The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

I met a guy in my city and bought all of these for $75.

Super Smash Bros Melee(2 copies)
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

I felt it was a good deal since I don't own smash bros.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met a guy in my city and bought all of these for $75.

Super Smash Bros Melee(2 copies)
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

I felt it was a good deal since I don't own smash bros.
if they work (and have original cases) thats not bad, you can sell Melee for $50ish. I bought a GC bundle about 6 weeks back for $65 and it came with a complete copy of Melee but the disc was pretty scratched and wont play an MP match.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/vgm/4456230045.html

This is going to sound crazy but I'm in a scavenger hunt and need to collect as many video game cases for Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4 as I can from different titles. The part where I look crazy is in how much money I'm willing to devote.

I will pay you:

-$10 per case OR
-The price listed on the sticker for the game
WHICHEVER IS HIGHER!

That means I'm going to be paying $60 for some empty cases. Please be willing to send a picture of each case so I'm sure of what I'm getting and sure of what I owe (include pictures that show the price tag if you want more than $10 for that case!)

This is an odd find - part of the Vectrex lot I posted earlier this year. Don't have any games for the system, so I have yet to try it out. Looks interesting. 

FINALLY scored a decent craigslist deal last night after quite a drought, although that's mostly because I've been so ridiculously busy with other things.  Saw this posting for an in home "yard sale" and while the prices for most items are market price/very un-CAG worthy (anyone see anything worth picking up that I may have missed?), I noticed the mention of a "broken PS3 - no video, $50".

NON-WORKING (though it powers up) Original Playstation 3 system, disc drive works, no video, though it's Backwards compatible with Ps2 games! $50

Figured it was merely the video output settings being incorrect, so I arranged to stop by.  Sure enough, it turned on fine no yellow light of death, but no picture.  I gave him $40 for it since it didn't include a controller sixaxis DS3 or otherwise - only the power cord, the official Playstation RGB Component cable set, and the console which is an OG original 60 GB backwards compatible.

Took it home, cleaned it as it was a little dusty, and plugged it in with an HDMI cable and there was the picture, just perfect. Reset it to factory specs then went through setup and gave it a test run, works perfectly.  I already have an OG 60 gig so I figure I'll sell or trade it possibly for a new or like new WiiU bundle, what are these going for nowadays?    

FINALLY scored a decent craigslist deal last night after quite a drought, although that's mostly because I've been so ridiculously busy with other things. Saw this posting for an in home "yard sale" and while the prices for most items are market price/very un-CAG worthy (anyone see anything worth picking up that I may have missed?), I noticed the mention of a "broken PS3 - no video, $50".

NON-WORKING (though it powers up) Original Playstation 3 system, disc drive works, no video, though it's Backwards compatible with Ps2 games! $50

Figured it was merely the video output settings being incorrect, so I arranged to stop by. Sure enough, it turned on fine no yellow light of death, but no picture. I gave him $40 for it since it didn't include a controller sixaxis DS3 or otherwise - only the power cord, the official Playstation RGB Component cable set, and the console which is an OG original 60 GB backwards compatible.

Took it home, cleaned it as it was a little dusty, and plugged it in with an HDMI cable and there was the picture, just perfect. Reset it to factory specs then went through setup and gave it a test run, works perfectly. I already have an OG 60 gig so I figure I'll sell or trade it possibly for a new or like new WiiU bundle, what are these going for nowadays?
nice pick up! I am still having an issue getting my PS3 (bought under the same description) to output in HDMi. component works, but hdmi gives me nothing (maybe that's why it was sold for so cheap?)

nice pick up! I am still having an issue getting my PS3 (bought under the same description) to output in HDMi. component works, but hdmi gives me nothing (maybe that's why it was sold for so cheap?)
Are you going into the settings menu on the dashboard and switching it over to the hdmi output there? And did you test both the hdmi cable and the hdmi input on the tv with say another bluray player or some other device to confirm they are both working fine?

Did you do the "hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps" thing with only the hdmi cable connected?

Try a different hdmi cable.

Try a different tv.

Try a different PS3 on the same TV with the same hdmi cable (if you have an extra)

You have to eliminate everything else but the PS3 as the possible problems.

Are you going into the settings menu on the dashboard and switching it over to the hdmi output there? And did you test both the hdmi cable and the hdmi input on the tv with say another bluray player or some other device to confirm they are both working fine?
Ya know, I tried the 3 button beep first. that didn't do anything, then my friend "enlightened" me to the switch via the dash. problem was that I did it at my house on my tv and it did nothing. however...

Did you do the "hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps" thing with only the hdmi cable connected?

Try a different hdmi cable.

Try a different tv.

Try a different PS3 on the same TV with the same hdmi cable (if you have an extra)

You have to eliminate everything else but the PS3 as the possible problems.
I am taking it to his house to try these other methods. Its a tv that is a year old, and the port I tried was the one my 360 goes to (used the cord from that as well). Thanks guys!

Finally I had a deal. For $20, a PS2 Slim 75x model with AC Adapter and Two Controllers. I'll sell off the controllers with a few memory cards, considering I already have enough.

Looking for a decent ps2 slim to play my older collection. How much should i fairly pay? also if you guys have a link to any deals on one i'd appreciate it. Thanks

IMG_1609.jpg

Here it is! Sorry if the pic is too big. Don't know how to resize it lol.

I was very excited lol. When the guy gave me a call back he said he about 15 people texting him, and luckily I was the first one he called since we were so close by. I rushed out the house asap. I'm looking to sell maybe 4 of those games for $60 though.

Good CL score

Picked up cib zelda majora's mask, cib zelda ocarina of time, super smash bros with box, super mario 64 with box, cruisin usa with box, goldeneye cart only, a transfer pack, and zelda ocarina of time cart only for $25

She said she had people calling her left and right offering $100-$150 but I was the first to text and we lived 10 mins apart. She says the games work but I need to test them which means getting a n64 cheap

Good CL score

Picked up cib zelda majora's mask, cib zelda ocarina of time, super smash bros with box, super mario 64 with box, cruisin usa with box, goldeneye cart only, a transfer pack, and zelda ocarina of time cart only for $25

She said she had people calling her left and right offering $100-$150 but I was the first to text and we lived 10 mins apart. She says the games work but I need to test them which means getting a n64 cheap
I think I have had 1 non working n64 games out of over 200. Chances are if they were in the box, they are fine. Even if they weren't in the box, you can use some 91% isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip on them. Just make sure you give them plenty of time to dry before putting them in the system so they don't short out...If they short out you are fucked. ;)

Jesus Christ I just had the weirdest transaction. Met someone at a gas station to buy this Sony Dream Machine for $30. 

Told the guy I was inside( I wanted to test it in there ) and he said he was in his car. I walked up to him and asked if I could test it out. He gave it to me and kept texting on his phone, lol. I figured out quickly why he didn't want to come in. I went inside and plugged it in. First background picture that popped up: a penis o_0. Then there were some strange sexual images and gangster looking stuff in this slideshow. I quickly messed with the buttons and unplugged it. He walked in a couple minutes later and I gave him his money, and left.

I'm just glad it works and that Sony was smart enough to put a format option in this so I didn't have to browse his gallery to delete everything! It doesn't smell like tobacco surprisingly. I don't think I'm gonna meet anyone from this town I went to ever again. I've bought and sold a few things there and almost everyone looked shady as hell.

VTii17n.jpg

Oh yes I cleaned it lol.

Traded my copy of Titanfall for these 2 items. I originally bought my Xbox One console by itself because it was cheap and I hated Kinect( I didn't think MS would ever separate the Kinect LOL ). I have the Titanfall controller but I wanted to get the Day One controller at some point since my console is a Day One edition.

CHrls2o.jpg

Just saw a thing on the news where someone got robbed going to another persons house to buy a PS4.

Everyone who buys shit on CL, (continue to) be careful.

Oh yes I cleaned it lol.

Traded my copy of Titanfall for these 2 items. I originally bought my Xbox One console by itself because it was cheap and I hated Kinect( I didn't think MS would ever separate the Kinect LOL ). I have the Titanfall controller but I wanted to get the Day One controller at some point since my console is a Day One edition.

CHrls2o.jpg
REALLY great trade, congrats.

Just saw a thing on the news where someone got robbed going to another persons house to buy a PS4.

Everyone who buys shit on CL, (continue to) be careful.
I stopped using Craigslist when they beat the crap out of my husbands coworker and his coworkers son last year and robbed them of their money and car. :(

(It was a lot of money, they were buying a recent model Lexus)

That I know of they never caught the guys.

I stopped using Craigslist when they beat the crap out of my husbands coworker and his coworkers son last year and robbed them of their money and car. :(

(It was a lot of money, they were buying a recent model Lexus)

That I know of they never caught the guys.
that is really awful! people can be such asshat jerks sometimes.

that is really awful! people can be such asshat jerks sometimes.
Ya, people are fuck en crazy now.

I know most guys probably won't do this, but I recommend carrying Mace with you. I know Mace is illegal or whatever (a cop gave me mine, so I'm not sure where you buy it), but even at least some pepper spray with you can help you run away if need be.

I carry a sidearm whenever I go out for a CL transaction on my own.  I also make sure someone knows where I'm going. 

I really don't like going in someone's house since you never know what you're walking into, and I don't understand why anyone would want a stranger in their house. 

The last time I bought something, the person had me meet them at their trailer at night.  I texted when I arrived and the guy came out on the front porch and invited me in.  I had the gun in the small of my back with a coat on.  After getting inside I was greeted by his spouse and little girl.  I was a little more at ease, but some people have no problems rolling someone in front of their kids. 

They were pretty nice and it was a decent pick-up, but I noticed the guy kept staying on the other side of me, opposite his spouse and kid.  Only thing I figured was he saw the bulge and wanted to stay in a position where they were not all together where I could corral them.  I hope I didn't alarm him, but I'm not going to avoid protecting myself for someone else's comfort.  Hopefully next time he would agree to meet at a neutral site, especially when his child is home.

Ya, people are fuck en crazy now.

I know most guys probably won't do this, but I recommend carrying Mace with you. I know Mace is illegal or whatever (a cop gave me mine, so I'm not sure where you buy it), but even at least some pepper spray with you can help you run away if need be.
Mace is a brand of pepper spray and is in and of itself not illegal, however in some states pepper spray is illegal.

Cabela's sells pepper spray, even the stuff for bears! (other outdoor enthusiast stores may sell it depending on the state)

Depending on the state a stun gun or other electrical / electronic incapacitating device is a viable alternative for someone not wanting to carry a gun. (Taser is a company / brand).

Here is a list of some things that may keep you safe (not limited to meeting people on craigslist).

1. Meet in a public place.

2. Do not meet alone.

3. Be aware of your surroundings.

Well, I'm going to stop here since this has become a giant tangent.

I always meet at a busy place. If people want to test something, we meet at a gas station that has an outlet outside and I plug my extension cable into it.

I've been looking for a standard 3ds for my daughter lately and happened to find a decent deal for a Cosmo black that included 2 games for $120.
Met the guy today, ended up getting the console, final Fantasy 3 and legend of Zelda link between worlds for $100. After I got home I found out its also an ambassador system and has a couple extra games installed like Zelda Oracle of ages and sonic racing transformed.
Pretty happy with this purchase

Got a pick up today for $100

Wii with cables, wii-mote, nunchuk

Smash Bros Melee

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Animal Crossing gamecube

Harvest Moon gamecube

Zelda WindWaker

Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest

Harvest Moon Wii

Mario Party 4

Junky Tiger Woods game

2 memory cards

Got a pick up today for $100

Wii with cables, wii-mote, nunchuk

Smash Bros Melee

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Animal Crossing gamecube

Harvest Moon gamecube

Zelda WindWaker

Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest

Harvest Moon Wii

Mario Party 4

Junky Tiger Woods game

2 memory cards
Nice score!

In regards to the shadiness of Craigslist. Just don't meet under any conditions where you compromise your safety. Don't go to anyone's house, don't let anyone in yours. Meet in a public, busy area, such as a fastfood parking lot, and don't meet past dark.

Nice score!

In regards to the shadiness of Craigslist. Just don't meet under any conditions where you compromise your safety. Don't go to anyone's house, don't let anyone in yours. Meet in a public, busy area, such as a fastfood parking lot, and don't meet past dark.
Thanks - I originally jumped on it because it said extra assorted cables, and I was sure for a second I saw a gamecube component cable. Sadly just some black wii component cable. Still good - just not as good lol

As for the shadiness of Craigslist.... I guess I'm just really bad. It seems like 90% of people are just like come on in and I pretty much go for it. 90% of people I've gone to on Craigslist have just been families. Sometimes selling their kids stuff or selling their own stuff because they have kids (I've heard the wife made me or this is my husband's junk a scary amount of times).

Every time I get out of the car or head outside from a craigslist pick up I tell my girlfriend something like "if I don't come back, avenge my death" or if they are downstairs to pick up something "craigslist downstairs. not back, avenge death". (from the Beer Baron Simpsons episode).

Sadly, half the time when I come back upstairs to the apartment she never noticed I left at all and is like where'd you go.

10470009_10152543556373628_320236353_o.jpg
10468581_10152543556218628_1533223669_o.jpg
10449225_10152543556228628_1743070447_o.jpg
10445850_10152543556433628_1419677707_o.jpg

Just wanted to get alittle advice, never had a chance at getting a sealed N64 game. Does it look legit, or resealed? Any

help would be appreciated

Just wanted to get alittle advice, never had a chance at getting a sealed N64 game. Does it look legit, or resealed? Any

help would be appreciated
I can't see the finer details very good in your pictures but I think it's legit, I have a copy of Mario Party 3 that is the same with the seem from what I can tell, one seem line that goes across the top around one side and across the bottom. If I'm wrong I also have games that have the H seem (Covering the top, back & bottom) and 2 seem lines (one on the top and another on the bottom). These are all from games I bought at retail stores years ago.

$60! 

Edit: didn't realize till after I bought it that he placed the buttons with buttons from a Cosmo black 3ds. doesn't bother me though. 

0RBioz4.jpg

Finally had a decent craigslist score after a couple years (my area has more "I"m buying video games" ads than ads actually selling things).

Bought a black DS Lite with 6 games for $60 (I know, may have overpaid on this one, but I was looking for one).

When I went to pick it up, the woman also had a Vita for sale. It came with a 4GB memory card and COD for $100. Also got the original box. I asked if she had any other game stuff she wanted to sell and she showed me a drawer of Wii stuff, and in that drawer... Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn! So..

:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn  $20

I got a 3ds xl Zelda edition from a guy recently. I had originally planned on selling it on ebay, or to a guy at work that's been wanting one.
The guy said it had some games on it, but I wasn't sure what was on it. It ended up with etrian Odyssey 4, legend of Zelda, loz albw, Bravely default, fire emblem awakening, Monster Hunter 3 ultimate, both Harvest moon games, hometown story and a handful of other full retail games. I ended up paying a bit more than I wanted at $250,but it did one with all the original paperwork and packing materials.
And we transfered the nnid over to me obviously.
Now I have way too many 3ds consoles

Ok, so there is this guy advertising that he has hundreds of PS2 games available.  I contact him and the first thing he tells me about is he has to be careful about who he deals with because he had to call the police because he sold a truck to someone and now they are threatening him and his family.  Says he needs to see me in public before going to his home to view the games.

I'm a little apprehensive at even trying this deal after hearing that, hard telling what this person is actually like.

Any opinions on if I should chase this deal?

bread's done
Back