The Official Android thread.

anyone know of a free caller ID? I have been getting calls from numbers that I don't know. I get one about every other day. Some times it has been the same number but I get them when I am at work and can not answere my phone or when I am asleep. I went to look them up on google but every time I try it just subtracts it like I'm using google to solve a math problem.

[quote name='sendme']anyone know of a free caller ID? I have been getting calls from numbers that I don't know. I get one about every other day. Some times it has been the same number but I get them when I am at work and can not answere my phone or when I am asleep. I went to look them up on google but every time I try it just subtracts it like I'm using google to solve a math problem.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting those too. At first I assumed that maybe they were something relating to Verizon , since most of them seem to be automated calls , and half of the message gets cut off when it goes to voice mail , but now I think they are just junk calls. Never available to answer them when they actually call , and haven't been bothered enough to try calling them back to find out what the hell they want.

Unrelated , but does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations on "essential" gear to get for my phone?

Loving my new MyTouch 4G but on the verge of rooting it, even though it is blazing fast even with the bloat ware. And who doesn't love pulling 9+ Mb down.

I do still miss many things about my rooted Nexus One though. Any one want to buy a great Condition Nexus One Unlocked and Rooted on T-Mobile. :)

Picked up a mytouch last week and I love it to bits. Best phone I've ever had. Speeds on this thing are ridiculous. My wife got a G2 (we did the buy one get one free deal going on) and she loves that. It's essentially a mytouch only with a pull out keyboard.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I've been getting those too. At first I assumed that maybe they were something relating to Verizon , since most of them seem to be automated calls , and half of the message gets cut off when it goes to voice mail , but now I think they are just junk calls. Never available to answer them when they actually call , and haven't been bothered enough to try calling them back to find out what the hell they want.

Unrelated , but does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations on "essential" gear to get for my phone?[/QUOTE]I'd get a case of some sort and a screen protector personally.

[quote name='Clak']I'd get a case of some sort and a screen protector personally.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I picked up a silicone case and a screen protector for mine.

[quote name='VipFREAK']^I'd go with whether you need a physical keyboard or not then?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if I Need it or not. Definitely used to it with the G1, but Swype is supposed to be easy to get used to.

Well, I have an EVO (no swype) and to be honest I wish I had a physical keyboard. I've played with the Epic and well... I'm happy to have a non shitty built phone over killing myself trying to type. At least with software I know they "might" improve it...

Well , got some stuff for my phone , hoping its not junk. Was shopping at Best Buy for some christmas shopping and they were doing a deal , buy a Rocket Fish case , Rocket Fish Portable Charger and Invisible Shield and get them all for $60. Had a $10 off promo coupon too.

Edit:After doing a bit of brief research on amazon , I feel like I might have overpaid and/or gotten shabby products , but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't opened anything yet and of course still have the receipt if returning/exchanging anything might be advised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad for B&M I guess, I usually get car chargers and the like from dollar general type places since they're usually the cheapest.

Invisible shields are great. I usually buy "the best skins" ever online. Depending on the skin, BSE ones fit better.

However, on touchscreens, they can generate a lot more friction. You may not like that.

[quote name='elessar123']Invisible shields are great. I usually buy "the best skins" ever online. Depending on the skin, BSE ones fit better.

However, on touchscreens, they can generate a lot more friction. You may not like that.[/QUOTE]

I was happy with my BestSkinsEver on my Nexus one.

Ughhh can't decide between the penny incredible or pro on amazon. Also the 80$ x looks sweet too. I've been a blackberry guy forever. Anyone else make the transition lately?

[quote name='steve nash']Ughhh can't decide between the penny incredible or pro on amazon. Also the 80$ x looks sweet too. I've been a blackberry guy forever. Anyone else make the transition lately?[/QUOTE]
wait 2 months, theres gonna be better stuff

[quote name='VipFREAK']Well, I have an EVO (no swype) and to be honest I wish I had a physical keyboard. I've played with the Epic and well... I'm happy to have a non shitty built phone over killing myself trying to type. At least with software I know they "might" improve it...[/QUOTE]

I have an EVO myself, and I actually really like the on-screen keyboard. I've never been fond of physical keyboards though. With that said, tonight I installed the Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard, and it's awesome.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/12/17/download-gingerbread-keyboard-for-all-devices/#more-22281

I also installed the Nexus S live wallpaper on my EVO tonight; I think it looks pretty nice.

snap20101221035546.png

[quote name='zewone']I have an EVO myself, and I actually really like the on-screen keyboard. I've never been fond of physical keyboards though. With that said, tonight I installed the Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard, and it's awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... guess I could try it. Thanks

wait 2 months, theres gonna be better stuff
but then 2 months later there will be better stuff....

Might as well act now!

And between the incredible and pro....just ask yourself which one do you think will get the lady's attention. Because if you're deadlocked, then there gotta be a tie breaker somehow!

Is anyone else using doggcatcher for podcasts having trouble with the cagcast? The download completes almost instantly and I get an error when I try and play it.

[quote name='elessar123']The market on my phone suddenly started looking like xbox dash board...[/QUOTE]

The rounded top with the new look? Yeah thats the Gingerbread style market. Quite nice if I do say so myself

[quote name='Clak']Not all of us have froyo yet....:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yup. I sometimes regret having gone for the Fascinate as opposed to the Incredible. I'd like to have a phone that gets the new updates quick. Gingerbread is finally out and here we are still waiting for Froyo :/

[quote name='VipFREAK']I still don't know the difference between whatever I had when I got my EVO and what's in Froyo...[/QUOTE]
If you don't install things to your SD card or use flash you probably wouldn't noticed a difference.

[quote name='Clak']If you don't install things to your SD card or use flash you probably wouldn't noticed a difference.[/QUOTE]

I use both.

Does anyone have this app?

Xbox Live Statistics from Nicolas Ortiz?

Really good app IMO, I haven't heard much about it but downloaded it, put my xbox e-mail/password in, and it tells me my acheivements and friends online, which is what I was looking for.

I didn't think Microsoft let people charge for apps that connected to live. I was using openspark for a long time but that does not work now with xbox.com being updated. It was free had was the best one out there at the time IMO. I'm not willing to pay for one.

Hey Linkin, has the camera flash on your fascinate given you any trouble? After trying everything I can with software, I think my led flash is just dead.

[quote name='sendme']I didn't think Microsoft let people charge for apps that connected to live. I was using openspark for a long time but that does not work now with xbox.com being updated. It was free had was the best one out there at the time IMO. I'm not willing to pay for one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't pay for the one I mentioned. They have a paid one, and a free one as well. I just use it to see what friends are online before I decide to get on or not.

bread's done
Back