The Official CAG Wii-Tag Thread. Make Your Wii-Tags Here!

[quote name='electronicmaji']
zeldawiitagcompou0.png

what do you guys think?[/quote]

Pretty sweet, though the rounded corners on the icon spots might cause problems. Either the rounding gets cut off or the icons need to be trimmed to fit the round spaces.

New VC games for the week.

Super C:
superc.png

Breath of Fire 2:
breathoffire2.png

Ghouls And Ghosts:
ghoulsandghosts.png

And the last TurboGrafix games. With this, we should have every US-released VC game done.

airzonk.png
-- Air Zonk
aliencrush.png
-- Alien Crush
battleloderunner.png
-- Battle Lode Runner
blazinglazers.png
-- Blazing Lazers
bloodywolf.png
-- Bloody Wolf
bonksadventure.png
-- Bonk's Adventure
bonksrevenge.png
-- Bonk's Revenge
bravoman.png
-- Bravoman
chewmanfu.png
-- Chew Man Fu
chinawarrior.png
-- China Warrior
cratermaze.png
-- Cratermaze
deadmoon.png
-- Dead Moon
doubledungeons.png
-- Double Dungeons
dragonscurse.png
-- Dragon's Curse
dragonspirit.png
-- Dragon Spirit
dropoff.png
-- Drop Off
dungeonexplorer.png
-- Dungeon Explorer
jjandjeff.png
-- J.J. & Jeff
militarymadness.png
-- Military Madness
motoroader.png
-- Moto Roader
newadventureisland.png
-- New Adventure Island
ninjaspirit.png
-- Ninja Spirit
ordyne.png
-- Ordyne
rtype.png
-- R-Type
shockman.png
-- Shockman
silentdebuggers.png
-- Silent Debuggers
soldierblade.png
-- Soldier Blade
splatterhouse.png
-- Splatterhouse
superstarsoldier.png
-- Super Star Soldier
victoryrun.png
-- Victory Run
vigilante.png
-- Vigilante
worldsportscompetition.png
-- World Sports Competition

I figure since I'm playing some Cube games on my Wii lately, I'd make some game pics for them. Just Skies of Arcadia for now, more might follow as I play them.

skiesofarcadiadm4.png

Day late, but this week's VC releases:

Adventure Island:
adventureisland.png

Donkey Kong Jr. Math:
dkjrmath.png

Landstalker:
landstalker.png

Bonk 3:
bonk3.png

I figure since I'm playing some Cube games on my Wii lately, I'd make some game pics for them. Just Skies of Arcadia for now, more might follow as I play them.

skiesofarcadiadm4.png
Not a bad idea. I've been using the Sonic 1 icon for Sonic Mega Collection 'cause I didn't feel like making a new one. :)

Another week, another set of VC icons.

NES Play Action Football:
nesplayactionfootball.png

Sonic 3:
sonic3.png

Neutopia 2:
neutopia2.png

And MaxL's requests...

Driver Parallel Lines:
driverparallellines.png

Legend of the Dragon:
legendofthedragon.png

[quote name='MaxL']Well SMB: The Lost Levels is available here till Sept 30th, how about one for that?[/quote]

Out of curiosity, why do you ask for so many icons when you're not even sporting a sig?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Out of curiosity, why do you ask for so many icons when you're not even sporting a sig?[/quote]

Newbies can't have sigs as far as I know.

wiicaglp51rf7.png

Here is my tag. And here is my alt tag:
wiitagpngkr2.png

With SMB Lost Levels I can add to the first one. If there was a sig with 6 or 7 slots, that would be perfection.
blackblue101wc0.png

And my third incantation. Note the red square where one day I hope SMB: The Lost Levels will be :)

Here's the Lost Levels.
mariolostlevels.png

When I have time I may go through and do PAL/JP only VC games. But in the meantime, if there's any specific games people want just request 'em.

Well how bout:
An alt for MSC
MySims
The Sims 2: Pets
The Sims 2: Castaway :)

Oooh I hope they bring SMB3 and Legend of Zelda: MM to VC :p

I assume MSC = Mario Strikers Charged. I think the current one is fine, but if you want an alt....

mariostrikersalt.png

Sims 2 Getaway:
sims2getaway.png

Sims 2 Pets:
sims2pets.png

Turns out we didn't have a MySims one (far as I could tell), so now we do:
mysims.png

And, this week's VC releases.

Yoshi's Story:
yoshistory.png

World Class Baseball:
worldclassbaseball.png

Super Thunder Blade:
superthunderblade.png

I've also done a few more userpics.

cassamassinasimuser.png
mariostrikersuser.png
salsabowseruser.png

I won't add SMB3 or Majora's Mask until they're out in at least one territory.

Sorry for so many requests, but how about:
An alt for Super Paper Mario, the one already looks good but I would like something to feature Mario.
One for Pompolic: Call for Heroes =P and Impossible Mission =)

[quote name='MaxL']Sorry for so many requests, but how about:
An alt for Super Paper Mario, the one already looks good but I would like something to feature Mario.
One for Pompolic: Call for Heroes =P and Impossible Mission =)[/quote]

Won't do Pompolic, my policy is not to do unreleased games anymore. Is Impossible Mission actually out somewhere already?

I didn't do Galaxy, others did. Although I did do Mario & Sonic, I've since decided to stick to released games. I want to eventually get every game done (along with learning the php to automate making the tags), and there's way too many announced but unreleased games out there. Besides, the tags are for games you're playing, not ones you may play. :razz:

That said, I found the Commodore box art, so here's my Impossible Mission attempt:
impossiblemission.png

And a pair of user icons from it:
impossibleuser.png
impossibleuser2.png
impossibleuser.png
impossibleuser2.png

I forgot to do the Super Paper Mario alt. Hard to do without resembling the Paper Mario one, but here ya go:
superpapermarioalt.png

Alright. There would be user icons for Impossible Mission if Photobucket wasn't going so wonky. I upload the images and they're not there. Anyone know what's going on?

Figured it out, URL was too long. Maybe I'll go set up a dedicated Wii Tag Photobucket (I know there's already one, but it's not being updated).

Not really wanting a Pompolic icon. Just seeing if you were stupid enough to do one. But thanks for the others.

[quote name='MaxL']Not really wanting a Pompolic icon. Just seeing if you were stupid enough to do one. But thanks for the others.[/quote]

:whistle2:s Excuse me? I'm doing these out of my own goodwill. Keep that sort of attitude and I'll just ignore you.

[quote name='MaxL']Not really wanting a Pompolic icon. Just seeing if you were stupid enough to do one. But thanks for the others.[/quote]
WTF! This thread was started for fun and with CAG's taking their own personal time, contributing to this thread, you don't have to be such a douche. I now wish that there was a way we could restrict you from using them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] I now wish that there was a way we could restrict you from using them.[/quote]

There isn't, but I hope others will join me in not fufill any more requests from this asshole. He had a full gamertag before he started making stupid requests. I was going to respond after his first, but didn't want to come off as a total jerk since there was a legit use for them.

MaxL: FYI, what you did would be the equlvilent of getting donations not because you wanted or needed them, but because you wanted to see if they were stupid enough to give you them. And then telling that to all of the people who thought they were helping you. I think you've said you were 15 or so on another thread (don't hold me to that, I'm not sure) but if you are, remember this: Being young isn't an exuse for being an asshole.

[quote name='Doomed']There isn't, but I hope others will join me in not fufill any more requests from this asshole. He had a full gamertag before he started making stupid requests. I was going to respond after his first, but didn't want to come off as a total jerk since there was a legit use for them.[/quote]
Well, unfortunately, my plan as I stated above is to get every Wii game tagged out. So any requests would be indirectly answered. :whistle2:?

[quote name='Doomed']There isn't, but I hope others will join me in not fufill any more requests from this asshole. He had a full gamertag before he started making stupid requests. I was going to respond after his first, but didn't want to come off as a total jerk since there was a legit use for them.

MaxL: FYI, what you did would be the equlvilent of getting donations not because you wanted or needed them, but because you wanted to see if they were stupid enough to give you them. And then telling that to all of the people who thought they were helping you. I think you've said you were 15 or so on another thread (don't hold me to that, I'm not sure) but if you are, remember this: Being young isn't an exuse for being an asshole.[/quote]

Im not 15, I havent posted in another thread on this website. Im only a member here cos I searched Google and this seemed the best WiiTag site (granted WiiTag.org seems to be on the fritz, and the game selection is pitiful) . I've thanked you enough for your help with the icons.
And did I actually call anyone stupid?
No. I said you weren't stupid. Pompolic is a horrific game that is months from release, making an icon for such an obscure game would make no sense, and refusing to do so was the best outcmoe you could have done. Now I will continue to suggest titles you may have missed, though to the best of my knowledge you have covered at least 7/8 of the titles out there, but none the less, even genius' need assistance.

[quote name='MaxL']Im not 15[/quote]
I apologize for saying you were. Sorry. As for pointing out games that we missed, please don't make it sound like a request. At least that's what I'd want, I can't speak for the others.

I know this is the second (third?) iteration, but I seem to have more-or-less taken over here, so I might as well...

Public Photobucket gallery

Got everything that's been done so far, far as I know. About to add all the templates and the last userpics.

I've also done a lot of new userpics, and am working on organizing all of those that've been posted already. Some of the new ones:

shiggy.png
snes.png
linkaction.png
metaknightaction.png
snakeaction.png
ltbluewii.png
drybones.png
waluigi.png
wiitennis.png

Also, pardon the ignorance, but what games are these three from?

gamerpic1.png
gamerpic15.png
nmhgpdc4.png

Looked like fun to create my own Wii tag, so I made one if Kirby. I haven't passed my 30 day membership yet, so I'll have to wait until I can put it in my signature:

custom_kirbytag.png

In the process of making my Wii tag I made two new things that you guys are welcom to use. First, the template:

kirbytag.png

Second, the Piplup gamer icon:

piplup.png

I used GIMP and Google Image search. Hope you like!

EDIT: Replaced original template and gamericon with copy from wii tag photobucket.

[quote name='Charron']I know this is the second (third?) iteration, but I seem to have more-or-less taken over here, so I might as well...

Public Photobucket gallery
[/quote]
Thanks for taking over. It looks like some are missing, I know someone made an icon for SMB: TLL.

SMB 3
supermariobros3.png

SMRPG(rated by ESRB)
supermariorpg.png

DH (see above)
duckhunt.png

[quote name='Charron']
Also, pardon the ignorance, but what games are these three from?

gamerpic1.png
gamerpic15.png
nmhgpdc4.png
[/quote]The third is No More Heroes, I'm not entirely sure on the first two.

[quote name='jmaii']Looked like fun to create my own Wii tag, so I made one if Kirby. I haven't passed my 30 day membership yet, so I'll have to wait until I can put it in my signature:

custom_kirbytag.png

In the process of making my Wii tag I made two new things that you guys are welcom to use. First, the template:

kirbytag.png

Second, the Piplup gamer icon:

piplup.png

[/quote]
That's pretty sweet, good job! Added to the OP.

[quote name='Doomed']Thanks for taking over. It looks like some are missing, I know someone made an icon for SMB: TLL.

SMB 3
supermariobros3.png

SMRPG(rated by ESRB)
supermariorpg.png

DH (see above)
duckhunt.png
[/quote]
You mean The Lost Levels, right? i.e. this:
mariolostlevels.png

Thanks for the unreleased ones, though. I've been holding off on doing anything that's not out, since there's still a lot of PAL/JP VC releases to do plus all sorts of Wii games. And jmaii, that's pretty sweet! I'll add the template and Piplup to the gallery.

[quote name='jmaii']Looked like fun to create my own Wii tag, so I made one if Kirby. I haven't passed my 30 day membership yet, so I'll have to wait until I can put it in my signature:

custom_kirbytag.png

kirbytag.png

Second, the Piplup gamer icon:​

piplup.png

[/quote]

Those look sweet, if only I liked Kirby I would use them on GS, but my dislike for Kirby doesnt mean that they dont rock! Great job! I dont any pain program (cept for paint), but then again my field is video editting, but any way.
How about a game pic for "The Destiny of Zorro", I know it is unreleased, I'm just saying it would be good to get one covered.
:bouncy:

[quote name='MaxL']Those look sweet, if only I liked Kirby I would use them on GS, but my dislike for Kirby doesnt mean that they dont rock! Great job! I dont any pain program (cept for paint), but then again my field is video editting, but any way.
How about a game pic for "The Destiny of Zorro", I know it is unreleased, I'm just saying it would be good to get one covered.
:bouncy:[/quote]

Got your Zorro icon:
destinyofzorro.png

Making templates is fun! Here's something different:
pokemontag.png

Any suggestions for templates? It's good to practice. :)

EDIT: Replaced original with copy from wii tag photobucket.

Im only using paint, and that Paint.net tool wont work for some reason, so how about just a simple square/rectangular one, with some kind of, i dont know, Super Mario Bros. 1-3 theme :)
PS thanks for the Zorro pic :D

[quote name='MaxL']that Paint.net tool wont work for some reason[/quote]

It requires the .NET framework. IIRC Windows XP SP2/Vista has it pre-installed. You can get it from morcosoft's website.

Along with jmaii's template and Zorro icon (excellent work by the way; if you want a project, maybe a Sonic or Smash Bros. one?), I got what I believe is every released Wii game through the letter M. Everything's in the gallery. The only one missing was Bachindaa, a Japan-only game. Can't seem to find any info on it beyond Wikipedia, and no screenshots whatsoever. I also broke my promise and did some unreleased games. :whistle2:#

Random sample time:

ballsoffury.png
bombermanland.png
dkbarrelblast.png
denshadego.png
fireemblemradiantdawn.png
guitarhero3.png
harveybirdman.png
madden07.png
metalsluganthology.png

Also did a set of Harvest Moon userpics.

[quote name='jmaii']Making templates is fun! Here's something different:
pokemontag.png

Any suggestions for templates? It's good to practice. :)
[/quote] I'm making one for that right now.

Edit: I went a little crazy over the last few days. Here's all the one's I've made.

wiicardsimple.png

First attempt.
Fancywiitag.gif

anotheronewii.png

Much better simple tag.
pokemontagfin.png

Made this one 5 minutes ago.

[quote name='MaxL'] (...) how about just a simple square/rectangular one, with some kind of, i dont know, Super Mario Bros. 1-3 theme :) (...)
[/quote]
How's this for a simple super mario?

supermariobros_tag.png

EDIT: Replaced original with copy from wii tag photobucket.

[quote name='jmaii']How's this for a simple super mario?

supermariobros_tag.png

[/quote]
I think we officially have our new template guy.

Mind doing some Steamcard templates, help me out? >_>

bread's done
Back