The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a pick up per-say but my Aunt recently got a job at Bethesda in the London office so she sent this my way:

tumblr_mkw58d8r9P1r6iuhfo1_500.jpg

Quite enjoying it so far!

[quote name='saunderscowie']Not really a pick up per-say but my Aunt recently got a job at Bethesda in the London office so she sent this my way:

tumblr_mkw58d8r9P1r6iuhfo1_500.jpg

Quite enjoying it so far![/QUOTE]

is the yellow tag removable?

Traded in a whole load of junk (leftovers from some lots of stuff I was selling off) to the local game store and got $43 store credit. So I picked up these three SNES games for $18 out of pocket.

jK3vCyh.jpg

Contra 3, Earth Defense Force, Darius Twin

[quote name='dodgeme']Traded in a whole load of junk (leftovers from some lots of stuff I was selling off) to the local game store and got $43 store credit. So I picked up these three SNES games for $18 out of pocket.

jK3vCyh.jpg

Contra 3, Earth Defense Force, Darius Twin[/QUOTE]

haha sold my copy of Darius Twin for $12 last month. How much did you pay?:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']haha sold my copy of Darius Twin for $12 last month. How much did you pay?:cry:[/QUOTE]

It was $10. Only reason I picked them was thanks to the trade it credit.

8628787961_9b276ae0ec_c.jpg

Luigi was 34.99 from k-marts on launch day
Ninja Gaiden sigma vita was 11$ from bestbuy
Starfy was 10$ from bestbuy via price match
Steel Diver was 10$ from bestbuy via price match

well for me I buy games just on steam im more of a pc gamer and I dont post what games I buy because I feel people want to see actual pictures. I do buy a ton of anime though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been keeping an eye on ebay and just caught an Buy It Now for M.U.S.H.A for $70. Been looking for that for a long time and that was on the reasonable side of a price for me for cart only. I'll have pictures when it gets here.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
fyf8mEh.jpg

These are all from the thrift store, but don't get excited - they're all empty cases! Why they had a box of empty PS1 cases is a mystery to me, but I picked the best ones; they were 5 for $1. All have manuals except Legend of Dragoon and Rayman.
[/QUOTE]

Honestly, call me dumb but this is the stuff I LIKE finding. Cases, inserts, manuals etc. Those are the things I would love to find at thrift stores - especially at 20 cents each! lol I think theres something wrong with me, but I really enjoy finding that stuff.

[quote name='dodgeme']Been keeping an eye on ebay and just caught an Buy It Now for M.U.S.H.A for $70. Been looking for that for a long time and that was on the reasonable side of a price for me for cart only. I'll have pictures when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome old school shmup!!

[quote name='Zaku77']That is an awesome old school shmup!![/QUOTE]

Im just thrilled I finally found it at a price point I was comfortable with. Seems to average 90 to 100 lately. Even 70 is a lot for me but I figured if I don't buy it now I probably won't be seeing too many more opportunities to do so.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Honestly, call me dumb but this is the stuff I LIKE finding. Cases, inserts, manuals etc. Those are the things I would love to find at thrift stores - especially at 20 cents each! lol I think theres something wrong with me, but I really enjoy finding that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah but I'd rather they had games in 'em is my point.

6zvble.jpg

More pickups from the bizarro GS 50% off sale. I thought I had too much dignity for OneChanBara but nope, guess not!

Also in typical GS fashion, the cases are mostly trashed and covered in sticky goop. (insert joke here) At least they all have manuals.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']haha sold my copy of Darius Twin for $12 last month. How much did you pay?:cry:[/QUOTE]

There is a CIB copy on my craigslist for months for that game. I been tempted for $8 bucks.

My cheapness says wait till I find a cart only for $2.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
Also in typical GS fashion, the cases are mostly trashed and covered in sticky goop. (insert joke here) At least they all have manuals.[/QUOTE]

Well if your gamestop is anything like mine, the employees have quite a lot of free time on their hands in between selling M games to minors and shoving subscriptions down your throat, so it almost wouldn't surprise me if they had a little "me time" in the storage room...not sure why I took the time to post this, now I've got some rather awful mental images:whistle2:#

More stuff. Like I don't have enough crap to watch:

20130408_163106-1.jpg

20130408_163251-1.jpg

20130408_163405-1.jpg

20130408_163452-1.jpg

20130408_163519-1.jpg

Gravion and Pokemon came from GoHastings. Energon and Ninja Turtles S1P1 came from MovieStop.com. TMNT 3.5 came from eBay. Everything else is my final SecondSpin order.

BTW, I am very happy that the DBZ movie Blu-rays put the movies on one disc instead of splitting them up.

IMAG00061_zpsb9e85160.jpg

Pickups so far this month from the secondspin sale, and from fellow cags.

Now to find the time watch and play them all!

[quote name='Squarehard']Hurray for anime!

animeblu1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

im a little jelly of that squid girl but with media blasters delaying the second season its not looking too promising. Thats the reason I didnt buy that yet but im so tempted to.

[quote name='Squarehard']Hurray for anime!

[/QUOTE]

Any standouts in this pickup? I don't recognize many of them, but am always looking for new anime to try.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Any standouts in this pickup? I don't recognize many of them, but am always looking for new anime to try.[/QUOTE]
one piece, that is the only one i have watched from his list. lol

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Any standouts in this pickup? I don't recognize many of them, but am always looking for new anime to try.[/QUOTE]

really depends on what kind of anime you enjoy. can you give some examples of shows you watched and liked.

Kenichi is a fun show, but sadly is one of those anime that ends after the end of the first major manga arc, like Kekaishi.

Eyeshield 21is Shonen Jump Football. All you need to know.

[quote name='shawnmelo']im a little jelly of that squid girl but with media blasters delaying the second season its not looking too promising. Thats the reason I didnt buy that yet but im so tempted to.[/QUOTE]

Squid Girl is a very reasonable price though, regardless of the second season being delayed. It's not like it's not episodic, and season 1 isn't enjoyable by itself.

[quote name='elessar123']Squid Girl is a very reasonable price though, regardless of the second season being delayed. It's not like it's not episodic, and season 1 isn't enjoyable by itself.[/QUOTE]

the delay is because media blasters is struggling financially. The delay means they pushed it back and the second season might not even be released. So for me for collection purposes I do not like incomplete sets. Most of the shows I have seen already I just buy the shows to support the industry but i wont buy a show with a questionable second season because I need both seasons in my collection.

Picked this up yesterday. Couldn't find any information about it online, but it was only $3. It's a semi-transparent plexiglass xbox sign.
photoxbox.JPG

j6icNhU.jpg

this show looks very suspect with these shirtless dudes on the cover but it is a really good show. I was put off by the cover art for years before I finally watched it and it turned out to be really good and has one of my favorite female characters in any anime.

imag0154d.jpg

From the 50% off gamestop sale. Was going to get more, but they were out. An unknown bonus was that Resistance 2 came with the Dual Pack super voucher, and it actually worked\\:D/

Also got a bunch of digital stuff:

Groupees Retro and Chip Tune Bundles
Humble Mobile
Mark of the Ninja
Castle Crashers
Dust: An Elysian Tale
ilomilo

[quote name='shawnmelo']really depends on what kind of anime you enjoy. can you give some examples of shows you watched and liked.[/QUOTE]

School Rumble
Ouron High School Host Club
Persona 4: The Animation
Fruits Basket (need to finish this)

Those are off the top of my head, I have a hard time remembering a lot of names of shows for some reason:whistle2:k

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']School Rumble
Ouron High School Host Club
Persona 4: The Animation
Fruits Basket (need to finish this)

Those are off the top of my head, I have a hard time remembering a lot of names of shows for some reason:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

So... A lot of high school comedy.

Have you seen (Suzumiya) Haruhi? Fumoffu? Hayate no Gotoku (last volume would be near impossible to get)? The previously mentioned Squid Girl?

Or go more supernatural with Angel Beats and DRRR!!?

Actually, this is more of a job for Squarehard.

[quote name='elessar123']So... A lot of high school comedy.

Have you seen (Suzumiya) Haruhi? Fumoffu? Hayate no Gotoku (last volume would be near impossible to get)? The previously mentioned Squid Girl?

Actually, this is more of a job for Squarehard.[/QUOTE]

More of a job for the Anitaku. :lol:

If yoy like school comedies, I definitely recommend Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High School.

Today's pickups via mail:

20130409_193754-1.jpg

Via Best Buy's B1G1 Free:

20130409_193729-1.jpg

I hate it when they put stickers on a lenticular slipcover.

And FYE:

20130409_193627-1.jpg

Saint Tail and Get Smart were part of a B1G1 50% Off deal, while IGPX was only $2. Unfortunately, FYE slapped tape and stickers all over Get Smart, ruining the slipcover.

[quote name='elessar123']So... A lot of high school comedy.

Actually, this is more of a job for Squarehard.[/QUOTE]

oh, yeah I watched a bit of Angel Beats. Couldn't really get into it very much, but as it's pretty short I mine as well finish it (about half way through is where I stopped). I've been watching Full Metal Panic, so I might move onto the spin off when I finish S1. Lucky Star was one I forgot to mention I liked, but as it's also a highschool comedy I suppose it doesn't matter. Mostly I watch these through netflix, hulu, youtube and the like, so price isn't a huge factor. I really don't plan on buying a show if I don't really like it (I don't buy much of any TV/Movies). I'll look into Squid Girl, as that seems to be the popular choice;)

Got the games for $0.95 for each.
rawrh.png

[quote name='shawnmelo']
this show looks very suspect with these shirtless dudes on the cover but it is a really good show. I was put off by the cover art for years before I finally watched it and it turned out to be really good and has one of my favorite female characters in any anime.[/QUOTE]

Just the beginning of the intro even is incredibly suspect and my friend almost didn't watch it until I told him there's a very intentional reason the guys are all like that, lol. It is one of my favorite series too, and Sunako is definitely one of my favorite female characters as well. ^__^

[quote name='Squarehard']Got the games for $0.95 for each.
rawrh.png

Just the beginning of the intro even is incredibly suspect and my friend almost didn't watch it until I told him there's a very intentional reason the guys are all like that, lol. It is one of my favorite series too, and Sunako is definitely one of my favorite female characters as well. ^__^[/QUOTE]

that was an epiclly slow loading pic...and I hate you for finding that Paper Mario:drool:one day I'll find a copy...one day

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']that was an epiclly slow loading pic...and I hate you for finding that Paper Mario:drool:one day I'll find a copy...one day[/QUOTE]
I guess after all the GS GCN clearances they're getting pretty rare now as they can't be found as easily anymore just by walking into a GS. :*(

Go stop whatever you're doing and watch Ergo Proxy, then! I just finished it and was very, very impressed. In fact, it is the first show to impress me since I watched through GitS for the first time nearly a year ago. Do keep in mind, though, that I prefer things that are more mature and thought provoking. That is certainly not everyone's taste, so YMMV based on that. =P

[quote name='Squarehard']Got the games for $0.95 for each.

Just the beginning of the intro even is incredibly suspect and my friend almost didn't watch it until I told him there's a very intentional reason the guys are all like that, lol. It is one of my favorite series too, and Sunako is definitely one of my favorite female characters as well. ^__^[/QUOTE]

yeah it literally took me like 2-3 years to finally watch it after not having anything to watch. I'm glad I did because it turned out to be a great series, Sunako is a top 5 female character for me.

FINALLY got the last issue of Nintendo Power
2027B530-E965-41E8-A344-68AF7AEDC1AD-2962-000002447F4D97C6_zpsdfb1cf08.jpg

And who says GS never has good deals? Katana was 50% off the sticker price, and Kamen wasn't too expensive either.
67DAF553-E841-477F-9A2C-9C7E0C9F7D21-2962-000002448585A65C_zps1293206f.jpg

[quote name='Zaku77']Go stop whatever you're doing and watch Ergo Proxy, then! I just finished it and was very, very impressed. In fact, it is the first show to impress me since I watched through GitS for the first time nearly a year ago. Do keep in mind, though, that I prefer things that are more mature and thought provoking. That is certainly not everyone's taste, so YMMV based on that. =P[/QUOTE]

that's been on my list for a long time. I think I might finally start it tonight (if Sound Shapes doesn't draw me back in. Darn those death mode levels);)

Been a while. So far, this is my only physical pick-up this month:

fcmjvm.jpg
Grabbed it at GameStop for $5.39. Kinda disappointed the first one isn't also marked down.

Also picked up Punch-Out!! on the Wii U's Virtual Console for 30 cents.

[quote name='Drclaw411']FINALLY got the last issue of Nintendo Power
2027B530-E965-41E8-A344-68AF7AEDC1AD-2962-000002447F4D97C6_zpsdfb1cf08.jpg

And who says GS never has good deals? Katana was 50% off the sticker price, and Kamen wasn't too expensive either.
[/QUOTE]

Did you find that in circulation for cover price or private sale?

[quote name='needler420']Did you find that in circulation for cover price or private sale?[/QUOTE]

eBay, for eBay prices. Basically the only option at this point.

I spoke too soon. My newest pickups from today!

52clzt.jpg

Picked up Rhythm Heaven Fever from another GameStop. Grabbed the N64 memory card (NOW I CAN SAVE MY DATA IN MYSTICAL NINJA STARRING GOEMON! :D) and the Legacy of Goku dual cart for $10 total at a pawn shop. Oddly enough, the dual cart was $5, but they had Legacy of Goku II by itself for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back