The Official CAG January 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't sleep, so just decided to unpack everything, and it's actually not as much as I had thought I had when I was buying at the time,

jht0.jpg

3aka.jpg

p2t8.jpg

f3jv.jpg

Gifts from dv8 when we met up in Japan.
c1z1.jpg

qwvp.jpg

I got professor Layton and the unwound future new for $10.50 at big lots.
Phonenix wright ace attorney was $5 cart only at the flea market.
pokemon y used at best buy for $24.99

sorry for crappy pics can't edit atm.

Anyone know if this sonic premier comic is worth anything?
attachicon.gif
20140122_003423.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140119_231940.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140119_231643.jpg
holy shit, sega visions. good stuff

I am sure the sonic comic is worth something

Picked these up today thanks to a B2G1 sale at Play N Trade:

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - GameCube (complete) - $4.99
Perfect Dark Zero - 360 (complete) - $1.99
Too Human - 360 (complete) - FREE

Also, traded in a GameCube that I got for free a year ago and picked up a see-through blue first-party original Xbox Controller S for free at The Exchange.

Great day!

what are the specs
It's an I5-4670k

Hi-Fi Z87W Motherboard

8gb Ram

DVD Burner

4 TB of Hard Drives

fractal design define r4 Case

I'm thinking of replacing the 4 drives with 2 2TB drives and a 64GB SSD

Also I picked up this for $19.99. I had a $10 Off Coupon for gamestop

jC47WHX.jpg
Excuse the shitty picture. I intend to upgrade from this Iphone 4 soon.

It's an I5-4670k

Hi-Fi Z87W Motherboard

8gb Ram

DVD Burner

4 TB of Hard Drives

fractal design define r4 Case

I'm thinking of replacing the 4 drives with 2 2TB drives and a 64GB SSD
yeah i already have a 240gb kingston ssd i got from newegg last week for $117, gonna use it as my boot drive. also have a 3tb WD cavier green for my anime and im gonna get a 2tb cavier black for everything else. are you planning on overclocking that 4670k? I am and i got the corsair h100i on monday from tiget direct for $59.99 after rebates

Picked these up today thanks to a B2G1 sale at Play N Trade:

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - GameCube (complete) - $4.99
Perfect Dark Zero - 360 (complete) - $1.99
Too Human - 360 (complete) - FREE

Also, traded in a GameCube that I got for free a year ago and picked up a see-through blue first-party original Xbox Controller S for free at The Exchange.

Great day!
The Exchange? You live around Pittsburgh?

yeah i already have a 240gb kingston ssd i got from newegg last week for $117, gonna use it as my boot drive. also have a 3tb WD cavier green for my anime and im gonna get a 2tb cavier black for everything else. are you planning on overclocking that 4670k? I am and i got the corsair h100i on monday from tiget direct for $59.99 after rebates
Yeah I was considering getting the h100i but I've never used water cooling before. Also I use the internal hard drives for anime and movies and my 2 terabyte external for steam games. Do you think the SSD is worth it?

Yeah I was considering getting the h100i but I've never used water cooling before. Also I use the internal hard drives for anime and movies and my 2 terabyte external for steam games. Do you think the SSD is worth it?
my 3tb is external but im gonna break open the enclosure and just make it an internal drive. i hate having things tethered to my usb ports so all my drives will be internal. the ssd question is yes you definitely should get an ssd, its a night and day difference from a standard mechanical drive. things open instantly and everything from browsing to navigating windows and game loading is much faster. Also you will need an aftermarket cooler to overclock, there is no way around that unless you want to kill your cpu.

Came in the mail from Microsoft yesterday

4l1j.jpg

Been wanting this guy for a while, seemed like it was gonna be harder to get at a lower price. Been to nearly all the Targets and Best Buys and found none. 

From DVD Planet:

20140124_191142-1.jpg

Guess I should try and find my Season 4 set and finally watch the rest of the series.

From eBay:

20140124_191329-1.jpg

20140124_191459-1.jpg

All these came from a Canadian seller. K-On was $9.99 each and everything else was $19.99.

From local game store:

20140124_191541-1.jpg

Used a B1G1 free sale.

From a thrift store:

20140124_191641-1.jpg

20140124_191708-1.jpg

The DVDs and GCN game were $4 each. Eternal Darkess has a weathered case, worn cover art, no manual, and lots of scratches, but $4 is $4. Maison Ikkoku was $0.69.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got Tomb Raider Definitive a few days early because they 'apparently' abolished the street date. Hey, I'm not complaining! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN378s67jb4

The Sonic comic came in a Sega Vision in 1992

I got all the Sega visions for free helping a neighbor with her storage. :D/
that's whats up. helping others be helping you dood!

edit- on closer inspection (and given your statement about the comic), that would be worth more than just the 1st issue since it is a rare pressing. take it to a comic shop and ask, I am curious!

After missing print magazines and Nintendo power being gone I resubscribed to game informer. I have about 80 issues at my dad's starting at issue 102 so I like continuing the collection.

Did the $15 for one year sub and 10% discount card. Doubt I will make much use of the discount card besides B2G1.

The girl employee got me the current issue as well as some back issues from the back room. It looks like I missed some of the good covers over the last few years. Last few months have been lame IMO.

[attachment=2476:20140124_184220.jpg]

Went back to big lots after getting professor Layton for $10 and got these for $7.00 each new.

[attachment=2477:20140123_003200.jpg]

IMG_1300_zpse7da6f15.jpg

Picked these up for $60.  Guy had a whole lot with some more games and an NES but I didn't want to bother with the rest so I ended up throwing an offer to him and cherry picked these.  He also had a boxed Final Fantasy but I already have one.

Boxes are a bit beat up but the carts are clean with no marker.  And they aren't complete so I might have to frankenstein to make them complete.  Never thought I'd be able to say I own all 4 for these. :)

Our indie video game store here in town, VGMX, has a different sale every day. Today's sale was a 50% off everything used sale.

Picked up:

Star Fox 64 - N64 - $7.50
Super Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - SNES - $5
Super Monkey Ball Jr. - GBA - $2
Metroid Fusion - GBA - $10
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game - GCN - $2
Harry Potter: The Sorcerer's Stone - GBA - $2

Great sale!

IMG_1300_zpse7da6f15.jpg

Picked these up for $60. Guy had a whole lot with some more games and an NES but I didn't want to bother with the rest so I ended up throwing an offer to him and cherry picked these. He also had a boxed Final Fantasy but I already have one.

Boxes are a bit beat up but the carts are clean with no marker. And they aren't complete so I might have to frankenstein to make them complete. Never thought I'd be able to say I own all 4 for these. :)
Ah, those games brings back so many wonderful memories. Kudos to you for getting all four.

20140127_224924-1.jpg

20140127_224950-1.jpg

Patlabor was from DVD Planet, everything else was from Target. Few Good Men and American Gangster were clearence/online return. Had I known Target was getting a re-release of Dilbert for $5, I wouldn't have bought the digipak version for $7 from GoHastings.

Not pictured:

Tearway (Vita)
Bose PC speakers
Dead Rising 3 *Expertzone* 
Tomb Raider CE *AWD* $8bucks :dance:

Ratchet & Clank into Nexus *SonyRLS*
Killzone Mercenary (Vita) *SonyRLS* 

Tensa Zangetsu

!
14iifl3.jpg

DBZ Season 9
2rrs2tl.jpg

Elysium steelcase, big ass XBL card *Expertzone*
8vn7eq.jpg

15' MacBook Pro w/ Retina, (upgraded to 16GBram) & TriForce labtop bag.
2itkj95.jpg

I picked up Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition for $24 at a local game store, Amazon wants $90... Ebay, not so much. I was tempted to do the quick flip but I really like collectors editions!

Picked up at VGMX during their weekly Tuesday BOGO sale:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Xbox (CIB) - $2.99
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - GCN (CIB) - FREE

Tensa Zangetsu

!
14iifl3.jpg

Where did you get that and how is the quality? I really wanted to buy one a while ago but couldn't pull the trigger. How are you also planning on displaying it?

Pfft, it has a sheath.

Anime pickups since my last post at the beginning of the month, I think. Some may have already been in the last pic.

0J6Mo2u.jpg

Left two shirts are fiancee's, got two Disney/Doctor Who cloroforms with them. Middle two are also hers, right two are mine, but all four were random grab bags. Hers were obviously better, since I don't even like Star Wars.

MuM157K.jpg

iPhone 5 and apple leather case:

FW9khRU.jpg

gfG8ONn.jpg

eLNosSB.jpg

Got both for a great price on eBay phone is so mint I am shocked to know it's been used since september 2013! The case is extremely nice too looking forward to the leather wearing in nicely..

My seven month affair with android is over!

Tensa Zangetsu

!
14iifl3.jpg

Where did you get that and how is the quality? I really wanted to buy one a while ago but couldn't pull the trigger. How are you also planning on displaying it?
3rd party seller on Amazon. I think the pretty quality is pretty good. The tip of the blade is sharp enough, it cuts thru boxes and ect. The rest of the blade is dull. It's not like I'm going to actually use it, it's just for display. It's nice overall tho! I really like it. Displaying, I don't know yet. I was going to buy some sword hooks and hang it on the wall. As of now, it's displayed in front of my TV. I'll take a picture of the set up and a better shot of the actual sword for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back