The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

Ok, so there is this guy advertising that he has hundreds of PS2 games available. I contact him and the first thing he tells me about is he has to be careful about who he deals with because he had to call the police because he sold a truck to someone and now they are threatening him and his family. Says he needs to see me in public before going to his home to view the games.

I'm a little apprehensive at even trying this deal after hearing that, hard telling what this person is actually like.

Any opinions on if I should chase this deal?
I personally wouldn't

Sounds fishy.

Two picks ups. One okay one great.

Okay one.

$80

Really nice condition DS Lite

Really nice condition GBA SP

18 games - with a few good ones like Pricess Peach, New Super Mario and a few others

Really just grabbed it because it was very close. I definitely paid more than normal but with the games it will be okay

$0 Free

bookcase

3 textbooks worth about 140 on amazon trade in

two ti-89 calculators

Can't beat free for like 225+ worth of stuff.

Ok, so there is this guy advertising that he has hundreds of PS2 games available. I contact him and the first thing he tells me about is he has to be careful about who he deals with because he had to call the police because he sold a truck to someone and now they are threatening him and his family. Says he needs to see me in public before going to his home to view the games.

I'm a little apprehensive at even trying this deal after hearing that, hard telling what this person is actually like.

Any opinions on if I should chase this deal?
da fuq. that's shady. got a small tv? meet somewhere like a gas station with an outside outlet and plug it into that to test the stuff. I've done it on Criagslist many times with electronics.

da fuq. that's shady. got a small tv? meet somewhere like a gas station with an outside outlet and plug it into that to test the stuff. I've done it on Criagslist many times with electronics.
We had delayed the meeting because of conflicting schedules, I just never contacted him again. I was really curious about what he had, says it was over 200 PS2 games and some 40 Xbox games. Just not worth the possibility of the encounter going foul.

I mentioned bringing them all to a neutral location but he wasn't game.

It's actually an hour or so south of you. We can both meet there and outnumber him, split the goodies.

Picked this up for $30, at first I wasn't sure if I was getting gamestop leftovers but it turns out they were all one owner games so the cases are actually very clean and taken care of, they also threw in a almost new copy of playboy and a handful of ps1 bowling and sports games

[attachment=6382:image.jpg]

I finally looked through the lot and didn't even realize that 7 of the games were still sealed,lol. Ssx,nascar 07, hard rock, smackdown vs raw 2007, atv off-road fury 2, race to the rally, and espn international track. Seems ssx might be decent since it's not the greatest hits version. Unfortunately even though the cases and manuals are in great shape , most discs do have scratches

I just picked up a $230 gamecube lot.

gamecube console

power cable

wired controller

2 wave birds with recievers

psyclone s-video cable

OFFICIAL COMPONENT CABLE

Zelda collectors edition

Zelda Wind Waker

Zelda Twilight Princess

Super Smash Bros Melee

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Metroid Prime

F-Zero GX

007 Nightfire

Resident Evil Zero

I just picked up a $230 gamecube lot.

gamecube console
power cable
wired controller
2 wave birds with recievers
psyclone s-video cable
OFFICIAL COMPONENT CABLE
Zelda collectors edition
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros Melee
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
007 Nightfire
Resident Evil Zero
Bravo! That cable is my white whale. Someday... Lol

iPad 2 16GB for $75. Small crack in the corner that doesn't affect the screen. Not as good of a deal as the iPad 3 I got for $110 lol. Sister is buying this from me for school.

uM0vxm9.jpg

Had two different pick ups. Totalling about 25 complete Big Box PC games for $100.

I have to keep going through but some good ones include 3 of the original Leisure Suit Larry games, Warcraft, Warcraft 2, X-Com, Wizardry Games, King's Quest games, Space Quest, and a bunch of other Sierra, strategy and RPG games.

A few are still sealed like an expansion pack for Warcraft 2 (something like extra 70 levels or something).

I will have to spend some time going through them all.

It was strange picking up to lots of complete 80's PC games the same day, but I was happy.

There was a guy that used to live in my town that had 1000s of big box pc games (between 15-20 years ago). I still have my copy of fallout I bought from him (I thought it looked cool because I've always been into 50s/60s pop culture). Do people really collect Big Box PC games? I think my fallout is complete, but my other games I think I tossed the boxes since PC were never worth anything for years.

There was a guy that used to live in my town that had 1000s of big box pc games (between 15-20 years ago). I still have my copy of fallout I bought from him (I thought it looked cool because I've always been into 50s/60s pop culture). Do people really collect Big Box PC games? I think my fallout is complete, but my other games I think I tossed the boxes since PC were never worth anything for years.
Definitely not worth anything close to boxed Nintendo or SNES, but still have some values.

Specifically Lucasarts, Sierra, etc. I was looking at the ones I got yesterday and there is a mint copy of Elder Scrolls Arena. There are 3 on ebay with the cheapest being 150. Will it acutally sell? who knows.

Games like Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, etc. have a big following. Then to a lesser but still good degree are all the Sierra games, etc.

Picked up a disc only copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee today for $10.  I've been looking for it for quite a while now and I couldn't resist the price.  I most likely got lucky that the seller misspelled Melee so any flippers searching for it probably missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. Some pawn shop has taken 1/2 the listings in my local electronics section. Seems like a bit much. I would flag them but it wouldn't do any good.

Currently on vacation, and anything on Craiglist here is either ebay priced or just plain ridiculous. Very few finds.

Posted a ad for some gameboy games and someone texted me saying they had Bomberman, was stained and just plain disgusting, he wanted $20.

Only decent find were a few GameCube games at 0.50 cents, most were scratched though.

Thirty dollar Intellivision pickup today. Adding eight games to my personal collection and flipping the rest. Works like a charm. Highlights include Kool Aid Man and Dracula. 

Intellivision Lot by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Bought the following:
ps2 slim with controller and memory card-$20
1981 Battleship game(Complete)-$2
U.S. Military themed Monopoly(Mostly complete)-$2
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix (complete game with case and manual)-$3

Decent stuff from craiglist

Moar from craiglist:
Mario Party 1
Quest 64
Shaq-fu (SNES)
Super Punch-Out
Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Paid $20 for everything and none of them worked. Ended up cleaning all of them and they work perfectly now. Was able to sell the non n64 games for $20 the next day.

Here my recent haul from the past week or so.

$20:
Starfox - SNES
Captain America and the Avengers - SNES

$100:
Complete NES system
Magic darts
Marble madness
Short order
Eggsplode
Techno Super Bowl
Rad racer
Big foot
Super spike V ball
Arch rivals - basketbrawl
Super Mario bros, duck hunt, world class track meet
RBI baseball
RBI baseball 2
Dr. Chaos
Dr. Mario
Guardian Legend
Seicross
teenage mutant ninja turtle
Techno bowl

Sega genesis in the original box with manual and styrofoam
Aura Interactor virtual reality game wear
Power pad for Nintendo

$135
Neo Geo X Gold with Mega Pack Vol 1. ( updated to latest firmware also in original box and like new)

$85
NES Top Loader ( needs some cleaning, but works very well)
Killer Instinct Gold -N64

$20
Super Castlevania 4

6avyzuve.jpg

Picked this up today!

No kinect, but system looks brand new and runs great. Was unregistered too, and still has warranty until December!

All for the low low price of. . . $260:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been having several ads flagged in the past week and I don't know why. Is there a limit to how many ads you can post? The pricing I have is fair( and I have or best offer ). I did make a new account for the flagged ads and they have been fine so far.

They got taken down shortly after renewing them. 

Update- just refreshed an ad just now and it got taken down in 5min. wth.

Got a decent n64 bundle for $20, it included:
2 controllers (joysticks are near firm and one is a super pad )
System with cords (Works, but cords are utter crap so I threw them away. I have spares anyway)
Expansion pak
Golden Eye (His kids drew freckles on James Bond's face)
Star Wars shadow of the empire
Wave Racer
Some crappy sport game

Was also supposed to get Crusin USA but guy forgot to give and realized when I got home, but was too lazy to get something $3-$5 in resell value.

I've been having several ads flagged in the past week and I don't know why. Is there a limit to how many ads you can post? The pricing I have is fair( and I have or best offer ). I did make a new account for the flagged ads and they have been fine so far.

They got taken down shortly after renewing them.

Update- just refreshed an ad just now and it got taken down in 5min. wth.
Probably a local reseller hatin'! Happens to my ads all the time as well.

On topic: picked up an all black complete in box 3ds xl with link to the past and pokemon y. Also came with the Walmart receipt with a three year warranty. Has Zelda four swords installed. $125.

Off topic: if I format the 3ds I'm assuming Zelda will be deleted. Will I be able to redownload it?

20140802_152148.jpg

Facebook deal, I guess craigslist area is the closest category.Lady was moving, originally wanted 20 for ps2 system and controllers,

those few ps2 games, dreamcast system and 3 controllers, with crazy taxi 1 and 2, and gamecube with 1 controller, no games.Set up to pick up a few days later. Get messaged, that if i pick up that day, I can have it for 10. When I get there, she brings out the box and says

"I found all these gamecube games, you can just have them", which I said thank you, and left happily :)  Luigi missing manual, otherwise

everything complete

Today I got a Xbox 360 elite with a 120GB, and 2 controllers for $70!

Probably going to sell the system soon and keep the controllers. 

gOIMVas.jpg

I need opinions. I can get this all for $225. The xbox is a 250gb. The ps3 needs a new hard drive. Decent deal?

It's only one ps3 not two. He sold the other one

So I got ripped. Any and all help is appreciated. The 360 doesn't read discs and turns itself off after a few minutes. Anyone know a fix for that? I've never owned an xbox so I'm lost

That sucks man. Sometimes an issue like that is hard/expensive to fix. I'm usually very cautious when buying systems on there. I bring a small TV with me along with an extension cable to test the thing out( usually done at a gas station ).

If you ever find one with the warranty seal off I would avoid buying it.

Picked up this lot for $100 today. (Plus $5 for the 2 Dreamcast games.)

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

PS2 w/ 2 memory cards + 2 wireless controllers

PS1 w/ 2 memory cards + dualshock controller + gameshark

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, FF7, FF8, Resident Evil 2, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Saga Frontier 2, Spec Ops Covert Assault

PS2: Xenosaga Ep 1, MGS3: Subsistence, Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, FFXII Collector's Edition, DMC3: SE, Sega Classics Collection

Dreamcast: Mortal Kombat Gold, Marvel Vs Capcom

Guides: FF8, FFX, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus

About half for my collection, the other half to trade or flip. :D Should easily break even selling the dupes while gaining some nice new stuff to keep.

So I got ripped. Any and all help is appreciated. The 360 doesn't read discs and turns itself off after a few minutes. Anyone know a fix for that? I've never owned an xbox so I'm lost
That sucks man. Reminds me when I got ripped off by a college professor from my school.

I'm assuming you guys meetup? Don't do that when you can't test it out. You gotta suck it up and just get it fix. Do it yourself (ex. youtube videos) or at your local shop (yelp it).

Had a pick up today that wasn't too bad.

Guy posted N64 lot for $60. He emailed me and then someone offered 75 so I topped it at 85 and ended up getting it.

N64

2 controllers - sticks are a little loose, not horrible but have seen some Mario Party

Smash Bros

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Mario Party 1

Mario Party 2

Majora's Mask

Donkey Kong

Goldeneye

and like 5 more I can't remember off the top of my head

found this on CL for $20

PSP1001 not a single scratch or ding on it the only thing wrong is the thumb glider thing is missing but it looks like it is just a piece that pops on and off so i might look for another

the guy listed it as just the system and official Sony neoprene sleeve but when he got there he gave me a brand new charger and in the system was a 1gb memory card and Metal Gear Acid 2

not bad

[attachment=7523:WP_20140820_005.jpg]

Had a good find today. Better after the guy I mentioned in the yardsale thread (having a yardsale but wants $40, $60 or above for games hah).

For $55 I got a ton of tpbs and some individual issues.

The Boys - Volume 1-12
Powers Bureau Volume 1
The Walking Dead - Volume 1, Volume 5 - 20
Ex Machina Volume 1 - 7
Astro City - The Dark Ages 1 & 2, The Tarnished Angel, Family Album
Manhatten Projects - Volume 1 & 2
Habibi - Craig Thompson
Ghost World - Daniel Clowes
Kabuki: Circle of Blood - consists of Kabuki: Fear the Reaper and Circle of Blood #1--6
Kabuki: Dreams - consists of Kabuki Color Special, Kabuki: Dreams of the Dead, Kabuki #1/2, and The Ghost Play
Kabuki: Masks of Noh - consists of Masks of the Noh #1--4
Kabuki: Skin Deep - consists of Kabuki: Skin Deep #1--3
Kabuki: Metamorphosis - consists of Kabuki #1--9
Kabuki: Scarab, Lost in Translation - consists of Kabuki: Scarab #1--8 and new material (Image Comics, 2002, ISBN 1-58240-258-2)
Kabuki: The Alchemy - limited series, 9 issues

Unwritten - volume 1 - 3

Books of Magic

Rising Stars vol 1 - 3

Only thing she listed that I missed was someone had already bought 100 Bullets :/

She also said she sold a ton of other stuff recently. I don't know how I missed it. I need to make a bunch of terms that I search on Craiglist on a daily basis. She said she had all of Fables and a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully I was in San Diego at Comic-Con so I just don't feel like I missed it.

Grabbed these for $25 total. Fun little retro items. The scoreboard is complete inside of the gross box, but the contents are in great shape. 

15046590431_00dde34e01_m.jpg

14863096157_25323b8831_m.jpg

Should I pick this up?

Guy has some Game cube games listed, $70 for the lot of 21 games.  It includes Mario Party 4, Super Mario Sunshine, NBA Street Vol. 3 and Luigi's Mansion.  But it also includes 5 copies of Madden and one baseball game.  Essentially I value it at $70 / 15 decent games = $4.67 each.

Already have Sunshine and Party 4, my Luigi's Mansion is not the greatest condition and interested in Street Vol. 3.  The rest of it is mediocre. 

Should I pick this up?

Guy has some Game cube games listed, $70 for the lot of 21 games. It includes Mario Party 4, Super Mario Sunshine, NBA Street Vol. 3 and Luigi's Mansion. But it also includes 5 copies of Madden and one baseball game. Essentially I value it at $70 / 15 decent games = $4.67 each.

Already have Sunshine and Party 4, my Luigi's Mansion is not the greatest condition and interested in Street Vol. 3. The rest of it is mediocre.
Hmmm, I would offer $20 for the 3 games you want (explaining you already have a cube)... or $50 for the lot....

Hmmm, I would offer $20 for the 3 games you want (explaining you already have a cube)... or $50 for the lot....
I countered with $60 and he's holding firm at $70. I would be paying full price for the three good games with the rest for free, but those free games aren't that good. There was someone else that was originally going to purchase a majority of the good stuff essentially leaving the sports games but he apparently pulled out. He wanted $40 for what was left!

I'll see if I can get the good games for cheaper, otherwise I'm going to pass. Just don't want to spend that much for something I'm not excited about.

Edit: $50 for Sunshine, Party 4, Luigi's Mansion and NBA Street Vol. 3. Think I'm just going to pass.

I countered with $60 and he's holding firm at $70. I would be paying full price for the three good games with the rest for free, but those free games aren't that good. There was someone else that was originally going to purchase a majority of the good stuff essentially leaving the sports games but he apparently pulled out. He wanted $40 for what was left!

I'll see if I can get the good games for cheaper, otherwise I'm going to pass. Just don't want to spend that much for something I'm not excited about.

Edit: $50 for Sunshine, Party 4, Luigi's Mansion and NBA Street Vol. 3. Think I'm just going to pass.
Hmmm. You wouldn't happen to be going to Fort Wayne this weekend would you lol. I'm going there Saturday and I have a copy of Party 4 and NBA Street V3 I was looking to sell soon, if you're interested.

one of those fb yard sale pages.. guy lowballed the shit out of her and she took $100 :cry:

sad thing about it is he is a rampant reseller on the page and i missed it by like 30 seconds and wanted it for my kid

Capture222222222_zps863bdb53.jpg

I would have posted an offer of $150 for the hell of it. I never see any rule on these FB pages about the first person to respond has dibs.

That sucks. I've seen resellers get called out on my local page. Interesting drama sometimes.

i told her i would give her asking price but she sold it to him anyways.. i probably wouldve sold one or two of the games to make some money back but the majority wouldve went to my son

bread's done
Back