and where I'm from yardsales are year round. I resell probably 80% of my finds, so folks would hate. It is added work though, and with reselling there's only so much time in a given week

I had the best garage sale day I've ever had today. All of this is from a local city wide sale, where I spent about 4 hours saling.

Gameboy advance sp ags101-$3
Ds lite-$3
Blue wii with cords controllers & wii sports-$30
Some NERF guns
Ds lite with 21 ds games and 10 gba games-$25(worth $125)
Some cheap wii/ps2/original Xbox games
Conker for the original xbox-$2
Star Wars republic commando (Xbox)-$2
A bunch of crash ps1 games for $0.25/each
Super princess peach(ds)-$2
And a lot of other gaming stuff worth about $450 for only $50

So far this years sales have been great since three weeks ago I also got $500 worth of stuff from a hoarder for only $35.
Pics!!!!

here's what i got. The ps3 rockband/guitar hero stuff have all of the receivers/dongles, and the world tour box has the game, mic, drums, and 2 wireless guitars.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25497]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25496]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25495]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25494]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25493]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25492]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25491]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25490]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25489]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25488]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25487]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25486]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25485]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25484]

Eh? He provides more content than just him showing off what he got at yardsales. He also has videos of him flipping stuff at his local flee market etc. He's also one of the most educated in terms of knowing the value of video games, and doesn't really slip at yardsales. That, and he's well spoken
The video I watched didn't really showcase much extraordinary knowledge beyond somewhat common sense (rare NES games) and he spent a lot of time making dick and balls jokes (for instance: laughing at Ballz for SNES). Not once did he pull something truly random out and surprise me with his knowledge.

I guess I'm jaded because I already know all this stuff. What's low level knowledge to me might be high level to someone else. I'm so into searching for valuable game merch that I know what issues of game magazines are worth buying.

I always considered doing videos of my finds as far back as 2007 but decided sharing knowledge of valuable games is bad for my own chances to find things. In the same way Storage Wars drove up storage auction interest (and prices) - these videos are probably driving more people into hunting games.

but that's all due to the fact that I've got decent job, I'm going to grad school, and have family. None of the stuff we post here is any good unless you're in a place in your life where you can actually enjoy it.
"Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue."

Well today was the second time I've ever gone to yard sales on a Thursday, only found 5 sales after 2 hours but it was awesome. 2 sales in a row had LEGO stuff, including LEGO NXT parts. Pics coming soon.

"Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue."
Don't forget to give credit to Mr. Burns, he's the one who said that. :D

Quiet, you little ragamuffin.

Only bought stuff from 2 sales. Here's what I got. Kind of pissed I was beat to a LEGO Fallingwater Architecture set, I love frank lloyd wright stuff. Looks like I'll be going to Thursday sales from now on.

Guitars- $2, ProLine Guitar holder- $2, Speed Way Hotwheels set- $1, LEGO WOrld Racers set- $4, LEGO Meteor Strike game- $2, LEGO Fallingwater instructions- $1, LEGO Star Wars Brickmaster set- $5, HDTV- $13, iHome boombox- $2, LEGOs in white/blue bin- $25 total includes Mindstorm NXT pieces, pokemon figures were in the white bin lol.

BR3ZnBp.jpg
d6cTPPz.jpg
B6couoC.jpg

8ayv2em.jpg

AnvXGRd.jpg
9thGIjT.jpg

^^^ You're welcome!

I didn't know there were FLW lego items. I'll have to look into those.

I got some decent stuff today and a few gaming items. Saw a lot of overpriced stuff.

EDIT: I did get a few "uncommon" PS1 games today.

The video I watched didn't really showcase much extraordinary knowledge beyond somewhat common sense (rare NES games) and he spent a lot of time making dick and balls jokes (for instance: laughing at Ballz for SNES). Not once did he pull something truly random out and surprise me with his knowledge.

I guess I'm jaded because I already know all this stuff. What's low level knowledge to me might be high level to someone else. I'm so into searching for valuable game merch that I know what issues of game magazines are worth buying.

I always considered doing videos of my finds as far back as 2007 but decided sharing knowledge of valuable games is bad for my own chances to find things. In the same way Storage Wars drove up storage auction interest (and prices) - these videos are probably driving more people into hunting games.
I hear ya, I'm getting those same feels since I've gone out every Saturday/have put in work on craigslist to snatch deals, so the knowledge of what stuff is worth is there, but I think his delivery is what sells it for most people. He's able to explain his yardsale stories clearly, and the value he pays for stuff is pretty important. Getting a concrete idea on a threshold folks are willing to let their stuff go for is pretty substantial, and him and the likes of seejayare are good at it, they seem to rarely ever overpay, except for seejayare when he's buying stupid xbox lots to meet his show's quota lol. I guess too he's relatable like alphaomegasin, I guess there are metal heads out there who game? I seriously don't get how alphaomegasin has so many subscribers for just being "mad" at stupid video game business motives, has to be because he's relatable to those types of people, and Scott is definitely the type

Saw somebody talking about 160k brand new houses in this thread. So wanted to drop by and say fuck housing prices in California.

Also amazing Saturn lot, and fantastic find on fire emblem GCN! I'm still looking for a complete copy to replace this disc only myself.

Saw somebody talking about 160k brand new houses in this thread. So wanted to drop by and say fuck housing prices in California.
I will echo that for Boston. I made an offer for a house on Monday of $25,000 above asking price and still didn't get the house. Everything in this area (the few cities I'm looking at) is going over asking and selling in less than a week. Blah

More LEGOs LOL! Bought all of these LEGOs for $10 total, now I have 2 of these white bins :D One of the bags has LEGO set 6222 and it's brand new.

Super Soaker Hydro Cannon was $3

MIof7uq.jpg

mNcOOjA.jpg

Only went to a couple of sales today. There are a lot of people out tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a good haul then.

[attachment=14957:IMG_4464.JPG]

First sale advertised a 3DS XL. When I got there they'd already sold it, but still had a fair amount of gaming stuff. Wanted $20 for all of this, talked them down to $15.

From the second sale I got 8 textbooks for free. All about 12-15 years old, but three of them will make me a bit of cash on Amazon. The others will be donated.

Forgot to put last weeks finds that were nothing much

PS Move bundle (no game) - $2

Level Up Wii Zig Zag Storage Tower - $3

Yesterday

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii)

Obscure: The Aftermath (Wii)

Box of various video cables and 2 PC keyboards

Total = $10

Today

Hit two neighborhood sales and I found quite a few games and equipment, but all overpriced and no one willing to deal.  Still found

Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - $1

Resonance of Fate (PS3) - $5

Gamecube w/ power supply, 1 wired controller and a Wavebird controller (like new) - $10

I was going to call it quits after about 5 hours, but decided to hit just one more sale and picked up these for the PS2

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Fatal Frame

Total = $35

All the games were in excellent shape and had the manuals.  Really happy with the last three.

Sorry for the big images.  These are fresh off the pick, not a bad day.  Not pictured are the several several Vtech cordless phones that paid for everything else ($160 spent on the day).  Happy to find G1 Transformers and an Atari 7800, havent really found those too often before (never on the 7800 plus some hard to find games).  I was surprised at the price of Weapons and Warriors and the Playdoh Mega Fun Factory.

The Polaroid Instant Camera and film is worth almost $300.  Dont ever pass those up.

We must be psychically linked; game finds were a complete bust for me today but I managed to snag a box of G1 Transformers for $20. You've got a better selection I think; but I can't complain when there's 2 Grimlocks, 2 Soundwaves, some Protectobots & Aerialbots, and a Blitzwing! (I've wanted one of these since Kindergarten, back when all the kids toys were labeled to prevent theft).

Last edited:
Hit up one yardsale today.

Ring King CIB for the GB

Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest for the GBC

Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX 2 for the GBA

Guy said $2 each or 3 for $5, so I grabbed the three. Left a copy of Knockout Kings.

Also picked up Sons of Anarchy Season 1 on Blu for another $5.

I haven't found g1 transformers for a long time. I have a huge toy score that I still haven't gone through from like 5 years ago. Tons of GI Joe, He-man, transformers, etc. They are in my parents garage buried behind some stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to get to them this year.

I didn't buy much this weekend. I have someone who is going to contact me regarding a SNES lot, but I doubt I will hear from them.

Indiana jones 7: The Many Treasure Stashes of Slowdive.

Not one but two soundwaves? That's a nice score for 20. This place also had a devastator but wanted $80 for it strangely. Swoop and perceptor are slightly broken but I really can't complain

That Ruby doll is amazingly creepy. The box looks like a coffin...

But uh, congratulations on the other finds. I wouldn't mind getting an Atari 7800 myself.

Hey, to the other guy who got the Playstation Move... were you gonna keep it or flip it? Also, is that peripheral worth owning?

I would kill for some G1 Transformers finds. There's a toy dealer in Raleigh at the local flea market who buys up pretty much every toy he can find at yard sales. I'm pretty sure he throws them into a flooded basment before he gets around to reselling them because all his stuff always looks severely water damaged.

Town-wide yardsale in my parent's town. Hit up about 30 sales.

1st sale will probably be one of the biggest of the year. Got about 100 tpbs/graphic novels/art books. Some sealed action figures from Batman:Animated Series, X-Men cartoon, etc. (Apparently Wolverine had a 4x4 he drove around in the 90's lol) Star Trek ship models, random other toys and a big sealed Chess Set. Looked big and expensive and went along with all the fantasy stuff there. Some Fortress chess set - guessing from 80's (maybe 70's)

I also got some individual issued comics from the guy. He had 100's of them, but I'm junk at knowing key issues. So I grabbed a few #1s and ones that kind of looked key to me. Pretty much junk and worth a few bucks at the most each (they were all 80's).

90% of the books are all either sealed or in at least plastic bags. Checking them out there didn't seem to be any real homeruns (I picked up a marvel hardcover book a few weeks ago in a lot for 80 cents each that I sold for 300), but lots of decent stuff and some I'll keep for myself.

I ended up spending 160 but it seemed like a good deal for what I got

2nd sale:

Big bag of action figures for $12 - but it had some TMNT, Power Rangers, Batman, and others. More than I normally would spend, but I think it is worth it. I think someone had cleaned out the TMNT earlier because I was only able to find non-Turtle characters like Baxter, Bebop, Usagi Yojimbo, etc..

3rd sale:

10 DVDs for 6 dollars. He didn't want to do less than that so I grabbed Godfather Collector' edition, Sopranos seasons 1 - 3, Creature from the Black Lagoon and a few more.

4th sale:

2 A/V cables for 20 cents. Need some for some PS1s I'm selling.

5th sale:

A little kids multi-colored storage bin case. Sister wanted it so I paid 8 which is more than I would pay normally, but she said she'd use it.

Also when I walked by there later there was a free VCR outside the house that looks to be worth like 30 on eBay.

6th sale:

Abe's Odyssey, NBA Street Vol 3, Ratchet Deadlocked for $5

That was all that I bought. Only 1 miss where a person said they sold a Gameboy earlier. Bunch of people said multiples had asked before I got there, but I spent over an hour at sale number 1. There was still more stuff there that I'm sure would've been worth it that I left behind. One thing that went when I was there was a big bunch of model cars in the box. Didn't really know anything about them, but maybe I should've gone after them.

Oh well - at least this was the first big day of the year. The last few weeks have been weak weak weak, Not many sales out, but hopefully now it is in full swing.

Only gaming-related thing today was a Luigi plush with a clip - $1. Got a few other finds so I'm not disappointed.

Paid $1 for six loose anime DVDs. Two of them were the same movie, but oh well. I'll take a chance on most things for one dollar. Then paid another $1 for a Webkinz plush with the code intact, $1 for a Bop It toy, and $2 for four kids books in good condition. Not a bad morning.

got these for a dollar each today

2 skylanders unopened

destroy all humans 2 ps2

obscure ps2

disney sing it family hits (no mic) goes for 25+ on ebay

so i guess i scored

My pickups today:

Steel Diver 3DS - $1

Geometry Wars Galaxy DS - $1 

Wii console with wii fit. - $10 

Lego Architecture Empire state building - $2

An overall look at the LEGOs I bought this weekend... I have lots of building to do. Pretty sure there will be some missing pieces in certain sets, but I still think I got a great deal on everything. $46 total.

Y3e9Cs2.jpg

dEHlJv3.jpg

p2a8eon.jpg

o0CHvyK.jpg

I'm not a lego collector, but I would say that is about a $400 lot where I live. I know the rule of thumb is $5/lb, but around here it is about $10/lb. If that set is sealed it can be worth a lot. I have a sealed set that I didn't post (week of not so epic finds) that has a decent value.

I went to a church rummage sale this weekend and they wanted "$200 FIRM" for an under the bed bin of them.

Nice finds everyone!

Sorry for the big images. These are fresh off the pick, not a bad day. Not pictured are the several several Vtech cordless phones that paid for everything else ($160 spent on the day). Happy to find G1 Transformers and an Atari 7800, havent really found those too often before (never on the 7800 plus some hard to find games). I was surprised at the price of Weapons and Warriors and the Playdoh Mega Fun Factory.

The Polaroid Instant Camera and film is worth almost $300. Dont ever pass those up.
You just had the type of weekend I love to have. Blitzwing was the last Transformer I bought and I still have most of the ones you picked up (though many are well worn/broke).

I only find a pack or so of Polaroid film at a time, finding an unopened brick like that is amazingly good.

Solid day at the yard sales again, no huge wow factor find today, but a really nice consistent day all the way up to the end. Didn't hit a huge amount of sales, probably like 10 total.

First or second sale we found a DS case and GBA SP case sitting out, so of course we asked, they had already sold the older systems a long time ago, but showed us a pair of DSi XL's they had for sale, of course they knew what they had, the dad said he would be around 60 for the bronze one and 70 for the 25th anniversary edition, I respectfully declined, his prices were fair and they weren't out at the sale, so there was no reason to be butthurt about ebay pricing.

Next game we found was a copy of Morrowind on PC for 1$, I don't usually buy PC stuff but my brother loves the Elder Scrolls.

Right after that we came across a sale where you could tell they were just wanting to get rid of stuff, my brother got a like new wireless mouse for a buck and I picked up the best find of the day, a complete early 90's Yakima roof rack set-up, complete with raingutter towers, the fairing, 3 bike trays, ski racks, and 2 complete locksets with the keys, all for 10$, the same kind of set-up brand new today would've been right around 400$. I paid 10$

2 sales later there was another lady just getting rid of stuff she didn't want, she had a fat PS2 with about 15 games (only 3 weren't EA sports), 3 controllers (Including a mint condition Emerald DS2), an official memory card and a HDD on the back, she said make an offer, so I started low at 5$, which she gladly accepted, already traded in the console to Gamestop, first fat ps2 I've found that worked flawlessly.

after that sale we were done in that town, so we headed off to thrift stores, pawn shops and a facebook deal that I'll be posting in that thread. On the way back home we stopped at 2 more sales.

The first one my brother was adamant wouldn't have anything even remotely interesting, so he waited in the car, I was very surprised when I walked up to a table that was covered in OG Xbox and PS2 games, I quickly waved him up. lol. I grabbed the Doom 3 Collector's Edition, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 on PS2, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged and Curse: The Eye of Isis on  Xbox. I had never seen Curse before, but it's just the kind of game that you know is rare just by seeing it. Paid 5$ for all 4 games.

Last sale of the day that we pulled up to had a massive stack of PS1 and PS2 games front and center (Like at least 40 games), proof that nobody around me is looking for this stuff. This was at nearly 4 in the afternoon. I spent my last 8$ to get the only 4 games I wanted from the stacks. I picked up the original Spyro black label and complete, Silent Hill 2 and Manhunt disc only, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire Longbox complete, the Spyro Ripto's Rage was just a case and manual, but I had a disc only I found early last month so that gave me a complete copy.

6lWWOrV.jpg

6mtq6Z4.jpg

Hit up three more sales this morning on the way to an open house.

Only one sale had anything worth getting. Ended up with Twilight Princess Wii, Trauma Center 2nd Opinion Wii, a Dennis Menace hardcover, and a big Soviet Union hardcover book for $2. Ended up grabbing the last Soviet book just because it was 50 cents each and I had to round out to 2 dollars.

I'm getting behind in my posts! I'm getting to be like Slowdive this year. Unfortunately rain and illness kept me from getting out a 3-4 weekends so far but I'm back and here are some highlights from the past month and a half:

18809875152_356b4f4e5f_b.jpg

My mother-in-law actually found this so I decided to show it off too. She bought it without knowing anything about it and got them down to $30 for everything: In the lot there is:

Black DS Lite with Charger and Stylus (scuffed screen and some upper screen bleeding but plays fine)
Nice carry case
extra car charger

And the games:

Carnival Games
Hannah Montana
Hannah Montana Music Jam
Let's Ride: Friends Forever
Mister Slime
Monster Jam Urban Asault
Nintendogs Dalmation and Friends
Petz Dogz Fashion
Petz Rescue Ocean Patrol
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands
SimAnimals
Sims 2 Apartment Pets
Sims 2 Castaway
Transformers Autobots
Transformers Decepticons
Tron Evolution
Wacky Races
Mario Party DS
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Lego Star Wars III
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mobilized
Mini Ninjas

18817528001_91cb2279d0_b.jpg

Headed to this sale to look for stuff for my wife and ended up with some speakers for my truck Paid $20 and got:

Sony Xplode 6x9 350 Watt Speakers (x2)
Boss 6x9 500 Watt Speakers (x2)

18192294304_1a54b0f6b6_b.jpg

This was a huge lot. I hit up a community sale in town and found this giant DS lot. I then found a Wii lot but i only wanted one game in it I was interested in so I passed. After all was done, I bought the entire lot for $30 and got the following:

Red/Black DS Lite with Charger and Stylus
Pink DS Lite with Charger and Stylus
Extra Car and Home Charger
Plethora of game cases

and the following Games:
Silverlicious
Mario Party DS
Super Mario 64 DS 
Aliens in the Attic
Deal or No Deal
Discovery Kids Parrot Pals
Disney's Jonas
iCarly (x2)
Littlest Pet Shop City Friends (x2)
My Dress Up
Paws and Claws Pampered Pets
Paws and Claws Regal Resort
Petz Dolphinz Encounter
Petz Hamsterz Superstarz
Princess On Ice
Scribblenauts
Tangled
Dora the Explorere Swan Princess
Squinkies
Wheel of Fortune
ZhuZhu Pets (x2)

18361587685_4324589b17_b.jpg

This was just ridiculous. I pulled up to the sale and there was a box of flight simulator stuff for $10. I eyeballed it and kept walking. After looking around I decided to look more at it. After another quick glance, I offered $8 for it and they took it. Got it home and did a little research and it looks like I did alright. Included was some of these highlights:

Saitek X52 Flight Stick (missing cable to connect 2 controllers)
Microsoft Flight Sim X + ~10 add-ons
Microsoft Flight Sim X Accelerator Expansion
Microsoft Flight Sim 98, 2002, and 2004 with Add-Ons for each
Real World Training Flight Sim books for Pilots

16831032573_72e7078c98_b.jpg

I eyed this Donkey Kong Bank at a thrift store the day before and decided not to buy it. I went home and looked up information though on it. It is a Donkey Kong Cereal System bank that was obtained by mailing in for it. After mulling it over i went back and picked it up the next day. I paid $35 for it but I've never seen anything like it.

16908999767_6703aa4c93_b.jpg

This was probably my find of the month. I pulled up and saw a bunch of random junk/garbage but saw an SNES game face down with a piece of masking take marked $0.50 so I picked it up. Lo and behold, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time was staring back at me. I asked if they had more games but said that they hadn't gone through all the boxes. So I'll be checking back occasionally to see if they have another sale anytime soon.

You got a great deal on those saitek x52 flight sticks. Even if you don't test them, you could sell them for a good $80 on eBay.
It's already gone and the funds are in my "Pay Back Derek's Student Loan" account ;-) ended up getting $71 for it and I think since it was missing the cord that it didn't go higher.

Last couple of weeks for me have been really hit or miss. My best find last week was a box with an Intellivision and games for $20, a complete Wii with same games for $40, and a beat up Spongebob GBA for $1. This week I missed out on an Atari Lynx, but I did find a complete GCN with 4 controllers and just about every first party GCN game for $60. Theyre pretty beat up, but I'll tale them to my my friend with a resurfacer. These will help plug some holes in my and MAGFest's collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back