The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

80$ for Onyx DS Lite plus a cart only Pokemon Diamond, is that a good deal? Guy says it's a year and a half old, sent me some pics and it looks in great shape.

As an aside it's nice from time to time to deal with some craiglisters that are actually very nice and not seemingly illiterate.

[quote name='panamared']Sorry if this agitates any of you, but I was just browsing craigslist and wondering if this is worth picking up. I offered the seller $35 after pretty much just scanning the ad, but now I'm not sure it's even worth that much as it's mostly sports games. Please let me know if this is worth picking up to even play as I don't really know jack about Genesis. It's gotta be worth it just to pick up Shaq-Fu...:)

http://duluth.craigslist.org/vgm/1265206859.html

Sega Genesis w/ 31 Games - $50 (Duluth, MN)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-11, 5:25PM CDT

Sega Genesis with one controller and 31 games. Still works great. The games are Aladdin, Barkley Shut up and Jam, Battletech, Cal Ripken Jr. Baseball, Judge Dredd, King Salmon, Lethal Enforcers, Mario Lemieux Hockey, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat 1 & 3, NBA Jam Tounament Edition, NFL Quarterback Club 96, NHL 96, Primal Rage, Revolution X, Rocket Knight Adventures, Samurai Showdown, Shadow of the Beast 2, Shaq-Fu, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition, Super Street Fighter 2, Star Trek The Next Generation, Taz-Mania, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters, World Series Baseball, World Series Baseball 95, World Series Baseball 98, and WWF Raw.

[/QUOTE]
Hahahahaha!!!!! This turned out to be a couple of cousin's on my ma's side's cousin. Their dad is my ma's brother, and this is his wife's sister's kid. I can't believe what a small world we live in!!! In an area of about 120,000 people, this shit is always happening to me!!! He's gonna give it all to me for $30. Not too bad at all. Too bad it wasn't a Super Nintendo with 31 games instead.;)

Picked up a Playstation model SCPH-5501 w/2 controllers, 1 memory card and 25 games for $30.. including Klonoa Door to Phantomile (has manual cover.. but the actual manual was cut off, I believe it was an ex rental from Rogers Video, but great shape otherwise).

Complete:
Wild 9
Driver You Are the Wheelman
Medal of Honor
NHL 2001
Grand Theft Auto 2
Rock Em Sock Em Robots Arena
Gex
Magic Carpet
Spyro the Dragon
Tokyo Highway Battle
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
WWF SmackDown! 2 Know Your Role
The Lost World : Jurassic Park
World Cup 98
Kickboxing
Gran Turismo
Interactive Sampler Volume 5
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Missing Manual:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
Tarzan

Disc only:
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Speed Punks
Atari Anniversary Edition Redux
The City of Lost Children
NFL Xtreme 2

Had a mini craigslist score a few days ago; I cherry picked some cart only Gameboy/GBC and Gameboy Advance games for $2.50 each (was originally asking $5 each on the Gameboy/GBC games and $10 :roll: on the GBA games). The rest listed in the ad were generally crap that I wouldn't pay $2.50 for LOL.

The carts were all in fantastic shape...I even switched out a few of the games in my collection since these carts were so perfect looking. And yes I did double check to make sure they weren't bootlegs before I bought them, believe me I was suspicious they looked so good! Wish they weren't cart only, but hey I've been selling all the extra GB/GBC games I looted from the Gamestop clearance for 10-20 times what I paid, and generally have been getting 5 times what I've paid on GBA games whenever they have a B2G1 or 20%+ off GBA coupon. These will definitely get me around 6-10 times what I paid, at the very least, judging from my previous sales of the same games.

I offered $20 for the following he had listed, which he accepted:

Zelda Oracle of Ages
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Leaf Green
Zelda Minish Cap
Super Mario Advance 3 or 4 (whichever one is Super Mario Bros 3.)

[quote name='karkyco']Had a mini craigslist score a few days ago; I cherry picked some cart only Gameboy/GBC and Gameboy Advance games for $2.50 each (was originally asking $5 each on the Gameboy/GBC games and $10 :roll: on the GBA games). The rest listed in the ad were generally crap that I wouldn't pay $2.50 for LOL.

The carts were all in fantastic shape...I even switched out a few of the games in my collection since these carts were so perfect looking. And yes I did double check to make sure they weren't bootlegs before I bought them, believe me I was suspicious they looked so good! Wish they weren't cart only, but hey I've been selling all the extra GB/GBC games I looted from the Gamestop clearance for 10-20 times what I paid, and generally have been getting 5 times what I've paid on GBA games whenever they have a B2G1 or 20%+ off GBA coupon. These will definitely get me around 6-10 times what I paid, at the very least, judging from my previous sales of the same games.

I offered $20 for the following he had listed, which he accepted:

Zelda Oracle of Ages
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Leaf Green
Zelda Minish Cap
Super Mario Advance 3 or 4 (whichever one is Super Mario Bros 3.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the pokemon games are getting top dollar especially on amazon from all the demand. I ordered a gameboy pocket w/legend of zelda LA off of amazon today with my p2s points. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. Original gameboy games are definetly going on my look-for list now. Hope I can find some in the wild. I wanna start getting into gameboy again, haven't played one in years now. I've seen the pikachu edition gameboy pocket at a sellers flea booth, but it wasn't priced, and i passed on it. Maybe i'll check out what some of the guys on here have for sale. Does gamestop carry the grey games still? Were they like 75% off or something? I wanna try to find some in the wild first though.

If you find a GS that still has them, they are 75% off. I know I've bought most of the decent games in my area, but you might be lucky. Try using the store locator with show backordered items. You can find the GB/GBC section under the Used tab at the top.

Well, my search for a DS Lite is over, picked up this lot yesterday for 65$:

Cobalt DS Lite
Animal Crossing Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Case

Didn't have a charger though. This one was weird, the guy was a pain in the ass to deal with, I kept asking him for his number and he always avoided the question, and he insisted on meeting in a public place. Those two things are the perfect recipe for being stood up so I didnt plan on going, but he told me where he wanted to meet and it was like 5 minutes from me so I just said what the hell and went. Turns out it was some 8 year old kid selling his DS, so I guess it makes sense he didn't have a cell, whatever, everything was forgiven and I was happy.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Yeah, the pokemon games are getting top dollar especially on amazon from all the demand. I ordered a gameboy pocket w/legend of zelda LA off of amazon today with my p2s points. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. Original gameboy games are definetly going on my look-for list now. Hope I can find some in the wild. I wanna start getting into gameboy again, haven't played one in years now. I've seen the pikachu edition gameboy pocket at a sellers flea booth, but it wasn't priced, and i passed on it. Maybe i'll check out what some of the guys on here have for sale. Does gamestop carry the grey games still? Were they like 75% off or something? I wanna try to find some in the wild first though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, some Gamestops STILL have Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, but they went to the maximum 75% off (85% off with Edge) clearance late last year, so you're half a year behind the curve. But, luckily, very few people even knew about the clearance because most Gamestops either sent their GB/GBC games to other stores (or to a central warehouse), or put them in storage in their backrooms. So it's worth it to ask at every store you go to whether they still have any in stock, and then cherry pick the good ones.

A few of us on here ended up with literally hundreds of GB/GBC games, most well under $1.00 each and virtually all under $1.50 each. At one goldmine store, I ended up with about 50 games and a 4+ foot long receipt, LOL. It took the register literally 5 minutes to calculate all of the discounts and tally the total. I believe the bill was something like $38.xx total. :lol:

I went from a collection of all of maybe 2 or 3 GB/GBC games, to about 200 GB games and another 100+ GBC games. While I'm still missing some key gems (mainly Megaman 4 and 5, Shantae, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil Gaiden), I got just about everything else that was remotely worth getting. And the extras have been selling like hotcakes on Amazon.

Just picked up an NES game bundle, 13 games for $20. Paid the asking price - I was the first person to respond to his email reply, so he held them for me. I bet a bunch of people are kicking themselves for lagging on this one.

While a bit more than I normally would have been willing to pay, the quality of games in the bundle was high especially since a few of the games were worth the twenty I paid all by themselves, and as a pleasant surprise/bonus, they were all complete and the carts, boxes and instructions were just in perfect condition from the initial inspection I gave them. Needless to say, there are a few upgrades of the copies in my collection (and I now have a boxed/complete/mint set of all 6 NES Megamans, WOOT!) and since most of these are extras, they will be going up on eBay/amazon shortly.

I would have paid the $20 even if they were cart only and in average condition, and was expecting them to be so on the drive over since he didn't post any pictures in the ad and never mentioned anything regarding their condition or being complete.

Standouts were Megaman 4, Megaman 5, and Dragon Warrior 2. The guy already deleted the ad, and the games are in the car so I might forget one or two, but it consisted of:

NEVER MIND FOUND THE PRINTOUT I MADE OF THE AD:

Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Dragon Warrior 2
Final Fantasy
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Duck Hunt
Gyromite
Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest
Duck Tales
Rollerblade Racers (?)
Back to the Future
The Simpsons: Bart versus the Space Mutants

--------------------------

Also, someone at my office who knows I'm into games gave me an N64 console (original dark grey) with 2 light grey official controllers, memory pack, and Super Smash Bros Melee, WCW World Tour and WCW v. NWO all cart only. All of which will most likely be put up for sale/trade.

--------------------------

LOL, this ad just came up; 4 cart only NES sports games for $15 (errr, it says $10 in the ad though - still ripoff city!)...definitely puts into perspective that NES score:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/vgm/1269999678.html

These are original NES games in great shape...the tittles are Double Dribble , Track and Field II, Bases Loaded 3 and Major League Baseball. All 4 at a low price of $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope someone on CAG picked this up, if it's still available. If not, I might contact them tomorrow to see if they still have it. Not a great asking price but not bad either...no doubt could score the bundle for $20 or so.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/1262201452.html

VINTAGE NINTENDO w/games NES-001 1985 - $30 (Sherman Oaks)

Date: 2009-07-09, 6:16PM PDT

VINTAGE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM NES-001 1985
Games:
1. Tecmo Bowl
2. Castlevania
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Pro Wrestling
5. Double Dragon
6. Wrecking Crew
7. Tetris
8. Top Gun

just picked this up today. very first experience with craigs list too.

30 bucks out the door.

Craigs%20List%20071409_Shrunk.jpg

I'm very very happy. :bouncy:

oh dude i didnt even see you are from detroit. How are the garage sales down there? seems there would be more then up here.
and i dont think i'll ever see another master system again. i'm really happy i snagged it!

Not actually from Detroit, but close enough to say I am :lol:

The yard sales down here a kind of mediocre, everyone wants ebay prices and no one will go lower. Occasionally I'll find a deal, like a GameCube with Crazy Taxi for $3, but most of the time, I don't find squat. Goodwills, on the other hand, have been like a goldmine of classic games recently. I think some guy is unloading his Genesis games as they become available on VC, because I'm finding some great, complete Genny games at goodwill. You'd think he'd at least Craigslist them, but I'm not gonna argue.

I never see anything good on Craigslist around me either. Best I've seen is an NES for $30 but I'd rather spend an extra for one with new pins and the buyer protection you get through eBay and PayPal. I rarely ever see people having garage sales around me. I need check the thrift store near me. May have something.

Don't get one with new pins. They're all cheaply made and will bend out of place just like the originals, but in less time. Find one on the (very) cheap, open that bad boy up and bend the pins back yourself. Really easy to do, and only takes a few minutes. I've brought four NES systems back from the dead doing this.

I already ordered one for a little under $50 over the weekend :(

On the plus side, I searched NES to see if someone was still selling one for $30. I found someone in my town selling an NES Advantage, Super Mario Bros, Contra, and some other games for $25. Just sent an email.

Ah, its not a huge deal. At least you don't have to do the work yourself, right? :D

Congrats on the deal. My copy of Contra has almost no label, and the part that has a label is full of mold. Still works, though. I just don't want to touch it.

Yeah. I do have experience building a computer but I'd rather pay a little extra to have someone do it for me. Though I wouldn't mind USPS destroying the package and collecting the insurance and getting one cheaper elsewhere. Or even getting one for $57 that comes with a light gun and SMB/Duckhunt.

Hopefully no one has contacted that guy. He did post the ad today so I hope I'm not too late. I'd even pay $30 for it. I'm really anxious for a reply. But few people are probably up responding to email at 11:30 at night.

Awesome score on the Sega Master System and complete games.

Just keep your eye out on craigslist, stoop/yard/garage sales, flea markets etc IceDrake. In Jersey there should be no shortage of vintage game systems, particularly NESesussuses, that can be had on the cheap. Same with light guns and extremely commons like Duck Hunt.

[quote name='karkyco']NESesussuses[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I said "NES systems" :lol:

Duck Hunt and light guns are extremely easy to come by. I got mine for free! My dad worked at a trailer park a few years ago cleaning out the trailers of tenants that had been evicted. I got an NES, SMB/DH with gun, Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge, NES Q*bert, a non-working Genesis, Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles (!) and a Sears electric organ from the 70's that I still play all the time.

/brag

Point is, you can find all of this stuff for cheap if you keep your eyes open for it. Good luck hunting!

Pretty good deal, considering the games included. Maybe get it for $40...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/vgm/1270743494.html

Sega Dreamcast w/ games - $60 (Hollywood)

Date: 2009-07-14, 11:55PM PDT

Hey I was digging through some stuff and came across my old sega dreamcast that i barely ever used. Works like new and comes with all the stock stuff (controller, ac cable, hi capacity memory card). I'm also throwing in all my games, I have Shenmue 2, Worms Armageddon, Silver, PowerStone 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Resident Evil 3, Jet Grind Radio, E.G.G., Super Magnetic Neo, MDK 2, and Legacy of Kain.

------------------------

And another one. Dude dropped his price from $40 for the lot to $30. The disc only Ogre Battle is worth it alone.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/vgm/1270950801.html
RARE PLAY STATION 1 GAMES - $30 (norwalk ca)

Date: 2009-07-15, 6:48AM PDT

I HAVE 4 RARE GAMES FOR PLAY STATION 1 THEY ARE SCRATCH BUT YOU COULD STILL PLAY THEM......THE GAMES ARE.......WAR CRAFT 2......RESIDENT EVIL DIRECTORS CUT........RESIDENT EVIL 2 DISK 1 AND 2 DONT HAVE THE CASE........OGRE BATTLE LIMITED EDITION VERY RARE ........DONT HAVE CASE ................CONTACT NUMBER IS 562-219-1665 ASK FOR ELVIS

Picked up the listing I saw on Craigslist. NES Advantage, Super Mario Bros, Contra, and this game called Wood & Water Rage. I don't know what it is but it's made by LJN so it's probably crap. All are in great condition and came with the dust jackets. The stuff had some dust on it but it doesn't look too bad. Cost me $25 which I think was worth it.

[quote name='icedrake523']Picked up the listing I saw on Craigslist. NES Advantage, Super Mario Bros, Contra, and this game called Wood & Water Rage. I don't know what it is but it's made by LJN so it's probably crap. All are in great condition and came with the dust jackets. The stuff had some dust on it but it doesn't look too bad. Cost me $25 which I think was worth it.[/QUOTE]

T & C Surf Designs, it's actually about as good as an LJN game gets lol

[quote name='icedrake523']Picked up the listing I saw on Craigslist. NES Advantage, Super Mario Bros, Contra, and this game called Wood & Water Rage. I don't know what it is but it's made by LJN so it's probably crap. All are in great condition and came with the dust jackets. The stuff had some dust on it but it doesn't look too bad. Cost me $25 which I think was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Contra is selling for $16 alone, i don't know if that's because of a sudden high demand, or because it's somehow getting scarcer

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']Found 4 GBA carts in the case that came with the DS. They're all ass but still it's an added bonus. Also there was a Mario handkerchief thingy.[/QUOTE]

Ewww. Hopefully unused.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Contra is selling for $16 alone, i don't know if that's because of a sudden high demand, or because it's somehow getting scarcer[/QUOTE]

It's always been one of the higher demand games. And just as with some other extremely common/mass produced games, there still are not enough to meet demand. Thus the higher value than other similarly common (yet equally good) NES games.

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-with-lot-of-stuff-MUST-GO-W0QQAdIdZ142210152

What's a good price for all this? Obviously the ad says 100 but the guy says there are better offers.[/QUOTE]

Dude pay the $100. Tell him you have the $100 he is asking and can pick it up immediately. Or if he tries to play around and say "there are higher offers", ask him to cut to the chase and tell you how much he really wants for that bundle, no games, you are serious and will pick up immediately.

But don't go much higher than the $100 - maybe $120 or $125. $150 max if you are really desperate for the bundle.

Picking this up this weekend for $40.

Super Nintendo Console with 2 controllers, power adapter, rf adapter and RCA cables to connect to TV.

10 games:
Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars (game/manual/players guide)
Zelda: A link to the Past (game/manual/players guide)
NBA Live '96 (game/manual)
Uniracers (game/manual)
Ken Griffy Jr baseball (game only)
NBA Jam (game only)
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game (game only)
Madden 96 (game only)
Street Fighter 2 (game only)
NHL 94 (game only)

Yeah, that bundle is very odd but definitely worth the $40 and then some.

That Super Mario RPG with manual and guide, plus the Zelda with manual and guide, and the system itself are outstanding. SF2 is icing on an already overly iced cake.

The sports games, meh. Except for NBA Jam and Wrestlemania, those games were fun as hell. You can use the others for target practice.

Lol. Now, now, Uniracers was an awesome game. If you're gonna use it for target practice, see if you can throw it as far as my house. I'll take it.

But yeah, great find! It's like you bought Super Mario RPG and got everything else free..

Even better! I've bought so many "lots"(package deals) on craigslist that I've got two SNESs, two NESs, and three N64s. The total from selling each of them would amount to me having a nearly free classic game console collection.

But seriously... If you've never played Uniracers, give it a shot before tossing it out or selling it on CL.

[quote name='phoenix529']Even better! I've bought so many "lots"(package deals) on craigslist that I've got two SNESs, two NESs, and three N64s. The total from selling each of them would amount to me having a nearly free classic game console collection.

But seriously... If you've never played Uniracers, give it a shot before tossing it out or selling it on CL.[/QUOTE]

This is true...every time I buy lots I can easily recoup my losses just by selling the games and systems I already have, heck most of the times I make more money then what I paid. It's like getting paid to receive games.

[quote name='phoenix529']Even better! I've bought so many "lots"(package deals) on craigslist that I've got two SNESs, two NESs, and three N64s. The total from selling each of them would amount to me having a nearly free classic game console collection.

But seriously... If you've never played Uniracers, give it a shot before tossing it out or selling it on CL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm planning on keeping Super Mario RPG, Zelda, Uniracers, NBA Jam, Wrestlemania and Street Fighter. I'll throw all of the sports games in with the SNES on eBay and get some money back. Ken Griffey Jr. is still one of my favorite baseball games, but I alreayd have it.

I know! I love CL. But lately, I've hit a dry spell. It's all 360's and Wii's for $300+. I don't want any new systems. I want the gold. I did stop at a random yard sale today and find both a Commodore 64(CIB+20 games) and a ColecoVision(CIB + Some controller sets CIB and Expansion Module #2 CIB +30 games) for $100 each. Amazing prices, I just didn't have $100 on me.

I searched Craigslist and I just got Rock Band 2 bundle (PS3--complete in great shape--he said it was only played 5 times) for $60.

I wouldn't have jumped on it but I want my kids to practice before Beatles RB comes out. Plus we can use an extra guitar and mic. I'll probably sell the drums off later.

After the deal, I asked if he had any other games for sale. He said only the "Genesis game" . . . so I gave him $5 for a mint complete copy of The Genesis Collection for the PS3.

Do you re-sell on ebay or craigslist though? I have a hard time re-selling old systems on craigslist, alot of people won't pay it, granted i haven't tried much.

For some reason, my local area sells old systems like hotcakes. The Commodore and Coleco at the yard sale had three people hovering over it asking if he would go lower. I've sold mine on CL cause I can't STAND my local Post Office.

(grumble grumble...)

Is this a good deal?

$35 for all:

Gamecube + 4 controllers & hookups, Gameboy Player, Memory Card, MArio Party, SMB 3 (assume he means something else mario)

Genesis - Controllers & hookups,Light Gun, Sonic, Clue, Madden 94, Pac-Man.

Thoughts?

Picked up the following for $8.00:

Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal

All cart only, good deal nonetheless.

[quote name='Doomstink']Picked up the following for $8.00:

Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal

All cart only, good deal nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Wow that was a steal. I picked up a bunch of Pokemon's at yardsales two weeks ago, but no Silver or Crystal.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Is this a good deal?

$35 for all:

Gamecube + 4 controllers & hookups, Gameboy Player, Memory Card, MArio Party, SMB 3 (assume he means something else mario)

Genesis - Controllers & hookups,Light Gun, Sonic, Clue, Madden 94, Pac-Man.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Get it. The Gameboy Players themselves go for $30-40 while the Mario Parties still hit $30 in most circles. Not to mention the Sega's Light Gun.

Nice find!

[quote name='Doomstink']Picked up the following for $8.00:

Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal

All cart only, good deal nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I've been trying to find those lately. Good for you!

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']which Mario Party? You could probably sell just that and recoup the cost.[/QUOTE]

Mario Party 4 - complete

Super Mario Bros 3 is the GBA one - Mario Advanced 4 (i think)

Good deal?

bread's done
Back