The Official CAG January 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play 'Alice: Madness Returns' so f'in bad! LOL Best warning or best warning ever?!
I would go with "Best Warning Ever" lol. It actually got me to rent it way back because I Am Possessed By Satan Listen to too much Gorgoroth was intrigued by such a label.

dood, Alice MR is totally awesome. I very rarely ever buy a "New" game, let alone pre order a game. But I wanted to support the project, and dropped the cash for a pre order. Never regretted it one bit. Its a shame how EA treated the property, and it has this cult following now where used copies are not very cheap. If you see it, grab it for sure!

Picked up a few games thrift shopping this weekend and also snagged kingdoms of amalur and metal gear rising at blockbuster.
3F206DD5-9F5E-441E-9ED1-369E491F7146-1666-00000365D15D01C0_zps49d4d44d.jpg

I think I'm nuts, and this was all in one day and doesn't even include my accidental purchase of Mass Effect 2 again with Lost Planet and Dead Space 2:

photo2_zpsb0d937fd.jpg
photo1_zps5d061a41.jpg

photo3_zps365b03a3.jpg

Apologies for titled, but I figured it wasn't too bad!

Went to an indie games store called Level 1 Games in the Tuttle Crossings Mall in Dublin, OH.  Great store, lots of stuff from every year of video games, reasonable prices, and friendly staff.

Picked up two games for original Xbox: Forza Motorsport for $3.99 and TimeSplitters 2 for $7.99.  Nice little finds.

My start to the year..

5KFzieq.jpg

Have a Nexus 4 - Love it but felt like I wanted a bigger screen and removable battery. Got the Note 2 pretty cheap so will try it for a while then just flip if I don't like..

Best Buy B2G1. Unfortunately, only Lolipop Chainsaw came in complete. Demon's Souls and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 came in incomplete.  Now I have to find boxart and manuals for that. Oh well. I only intended to get UMVC 3, but with a $15 cert, I can deal with it. 

I gots the Digimon! $63 for the set, definitely worth it in my opinion. Rahxephon was $16 shipped Forgot to order it on Righstuf, but this makes up for it. Definitely one of my favorite mecha series. 

20140113_190345-1.jpg

Gai-Rei-Zero was one of those NewUsed copies from GoHastings.

20140113_190534-1.jpg

There needs to be a DVD law that clamshell packages cannot be used for sets 6 discs and under. Disappointed Monster Rancher came in that kind of case.

20140113_192524-1.jpg

20140113_192557-1.jpg

I don't buy many American graphic novels so I was highly unprepared for how freaking huge this thing was.

First Pick ups of the new year!

1t7r.jpg

Really diggin the Michelangelo shirt, my little brother wanted the GTMario one so I picked that up too. Looking foward to trying out Ryse now that I'm done with DR3

At a local game store yesterday I found:

Saiyuki: Journey West (PS1): $10.99

Vagrant Story (PS1): $13.99

Not steals or anything but solid prices on both, both are complete in very nice condition. I needed them so picked them up.

20140116_221147-1.jpg

20140116_221219-1.jpg

To Love Ru was from GoHastings, everything else from DVDPlanet. Sadly, both Pet Girl and Maken-Ki had broken cases. I have plenty of 3-disc DVD cases from my Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto sets, but I need to buy more 3-disc Blu-ray cases.

Commander F. Shepard arrived last week -- i just opened it. I like the figure, but i still prefer the red hair version of it. 

2pza8v7.jpg

Renegade for life!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For $160 a friend sold me a Phillips CD-I system with 18 "games" (pictured below) along with a complete copy of Rez for PS2

I'm not too interested in the education stuff, but i'm definitely gonna have some fun with the FMV adventure games, Hotel Mario, and of course, Link Faces of Evil.  I remember messing with this thing all the time at Blockbuster, so there definitely is some nostalgia to it already.

I watched R.O.D a long time ago and I loved it. Now I own it. Yay. :lol: :D One of the Employees wanted it, and was sad when he saw that I was at the register. 

Went to Half Price Books in Mentor, OH and bought a purple GameCube bundled with 3 original controllers and a 251 memory card for $22.50, after a 10% coupon.  Great day!

The Red Wii bundle I got off ebay everything is in like new condition and the Wii Sports is still sealed. I mainly got it because I needed a red wiimote and nunchuk for my Wii collection and I can use a Wii in my computer room where I do most of my gaming because my wife hogs the Wii U in the living room. 

The ACDC and UDraw set I got from amazon warehouse deals for $7 and $6. 

Are the red Wiis worth anything? A local Walmart still has 2 in stock. I look at em every time I'm there and they haven't budged an inch in months.

Are the red Wiis worth anything? A local Walmart still has 2 in stock. I look at em every time I'm there and they haven't budged an inch in months.
Not really. I got the bundle pictured for less than $100 shipped. The wiimotes & nunchuk are worth more than your regular wiimote because they were never sold separately. Ebay is filled with knockoff red wiimotes for sale.

From a thrift store:

20140121_225345-1.jpg

Everything was 50% off, so the Dilbert book was $0.35 and the Crash game & DVDs were $2. Vampire Diaries is sealed.

From MovieStop:

20140121_225314-1.jpg

Had no idea there was a Harry Potter digibook Blu-ray.

20140121_225210-1.jpg

Samurai Jack Season 4 was $4.99.

20140121_225129-1.jpg

Dream Eater Merry was $9.99 and the two combo packs were $19.99.

Probably just the blu portion of the LE set.
Yep. For whatever reason somebody trades in the Blu-rays from FUNi's LEs, which MovieStop actually accepts for some reason. The Chaos Head up there is the same way. They also have a Cat Planet Cuties one that has been $34.99 for a long while now.

I got professor Layton and the unwound future new for $10.50 at big lots.
Phonenix wright ace attorney was $5 cart only at the flea market.
pokemon y used at best buy for $24.99

sorry for crappy pics can't edit atm.

Anyone know if this sonic premier comic is worth anything?[attachment=2442:20140122_003423.jpg][attachment=2443:20140119_231940.jpg][attachment=2444:20140119_231643.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back