The Official CAG December 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2387.jpg

Superman 64 is such a great game.
Quest 64 is way better.
When I first decided to just go for a full loose set, buying really crappy games and a TON of sports titles just felt really odd. But now that I've been at it for a couple of months, I don't even think about it.

• Go to store
• Check N64 collect app on phone
• Cross-check prices on amazon/eBay
• Buy what's priced fairly

I'm trying to make sure to save something über common for my last pickup so that I can do so locally and without any hesitation (which is why I've made sure to take care of ALL the really expensive stuff beforehand). I think it'll be really satisfying to walk into one of the many "The Exchange" stores and pickup that copy of Gretzky hockey or NFL Blitz :)

No slipcovers!
Unfortunately. :( But I'm not too anal about that.

When I first decided to just go for a full loose set, buying really crappy games and a TON of sports titles just felt really odd. But now that I've been at it for a couple of months, I don't even think about it.

• Go to store

I'm trying to make sure to save something über common for my last pickup so that I can do so locally and without any hesitation (which is why I've made sure to take care of ALL the really expensive stuff beforehand). I think it'll be really satisfying to walk into one of the many "The Exchange" stores and pickup that copy of Gretzky hockey or NFL Blitz :)
It's k. I have my share of bad games.

When I firstconclusioned to just go for a full loose set, buying really crappy games and a TON of sports titles just felt really odd. But now that I've been at it for a couple of months, I don't even think about it.
• Go to store
The only satisfaction out of that is having a complete NA collection. I got most of the popular first
party titles over the last few years right before prices inflated on popular retro games, I gave up on trying to complete a full collection. More then half of N64
library is shovelware and can be bought cheap anyway. I just came to the conclusion that there is no point in getting games I would
never want to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up some blu ray movies.
Silver lining playbook , wolf Wall Street, fast collection,edge of tomorrow from target.
Best buy- Castlevania Los 2, beyond 2 souls, lungi mansion, Pokemon x

I just picked up today a xbox 360 gears of war console with two controllers. The condition is good with light scratches when looking closely with light. Does not come with power supply. I plug it in and everything works fine. It makes load noise when a disc is inside or when playing by disc. Also, half of the xbox 360 seal is broken, but the ssn# matches to the console and yes I connected to xbox live. Can anyone tell me if the noise is normal or is that a hidden sign that something maybe wrong? Is there a reason why someone would open the xbox console? Again, I'm able to get on xbox live. I got it for $75. Not sure how I did or if I got rip off.

28t999d.jpg

Blu rays are from BBY, Games from BBY, Killzone Sears

vz8w2g.jpg

fnquwz.jpg

I don't know they uploaded sideways but oh well.
If you used a phone to take those pictures, sometimes you need to rotate them prior to submitting it.

I know my iphone does this with all my photos, and it's annoying as hell because it doesn't look sideways when I view it on my computer, but once it's posted somewhere it gets rotated.

My android does it every once in awhile. Not every time, so I forget to check sometimes. I have screen rotation off, so I'm guessing it's a bug that lets it slip through once every 50 or so pictures.

If you used a phone to take those pictures, sometimes you need to rotate them prior to submitting it.

I know my iphone does this with all my photos, and it's annoying as hell because it doesn't look sideways when I view it on my computer, but once it's posted somewhere it gets rotated.
This is exactly what happened. Thanks to whoever fixed the pics btw.

Anime is from Righstuff.

Back to the Future was from Amazon for 15. Excited about this one.

Vita Game was from Ebay. 

Finished up this Marvelous cart today. Not the simplest game to put together, but I think it was worth it. Been itching to play this game for a long time, and it's just too text heavy to play in Japanese.

70CD6834-8EEC-4420-A350-B6D67128C201.jpg

Thanks to a fellow on NA for these. The SFC is immaculate. Did not expect that. Been wanting a boxes SFC forever, and in my quest to own all useless Nintendo hardware, I had to grab the iQue. Also seriously pristine. Thing looks like a crappy router or something, but the build quality is right on par with anything else Nintendo. Pretty impressive, as I was expecting it to be more like a knockoff product (despite it being a legitimate piece of hardware). Have wanted an spice 'Cube for a long time as well. This sucker's even pre-modded. Woot! Just gotta grab a spice GBP to go along with it now :)

5F8F3AE0-A853-43B3-ABE8-FF39A98085A3.jpg

CBD20AC9-A729-4EB6-902F-765669EFA96C.jpg

Crysis 2 - $9.96 - Walmart
Crysis 3 - $10.xx - GoHastings
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition - $19.99 - Amazon (Black Friday)

Assassin's Creed Rogue - $35 - Amazon (Black Friday)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 LE - $4.60 - JJ Games

Battlefield 3 - $2.99 - Gamestop

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - $29.99 - Microsoft Store (Black Friday)

Destiny - $31.xx - GoHastings (Cyber Monday)

Deadpool - $10.xx - GameFly

Elgato Game Capture HD - $60 - Craigslist

[attachment=10596:20141213_125409~2.jpg]
Destiny shirt from gamestop $5 bought two
HTC desire 510 $99.99
$10 psn card

From Best Buy:

Using Arrow for $30 and GoT for $80 sale:

Using B1G1 40% Off:

Amiibo from TRU, everything else from FYE:

Sin & Punisemt was sold as used in "good" condition, but is seriously brand new. These contacts have clearly never touched a console :D

Everything else is just working me one step closer to full loose set. Need 83 carts now, and I'm doing my best to make sure that they just get cheaper as I go. By the time I get down to 50 or so carts, what remains should easily be $5 or less per game :)

93D0EB1E-7A18-4CC8-BD16-391AAFDA845C.jpg

A few gifts for myself.  The CD is the new Foo Fighters.  Fire stick was only $19 from a pre-order awhile back. Bought Dark Souls guide when it hit a crazy low price on Amazon.  With no rush shipping credits and Amazon credit it was $0.00 out of pocket.  Has a slight rip in plastic but will probably open it once I get the game at my $10 price point.  Sometime next year.  Beyond Two Souls $9.99 at Target with K-Mart price match. Used $4 in Shopkick GC to make it $6 plus tax out the door.  Searched all Target, WM and BBY in my town for Castlevania to price match K-Mart but they were all OOS.  So I decided to go ahead with GF even though I hate the chips.  $13 and sure enough it came with chips.  You win some, you lose some.  Pretty sweet deals for me.  I've wanted all these things for awhile but was patient for cheap prices and it paid off.

gallery_354731_8422_455123.jpg

Fullmetal and The Wind Rises was from GoHastings. Wind Rises didn't come with the slip cover. :( The other one came from Amazon. 

Hyperdimension was from Ebay. Gold Headset was $30 from Sears 

New Loot Crate- The Joker-Batman Batman POP figure, Dancing Groot socks, Tetris sticker set, Batman Endgame comic, 30 day Crunchyroll trial, Ghostbusters door hanger, Simpsons character wallet, Captain America air freshener, button, broken candy cane.

Also got Battlefield 4 PC download from GS for $5 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back