The Official CAG December 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2410.jpg

Those Buld-a-Bear ponies are really cute. I've gotten my niece quite a few of them. What do you think of Celestia? I'm thinking about getting her that one for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Buld-a-Bear ponies are really cute. I've gotten my niece quite a few of them. What do you think of Celestia? I'm thinking about getting ger that one for Christmas.
Yea, we were actually ordering them (as proxy) for our niece, but ended up completing our set too. There was a deal that made it $30-35 shipped for 2 ponies, due to stackable coupons. The niece now also has the set (minus the three crusaders and Trixie, the latter we're also missing).

As for Celestia, she's actually really pretty. It turned from a "get it for completeness" to "it's a lot nicer than most of the main ponies."

She's a little taller than the other ponies though.

I have not posted here in forever but this pickup was pretty cool. I just recently moved to the Columbus Ohio area. The one thing I hate about their Goodwill stores here, besides their lack of a toy isle, is that they most likely put anything video game related in this silent/ live auction thing. So there is never any major score when it comes to video game related items since they get bid up really quickly (either people don't know/ they are resellers thinking they are worth more/ or other collectors. They have a whole week to see what they have). Anyway all this stuff I got here was from one of those auctions. The silent auction goes on through the week where anyone, including what I think are fake bidders, can bid up the lot. Then Saturday begins the live auction where the bidding starts off from the silent auction. This lot when I last saw it before the live auction (a day before) was at $126. When the live auction started it began $290. Up to this point there was a Dreamcast lot, a Game Gear lot, and a Vita that had a lot of bidding wars between what looked like other collectors. So when the bidding started I went to $291 where I thought I would be quickly outbid and I would tag out soon after. To my delight and dismay no one else bid on the lot and I had won. Afterwards I did the math and it came out to $11.55 a game. (I paid after tax $312 and their were 27 games total)

I thought I uploaded a photo of all the stuff before I traded in most of it but these pictures here are a what I kept or had a duplicate of afterwards.

Complete:

Stuff I know that I had before the trade: Both SNES Carmen Sandiego games, Super Battletank War in the Gulf, Lemmings, The Jungle Book,, Sim Earth, and other no name games.

Missing the cartridge :(

Luckily I have most of these loose to make complete copies.

Loose:

I know I had Donkey Kong Country 1, Wave Race 64, and  another game I can't remember that I traded in.

I decided that I would trade in the duplicates (some stuff are pictured) and the games I didn't want, to get my money back or something else I wanted. The store offered me a significant amount more in credit for the junky games I didn't want. I ended up keeping the duplicate of Brain Lord and got a PS4 with the trade ins and $55 out of my pocket. I might sell the PS4 on Craigslist since the games I want on it aren't out yet.

In conclusion:

I got a PS4 a bunch of boxed SNES games, Boxes to complete loose copies of Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Game Boy, and a copy of Brain Lord to sell on eBay which seems to have doubled its value last time I check on my own copy all for $367. I would say that is a pretty good haul.

After being delayed who knows how many times, this finally showed up in the mail last night:

While conflicted in what pose he should be in, I think I may just switch them up when I feel like it, but for now:

:bomb: :bomb: That Marth.
yeah, it was just chilling in the backroom at my target last weekend. i came in to work and typed the dpci in and it said we had one and i went back there and grabbed it and the end of my shift lol. it was sitting back there for weeks and i didnt even know it

I am not going to open it at the moment. Ill probably let it hang around for awhile. 

Christmas gifts- $100 and a winter hat from grandma, giftcards to TacoBell/Subway/Target, 2 print tshirts since you can never have to many of those, pair of blue/plaid pj pants, some finger traps, these little metal clackers you throw in the air and they sound like locust, a $2 winner scratchers lottery ticket, 6 pack of beer, one of those retro phones that you plug into a smart phone, and a bunch of free games for my Nvidia Shield from Amazon App Store and some Steam keys from Dirty Little Helper. And as far as I know so far 2 new tires for my car.......dad didnt mention if those were Christmas gifts......but he didnt mention paying him back......

Presents (digital gift card not pictured)
OX9ciy0.jpg

(Was told they weren't getting me a Lego Black Gate, so I ordered one earlier. Now I have two...)

From the HLJ sale:
CGvfvgk.jpg

Mostly from going out today. Rhino's from the zoo yesterday.
gTRO8MF.jpg

Not a pickup, but took a picture of my cat yesterday. Just really like the picture.
CKHhY6v.jpg

gallery_354731_8422_746801.jpg

Cartwheel app plus Wal Mart price match and $2 Shopkick netted me Watch Dogs for $8.  Killer deal on the Tim Burton collection for $22.xx on Amazon.  Needed to upgrade my Pulp Fiction to blu ray.

Pick-ups from the end of November and December. Got most of the common Amiibos (used the Kongregate coupon). "Calling" on the  Wii was surprisingly cheap on Amazon o_O. Used expiring Dell giftcards on the Wii U games (besides on Cap Toad). Paid off the Pokemon and Smash (when they were available) with Amazon Giftcards.

[attachment=10951:IMG_0881.JPG]

I bought a Pit Amiibo from Entertainment Earth.com, do any of you know if that place is trustworthy ? I'm kinda regretting it right now lol

I need to post a photo of my purchases :) 

I'm still waiting on a few things to be delivered :p  Backordered stuff finally coming. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back