The Official CAG Wii-Tag Thread. Make Your Wii-Tags Here!

Ok I'm done for the night after these.
Just a few more icons.

Paper Peach, Paper Bowser, Paper Mario
iconpaperpeachlm0.png
iconpaperbowserbb1.png
iconpapermariogh8.png

Reggie.. lol
iconreggievy5.png

Edit: Sorry, one more. I actually like this one better then the Bomberman 93 icon we have. Either way, now we have 2 of them :)

gamebomberman93ji1.png

Not sure if you need it, but I can provide you guys with free hosting that shouldn't get bandwidth overrun. Sean or Linkin, PM me if you're interested.

Also, my Wii Tag draft has become official. :)

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I'm done for the night after these.
Edit: Sorry, one more. I actually like this one better then the Bomberman 93 icon we have. Either way, now we have 2 of them :)

gamebomberman93ji1.png
[/quote] I never liked my bomberman '93 icon. I'll replace it tomorrow. I'll also post the following tomorrow
gamespongebobsx6.png
gamemkaww5.png
gamedbzoh3.png

manhuntzr1.png

[quote name='Rocko']Linkin, when you get a chance, could you possibly make a black template like your others, but in black?[/quote]
Like this?:
wiicardredbtf3.png
wiicardaquabxt9.png
wiicardgreenbed1.png
wiicardyellowbtk6.png

Or all black with no gradients?

[quote name='botticus']Would anyone mind giving a go at making a Battalion Wars image? I tried just shrinking down this beast that IGN has to 30x30, but it's pretty illegible. If it's not possible to get the whole logo in, BWii or the star by itself would probably work as well.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_4699803.html

Trying to look ahead to what games I will probably be getting, making icons in advance. If anyone can make better versions of these, my feelings won't be hurt. Just trying to do my part!

Dewy's Adventure:
dewy2kk8.png

Boogie:
boogieoa9.png

Zack & Wiki:
zackwikiva5.png
[/quote]

How's this for MB2:
metalbatallion2rj7.png

[quote name='Rocko']Zomgbies. Thanks mate.[/quote]
NP....added 2 more black ones: Yellow and Green, check OP or my post above.

EDIT: We could always start DS one's on the DS forums:
nintendodsyb5.png

Mmm, delicious DS. But, but, I don't have room for both in my sig! Woe is me.

Uploaded the much better black/red Wii tag. I'd love to see a DS project happen.

I'm gonna modify Contra III a little. Paint doesn't do it justice. I'll get
[quote name='LinkinPrime']How's this for MB2:
metalbatallion2rj7.png
[/quote] up in a little bit. I'm hoping you meant BWii and not MB2, whatever that is.

[quote name='Doomed']I'm gonna modify Contra III a little. Paint doesn't do it justice. I'll get
up in a little bit. I'm hoping you meant BWii and not MB2, whatever that is.[/quote]
Oops...for some reason I was thinking Metal Battalion :whistle2:#

Doomed, how are you saving them on your site? Seems like they are loosing picture quality.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oops...for some reason I was thinking Metal Battalion :whistle2:#

Doomed, how are you saving them on your site? Seems like they are loosing picture quality.[/quote]

I think it's because Doomed adds a grey box around it. Look at the BWii thing 2 posts above and the one on the site.

I save them to my computer and then upload them to google. I don't notice anything, but I can provide a zip of all of the icons.

[quote name='Doomed']No... PNG all the way. It might be google. Either way, I'll get it all zipped up for y'all.[/quote]

Guess google compresses them. Zip would be great, specially when we start having a ton of them.

[quote name='Doomed']I guess I edited my post right after you pressed the quote button... either way, the link is in my previous post and right here again:
http://www.box.net/shared/n34cj1pruh

ep2011:
http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-php-webhosting.php[/quote]

Is there anywhere else we can host the images? Having a zip of them for full quality isn't really practical. Is photobucket better? We could do that and them put them in posts I guess.

And about the host, I really don't have time right now to code it, If everyone wants I could try in like 3 weeks after school starts. But I have band camp from 12-8 everyday and I help my parents with stuff before that.

[quote name='ep2011']Is there anywhere else we can host the images? Having a zip of them for full quality isn't really practical. Is photobucket better? We could do that and them put them in posts I guess.

And about the host, I really don't have time right now to code it, If everyone wants I could try in like 3 weeks after school starts. But I have band camp from 12-8 everyday and I help my parents with stuff before that.[/quote]

I'm looking right now for a no compression host.:D

[quote name='Doomed']I'm looking right now for a no compression host.:D[/quote]

I'm almost positive photobucket doesn't compress. I've used them to upload big images and there was no compression.

the only other option would be to upload them to a web host of some sort (Maybe someone can lend space for them?)

I'll try uploading Bwii to photobucket to see if there's a difference.

Comparison:

Google -
bwii2-full.jpg

Photobucket -
bwii2.png

I guess there's a difference. It's time for a glorious time know as "moving 70+ images 3 at a time"

[quote name='Doomed']I'll try uploading Bwii to photobucket to see if there's a difference.

Comparison:

Google -
bwii2-full.jpg

Photobucket -
bwii2.png

I guess there's a difference. It's time for a glorious time know as "moving 70+ images 3 at a time"[/quote]

Would you really have to re-upload them. For instance, mine was from imageshack.us if you right click the image and go to properties, you'll have the actual link...I'm sure you could do that with most of the images here already and the old thread.

I just want to say that LinkinPrime wins everything, ever, and has now incorperated my XBL tag into my newly-added Wii tag for a Mario 3 extravaganza!

I like the idea of making the icon slots vibrant. It's hard to tell where exactly to place the icons in the black templates if you're looking for it to be perfectly in line. I think I got mine right, though. Too bad I have to change it. :lol:

You don't have to, but you can. If it's really needed, I can emphazise where the stuff goes on all of the templates.

[quote name='Rocko']I like the idea of making the icon slots vibrant. It's hard to tell where exactly to place the icons in the black templates if you're looking for it to be perfectly in line. I think I got mine right, though. Too bad I have to change it. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah I can see that...I've had problems like that with the X360 gamercards at times. I'll see what I can do later tonight.

Doomed, I LOVE how you did it. The third post it awesome, with the spoiler tags and everything. I'll have to edit the tutorial regarding the new page.

I'd also change the page and make it sound a little nicer :p Something like:
Welcome to the Wii Gamer Card Icons! To view the icons, go to the photobucket page *link*. You can also get a zip of it all *link*.
It sounds more inviting :p

Edit: And google really compresses. .8 KB vs 2 KB! (Google vs photobucket)

[quote name='mpj31']http://g0thost.com/~jdawg/wii/form.php

If you found a host you could leech off of this....its a start. You could create username database and pull the images from there. Without a database you could create the image without paint and just save and upload elsewhere.[/quote]
Oh wow that looks great! If you want to continue it and add on the other games, incons, etc. Please do so. When most games and stuff are added Im sure it will be added to the first post.

Also, it sounds like you want me to finish it up? I'd be happy to. Just pm me the code for it and I'll find a free host and I'll do it.

[quote name='Doomed']I thought so-noobishness removed.
I also made an edit of LP's Black sig-now it's orange!;)
orange.png

[/quote]
Very nice edit! I love it.

---

Edit and also, if you want to email me the code, pm me and ask for my email or pm me the code. I'll try to find a free host and I'd be happy to add the images, etc. I just didn't want to code it from the start, im not too good at php. I'd have to use tutorials and stuff :x.

Thanks a ton for doing that, if you decide to have me do it or you, either way, it was really nice.

I highly doubted it would be simple, but it never hurts to ask. I edited my post. Anyway, passing off the code to ep2011 would make sense.

I'm fooling around with some effects-
greenclouds.png
blueclouds.png

Jdawg.png

ok, it works. I need to put a file uploader but for now I guess you guys can use the host I use until another solution is found. I have a site thats not being used anyway.

Go Here and Register for a login:
g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=register

Once you have signed up, go here:
g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=wiitag

to get started and fill out the information. I'll add more templates in a short time. Let me know what needs to be added. Thanks.

I also need to know how this works. Is it grouped by game? I think its supposed to show people what games your playing right? Once I make the file uploader...probably tomorow I need people to upload the images for me if you could. Thanks. Unfortunately to make it easy for me, it is probably going to a single uploader, but I'll give everyone access to it.

Wow mpj31. It works beautifly.
ep2011.png

---

mpj31 is in the process of giving me the code now, so If anyone has recommendations of php hosts to use, or preferbly, if someone has a host of their own and they can give a few mb's worth to the CAG community (for this project), that would be great!

1 quick question - how do i get it to post in my sig? I keep trying to copy and paste it in, but it won't paste. Am i doing something wrong?

[quote name='Wlogan31']1 quick question - how do i get it to post in my sig? I keep trying to copy and paste it in, but it won't paste. Am i doing something wrong?[/quote]

using the wii tag maker? or the manual way?

* You should save it on your desktop (if you used the wii tag, if not then dont use the first step)
* upload it to somewhere like imageshack.us, photobucket.com, etc
* and find the forum code and paste it in your sig.

I'll update the forum code tommarow, Ill be out most of the day today again.

[quote name='Wlogan31']1 quick question - how do i get it to post in my sig? I keep trying to copy and paste it in, but it won't paste. Am i doing something wrong?[/quote]
In imageshack, you want the first big box of code below the thumbnail codes. It'll be [u rl=xxxxx]
[/url]. You do not want the want that has the image coded as [img=yyyyyyyy].

It's called "Hotlink for forums (1)" out at the right.

Hey everyone w/ XBL. I went ahead and tried to be creative. This is my FIRST ATTEMPT at making an XBL card on Livecard.net

It's the one in my sig (I believe LP made it for Sean--i just copied/pasted his and deleted the info.. lol)

http://dev.livecard.net/cards.php?i=5898

If you like the one in my sig

Credit GOES to LP and Sean too!! So it isn't ALL just me!

[quote name='Doomed']
I also made an edit of LP's Black sig-now it's orange!;)
orange.png

[/quote] [quote name='Doomed']
I'm fooling around with some effects-
greenclouds.png
blueclouds.png
[/quote]
I didn't make them for them not to be used. Can I get some OP love?

ep2011, Google asserts that looking at the evidence would show you that http://www.110mb.com/ has PHP hosting for free.

bread's done
Back