The Official CAG August 2011 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
photokp.jpg

Well, This is technically July + August, but I didn't post last month so I'll put it here.

DSC04800.jpg

Well, Blood Stone is from the Game Stop Weekly Ad deal everyone seemed to use. Crysis 2 I got for 35 with a 20% off coupon Power Up Rewards sent me for my birthday. Pure and Ghost Recon were games I had been interested in and used to get the extra 50%, and King Kong, Lego Batman, and Unreal were from the B2G1 from early July. Halo 2 and KOTOR were from Garage Sales. Both were in huge lots and I sold everything else I got with them, but those decided I wanted to play.

DSC04802.jpg

This I picked up at Game Stop today. I went in knowing what I was going to pre-order, but I was still debating whether or not I was going to gt the controller. I was at the counter after my trades were rung off naming my pre-orders, and I was about to ask to see the controller when the guy (who knows me real well) pulled it down and asked me if I had seen that yet. I told him I had been considering it, and after 30 seconds of looking it over I decided "I'll take it".

I don't really need another controller, I have two, one from a garage sale and the other that came with it, but the fact that I had already been considering it, and seeing it up close and knowing I could afford it, I knew that was something I really wanted. This will also be my only pickup of the month. But wait till you see next month. ;)

Used Burgundy DSi XL from eBay

p81500017u0q.jpg

Singstar Ceramic white PS2 slim bundle from eBay with official 64MB memory card

p81500067ub5.jpg

Good games that were on sale on Amazon or at Gamestop. Got the tarot cards with Tactics Ogre. 999 is such an amazing experience.

p8150008jube.jpg

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Jap), 32 GB Patriot Xporter XT USB flash drive (awesome), Supercard DSTWO (don't worry, I buy my games)

p8150009mu8q.jpg

A couple pickups from the Amazon anime sale. Baccano is great. Haven't watched Gankutsuou yet.

p81500109uj0.jpg

First four volumes of Vagabond in the Vizbig format (12 regular volumes)

p81500119u5j.jpg

Import manga craziness + Wonton Soup

p8150012muc9.jpg

fucking Akira!

p81500139udx.jpg

Looks like you're right. The colors printed on the plastic and the sticker on the back are different from my official cards. It also says, "made in China" instead of Japan. Whatever, I didn't even know the seller was throwing in a memory card. I got a really cheap slim white ps2 in great condition, so I'm happy.

Craigslist pick-up. Paided $20 for it all. Games save, but the Sp has a missing pixel or 2. I'll be flipping most of it.
SAM_0811.jpg

From the same guy on Craigslist. I overpaided on this, but I love Red DS's!
SAM_0812.jpg

My Friend traded this too me for some stuff I wasn't using. It's 25th Anniversary DSi Xl. Complete with fingerprints and glare!
SAM_0813.jpg

Got all this from a Pawn shop. Resident Evil was $10, Ogre Battle was $10, R&R Racing was $5, Chocobo Tales was $5. Metroid was off ebay. Its Sealed and was $13 shipped.
SAM_0810.jpg

Got this from Toys r Us. Never had a Bowser figure so I was excited they finally released one!
SAM_0815.jpg

Finally, all these aren't new, but I am working on boxing my N64 collection.

SAM_0817.jpg

SAM_0818.jpg

IMG_0080-1.jpg

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock bundle from TRU - $30
5 for $20 Blu Ray deal - $40 Never realized Blockbuster had rental only versions with no extras so 500 Days of Summer and Fantastic Mr.Fox I kinda regret getting now.
Tech Romancer - $10

I've already spent more then I wanted this week I can safely say...

[quote name='Drclaw411']ROFL @ wii game as a mouse pad. what game is that?[/QUOTE]

:) The game is Big Brain Academy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Asus USB Wireless N300 Adapter from Amazon
Yakuza 3 and FF XIII from GS.

August pickups for me were slow
MW2 from Goozex

For my bday my wife got me several Walking Dead graphic novels

I really want Deus Ex but I think I"ll wait a few months

Edit Rooted Nook color from CAG and a HP touchpad

Last edited by a moderator:
This month and a few from last month:

IMG_0280.jpg

:ds:Animal Crossing: Wild World x2- $9 Target Clerance
:ds:Kingdom Hearts re:coded- $20 Amazon
:ds:SMT: Devil Summoner- $21 Amazon
:ds:Suiloden Tierkeries- $20 CAG
:ds:Picross 3D- $14 Amazon
:ds:Professor Layton and the Box- $15 Best Buy
:ds:Peggle Dual Shot w/ Slipcover- Goozex 350 pts
:ds:Lego Batman- Goozex 100 points
:ds:Cooking Mama 3 : Shop and Chop- $10 Amazon
:ds:de blob 2- $10 Amazon
IMG_0279.jpg

:psp:Tactics Ogre: LUCT- $15 Amazon
:psp:Dissidia 012- $20 Amazon
:psp:Jeanna d'arc- $10 Best Buy
:psp:God Eater Burst- $20 Best Buy
IMG_0278.jpg

:360:Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit- $16 Origin.com
:360:Dragon Age Origins- $20 Amazon
:wii:The Last Airbender- $5 Target Clearance
:ps3:3D Dot Heroes- $13 Amazon
Little Big Planet Plush- $7 CAG
IMG_0277.jpg

Archer S1- $10 Target, love Aisha Tyler
Pokemon Plushies- From Secret Source for CAG friends
Pokemon Cards- $10 Target
Naruto Figures- more not pictured- $10 CAG

Also not pictured:
:360:Left 4 Dead 2- $10 CAG Lowball
:psp:Ys: Ark of Napatism- $5 GS.com. Want a complete copy so will keep flipping onto Goozex until I get one.
:360:Dungeon Seige 3- $25 Best Buy- Horrible so traded to Amazon for $20 credit.

Also finally got my Serenity Art framed will pick up this week. Just had a lowball some i had the extra money and room to expand my collection.

Cause you are top down and i couldnt see very well
i dont know why i bough it after the boring demo
i just didnt like it after an hour
i shipped it of to Amazon within 3hrs

109_1628.png

Altered Beast Advance came from ebay. Didn't even know it existed until the other day, and I found a copy really cheap. The box isn't in great shape, but it's good enough.

Awesome Elesa pixel art commissioned by deadbodyman11! Yeah, I'm a huge Pokenerd. If you appreciate the quality and workmanship, you should get in touch with dbm and have him make some pixel arts for you.

Couple of random games from a trade and the Ar Tonelico artbook from Udon.

109_1625.png

One Piece Banpresto DX Marines! The set normally includes Sengoku but I made an excellent deal for these with another CAG in exchange for just taking the three admirals.

109_1629.png

picard_facepalm.jpg

@ that cover art. Preordered months ago and forgot it even existed until I got the ship notice. Probably would have canceled otherwise, but now that I have it, guess I'll play it while trying to trade it off here.

Also, this shipped after Xenoblade and yet it's the first one to arrive. lol Zavvi.

DSC04847.jpg

Well, I ended up buying more. Xbox Live Starter Kit because I'm due in a couple months. Left 4 Dead only really cost me $9, and I'll explain why.

About 3 days ago I found Left 4 Dead 2 at a sale. The game disk looks good, but the case is shot beyond words. DO I even need to tell you there was no manual? I want the game, so I decided to keep it, but I want a good case and manual, so I decided to take it to Game Stop and see if they'll let me swap out the case. When I ask him, the guy says the best he can do for me is give me a generic black case. I ask if he has a complete copy and he says yes and grabs it off the shelf. I do rough math and figure it, and in the end after trade bonuses and my PUR 10% off, my trade in copy got 17 and the Game Stop copy cost 25, meaning I am in effect paying 7 for it. A good case and manual is that important to me, so I paid it, and am very happy I got it for 9.

[quote name='anime5ever']new ds games for this month!
6063518798_ec49a56f39_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Anyone else notice the only "new" one with a gamestop sticker on it is damaged? :p

IMG_0081.jpg

Wooden Rock Band guitar from Amazon - $36
1600 MS Points x4 - $60

IMG_0082.jpg

Threadless San Diego Comic Con "Sorry Babe" shirts - $58
Professor Layton and The Curious Village - $12

Remember when I said I was going to slow down on spending this week? Totally lied. Out of no where deals came out the ass and I got a few more packages coming from GoHastings and Amazon.

mh9dg0.jpg

I've been trying to find a sealed set of these controllers for over a year. So excited to finally have them in my possession.

[quote name='The Punisher']what game is that on the bottom left corner?[/QUOTE]

A very shitty RPG IMO. Though I do know some people who liked it. It is a tactical RPG.

[quote name='The Punisher']what game is that on the bottom left corner?[/QUOTE]

isnt is Heroes Saga: Leviathan Tactics?
I see it at my Gamestop all the time and keep walking

Picks up:

IMG_0292.jpg

:ds:Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume- $9.50 Gold Box Amazon
:ds:Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light- $15 Amazon
:ds:Rock Band 3- $5 Target Clerance
:psp:Ys: Oath of Felgana- $15 Amazon, so i dont have to open my CE
:ps3:MLB The Show- $7 Target Clearance
IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Acer Apsire- $279 Best Buy. My best purchase all month. Not bad for $300. Has CD/DVD drvie, burner and does what i want. Though the speakers suck and i spend way too much time surfing the net. Mainly Youtube for KPop videos.

Not pictured:
Ys: Ark of Napatism- $5 GS.com, still looking for a complete copy and will keep flipping to Goozex till i get one.

IMG_0516.jpg

Got the Zelda Standee from my Gamestop :D

IMG_0517.jpg

Deus Ex Augmented Ed (GS), DeathSmiles II LE (CAG), DW Gundam 3 (CAG), Gears (GS), First Templar (Amazon), Kessen II (CAG)

IMG_0518.jpg

Pretty much all Amazon. Cept Angel Beats & House (Those came courtesy of a friend). Got House early :D Deus Ex Guide from GS (I have the CE one on the way from Zavvi as well) :razz:

Now I just have to get me an NTSC-J :360:!!! :D

101_0080.png

PS3/2 stuff from Amazon, CAG, and lolhastings.

101_0077.png

CIB rarities :q

101_0078.png

DS stuff from CAGs.

101_0075.png

And Pokemon plushies! (this is my fifth Zubat

Lately I have been scooping up PS2 games to fill the wholes in my collection before PS2 games vanish from GS. Gamestop's B2G2 sail has put me in Chicken Little mode. I have ran around to several Gamestops near me to pick up what I can before others get to them. I swear all PS2 games are coming to my area though, which is great! ( I have passed on several copies of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, both DDS 1 & 2, and others.) Here are a few jems I managed to find. All are complete.
P4020027.jpg

P4020030.jpg

Prince of Persia TT and Jak and Daxter are not pictured

These are from other sources like ebay or local shops
P4020031.jpg

I am nearing the point where I think I can call my PS2 collection done to my liking. :D

augustu.jpg

Mario Party DS- $14.99
Mario Hoops 3 on 3- $7.49
Yoshi's Island DS- $14.99
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time- $14.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition- MSRP
Oblivion- MSRP

vlnUj.jpg

Went out to specifically buy Just Cause 2, and picked up Midnight Club just because it was there. Ended up really loving Midnight Club, not that into Just Cause 2.

[quote name='Survivalism']

Went out to specifically buy Just Cause 2, and picked up Midnight Club just because it was there. Ended up really loving Midnight Club, not that into Just Cause 2.[/QUOTE]
Same on Just Cause 2. Everyone was telling how there's so much to do in the game, but honestly it all felt really repetitive immediately and the enemies being such top shots led to many annoying deaths.

IMG_0083-1.jpg

Part of my GoHastings Order with more to come
-As I Lay Dying: An Ocean Between Us - $4.50
-Between the Buried and Me: Alaska - $4
-Broken Social Scene: You Forget It In People - $ 3.75
-Broken Social Scene: Feel Good Lost - $2.50
-Combichrist: Everybody Hates You - $6
-Devildriver: The Fury of Our Makers Hand - $2
-Devin Townsend: Ziltoid The Omniscient - $6
-Ministry: The Land of Rape and Honey - $2
-Eagles of Death Metal: Death by Sexy - $3.80
-Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze - $4.75
-Metric: Live at Metropolis - $4.80
-Unearth: Alive From The Apocalypse - $6.25
-Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - $7.75

Not Gaming Related, but i will use it to take pictures of my collection. :)

Finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a new DSLR, the D40 was good but I outgrew its feature set and wanted more. Plus I really wanted Video for the growing baby. So i sold the D40 last week and ordered this directly after i shipped the old one out. Amazon had just lowered the price of the kit $30 and are doing a promo to save money when you pair a new lens and the starter kit was free with camera purchase so all in all i got a pretty good deal. I then splurged for Next Day Air because I am impatient. :)

Nikon D5100 Kit with 18mm-55mm DX VR Lens
Nikon 55mm-300mm DX VR Lens
Nikon Starter Kit w\ Bag and DVD

main.php

main.php

Check out the full camera review here if your interested in the camera or photography at all.

[quote name='theredworm']got these from a used game/video store in town

scaled.php

$5 for each, I'm happy[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I would call you a lucky bastard, but I got FFIII for free from my aunt and found Chrono Trigger for a dollar. But that's really the extent of my luck.

Still, I would have been super excited to get the deal you got.

[quote name='bardockkun']-Eagles of Death Metal: Death by Sexy - $3.80[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='bardockkun']-Devin Townsend: Ziltoid The Omniscient - $6[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='bardockkun']-Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze - $4.75[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Survivalism']Yes.

Yes.

Yes.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Good to know someone else also enjoys the music of Josh Homme. In anycase...

More of my GoHastings order and goddamn Blockbuster sale.

IMG_0085-1.jpg

From the Blockbuster sale I got...

-Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions $10
-Tron: Evolution $10
-007 Blood Stone $8
-Kane & Lynch 2 $8
-Ninety-Nine-Nights 2 $8 (I Kinda regret getting this, but I needed filler and I kept thinking "WAN MEELEAHN TWOOPS!")

Target:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $8

Amazon:
-Hellsing vol. 10 $6 (fuck this final volume!)
-Exit Through The Gift Shop DVD $13

GoHastings:
-3 Inches of Blood: Advance and Vanquish $4
-Crystal Castles: Crystal Castles (II) $5
-Horrorpops: HELL YEAH! $5
-Mastodon: Remission $4
-KMFDM: Beat by Beat by Beat DVD $6

Also renewed my Amazon Prime for $39. That's alot of goddamn spending I've done this week...

Pick Ups? yeah, we got those.

WP_000196.jpg

catherine used $50, El Shaddai $60 both paid for with gamestop credit

WP_000200.jpg

Human Revolution Augmented - paid $40 plus $20 coupon at kmart. (had $30 gift card)

WP_000190.jpg

X-Com: UFO defense. one of the rarest/highest demand PS1 longboxes. Very good condition - $52 -Ebay

WP_000189.jpg

Half Price Books PS1 pickups. Don't remember the prices, between $2 and $5 each.

WP_000185.jpg

$10 PS2 bought at a thrift shop. Was incredibly dirty and didn't work. Cleaned and repaired it, now works like new. Included a network adapter on the back as well.

WP_000184.jpg

came up with a pretty cool way to display longboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back