The Official CAG Wii-Tag Thread. Make Your Wii-Tags Here!

It's not really a template, but here's the one I just made.

linktag.png

I'm thinking of doing a Sonic template next, but I wish they'd announce him on brawl already so I could have some nice art. I guess I could do a more oldschool look... *mumbles, rambles, etc.*

[quote name='Charron'] (...) if you want a project, maybe a Sonic or Smash Bros. one? (...)[/quote]
Here's a Secret Rings template:

sonic_tag.png

I love SSB and really want to do a template for it. I want to wait a little longer to see if any other characters/stages are released.

EDIT: Replaced original with copy from wii tag photobucket.

Pretty sweet, jmaii. Where'd you find the pic of him with a Wiimote?

akushin, feel free to do an old-school Sonic if you want. We could use all the stylized templates we can get!

As for my end of the deal, this week's VC releases:

Streets of Rage 3:
streetsofrage3.png

Kirby's Avalanche:
kirbyavalanche.png

Legend of Hero Tonma:
legendofherotonma.png

And, since we're on the subject of Smash Bros., here's an alternate for Brawl, or if you like, an icon for Melee:
ssbb.png

[quote name='Charron']Pretty sweet, jmaii. Where'd you find the pic of him with a Wiimote? (...)[/quote]
Just a google image search for "sonic secret rings" (without the quotes). It's a few pages down and came fairly high res; I just needed to eliminate the background and touch it up. Link to the original.

Yeah sorry about not checking this for awhile, been busy with school... Anything needing updating regarding any posts I've made (Tutorial, etc)? or anything else I can do?

It is done. Barring two obscure exceptions, every game for Wii that is out, or is coming out tomorrow, has been given an icon and put in the gallery. It was either that or spend the afternoon working on my resume. :)

Some of what I got done today:

splintercelldoubleagent.png
tiger07.png
ninjabreadman.png
worldchampionshippoker.png

Next step is the last few VC games, from there it's just maintenance I guess.

[quote name='ep2011']Yeah sorry about not checking this for awhile, been busy with school... Anything needing updating regarding any posts I've made (Tutorial, etc)? or anything else I can do?[/quote]

Well, you can edit it to point to the newer gallery, but besides that, nothing really changed, so your work's still good. :)

I don't know about you, but Hammer Bro. is my favorite character in MP8. Here's a tag for him:

mp8_tag.png

I'm trying out the gold nameplate as something different (especially since this background was boring and I wasn't hiding anything). I considered screws, but I thought that would be corny.

Hammer Bro is up, along with a stack of games that are coming out in the next week or two. We've now spilled over onto 169 Wii game icons, the majority of which are for released games, and not including alternates or VC games. Just kinda puts it in perspective, how many games are already out.

This week's VC games:

True Mario 2:
mariolostlevels.png

Sin & Punishment:
sinpunishment.png
(I strongly encourage anyone who can, do a better one!)

And, got userpics for Lucas, since I'm doing up the entire Smash Bros cast:
lucasprofile.png
lucasaction.png

We should make icons that are also on XB be the same as their XB counterparts. (Sonic 1 & 2 come to mind, as well as Madden and the other sports games)

Sorry I've been so lax. This week's VC releases:

Art of Fighting:
artoffighting.png

Fatal Fury:
fatalfury.png

World Heroes:
worldheroes.png

And, usericons for Sonic in Brawl:

sonicprofile.png
sonicaction.png

[quote name='Doomed']We should make icons that are also on XB be the same as their XB counterparts. (Sonic 1 & 2 come to mind, as well as Madden and the other sports games)[/quote]

I'm sure we could, but I kinda like having the creative element of doing our own.

Wow, I'm really glad to see this thread still going. Sorry I've been a bad OP, once school started I didn't have nearly as much time as before :/

thanks everyone who contributed to this thread, i just made my wii tag
i love it :D, id like a sig sized one, cuz i dont like a huge sig but its still good, it aint to big :)

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']thanks everyone who contributed to this thread, i just made my wii tag
i love it :D, id like a sig sized one, cuz i dont like a huge sig but its still good, it aint to big :)[/quote] I'll work on it.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']awsome :applause: thanks[/quote]

Yea, sorry I never got around to it... been busy and distracted myself.

3 designs:
Wii-Blue gradient
blue.jpg

Plain/Do-it-yourself (opacity inside boxes is 75/255 for those who want to make more)
plain2.jpg

Classicio
classicio.jpg

:bow:
thanks a ton! im going to make one right now, i think ill use the 3rd one

**EDIT**I love it :D i did add a little white to the text area cuz it was kinda hard to read

Big(ish) update! Got a little over a dozen new games listed, and the newest VC titles.

Ninja Gaiden 2:
ninjagaiden2.png

Metal Marines:
metalmarines.png

Gate of Thunder:
gateofthunder.png

I may go do userpics for the entire Guilty Gear cast, since the official site has buddy icons for them all.

Took a shot at an alternate for S&P - just the title on black, kinda hard to see, but I'll post it up anyway.

SandP.png

Need to update my tag with that and Z&W tonight.

Yep, I was one step ahead on that one. Bigger titles, I try to get done before release. Think it's better than the 360 one, if you ask me. ;)

Doomed gets the official Simpsons Game icon, though I did an alt with the logo. Working on this week's VC, but here's last week's:

Lunar Pool -
lunarpool.png

Ninja Jajamaru-kun -
ninjajajamaru.png

Golden Axe 3 -
goldenaxe3.png

And the big releases this week:

guitarhero3.png
manhunt2.png
bwii2.png
simpsonsgame.png

And next week (going off NeoGaf release dates):

legostarwars.png
mariosonic.png
fireemblemradiantdawn.png

Note that several of these icons were done by others, not me. I'm going to start doing this format each week, so the most notable new games are up and easy to see. (And I'll try to not be a week behind on the VC anymore.)

Last time I'm late with the VC! I swear!
Last week:
Castlevania II-
castlevania2.png

Samurai Ghost-
samuraighost.png

Magician Lord-
magicianlord.png

This week on the VC:
Super Mario Bros. 3-
supermariobros3.png

Alien Soldier-
aliensoldier.png

Power Golf-
powergolf.png

This week's big retail games:

legostarwars.png
mariosonic.png
fireemblemradiantdawn.png

And next week's potential hits, going by NeoGaf dates:

supermariogalaxy.png
geometrywars.png
puzzlequest.png
raymanravingrabbids2.png
residentevilumbrella.png

When the college workload slows down I'll check on what PAL/JP games I've let slide.

Very busy at work and home; no time to make new templates. :cry:

If and when I get the time I really want to make a wii zapper or ghost squad template. Pre-orderd ghost squad after it dropped from $50 to $30. :twoguns:

Time is gradually appearing, and as a result, I actually have this done early!

This week in VC:

Volleyball-
volleyball.png

Blue's Journey-
bluesjourney.png

Axelay-
axelay.png

This week in retail:

supermariogalaxy.png
residentevilumbrella.png
raymanravingrabbids2.png
medalofhonorheroes2.png

Next week in retail:

linkcrossbow.png
geometrywars.png
ghostsquad.png
traumacenterblood.png

If there's a released game you can't find in the gallery, let me know!

[quote name='botticus']Should have waited till today/tomorrow to update my tag, just threw BWii in yesterday. Thanks for the update, Charron.[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me to finally update mine! :)

Not much to speak of in retail land. Guess this'll be a good week to catch up on the releases. As for VC:

Double Dribble:
doubledribble.png

Ecco Jr.:
eccojr.png

Vegas Stakes:
vegasstakes.png

I think I only have JP TG16 games left until literally everything has an icon, even many rare and Simple Series games.

[quote name='lilboo']Check out the new card (Well sorta) You gotta love Santa Wiki :D[/quote]

awesome! I'm going to santa hat my link, if I can upload it :(

Wow, I completely forgot about this. x_x Added Pokemon Snap to the gallery.

The Dynastic Hero:
dynastichero.png

Zanac:
zanac.png

Eternal Champions:
eternalchampions.png

Doesn't look like anything notable on the retail front, but everything's been taken care of as far as I know, so if you picked something up this week there's an icon for you!

So instead, I made some progress on userpics. Got the Guilty Gear and Super Swing Golf casts up. Quick sample:

solbadguy.png
dizzy.png
bridget.png
hana.png
kaz.png
unclebob.png

Thanks again to Doomed for the Snap icon. This week:

Ghosts 'n' Goblins:
ghostsngoblins.png

Baseball Stars 2:
baseballstars2.png

Pokemon Snap:
pokemonsnap.png

Mostly shovelware on the retail front, but Nights is coming next week!

[quote name='Doomed']For no reason:
Cybernator
cybernator.png
[/quote]

Hilariously identical to the one I made for it:
cybernator.png

Great minds think alike I guess. :lol:

[quote name='TripleTags']Hey guys I can automate these for you if you want to include them over at www.tripletags.com .. we just lauched our own automated wii tags to compliment our PS3 Tags.[/quote]

I'm not about to be the official spokesman for this project, but I wouldn't mind an automation setup.... though, to more politely echo Doomed in the other thread you do need completely new icons. And there are little things about your presentation I don't totally like.... but hey, nothing at stake, so more options the better.

[quote name='Charron']Hilariously identical to the one I made for it:
cybernator.png

Great minds think alike I guess. :lol:

I'm not about to be the official spokesman for this project, but I wouldn't mind an automation setup.... though, to more politely echo Doomed in the other thread you do need completely new icons. And there are little things about your presentation I don't totally like.... but hey, nothing at stake, so more options the better.[/QUOTE]

we are pretty open to stuff ... its not like we are some big corp that HAS to do things a certain way. just want the system to be fun and cool. One of the ideas we have is setting up alternative icons for stuff. and if you dont see an avatar you like you can just email it to us and we would add it.

This week in the wonderful world of Wii:

Monster Lair:
monsterlair.png

Cybernator:
cybernator.png

Alien Storm:
alienstorm.png

And what I believe is the last notable retail game of 2007, NiGHTS:
nights.png

I know there's still games missing, but so far we have over 400 games catalogued already, between retail and VC. And I'm not even using 1% of the storage space!

EDIT: Rather than adding another post, I'll just round out the year with this:

Donkey Kong Country 3:
dkc3.png

Blades Of Steel:
bladesofsteel.png

Rolling Thunder 2:
rollingthunder2.png

See ya in 2008!

The Rayman RR2 one is fine, but it seems a little bare for the game. Could you make an alt that is perhaps a bit more fitting of the game, please? If it's not too much.

[quote name='MaxL']The Rayman RR2 one is fine, but it seems a little bare for the game. Could you make an alt that is perhaps a bit more fitting of the game, please? If it's not too much.[/quote]
Not you again. I thought we shooed you away a while ago. Either way, I will say that some icons aren't as good as others.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but I just downloaded Paint.net to allow the trancparencies on the 'fancy' templates and can't seem to figure out how to accomplish that.

Any help would be appreciated- thanks! :)

[quote name='Doomed']Not you again. I thought we shooed you away a while ago. Either way, I will say that some icons aren't as good as others.[/quote]
Hey if your gonna be rude when I ask for help then I'll take my business elsewhere. fuck you.

bread's done
Back