The Official Black Friday Experience Topic (What You Saw, Did, Bought, Etc.)

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
No black friday for me this year because I'm in Baltimore. I told my mom to get some things, but I doubt she will. I have a few DVDs for $9.99 in my Best But cart at their site, but I'm waiting to clal my mom to see if she got them, if she didn't, I'll order them.

Last yera was fun, this year doesn't seem as good, so I don't think I'm missing out on anything. If anything is left over the weekend, I might hit some stores with my cousin to see what we can find.

I slept!

Well, i'm about to. And it's free, and there's no line (I wish there was a line for my bed..), and it's not cold!

I'm not getting anything. Bah humbug, screw corporate america! iVIVA EL REVOLUTION!

(I have no money)

gonna leave the house at 5am, go to Fry's first, then Comp USA, then Circuit City, and finally Best Buy. but i'm only going to buy things in the first two stores i mentioned, the other two, just tagging along.

not getting much this year, nothing game related too. hoping to get a 60GB hard drive for $30, and some 50 packs of blank CDs for $3.50. i'm also broke this year, but i'll try to get something at least.

After fanning the flames off my butt for my 30min late and similar posting in another forum. I will head to EB at 7AM, load up on some games and head over to Walmart to survey the damage and see what the body count is like. ^^

i'm going to sears, then walmart, then possibly kmart...

those are basically all of the stores in my town that sell games.. (not counting gamestop and FYE) ..

not expecting to really get anything great, but hopefully i'll get something..

Woke up at 5:45am when all the stores that open at 6 are 30 mins away... meh... I'll leave at 6:45am and go to EB... get Mario Golf, Mario Sunshine, Xenosaga, and Animal Crossing... then head to Target to get Tales of Symphonia... the other storesare going to be too crowded and have nothing I'd want to wade through those shoppers for.

I'm heading to Target. $17.77 Family Guy, here I come! Then I have some other shopping to do; hopefully I'll be home by 8 and can go back to bed.

Got to target at 5:40 or so, a good 20 something degrees outside, that line had to be pushing 300 easy. When they let people in the store it was a mad house, people were straight running, I just walked over to the dvds , bought

Buffy Season 7 ( Which was stripped from the shelves in all of 5 mintues)
Simpsons season 4
South park 1 and 2

Was out by 6:10
Even took a few minutes to walk around, Electronics got hit hard, no organization at all but thankfully they just left the cases open and let people go nuts.

Tried going to best buy but couldn't even find a parking space.

Got in line at Best Buy at 5:00 AM. About 40 people ahead of me, and by the time it opened a good 150 behind me. Below freezing temperatures, and it had been snowing. Brrrr... All I made out with is a couple Xbox games.. Ah well it was fun.. :)

my last stop for work was right near target...so i went to target and they weren't really packed, but the electronics area was out of control....no buffy season 7 either ;o(....thats all i went there for, those bastards....so in hopes of keeping my trip less than pointless, i picked up garfield the movie.....after that, i was going to go to wal mart, but EVERY parking spot (and they probably have a good 1000) was taken....so i said screw that, what the hell is so great with wal mart every year???

I work an overnight shift, so on my way home, I stopped at Staples. Got there around 5:35 or so and there were roughly 40 people in line. I jumped in line, and I'd say by the time they opened the doors at 6:00, the line was around 100-125 people long.

I picked up some CD-Rs, DVD-Rs, and jewel cases. About $80 worth of stuff for $16 after the rebate checks come back. Not bad. Even with all the chaos in the store, I was back in my car and heading home by 6:10.

WEll... picked up 24: Season 1, Aladdin: SE, and South Park: Season 1. I'm trying to get EB games to work. Alas... its not. DAMN YOU MANAGER!

well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

anyways can someone explain to me why i couldnt get mario golf and super smash melee as part of the 2 pc titles for 25???? that pissed me off

First off, I HATE Black Friday. I don't remember EVER going shopping today, for the simple fact that I HATE crowds.

With that said....

5:00 am - woke up before my alarm went off at 5:15
5:20 am - left for my 17-minute drive to Fry's, traffic was light.
5:47 am - arrive at Fry's. The line wrapped all the way around the building. My heart sank a little.
6:20 am - left with what I came for: $250 Harman/Kardon digital 5.1 receiver, $30 Godfather DVD box set, and Urban Asphalt GT for Nintendo DS.
6:50 - returned home. My arms are killing me from lugging my receiver thru the store. And I can't go back to sleep, because I'm in the middle of a Woot!-off.

Now that I'm home, I'm glad I went, but I'd be hard-pressed to do it again next year. But then again, some bargains are too good to pass up.

Everyone be careful today, because it's a jungle out there.

[quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

anyways can someone explain to me why i couldnt get mario golf and super smash melee as part of the 2 pc titles for 25???? that pissed me off[/quote]

It's all GH, PH, and PC titles regularily priced $19.99.

I went to Best Buy after work (6am) I took one look at the line and left. I couldn't park my car in the parking lot.

So that brought me to Target. I picked up...

Family Guy Season 1
Aladdin
2 128 MB Plexar Jump Drives

I looked at Metoid and Castlevania for $13.77 but ended up putting them back.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

anyways can someone explain to me why i couldnt get mario golf and super smash melee as part of the 2 pc titles for 25???? that pissed me off[/quote]

It's all GH, PH, and PC titles regularily priced $19.99.[/quote]

AHHH damn melee,,i guess the hell with it then...theres really no other pc or ph that interest me

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

AHHH damn melee,,i guess the hell with it then...theres really no other pc or ph that interest me[/quote]

It should drop to $20 IMO.

didnt all pc drop to 20 allready....jesus christ damn stubborn nintendo

also i even tried to settle for project gotham 2 and mario golf and same thing happened

I went to Sears to get the $50 digital camera that they had for my aunt, but it was sold out by the time I got there (6:20). There were a few things I wanted at Best Buy that were sold out before I got there, too, and I got there a half hour before the store even opened.

[quote name='guyver2077']didnt all pc drop to 20 allready....jesus christ damn stubborn nintendo

also i even tried to settle for project gotham 2 and mario golf and same thing happened[/quote]

All PC titles except for Smash Bros. :/

Maybe PGR2 isn't included. Try another game.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

AHHH damn melee,,i guess the hell with it then...theres really no other pc or ph that interest me[/quote]

It should drop to $20 IMO.[/quote]

i found it at sears the other day for 15. check there, it's not 2 for 25, but it's a good price

ummm...
im almost 25 years old and this is the first black friday i ever have been involved in. it was absolutly disgusting. there was one other kid at EB, and he was a real dick. some thugged out roca wear cat who thought i was trying to take his place in "line" i guess he needed to get in first. it was rather depressing when he barely let dude open the door and got ill on the B2G1. plus: getting the only copy of riddick and holding the door for these two fine ass mothers who thought they were twenty. they offered to buy my game for me since i was so helpful with thier questions, but i declined.

then it was over to toys r us and every ghetto mug in the history of the greater buffalo area decided to head there on this fine sunny morning. i got knocked into about 6 times and a lady actually said excuse me all snob style and flipped out because she has a hard life or something. i jetted out of there before you could say- someone took the copy of fatal frame i hid.

so all in all- i will never go again- ever. i got some BB online orders, i got riddick and a lesson in everything that is wrong with america. people dont even hold doors, it's a gross showcase of humanity. you'd think this was the last time there would ever be a deal. if they noticed and opened thier eyes they would see there are places like CAG and fatwallet, where you can shop like this year round. you just gotta be smart.

now- it's bedtime i hope. props to those ladies who tried to buy my game. they give me hope and now i will dream of them 8)

i went to 3 stores today in 1 1/2 hours to get all the gifts i needed. i went to compusa first to buy the logitech xbox controller that is BOGO and i thought the price would be 24.99 for 2 of them. the register scan it for 14.99 for 2 of them and i had another 2 with me as well. so i saved about 25 bucks b/c of those controllers. i also bought at compusa two MS wireless optical mouse for 8 bucks each. i raced on over to target to snab simpsons s4 and family guy s1 and s2 for 18 bucks each and i went to buy an electric razor for my pops. At last i went to office depot to get the router and notebook adaptor for 10 bucks and the 15 dvd+r discs for 5 bucks. the router and notebook card has tons of mir haha. i couldnt believe they had about 5 of those combos left. all the places that i went today werent that crowded at all except best buy which had about 250 people as i cruised passed BB.

I went to Target and picked up Family Guy Vol 1 and Everything or Nothing. Total was $33.64. Not too bad.

Now, to go back to bed. Or at least try...

Let me say Best Buy is insane around me (boardman, oh) and it seems to be getting worse every year. I don't even think they had super-great deals, at least not that much better than everywhere else. But when I got there at about 7:00 (opened at 6:00) the checkout line was wrapped all the way around the store in and out of aisles, it was probably at least an hour. I won't even wait that long for rollercoasters. No way I was waiting in that line for 24 season 1, I'll pay the extra 20 bucks later.
On the positive side I got Paper Mario TTYD with the $10 gift card, and I got that 8.4 inch portable DVD Target had.

Seeing as how I live in the sticks, I had no place to go, but I did order some games from ebgames.com. I got:

Doom 3
Katamari Damancy
007 Everthing or Nothing

for $50

To spare myself a whole lot of shopping angst, I made the decision to skip going to Target in lieu of having my local Shopko just match Target's ad prices. My haul included...

Tales of Symphonia (gift for a friend)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
The Simpsons season 4
Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7

Not only did Shopko match Buffy season 7's price, but they were generous enough to apply that same price for all of the other seasons, as well (I just had to try, out of morbid curiosity)! Pity they were out of season 2...

Got to Best Buy @ 7:10. I bought Family Guy and Simpsons season 4. I am doing the thing @ EB where you trade in 5 games to get MGS3. Since I'm going to the mall I might also go to sears.

got at Crabtree Mall at 5AM, while my mom went to target after droppin me off...she got me the xbox holiday bundle with crimson skies and i slept at a table area and ate a biscuit until 7:20 AM and EB opened up, i got GGX2 reloaded and PGR2 for 25 bucks alltogether, then got riddick for 10...pretty much my day :D i'll be seein you guys on live when i get my halo 2 in the mail :D

[quote name='swetooth9']got at Crabtree Mall at 5AM, while my mom went to target after droppin me off...she got me the xbox holiday bundle with crimson skies and i slept at a table area and ate a biscuit until 7:20 AM and EB opened up, i got GGX2 reloaded and PGR2 for 25 bucks alltogether, then got riddick for 10...pretty much my day :D i'll be seein you guys on live when i get my halo 2 in the mail :D[/quote]

Cool, glad to see you got everything.

i live in the D.C. area and i have to work this morning..kinda sucks..wanted to pick up some dvd-r's..i get off at two-thirty, so i'm hoping there will be some scraps or remnants of some kind of bargain that once was..watch it all be gone and i end up getting a great deal on a hoola hoop or something..what a crock..DAMN YOU BLACK FRIDAY/ MY WORK DAY!!! (good thing i can surf the net at work..hahahahahahahah..jokes on you BF!)

oh yeah..i see they got my GTA double pack for $20 at Best Buy that i missed out on awhile back yahoooo!!! once again, i make out like a champ, cha cha cha ching!!

Went by Target at 6AM and the line to get in was around the courner of the building, but it moved very quickly once they opened the doors. Once inside crowd not too bad except in the electronics dept were they still had some Nintendo DS's left. Picked up Simpsons 4 and Seinfield 1,2,3 and Dues Ex for PC (the second one) on clearance for $12 and OO7 Nightfire (Xbox) on clearance for $12 and the new Snoopy Dog CD for $10.
Then went to EB at 6:45. There were 5 people waiting to get in. Grabbed Doom 3 ($19.99 - they had 6 copies (3 when I left)), Spiderman 2 ($19.99), Riddick for Xbox ($9.99 - only copy they had) and the following for the 2 for $25 sale:
LOTR: Two Towers XBOX
Maximo: Army of Zin PS2
Morrowing: Game of the Year XBOX
Crimson Skies XBOX
KillSwitch PS2
Suffering XBOX
Breakdown XBOX
Star Wars: Rebel Strike III GC
Manhunt PS2

I asked the clerk to check the prices on these before completing the sale. He tried to tell me they would not be on sale because the were not labeled as Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits, etc. I said, "Please try and see". Of course he was surprised when they indeed did ring up on the sale. I told him they were listed on the website yesterday as a part of the sale.

I love BF. Now I just need to find time to play them all.

I didn't leave the house, but I had my dad pick up NBA 2K5 and Man on Fire, sadly they were out of Day After Tommorow and Tales of Phantasia :(

Here's a hint about shopping in Buffalo: DON'T, only rude ignorant people dwell here, personally I wish they would evac the 50 or so sane people then just nuke this fucking town into oblivion. But... that wouldn't be very humane, would it?

^^^

yea, i asked the guy to try GGX2 reloaded to see, and it worked; i told him it was on the website and to just try it out....

enjoy those games, manhunt and maximo AoZ are awesome...oh yea, enjoy the snoop cd too :D "drop it like its hot, drop it like its hot, when the pigs...." :p

What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?

Got up at 5:30a to go to Best Buy. Got there right before it opened at 6a and the line was enormous. I later found out that at 4am there were already about 200 people in line. Anyway, I got a $30 mp3 player for my girlfriend and waited in line for an hour to check out. Then I went to target and got Star Ocean. Unfortunatley by 8am they were already out of Tales of Symphonia though.

Now time to eat my McDonalds breakfast and go back to bed.

[quote name='Indiana']What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?[/quote]

I picked up the Xbox one for $9.99 as a part of their 3 day weekend sale. The ad only shows the Xbox one.

Well, my Mom is out today. I think she is looking for a TV since I have been bugging the hell out of her lately, hopefully it works. Also, I ran (2 miles to) BB and the place was packed. I went over to TRU and bought some 28" bike and rode it back home. I think it was $20, but it was pink and had streamers on it. It isn't for me if you can' tell, it is for my cousin.

Lucked out.

Last Night I bought all I wanted from CC. The Metroid Bundle Pack and a Sandisk card.

Got up this morning around 4:20. Looked at the BB website and everythign was up there. Got Chapelle and the Will and Grace DVD Set for $26 after shipping. SO before I had even left the door I had gotten everything I wanted from BB and CC.

My original plan was to head to CC first then Target. Drove to my parents and then we all went up to Target. I was worried the DVD would sell out but they were stacked with hundreds of them. Picks up two copies of the Simpsons, Family Guy, and the two Seasons of South Park.

There are a few odds and ends I need to pick up but my schristmas shopping is mostly done.

[quote name='phrmcst'][quote name='Indiana']What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?[/quote]

I picked up the Xbox one for $9.99 as a part of their 3 day weekend sale. The ad only shows the Xbox one.[/quote]

Its only on the XBOX.

[quote name='phrmcst'][quote name='Indiana']What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?[/quote]

I picked up the Xbox one for $9.99 as a part of their 3 day weekend sale. The ad only shows the Xbox one.[/quote]

i dont think Riddick is on Ps2...

Woke up at 3:57 and took a shower, had breakfast, and made final plans.

I dropped my brothers off at Target at 5:50 for Family Guy. They were the first ones checked out in the whole store, pretty cool.

After the drop-off I went to CompUSA and picked up the 60 GB hard-drive, the Radeon 9600, and the MS wireless mouse (pretty cool).

Afterwards we went to EB in Rock Hill and arrived with about 15 minutes to kill. We picked up Riddick, Battlefield 1942 and the Road to Rome Expansion, and Sims Makin' Magic.

After EB we went to Sears looking for some shirts and ties, they were sold out. We also stopped on the way home at K-Mart for the 5 for $20 DVD sale. What a waste of time that was. All they had was generic shit I never heard of.

Got home at about 8:30, done for the day. I plan on installing the new PC hardware in a few minutes.

bought the gta double pack at bestbuy.com for $20 and rainbow six 3 for $10 at bestbuy.com. i have to work at GS today at 5, so it is going to suck.

bread's done
Back