The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

I used to enjoy coming to this thread and seeing what Vendetta and others where buying. Now it's just a juvenile train wreck.

would you guys kindly please shut the fuck up, ignore fire_thief and just post what you got this month? jesus. let him do his own thing. say what you will about him, but he's the only person in this thread using it for what it's designed for.

So far this month, I picked up the following:

---N64---
NFL Blitz 2000 (complete) - 22 cents (hollywood video sale)

---PS1---
Temco's Deception: Invitation to Darkness (Complete) - $8
Kagero: Deception II (complete) - $19
Deception III: Dark Delusion (complete) - $10
Ape Escape (GH, complete) - $5

---PS2---
Bloody Roar 3 (complete) - $3
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses (complete) - Free (gf didn't want it anymore)

I've been keeping the game purchasing on the lower end, but deals just keep popping up on the titles I'm after.

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures (unfortunately), but this was the first month I've really been able to pick up some stuff.

Lost in Time DVD

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 HD-DVD

Heroes Season 1 HD-DVD

The Bourne Identity HD-DVD
The HD-DVDs were super cheap, and I figure I'll pick up an HD-DVD player sometime soon and start collecting those since they're fairly cheap.

Lockerz Large LAB hoodie

Meshuggah Alive DVD

American Hardcore DVD

Nixon Lodown black watch
I got those three items from Lockerz shop for a little under 4000 ptz, so I didn't have to pay. Although just splurging on those three items, I'm happy with my choices. The LAB hoodie is limited to about 120 worldwide, and I might sell it. Still in bag, never worn, but really nice.

Hard Hitters PS2 import

Go Go Golf PS2 import

Aladdin PS2 import

Digital Holmes PS2 import [sealed]

Jissen Pachi Slot PS2 import [sealed]

Kaido Battle PS2 import

Underwater Unit PS2 import
I got all of those games for around $20 shipped, the most expensive was $1.50 plus shipping. I can't play them at this point, but they were a great price for some cheap Japanese fun once I can play em.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection [PS2]

Metal Slug 4 & 5 [PS2]
I traded Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva for those two PS2 games.

Norelco 7345XL cordless razor
I received this through Club Bing and it's damn great!

No pictures since I'm at work, but I picked up the Alan Wake LE and Red Dead Redemption last week. I used a Gamestop credit to get Alan Wake and I bought RDR from Amazon for the $20 credit which I will then use to buy Alpha Protocol.

Oh, and I should get Uncharted 2 this week from Goozex.

Also no pictures because I'm at work but I got Red Dead from Amazon for the $20 credit and also plan on buying Alpha Protocol. Also picked up the limited edition Alan Wake because I had trade in credit and traded for copies of Uncharted 2 and Everyone's Golf.

These games are from the last 3 months, I haven't had much time so I'm just posting them all now.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[quote name='gbpackers94']These games are from the last 3 months, I haven't had much time so I'm just posting them all now.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I recently bought this at a gamestop, they put in the original edition instead of the game of the year edition. I felt pretty stupid for not noticing. It's a two hour drive so I decided to just deal with it.

all of my May 2010 game related pick-ups(all new):

games i got at the beginning of May(and those that i ordered in April but got in May).
picture.php

Baja: Edge of Control - 13$
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - 48$
Dead or Alive 4 Classic - 16$
Lost Planet Colonies Classic - 13$
Gears of War 2 - 20$

newest pick-ups that came yesterday
picture.php

F.E.A.R. Files - 16$
F.E.A.R. - 13$
Gears of War Classic - 13$
X-Blades - 8$
Halo Wars Limited Edition - 18$
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 Classic - 25$

Halo Wars comic book, patch and cards
picture.php

Halo Wars metal case
picture.php

[quote name='sofik88']now that's a BEAST pick-up. beautiful place.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You win for best pick-up this month. That house looks wonderful. Congrats!

[quote name='perdition(troy']He could have gotten a lot of games for the same price.[/QUOTE]
yeah, what a waste of money ;) just think about what other things he could get if he was THE ONE AND ONLY BEAST KING OF CAG

[quote name='perdition(troy']600,000 mint copies of ET.[/QUOTE]
nah, for that you only need shovel and treasure map, but 600,000 game cases to hold all those copies is a beast purchase.

[quote name='Vulgarism']No, you're not "cured"... None of us expected you to stick to your word, so enjoy it when you need money down the road and want to sell off your collection and get $.25 per game. Oh, and a quick Google search leading to a tattoo forum that hates you more than we do made me laugh a lot. Keep it up, bro![/QUOTE]

The post on the tattoo forum are hilarious. You can find an older tattoo forum post where he's asking this guy how much his friends make working as a receptionist.

I got a feeling Fire_Thief is just a huge network of trolls, or he's just a professional troll.

I think I've pretty much listed all of these already, but I like when other people post pictures so I'll follow suit.

mayo.jpg

:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator

:360: Fable II Platinum Hits
:360: Alan Wake Collector's Edition

:ps2: Metal Saga

:xbox: UFC Tapout 2
:xbox: Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut
:xbox: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

PS1 Resident Evil 2
PS1 Silent Hill
PS1 Colony Wars
PS1 Twisted Metal III

GB The Castlevania Adventure

NES Wizards & Warriors II - Iron Sword

GI Joes - Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow both versions (ninja commando and Paris pursuit). These were $2.48 each at Target, thought it might be cool to have each pair set up in a fight scene on my desk. Still haven't decided if I should keep them or not.

[quote name='dan13l858']Very nice pick up. It goes up in value every year.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying buying a house is a bad thing, but where have you been the past three years?

[quote name='lmz00']I'm not saying buying a house is a bad thing, but where have you been the past three years?[/QUOTE]

The infinite money house I'm assuming.

Hopefully I'll have more stuff to post soon. Just have to wait for those pesky packages to show up.

Here's what I got today.

Another Lost Planet 2 shirt, Lost Planet 2 aluminum water bottle, two Lost Planet 2 stickers, and two more Lost Planet Kill Big posters. This puts me at three water bottles, three shirts, 8 stickers, 8 posters, and one signed high quality print.

Gamecube memory card, I can finally play Wind Waker and the Zelda collection! I'm quite thrilled.

Dungeon Siege Plus the expansion - 11 bucks

Heavenly Sword, PS3 - 17 bucks

Spider-Man - Xbox, $4.50

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dungeon Siege Plus the expansion - 11 bucks

Spider-Man - Xbox, $4.50

12 Non Latex Condoms (Lifestyle) - $7[/QUOTE]

Pretty gay move putting condoms in your "pickups" list, atleast you kept it real and didn't put "12 XL Magnums".

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dungeon Siege Plus the expansion - 11 bucks

Spider-Man - Xbox, $4.50

12 Non Latex Condoms (Lifestyle) - $7[/QUOTE]

so you're having sex with that little girl then?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so you're having sex with that little girl then?[/QUOTE]
isn't this illegal in US? anyway i call it CAGs 2010 Fail of the Year. please, someone stop him.

And I didn't think he could be a bigger douche.... Thanks (I think) for proving me wrong Fire_Theif, now do all of us a favor and stop posting SHIT.

Related, got a partial custom PC for free today, not 100% on the specs, but it's a starting point. As far as I know at this point, it's missing the power supply, and the motherboard/processor is bad. I was also told it may need a new HDD. Small things though! I'm very happy with this, I've been looking into getting a desktop to rebuild into a nice gaming rig.

Fire_Thief there is absolutely no way I can make this sound like I am not being a douche but, could you please delete your CAG account and mark this site as spam in your internet virus scanner service.

Thanks, iKilledChewbacca

so wrong on so many levels. please make it stop. is there an option to ignore some people on CAG forums?

just ordered:
Earth Defense Force 2017(been looking for this game for a long time so i'm happy i could find it for a very low price),
Rainbow Six: Vegas,
Overlord,

probably my last pick-ups this year(or until christmas pricecuts). though it depends how Sniper: Ghost Warrior and Naughty Bear will end up cause those will be probably very limited releases and i'm very interested in them.

[quote name='sofik88']so wrong on so many levels. please make it stop. is there an option to ignore some people on CAG forums?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']@sofik88 click on the name, then click "ignore". It's only a treatment, though. It's not a cure.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's completely pointless. You don't see his posts, but every time he writes something there's 10 people replying calling him a douche and telling him to stop posting.

In the past couple of days:

:gc: Viewtiful Joe ($1.99)
:gc: Viewtiful Joe 2 ($1.99)
:gc: Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble ($3.99)
:gc: Bloody Roar Primal Fury ($3.99)
:gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron III ($8.99)
:gc: Killer 7 ($7.49)
:gc: Disney's Magical Mirror ($4.99)
:gc: Lost Kingdoms ($4.99)
:360: Alan Wake ($49.99 with $10 gift card on Amazon)
:360: Red Dead Redemption ($59.99)

Dude... F_T, you're just asking for us to make her life horrendous (Thank god this isn't 4chan, both of your lives would have been wrecked by now). Try to take the suggestions of fellow members and cut back your idiotic posts. You wonder why those other boards have so much hate for you? You should take a step back and realize how you're acting.

It seems like you think this is a game. The items you're busy wasting your money on aren't "scores". You're not gonna get buried with them. Guarantee you'll be regretting your actions 3-5 years from now when you actually have your head on straight. (If that's even possible).

/rant

ZxT - Where did you pick up that RDR from? I'm assuming GS only because it looks like an SE... I didn't get the fancy slipcover on mine.

Last pick up for May:
Wayne's World BR

[quote name='guyinga']In the past couple of days:

:gc: Viewtiful Joe ($1.99)
:gc: Viewtiful Joe 2 ($1.99)
:gc: Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble ($3.99)
:gc: Bloody Roar Primal Fury ($3.99)
:gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron III ($8.99)
:gc: Killer 7 ($7.49)
:gc: Disney's Magical Mirror ($4.99)
:gc: Lost Kingdoms ($4.99)
:360: Alan Wake ($49.99 with $10 gift card on Amazon)
:360: Red Dead Redemption ($59.99)[/QUOTE]

Sexy gamecube pickups. I approve

bread's done
Back