The Official CAG July 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Picked up Final Fight for SNES for $4 at a Vintage Stock in Joplin, MO on the way home from STL last weekend. Still holds up for me, I love it.

doNjf.jpg

oM6sl.jpg

LAHwE.jpg

This was my pickup today. I got a bunch of games and stuff on my way home but I'll save pics of those for another day.

This shouldn't follow sevenfold's pick up *nice car* but here goes.

Given to me from a friend. All complete.

Cheap but good stuff from Buybacks/ The Exchange:

And my pickups from the flea market. I also saw a DK Game & Watch but they wanted $40 for it. A good deal but not that good of one that I had to go to an ATM.

[quote name='sevenfold']
doNjf.jpg

oM6sl.jpg

LAHwE.jpg

This was my pickup today. I got a bunch of games and stuff on my way home but I'll save pics of those for another day.[/QUOTE]

This is single handedly the best pickup I have ever seen in the history of CAG pickup threads.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']If your point was interesting as you think it was I would have said so. You said hip-hop is not music and that it's a new fad. And like previously mentioned it's been around for 35 years and the album I said I considered one of the greatest albums ever is almost 20 years old.

You also state that because beats are electronic that they're not music which is nonsense not to mention their are plenty of hip-hop artists/groups that use live bands. I'm not getting uppity it's just that you are literally talking out of your ass about a subject you know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this.

[quote name='Zaku77']Hip hop has not been part of 'pop' music for that long. That may be when its inception was, but that doesn't mean that it was popular then like it is today. I'm sure you understand that. Hip hop doesn't focus on music. It does focus on lyrics. Why even argue about that? I'm not putting any connotation on that, why be defensive?

I love hardstyle and house music, so I'm not against electronic stuff. It just doesn't really fit the classical definition of what music is. I simply find it interesting that we have gone from say the Baroque period of classical music (my favorite) where the music was everything, to where popular music is at now. I'm sorry my point was uninteresting to you. I shall hope you approve of any future topics I might bring up. Try not to get so defensive; there's really no reason for it.[/QUOTE]

No, not this.

Bold explains it all. I.e. Elitist snob.

[quote name='sevenfold']
doNjf.jpg

oM6sl.jpg

LAHwE.jpg

This was my pickup today. I got a bunch of games and stuff on my way home but I'll save pics of those for another day.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit that is gorgeous! :drool:

How much did that set you back?

[quote name='Zaku77']I simply find it interesting that we have gone from say the Baroque period of classical music (my favorite) where the music was everything, to where popular music is at now.[/QUOTE]

From Google:

noun
 /ˈmyo͞ozik/ 

1. The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion
  2. The vocal or instrumental sound produced in this way
The human voice is a musical instrument. You can argue that hip hop is bad music but you can't argue that it isn't music or is a lesser music because it doesn't employ harpsichords or whatever it is that makes you think the Baroque period was the height of musical accomplishment.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Holy shit that is gorgeous! :drool:

How much did that set you back?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We had an appraisal done at $34k, I paid roughly $20k.

[quote name='sevenfold']
doNjf.jpg

oM6sl.jpg

LAHwE.jpg

DAYUM!!!!:applause:

Picked up the KH3D CE, but don't have a camera ATM :/

ALSO, Wu-Tang and every other rapper are just as much a musician as any other genre's artists, and a hell of a lot more musical than most of us could ever hope to be.

Kanye-Finish-let-em-hate-watch-the-money-pile-up.jpg

bread's done
Back