The Official CAG Wii-Tag Thread. Make Your Wii-Tags Here!

I made on for DS too.. (this is from earlier on in this thread..LP made it)

DSCardTommy.png

I'm not gonna use it, but it killed 10 minutes yesterday. I think it looks cool :)

[quote name='lilboo']Hey everyone w/ XBL. I went ahead and tried to be creative. This is my FIRST ATTEMPT at making an XBL card on Livecard.net

It's the one in my sig (I believe LP made it for Sean--i just copied/pasted his and deleted the info.. lol)

http://dev.livecard.net/cards.php?i=5898

If you like the one in my sig

Credit GOES to LP and Sean too!! So it isn't ALL just me![/quote]

Sorry I didn't make it for you last night...I was too tired. Yours looks pretty cool so good job.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry I didn't make it for you last night...I was too tired. Yours looks pretty cool so good job.[/QUOTE]

it's ok! I figured I'd give it a shot since I got really bored last night. It looks more confusing then it is, but I sorta got the hang of it.

Though the font fits my name perfectly (because that's how I made it) so it won't work for everyone!

Thanks for the compliment on it :)

I made something a little more fancy. They are the same sizes for the icons 49x49 and 30x30. The red frames are merely there to make it easier for you guys to align the icons, once the icons are inplace you should not see any borders.

supermariote8.png

I wanted to do a 2D mario one, but I couldn't find a decent spritesheet anywhere(I wanted the mini-pipes and the background things from SMB3 that you could jump on and walk around)
Anyway, nice job.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I made something a little more fancy. They are the same sizes for the icons 49x49 and 30x30. The red frames are merely there to make it easier for you guys to align the icons, once the icons are inplace you should not see any borders.

supermariote8.png
[/quote]
wow! very nice job there.

EDIT: I have a new website for the Wiitag maker. it's wiitag.awardspace.com. It should be active soon, and will be updated with the scripts as soon as I recieve them.

Ok the uploader is done. It might need some tweaking, but get to uploading and let me know if there are any errors. Would it be too much to ask if you guys keep everything to PNG to avoid errors?

g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=taguploader

[quote name='mpj31']Ok the uploader is done. It might need some tweaking, but get to uploading and let me know if there are any errors. Would it be too much to ask if you guys keep everything to PNG to avoid errors?

g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=taguploader[/QUOTE]

Somewhat of an issue I'm having:
There needs to be an upload for game icons, and an upload for avatars. I added 2 games..and they both appear for the avatars, thus not fitting into that frame.

Working great though--but if you can make it noticable of whats an avatar/gamer pic.. and whats a "now playing" game pic.. this will be great

ok so the avatars are totally seperate from the now playing pictures? Right now they are one...I didnt know the difference.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I made something a little more fancy. They are the same sizes for the icons 49x49 and 30x30. The red frames are merely there to make it easier for you guys to align the icons, once the icons are inplace you should not see any borders.

supermariote8.png
[/QUOTE]
That is awesome. I was gonna make something similar with Luigi, but I couldn't find any good art from Strikers.

Jdawg.png

Ok I'm finished for the night. It is fully functional now I believe and much easier to use than before. I'd like to see some people start using it. The only thing that needs to be worked on next is using different sized templates.

[quote name='mpj31']Ok I'm finished for the night. It is fully functional now I believe and much easier to use than before. I'd like to see some people start using it. The only thing that needs to be worked on next is using different sized templates.[/quote]

g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=taguploader

That's the site right? It won't let me register. Currently using Firefox 2.0

[quote name='mpj31']g0thost.com/~jdawg/?p=register[/quote]

Doesn't work for me for some reason, getting "Error 6 Passwords do not match" and they do match.

Try again, I'm not getting that error. Make sure javascript is enabled. It should be if you are getting an error message though. Ok I see what you are saying. Dont copy and paste your password, it should work

[quote name='ep2011']Wow!!! Thats AWESOME![/quote]I agree! I'd use that in a heartbeat if I didn't have my current setup :)

[quote name='botticus']So from what I gather, I should redownload my images and remake my tag since they were originally compressed?[/quote]

You don't have to, some there's barely any difference and maybe 1-5 have an uber noticeable difference. I could probably do it for you if you really need it.

[quote name='SpazX']Wow Linkin, I wish I didn't suck at photoshop, those tags are awesome.

Planning on doing a Metroid one? ;)[/quote]

Sure...whatever you guys need. I'll see if I can whip one out tonight. I gotta work on the one for Botticus first though.

Linkin, in order for your awesome templates to work, please keep them the same layout as the original, just shift it over enough to fit the image on the left. Currently your mario one has a 2px offset and its a pain on my website to accomodate to different templates. I would like multi-template support so if you could do that and perhaps even fix your mario one that would be great. PM me for more information.

With that said I added multi-template support to my site now. Just keep the original base template the same like I said above and build around it. The X and Y coordinates in my uploader are the offset that is created.

For example the mario template has X offset of 80px and y offset of 17. If somone can help me explain this I would like to upload a blurb on the site. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='mpj31']Linkin, in order for your awesome templates to work, please keep them the same layout as the original, just shift it over enough to fit the image on the left. Currently your mario one has a 2px offset and its a pain on my website to accomodate to different templates. I would like multi-template support so if you could do that and perhaps even fix your mario one that would be great. PM me for more information.

With that said I added multi-template support to my site now. Just keep the original base template the same like I said above and build around it. The X and Y coordinates in my uploader are the offset that is created.

For example the mario template has X offset of 80px and y offset of 17. If somone can help me explain this I would like to upload a blurb on the site. Thanks for your help.[/quote]

Aw...its ok. I don't think I can work with those rules sorry, when I get constricted like that I have a hard time creating something I can be proud of. I've tried it, I know its easier even for the XBOX360 Gamertags, but I choose not to do it to allow me more freedom. Its OK, though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here ya go Botticus:
ikexf1.png

And her you go SpazX:
metroidmv9.png
[/quote]
Hey Linkin, if you still have the psd's for those, is there any way you can make a version without the white boxes for me? It must be ocd with me or something but I just can't stand those. Thanks.

*tear* this thread lost some of it's hype.. :(

Here, I made some more game icons! Besides these 3, is the current log of game icons updated?

Here's this week's VC releases in game icon form!
Adventures Of Lolo
gamelolokp6.png

Galaga '90
gamegalaga90cd1.png

WaveRace 64
gamewaveracezk9.png

Enjoy!

Would it be possible for the game icons to be sectioned off as "Retail" and "VC"? AND have the names for them to be next to them..the "Most Popular" ones are there..I think it should be for them all. If no one wants to do it, I could put some time aside and put them in that type of order (i.e. "retail" w/ list of game icons + names and "VC" w/ list of game icons + names)

[quote name='lilboo']*tear* this thread lost some of it's hype.. :(

Here, I made some more game icons! Besides these 3, is the current log of game icons updated?

Adventures Of Lolo
gamelolokp6.png

Galaga '90
gamegalaga90cd1.png

WaveRace 64
gamewaveracezk9.png

Enjoy!

Would it be possible for the game icons to be sectioned off as "Retail" and "VC"? AND have the names for them to be next to them..the "Most Popular" ones are there..I think it should be for them all. If no one wants to do it, I could put some time aside and put them in that type of order (i.e. "retail" w/ list of game icons + names and "VC" w/ list of game icons + names)[/quote]

I'm sure Doomed wouldn't mind doing that, and thats a great idea.

Even if doomed didn't want to, I'd format it for him and then message it to him like a did awhile ago.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Need anymore VC game icons, because I can whip some up if need be.[/QUOTE]

That's why I think we need a list of the names so we know exactly what we have/don't have. Being that I update the VC every week, I have no problem w/ making the 3 newest VC game icons TOO that week. But there's def a backlog of VC icons NOT on the list. I think we have most (if not all) retail games on there.

[quote name='ep2011']I'm sure Doomed wouldn't mind doing that, and thats a great idea.

Even if doomed didn't want to, I'd format it for him and then message it to him like a did awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, thanks! :)

[quote name='lilboo']That's why I think we need a list of the names so we know exactly what we have/don't have. Being that I update the VC every week, I have no problem w/ making the 3 newest VC game icons TOO that week. But there's def a backlog of VC icons NOT on the list. I think we have most (if not all) retail games on there.
[/quote]

It wouldn't be hard to do that because Doomed has them all named in the photobucket album. I'd do it tonight or tommarow (I do something all day everyday, which is very tiring, so I don't know when I can) if I needed to, but I think we should make up a list in like google docs or something like that.

[quote name='lilboo']*tear* this thread lost some of it's hype.. :(

Adventures Of Lolo
gamelolokp6.png

Galaga '90
gamegalaga90cd1.png

WaveRace 64
gamewaveracezk9.png

Enjoy!

Would it be possible for the game icons to be sectioned off as "Retail" and "VC"? AND have the names for them to be next to them..the "Most Popular" ones are there..I think it should be for them all. If no one wants to do it, I could put some time aside and put them in that type of order (i.e. "retail" w/ list of game icons + names and "VC" w/ list of game icons + names)[/quote]
I know I'm only quoting this, but hold your horses, I can update it if need be. I guess I can mark off retail/VC, but I think the red spoiler text is ugly and shouldn't be used for all games, especially since if you go into the photobucket album you'd see most, if not all, games have titles. I'll update the OP now. VC games are the only games we really "need" right now because all of the other Wii games that don't have icons are unreleased or have a metascore around 50/100. I'll work on all the stuff people said now.

@ep2011
If you want to make a list of the Wii games we need(released, unreleased would be killer), it'd help out. Refer to the Photobucket album becuase IIRC they all have titles.

[quote name='Doomed']I know I'm only quoting this, but hold your horses, I can update it if need be. I guess I can mark off retail/VC, but I think the red spoiler text is ugly and shouldn't be used for all games, especially since if you go into the photobucket album you'd see most, if not all, games have titles. I'll update the OP now. VC games are the only games we really "need" right now because all of the other Wii games that don't have icons are unreleased or have a metascore around 50/100. I'll work on all the stuff people said now.

@ep2011
If you want to make a list of the Wii games we need(released, unreleased would be killer), it'd help out. Refer to the Photobucket album becuase IIRC they all have titles.[/quote]

Okay ill do this either in like 9 hours or tommarow morning.

[quote name='ep2011']Hey Linkin, if you still have the psd's for those, is there any way you can make a version without the white boxes for me? It must be ocd with me or something but I just can't stand those. Thanks.[/quote]

I thought you guys liked the white boxes...I still have them if you want them, When I get off work I'll PM you them. I can try to use some transparancy on the bars to try to make it blend in and at the same time allow space to type on, or what would you guys suggest?

[quote name='Rocko']Linkin, your tags are awesome.[/quote]

Thanks you and everyone else. If you guys have any requests, please post and I'll do my best to get them out.

Is there any way you could incorporate Ryuta Ippongi from the Ouendan games into a tag? I know they aren't on the Wii, but I love his character.

He's the one with the red, spiky hair in my sig. Images of him can be found here and here, the two wallpaper portions of the official Ouendan websites.

[quote name='Rocko']Is there any way you could incorporate Ryuta Ippongi from the Ouendan games into a tag? I know they aren't on the Wii, but I love his character.

He's the one with the red, spiky hair in my sig. Images of him can be found here and here, the two wallpaper portions of the official Ouendan websites.[/quote]

Sure, np. Just note that if I disappear from this site for a couple days or so, its because my wife gave birth, not that I'm ignoring you guys. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sure, np. Just note that if I disappear from this site for a couple days or so, its because my wife gave birth, not that I'm ignoring you guys. ;)[/quote]

Awesome, thanks. Congrats on the son. :)

LP, those tags are great. Maybe we should do icons by a request basis now? We have pretty much all of the big games covered. We could also quick bust out VC game icons every Monday.

Lilboo, thats a great idea to have the VC and retail games separate. It could really help organize things.

[quote name='botticus']Took some work, but my new tag is complete and looks great. Thanks everybody.[/QUOTE]

Very nice! What font is that???

[quote name='lilboo']Very nice! What font is that???[/quote]Geometric 231 BT.

Had to have my friend put it together for me because Paint doesn't approve of transparency :lol: But he's sending me a flash drive version of Photoshop, so I'll be able to tackle it myself for future edits.

[quote name='botticus']Geometric 231 BT.

Had to have my friend put it together for me because Paint doesn't approve of transparency :lol: But he's sending me a flash drive version of Photoshop, so I'll be able to tackle it myself for future edits.[/quote]

Oh crap...I forgot to mention that. Yeah, my sigs would only work for something like Photoshop or Paint.net

[quote name='botticus']Geometric 231 BT.

Had to have my friend put it together for me because Paint doesn't approve of transparency :lol: But he's sending me a flash drive version of Photoshop, so I'll be able to tackle it myself for future edits.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Paint.Net??? I'm pretty disabled when it comes to this kind of stuff, and I'm getting the hang of it pretty well! (Unless by Paint you DID mean Paint.net)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh crap...I forgot to mention that. Yeah, my sigs would only work for something like Photoshop or Paint.net[/quote]I kinda figured as much, but I was hoping that some sort of basic editing program in Windows would deal with transparency - Office Photo Manager doesn't have any problem displaying transparent images, but gives you no real editing power.

[quote name='botticus']I kinda figured as much, but I was hoping that some sort of basic editing program in Windows would deal with transparency - Office Photo Manager doesn't have any problem displaying transparent images, but gives you no real editing power.[/quote]

Paint.net is free and its like a basic version of Photoshop. I actually started on Paint.net a couple years back before getting into Photoshop.

bread's done
Back