The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01278_zps2a412802.jpg

Btoom vol 1, Jack the ripper hellblade vol 1 (i like it alot), Worst vol 3 (had all three volumes that came out in the us but lost them in a move all i need is vol 2 which is hard to find at a good price. Gundam the origins vol 1 hardcover

DSC01277_zpscca0d1c0.jpg

grant morrison happy

DSC01275_zps6fea9d1f.jpg

bedlam #4 phatom variant, saga # 10, 11. Legend of luther strode #3 and #3 phatom variant, luther strode #6 variant

DSC01269_zps5c9a2a37.jpg

broken blade, Le Chevalier D'Eon - Vol. 6

DSC01270_zps60f071ba.jpg

blue seed, the box is beat up was suppose to be like new but got it for $4, and escaflowne

[quote name='shawnmelo']
btooom is amazing also loved the anime cant wait for the second season.[/QUOTE]

havent read the book yet but heard it was good and that it was like battle royale with bombs

[quote name='ShogunNage']havent read the book yet but heard it was good and that it was like battle royale with bombs[/QUOTE]

yeah you are gonna love it then. The anime is on crunchyroll streaming if you want to give that a watch as well.

20130404_202334-1.jpg

Bought B1G1 50% off at a local import/used game shop. Just need to find Volume 3 of Dual somewhere cheap. Volumes 1 and 2 I can get easy.

20130404_202500-1.jpg

I really wish FUNi would go back to those 2 2-disc thinpak sets for their collections. Very nice packaging, much better than a simple slipcover. But no, we need more stupid combo packs apparently.

20130404_202334-1.jpg

How much did you pay for that volume of dual because when I bought mine i bought the whole set for $40 used. dual is the only mech anime I ever actually loved for some strange reason.

[quote name='shawnmelo']how much did you pay for that volume of dual because when i bought mine i bought the whole set for $40 used. Dual is the only mech anime i ever actually loved for some strange reason.[/quote]$4.99 :)

[quote name='DNukem170']$4.99 :)[/QUOTE]

im assuming you can get the other volumes that cheap as well makes me wish I had pawn shops around here lol. I have no good used places where I live.

[quote name='shawnmelo']im assuming you can get the other volumes that cheap as well makes me wish I had pawn shops around here lol. I have no good used places where I live.[/QUOTE]

Well, Volumes 1 and 2 are about $3-6 on eBay/Amazon, but Volume 3 is going to be trouble.

I have had decent luck with that shop. Once got Last Exile (FUNi's first release) for $15 and Naruto Shippuden Set 7 for $10 there. Their DVD/anime section is rather meager (over half the anime are InuYasha singles) but they get the occasional gem. They focus more on games, imports, and TCG though

[quote name='DNukem170']Well, Volumes 1 and 2 are about $3-6 on eBay/Amazon, but Volume 3 is going to be trouble.

I have had decent luck with that shop. Once got Last Exile (FUNi's first release) for $15 and Naruto Shippuden Set 7 for $10 there. Their DVD/anime section is rather meager (over half the anime are InuYasha singles) but they get the occasional gem. They focus more on games, imports, and TCG though[/QUOTE]

ok makes me feel better that I got the whole set for $40 considering that volume 3 is like $43 on amazon.

[quote name='elessar123']Why's everyone getting Baka & Test S2? Did I miss a sale?[/QUOTE]

yes its currently on sale at amazon for $33 and the ova is $18

[quote name='elessar123']Why's everyone getting Baka & Test S2? Did I miss a sale?[/QUOTE]

Sales currently going on now, so you did not miss it, but you just haven't been visiting the DVD/Blu forum as of late. ;D

[quote name='elessar123']Hmm. Debating on buying it. I have S1 LE, but I haven't watched it.[/QUOTE]

buy it

[quote name='elessar123']Sigh. Bought it with the OAV.

Damn peer pressure.[/QUOTE]

you wont regret it lol the ova is hilarious

Is B&T really that good? I've been meaning to check it out, but the idea always sounded a little to goofy. But I suppose I don't watch a ton of anime, so it's probably relatively normal (that sentence didn't come out right)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is B&T really that good? I've been meaning to check it out, but the idea always sounded a little to goofy. But I suppose I don't watch a ton of anime, so it's probably relatively normal (that sentence didn't come out right)[/QUOTE]

its definitely one of the funniest anime I have seen.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is B&T really that good? I've been meaning to check it out, but the idea always sounded a little to goofy. But I suppose I don't watch a ton of anime, so it's probably relatively normal (that sentence didn't come out right)[/QUOTE]

Trust your intuition.

Eh, I'll wait until the eventual Anime Classics complete set. I have enough DVD-size box sets from FUNimation's fanservice comedies that will be half-empty (after Sacred Blacksmith, Heaven's Lost Property, and Sekirei).

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my buddy found this on the subway in NYC. He sent it to me in this cryptic black envelope with no return address which almost got tossed in the trash cause it sorta creeped me out. Anyway, glad I opened it.

19C3D12C-6386-4D1F-A4DF-0BE491B0B12A-861-000000BF51E6C34B_zps816f1d7f.jpg

C2231969-7B1B-4855-BF7C-A918E9763DB7-861-000000BF6A1143A0_zps9fc8aa00.jpg

Anyone else remember these? I recall thinking to myself that there's NO WAY IN HELL that I'd ever purchase so many new Capcom games in a year to get that "big" $10 rebate. I almost wanna send it in with some UPCs :p

Also, my big $10 purchase yesterday.

EC3E8AF3-A598-489E-AEC6-46A5D728E15A-925-000000C503D7BF4C_zps07788dba.jpg

Lots of stuff today!

First off, my first SecondSpin shipment:

20130405_135303-1.jpg

20130405_135238-1.jpg

Somehow, the bottom of my Kiddy Grade case looks half-melted. Could barely get it open initially. Also, only Sherlock came with a slipcover. :(

Next, pickups at MovieStop:

20130405_135052-1.jpg

20130405_135133-1.jpg

Took advantage of the B2G1 Free anime sale to get Tenchi and Stratos Vol. 4.

Finally, eBay:

20130405_135325-1.jpg

With shipping, total came to just over $8. :)

[quote name='elessar123']Sigh. Bought it with the OAV.

Damn peer pressure.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Well I bought S1 since I had never seen it but I just watched an episode on Funimation's YouTube Channel and I like it.

Could always check out Funimation's YouTube Channel. That is what I did. Hopefully this sale goes on a for a bit because if I like S1 enough, I will probably end up buying S2. :D

nGtddCD.jpg

GS Pickups; paid about $10 out of pocket after trade-in. All are complete except Lost Odyssey, missing the manual. Castlevania is even sealed despite being sold as pre-owned.

Even though I've mostly switched to PC gaming, I'd still like to fill some holes in my current-gen console-exclusive collection. At this point it would be pretty difficult to pinpoint any (good, retail) PS3-exclusive games I don't have so now it's on to the 360 and Wii.

fyf8mEh.jpg

These are all from the thrift store, but don't get excited - they're all empty cases! Why they had a box of empty PS1 cases is a mystery to me, but I picked the best ones; they were 5 for $1. All have manuals except Legend of Dragoon and Rayman.

Also, Nancy Drew for Wii, complete. It's an uncommon-ish game so I grabbed it. *shrug*

I haven't bought much anime like you guys but I did get these from chinatown.

This is a resealed game I got from HPB for $7. I haven't opened it yet. I hope it has everything. Anyone know a good source to tell if a Gameboy game is factory sealed? All my quick searches are not bringing up much.

These past few days I have been picking up cheap guides because everywhere that sells them are slowly charging more and more like ebay.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Why they had a box of empty PS1 cases is a mystery to me, but I picked the best ones; they were 5 for $1.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the thrift stores around here, it's because someone stole the CDs and left the cases.

Some of the Good Will stores around here actually use packing tape to tape the jewel cases shut, that is, if they don't put them in a glass case stacked in such a way that you can't actually read what games are there without getting an employee :wall:.

[quote name='Squarehard']What flavors were the DB sodas?[/QUOTE]

They were a light citrus flavor. Maybe Mandarin Orange?? lol

[quote name='blindinglights']If it's anything like the thrift stores around here, it's because someone stole the CDs and left the cases.

Some of the Good Will stores around here actually use packing tape to tape the jewel cases shut, that is, if they don't put them in a glass case stacked in such a way that you can't actually read what games are there without getting an employee :wall:.[/QUOTE]

Man I know it. At least 50% of the time I find a decent game the case ends up being empty. But this was literally a box of empty cases they were selling for $.20 each. For once I think they actually got them in this way.

[quote name='kermit036']They were a light citrus flavor. Maybe Mandarin Orange?? lol[/QUOTE]

lol they say kamehameha orange soda.

[quote name='kermit036']I haven't bought much anime like you guys but I did get these from chinatown.
[/QUOTE]

Were they bootleg? ;/

j/k

Nothing much to report.
Just picked up MAG at Gamestop for .99. Will probably go back later and pick up a few for the cases. :lol:
Also, I was going to buy Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the PS2. But the Employee couldn't find it. Luckily, he said a copy was coming in and said to come back 4-5 days. He let me keep the case. Haha.

[quote name='kermit036'][/QUOTE]

I don't know what this Yamcha soda is, but it sounds disappointing.

I'd rather drink Bulma-flavored anyway. Though it should be strawberry-flavored.

I swear some of you don't even buy games anymore LOL!

There needs to be an anime ONLY pickups thread :/

Actual games! :p

4C869F6D-6821-431B-B6B1-3904909C43CA-1740-0000017BE14261A5_zps89a4843a.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']I swear some of you don't even buy games anymore LOL!

There needs to be an anime ONLY pickups thread :/
[/QUOTE]

For me, it happened mostly because I'm back to the PC Master Race.

PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']I swear some of you don't even buy games anymore LOL!

There needs to be an anime ONLY pickups thread :/[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Last game I bought for actual playing was Code of Princess 3 months ago and Pokemon Black 2 release date before that.

[quote name='wiggyx']I swear some of you don't even buy games anymore LOL[/QUOTE]

I feel like this month's thread just makes it seem like that. There was/is apparently a Black Friday-esque anime sale posted in the DVD/Blu ray deals forum that people are taking part in.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I feel like this month's thread just makes it seem like that. There was/is apparently a Black Friday-esque anime sale posted in the DVD/Blu ray deals forum that people are taking part in.[/QUOTE]

SecondSpin had a 41% off sale on April Fool's Day. It wasn't anime only, but Squarehard and I bought mostly anime.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I think that would about win Pickup of the Month:applause:[/QUOTE]
Only if it was a really nice house. But given our budget, it won't be. Also, I don't want to move, so I'm bitter about the whole thing.

[quote name='DNukem170']I don't know what this Yamcha soda is, but it sounds disappointing.

I'd rather drink Bulma-flavored anyway. Though it should be strawberry-flavored.[/QUOTE]
It would be nice if they had different flavors, but they're all orange. It's supposedly pretty decent, though.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Only if it was a really nice house. But given our budget, it won't be. Also, I don't want to move, so I'm bitter about the whole thing.
[/QUOTE]

I get you there, moving is a huge pain:whee:but just think of all the new shelves you'll have room for:bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back