The Official CAG December 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck keeping games sealed.
359582.jpg

Hi wiggy.

I can't lie, I keep games sealed until I play them (when I buy new games, which isn't terribly often). It actually serves as a helpful reminder that I haven't played that particular game, no matter how much I try and convince myself that I have. That gram or two of plastic ensures that I can't lie to myself about it :p

Anyway, here are some games that are most definitely not sealed.

null_zps961cd2ac.jpg

(The remote isn't a pickup)

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep them sealed until I play them too. Frankly, as much as I'm against sealed games, if sealed copies happen to shoot up in price I can sell the sealed copy and pick up a open one. Did it last year with Okamiden.

Some recent cheap gamestop purchases. My Wii collection is almost at a hundred now. I also picked up a Balance Board ($13.49) to use with Wii Fit U. I went to one gamestop and they were completely out, I went to another one a few minutes away and the guy said they had over 70. I mentioned the other one being out and he said he would ship a bunch over there. I'm sure they'll be excited to get those big bulky things in. 

I keep them sealed until I play them too. Frankly, as much as I'm against sealed games, if sealed copies happen to shoot up in price I can sell the sealed copy and pick up a open one. Did it last year with Okamiden.
i like this. sometimes a good flip is worth it and some people really like to have sealed games. if i have a sealed game and havent opened it to play it, then i guess i didnt want to play it that bad?

i was merely suggesting that old boy and his girl get what they can out of a sealed game (they collect so that adds to 'collectorsyou value') and continue to look for one thats opened to play because of their collective collectingness.

sealed or not, go play a game everyone!

Latest Pick Ups. 2nd time I saw Magna Carta 2 at Gamestop. Decided to pick it up. Just a dozen or so games and I'm done with collecting for the 360.

Always wanted to play Crossfire, despite how bad it is.  And Dead or Alive 4. Just wanted another fighter.

Downloads: Liberation Maiden & Crimson Shroud

Some recent cheap gamestop purchases. My Wii collection is almost at a hundred now. I also picked up a Balance Board ($13.49) to use with Wii Fit U. I went to one gamestop and they were completely out, I went to another one a few minutes away and the guy said they had over 70. I mentioned the other one being out and he said he would ship a bunch over there. I'm sure they'll be excited to get those big bulky things in.
damn, just check, wii balance board is cheap...

I already have one from when it first release but at this price, might just go pick up another as backup. I haven't really start playing wii fit u, but the fit meter is neat, been wearing it as I go about my business.

Wow, I remember Black Throne on the SNES. Awesome game!

Everything I got during the two weeks of Black Friday / Cyber Monday / etc. It's fairly long so get comfy. ;)

video
Since you mention The Island, have you ever watched Logan's Run? It's the original movie from way back in the '60s that The Island is loosely based off of. Similar idea but lots of differences. I think I saw The Island first, but really enjoyed Logan's Run more.

A new Logan's Run remake and video game related: Bioshock creater Ken Levine Takes on Logan's Run

Black Friday/ Christmas presents. All came from the recent sales.

Not sure if I am done Christmas shopping. Might get some 3DS games since I only have Zelda and its not even a physical copy. Also Leaving country for a month shorty after the holidays so I need something to keep me busy for 1-2 months.

I won a lot of stuff(37 auctions won total) in a local auction today. Spending about $1200 after fees, and got some very cheap stuff.

Some of the highlights:

4-Neo Geo X Limited Edition -$76 for everything

3DS and a 3DS XL -$59 for both

I will try to upload some pics on Wednesday(picking it all up on Tuesday).

From SecondSpin:

20131216_193807-1.jpg

20131216_194226-1.jpg

20131216_194311-1.jpg

20131216_194334-1.jpg

20131216_194425-1.jpg

Charmed was $60, Entourage was $50. Sadly, Charmed's box is falling apart.

From RightStuf (except Transformers, which was FYE):

20131216_194913-1.jpg

20131216_194850-1.jpg

20131216_194806-1.jpg

20131216_194736-1.jpg

20131216_194605-1.jpg

From goHastings:

20131216_194134-1.jpg

From FoxConnect (which took, like, 2 months to ship):

20131216_194053-1.jpg

20131216_193940-1.jpg

20131216_193912-1.jpg

From MovieStop B3G1 Free:

20131216_200337-1.jpg

20131216_200251-1.jpg

From local game shop's B1G1 free sale:

20131216_200956-1.jpg

Not really a "pickup" but a GS mgr I know was getting rid of a lot of his extras from his personal collection so all this stuff was free:

BLOCK SPRITES!!! Portal guns and figures are awesome, but these immediately became the eye catchers of my game room. I love the way they look...fantastic!

Master Chief, as he appears in Halo 2600
null_zps7f2ae646.jpg

Red, as he appears in Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue
null_zpsc323095d.jpg

Mario, as he appears in Super Mario Bros 3 with Raccoon leaf power up
null_zps7c9d0e44.jpg

Rayman, as he appears in Rayman for PS1
null_zps92692ea0.jpg

Hmm, I seem to have gone a bit steelbook happy lately. Some of these are from Black Friday, but I forgot to take a picture. I've really been on a bit of a Blu-Ray binge as of late. Not a lot that I've wanted on the gaming front. And yes, I know my FF6 doesn't match the other 5. I prefer that version of it.

cnycUJE.jpg

sqfvSB0.jpg

I've mentioned before that I've decided to work on a complete Wii game collection so I've been scouring local gamestops for complete cheap games since there is a B2G1 this week. All this (42 games) was around $60.

DAT SHOVELWARE! A complete Wii collection sounds terrible to be honest. I wouldnt even copy most of those to my modded Wiis portable HDD, waste of space! Too each their own.........I guess.....

More movies. These are from Amazon's B2G1 free on WB titles. I think they cost me around $48 after a coupon on Amazon as well.

E7sTQIZ.jpg

Yeah, if you are going to collect the Wii, now is definitely the time.  Many titles are cheap enough and the supply is starting to decline in local GameStops.  I personally wouldn't consider buying half of the games Questyen picked up recently, but the other half is pretty good.  Even better when you consider the price on those is around $2-3 bucks for a complete title.

According to the Wikipedia page: "As of May 23, 2013 this list has 1222 games."

Now I realize that's not just NA games and includes JP & PAL titles but still.

That's a lot of games to collect.  Many of which are truly crap.

Picked up a Xbox 360 Play and Charge kit today since 2 of my battery packs died. I also got around to entering all the little McDonalds Xbox One promo codes I had. Ended up with 4 months of Xbox Live Gold, 3 downloadable episodes of Fox HD shows, 3 copies of Ms Splosion Man, and I think 4 copies of The Maw. Free stuff for buying food I was already going to get!

This will be my last batch for this B2G1 sale. I'm pretty sure I've removed all the complete under $2 Wii games in the 10 or so Gamestops within 10 minutes of me. 

I got this to use so I can keep my zelda bundle sealed. I always wanted a zelda
LE handheld. Now I can play all the new 1st party Nintendo games.

I still dont own a single DS/3DS physical game.

My theory was instead of getting a screen protector and case was to just use the funds and get a 2nd bundle to store away in case one breaks type of thing. While the sales were going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back