The Official CAG August 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WP_000209_zps11ba7915.jpg

I have to ask. Do you think this was worth the $50? Last I saw they still had them on Hasbro Toy show, but, I'm not sure.
I have to ask. Do you think this was worth the $50? Last I saw they still had them on Hasbro Toy show, but, I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
2013Aug10pickup_zpsc4c51029.jpg

Pictured

Mangas Were $0.99 at good Will

Xenoblade was $65 after discounts at Gamestop (minty)

PS2 games, Star Ocean, Suikoden 3, Suikoden 4, Suikoden 5, Suikoden Tactics, and .Hack part 2 were from a woman who was taking them to gamestop, got them for $29

Vita game was $1.97 at sears (clearance)

Not Pictured

NES with 2 controllers ,Mario bros / duck hunt, random baseball game $5 (thrift)

I think the price is probably a little high, but it's definitely very well done. I think it looks better in person than any of the photos I've seen and I really enjoy it. I don't have any regrets.

I think the price is probably a little high, but it's definitely very well done. I think it looks better in person than any of the photos I've seen and I really enjoy it. I don't have any regrets.
I was wondering. Because in the pictures the legs (IMO), look kind of tacky. BU\ut I wondered if they looked better in person. Good to know.

Trip to the flea market yielded a copy of Pokemon Yellow for $5. Manage to complete my original trilogy after getting red and blue last weekend at yard sales for $2 a piece.

2Bdwma5.jpg

I also bought a new 7" tablet for use in college.

Swag from Otakon (except Pretear, which was eBay):

20130811_160021-1.jpg

20130811_160123-1.jpg

20130811_160239-1.jpg

20130811_160324-1.jpg

20130811_160629-1.jpg

20130811_160653-1.jpg

20130811_161000-1.jpg

20130811_171443-1.jpg

20130811_171414-1.jpg

20130811_171326-1.jpg

20130811_171251-1.jpg

Oreimo was actually cheaper than Amazon. Only $45 and from the Aniplex booth to boot. Kimera CD I am going to assume was a bonus from the Sentai booth since I didn't buy it and they weren't selling soundtracks.

Struck out thrift store shopping so I got my cheap Playstation game fix between two used media stores.

2wnd30p.jpg

Monster Madness Grave Danger $2.99

Dune 2000 $1.99

Mega Man X4 3.99 

Speed Punks $1.99

I've played it for less than an hour, so far, but Speed Punks seems like lots of fun, especially for an old kart racing game.

Struck out thrift store shopping so I got my cheap Playstation game fix between two used media stores.

2wnd30p.jpg

Monster Madness Grave Danger $2.99

Dune 2000 $1.99

Mega Man X4 3.99

Speed Punks $1.99

I've played it for less than an hour, so far, but Speed Punks seems like lots of fun, especially for an old kart racing game.
You also picked up the best Mega Man X game, so good job there!

Got myself a Wii U a couple weeks ago and it came w/ 4 games (Mario, Blops 2, Nintendo Land and Monster Hunter so ignore the used game stickers haven't took em off yet) and I also bought a bunch on sales and some 3DS games.

IMG_03621.jpg

IMG_03631.jpg

IMG_03641.jpg

I got Tales at Gamestop because I had a $10 off used game thing so got it for like 17. Tank, Adventure Time and Most Wanted was from the 3 for $30 at TRU, Tekken Tag 2 I got from a lowball here on CAG, and Sonic Racing & Ninja Gaiden were 18-20 each from the Gamefly sale. I'm extremely happy with all of these games. I beat Mario and Ninja Gaiden (oh my god in heaven was that game frustrating) and am currently playing Sonic & Most Wanted. I hate having backlogs... but it's the perk/killer of getting a new system! I love my Wii U to death. Such an underrated gaming system.

I got Tales at Gamestop because I had a $10 off used game thing so got it for like 17.
I REALLY wish all the GameStops by me didn't throw out the used 3DS boxes. I honestly don't know why they'd do that, yet they have a bunch of used DS boxes left.

:l

20130812_181224-1.jpg

20130812_181158-1.jpg

Got all these at a local import/used game shop where all Blu-rays were B1G1 50% off. All of these cost just under $50 total. Indiana Jones was the most expensive at $20.

$41.65 after Kmart giftcards, Shop Your Way Rewards points. Plus I get points back for SYWR, MyPoints, and Plink!

Update (8-14-13)- somehow I managed to earn $31 of SYWR points from this order. So basically I just paid $10 for all 3 games!!

Ooh, good pickup. A little surprised it was not relicensed.

Anyway, got my replacement Tylor OVA set:

20130814_232156-1.jpg

Also got these using FYE's B1G1 50% off sale plus my Backstage Pass. Ended up paying a little over $100 for all this:

20130814_232314-1.jpg

20130814_232418-1.jpg

20130814_232548-1.jpg

Funny thing about Nura. Bought used, took off the FYE shrinkwrap, and found...more shrinkwrap! Yea, they went all GameStop and just made a new copy Used.

Still slowly adding to the Genesis collection. Not a whole lot that I have to own though. Not trying to get all the common crappy licensed games, or the sports games so the library is getting near the end for me. Still not wanting to dive into SNES collecting full force again as the prices just suck. Got this for $17.00 shipped. Only really need a for more Shmups before I may have to get into a few repros.

oQi82pE.jpg

Got Sonic Generations for the PS3 complete for $10 at a local pawnshop, these guys sell all there PS3 games for $10 no mater the age!

Suikoden mangas and Suikoden 4 pre-order art book from ebay ~$30
Gamestop used 20% off coupon + PUR
wii.gif
 My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold   $13  
wii.gif
Dokapon Kingdom  $18

Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi EXTRA Limited Edition (PS3). Very excited to finally be able to play this game!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLg79o9SLw

^^^ I wish Rising Star Games, or someone else, would bring over more Cave shooters over to NA.

So all the stuff in this post I got through credit gained by trading garage sale/flea market/ Craigslist extras. So none of my actually money was spent on this stuff, besides the initial investment of the different lots from wherever I got them.

LoZ:LA is "complete" but it has the wrong kind of tray. If anyone else know what other cheap game has a clear plastic tray I would be much obliged.

Picked up Ninety-Nine Nights because it was cheap and Viva Pinata is the only game my girlfriend wants for the system. I am glad I finally have a 360 that is staying in my collection. the R2-D2 noises are pretty fun. Only down side to this is that it doesn't have the Kinect that came with the system.

Gears 3 was the gamestop clearance price.

I got this in a trade for a Dreamcast I had with a fellow collector. Lolo 3 has a terrible crack right in the middle of the case.

found this on Craigslist for $150. Picked it up even though I already have one. This should make nice trade bait.

And from the coolest Gamestop I got this stuff after preordering Pokemon games. The Pikmin 3 patches look really well made.

Long time since I've been on CAG. Just picked up Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition. Also picked up a used copy of Resident Evil 6 Archives for 360 for $15 at Gamestop after using my Edge card. I thought it was worth it since it came with the Degeneration movie. Just for kicks, though, I tried redeeming the codes and they all worked!

20130817_164101-1.jpg

20130817_164129-1.jpg

20130817_164258-1.jpg

20130817_164323-1.jpg

20130817_164406-1.jpg

20130817_164449-1.jpg

Got all these at MovieStop with their 20% discount. Fun thing about Black Butler, somebody took the DVDs for Season 2 and replaced them with the Blu-rays for Season 1, so I have both Season 1 and Season 2 on Blu-ray for about $25.

Sold these turds...

null_zps79110106.jpg

Bought these turds with the $$$ from the above turds :)

null_zps53f0485e.jpg

Also got these in the mail. Soldering time!

null_zps2d460859.jpg

Nightmare Busters, Firemen, Megaman & Bass, FF4 & FF6 (localized JP versions). Woo-hoo!

Plus I have 2 micros on the way. My collection is just that much closer to complete...

Well had a fun day at the Flea Market and the surrounding area. Nothing gaming related but I did get a few things. Picked up a set of Boston Acoustics HD8 Speakers for $50. Funny story really. I picked up the Philips receiver pictured below along with the HD8's for $100. Been looking for a nice vintage setup and these helped me out greatly. I also got the Yamaha Tuner earlier for $5 and am using it because of that. But then took a trip to the thrift stores I usually stopped at and found a ton of older Boston speakers there as well. Got a pair of the HD7's for $10 and decided I am going to convert my surround setup to all Boston speakers when 5.1. Pretty happy with the pickups. No pictures of the speakers but they are on the older side like 1990 and the HD7's will need a refoaming before I can use them. I did hook up the HD8's to the front R/L on my surround and they produce a beautiful sound.

b7reF1T.jpg

Also got these two movies at Best Buy.

WPEHqsC.jpg

Nothing spectacular but a few items to add to the backlog nonetheless.

2u94is3.jpg

Dante's Inferno - complete - $1.99 @ Goodwill

Hori PS Vita screen protector - $2.99 @ Best Buy (clearance)

Rocketfish PS Vita starter kit - $2.99 @ Best Buy (clearance)

Spectral Force 3 - complete - $6.29 @ GS after PUR, forgot to use birthday coupon

I managed to find one of these babies, a Total Control 3, at a video game store in the city. It was marked $15, but the clerk sold it to me for $5, as it was more of a clearance item for them. I at first thought there was a problem with it, but the connector on the box has to be pushed all the way in for a snug fit. I played a few rounds of Marvel vs Capcom 1, and it works fantastic!

The Sega CD currently hooked up is fresh out of repairs. Picked it up for $20 and it was continulously ejecting the cd no matter what I did. So I of course took it apart, and found a chunk of plastic taken out of the guide that helps lift the laser assembly into place. Fixed that with some JBWeld PlasticWeld. Still had some issues so I replaced the belt, wiped off the laser and got myself another working Sega CD Model 1. Here it is pictured next to it's older brother that I also had to fix but got for $15 several years ago.

stfZdV8.jpg

Hmm not a lot of action. Anyways, I don't normally like to buy Sega CD games disc only but I've been wanting these two for a while and jumped at the opportunity. Managed to get Popful Mail for $45 and Lunar for $15. I am going to keep my eyes open for some cases though as I still hate the lack of original cases on these two.

gRPTAsq.jpg

Hmm not a lot of action. Anyways, I don't normally like to buy Sega CD games disc only but I've been wanting these two for a while and jumped at the opportunity. Managed to get Popful Mail for $45 and Lunar for $15. I am going to keep my eyes open for some cases though as I still hate the lack of original cases on these two.
The DVD cases do look quite nice though. I don't get what possessed Sega to release those original Sega CD and Saturn cases in the first place.

Anime is here!

328m.jpg

5ju9.jpg

and recently I've become addicted to picking up NISA Premium Editions, so yeah...

ujkd.jpg

They're kind of a nightmare to put on a shelf, but luckily I've made it work, also I can't resist picking them up. T____T

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back