The Official CAG August 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
x5wm.jpg

There is another human being on the planet that knows about this show? I loved this show when I was little, but I have never spoken to anyone else that knew it existed!!
I actually missed out on the show when it first aired, so I have never seen it. As TVShowsOnDVD can tell you, though, fan demand is quite high for this.

Got these using a combination of FYE's B2G1 Free Used promo, FYE's 30% Off coupon, and the Backstage Pass membership:

20130829_193344-1.jpg

20130829_193442-1.jpg

20130829_193414-1.jpg

20130829_193750-1.jpg

Young Justice was new, but mis-marked so I got it for $8.

hehe posted in the wrong thead. its hidden in collection now.

my pickup for today.  I got dups and no shiny so I think I will pick up another batch tomorrow from a different GS

IMAG0543.jpg

How much does a whole box go for? Is gamestop the only places selling these?
as far as I know, at 2 different gamestop, they just scan one 18 times so there is no discount so $72+ tax.

gamestop is the only place that sell them.

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as I know, at 2 different gamestop, they just scan one 18 times so there is no discount so $72+ tax.

I'm really surprised those figures aren't at Toywiz or Amazon or something... There has to be a better way to get these things.

Wow so you spent $144 on those two boxes and no shiny? That sucks.

Well hopefully when I go pick some up I get the ones I really want and no dupes.

the box is design to sit on the counter. I dunno, perhaps some of the fun is lost when you buy a random capsule online. 

maybe there is an issue with returns. Seem obvious that I can't return this, but I wonder what the policy/law is.

Wow so you spent $144 on those two boxes and no shiny? That sucks.

Well hopefully when I go pick some up I get the ones I really want and no dupes.
yea... :( I am pretty relax usually and don't care about this that much, but stuff like this is design to mess with your emotion/urge to collect/catch 'em all and boy, even I was quite pissed when I opened the last one and it was not a shiny... my heart sank and sank with each capsule opened and then suddenly filled with rage :)

will you be picking up a box ? what are you looking for?

yea... :( I am pretty relax usually and don't care about this that much, but stuff like this is design to mess with your emotion/urge to collect/catch 'em all and boy, even I was quite pissed when I opened the last one and it was not a shiny... my heart sank and sank with each capsule opened and then suddenly filled with rage :)

Yea I know. I got that feeling when opening the TCG packs. My heart sank when I didn't get a specific card or a rare shiny/foil card.

No unfortunately don't have the money for a box but I'm just looking for the legendaries and lucario. The others are a low priority but I will obviously pick them up :)

Will try to get some this weekend. Hopefully I get a shiny or at least a mew/two

I've gotta look into this Rumble U thing. Is this Pokemon's big answer to Skylanders that was being talked about?

I never got into Skylanders... seemed like a huge money sink and a huge space hog... but I do love me some Pokmeon (despite not having played the main game since Red/Blue.)

Kinda. Gameplay is similar to previous Rumble games. The figures use the WiiU Gamepad instead of a brand new base though.

I've gotta look into this Rumble U thing. Is this Pokemon's big answer to Skylanders that was being talked about?

I never got into Skylanders... seemed like a huge money sink and a huge space hog... but I do love me some Pokmeon (despite not having played the main game since Red/Blue.)
If you haven't played a Pokemon Rumble game, you can at the very least demo the first WiiWare release for free to get a feel for the game. It's more or else a button masher, and instead of leveling up your main characters, you collect stronger Pokemon toys as you go. It's great if you have four players (more akin to the old school Gauntlet play style, but even more simplistic), though not as great for solo play.

Reminds me when I was 12 and would waste my parents money on pokemon booster packs until I got a shiny holographic.

That's how so many people end up with dupes of the commons is because they were chasing that rare.

The monetary value is based on the current fad and intrinsic value. So as soon as the fad dies down the value of the rare collectibles will probably drop in price.

The only video game I picked up this month was Ni no Kuni for $19.99 shipped on amazon. Cheapest its been so I can rest it in my backlog with peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back