The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Picked this N64 bundle up this morning. Guy was asking $55, I shot him an email offer of $40 with the usual "here is my best offer, I will not flake, take your time and wait as long as you like to consider other offers blah blah blah" shpiel thinking he wouldn't go for it, and he shot back an email within 15 minutes saying he accepts my offer.

Set up the meet and scored the loot. It's the Pikachu console, one matching two tone controller blue/yellow, another blue official controller, and the games of course. All games are cart only but in excellent condition.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1560388123.html

This Nintendol 64 pokemon edition is in excellent condition, though it has a few scratches, but is in 100% working codition. It comes with two Nintendo 64 controllers and comes with six Nintendo 64 games which are also in 100% working codition. Asking $55 or best offer. Cash only and local pick up only - no shipping. Have a great day!

* Super Mario 64
* Pokemon Snap
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Paper Mario
* Super Smash Bros
* Mario Party 3

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I saw a boxed 60gb Ps3 yesterday for $100 without cords from an older lady but missed it by 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

what a find! great job scoring the deal.

Just picked up a Sega Dreamcast, with two controllers, two VMUs, keyboard for $10. Was pretty happy, have been wanting a dreamcast again for awhile!

[quote name='spidamatrix']Just picked up a Sega Dreamcast, with two controllers, two VMUs, keyboard for $10. Was pretty happy, have been wanting a dreamcast again for awhile![/QUOTE]
Haha you're so lucky, I've been wanting one for a while

I don't usually get anything after looking at so much Craigslist stuff...

I did however snag a DJ Hero for 360 at $50. Said it was basically brand new. He said he just didn't care for it. Nice little pickup.

I have fallen in love with Craigslist...

Last week, I ended up getting this PS3 bundle for $50:

Madden 10
Madden 09
Burnout Paradise
Resistance: Fall of Man
NCAA Football 08
NFS: Pro Street

I only wanted Burnout Paradise...as for the rest...

On Craigslist, I sold:
Madden 10 for $32 (I already have it in the collection)
Resistance for $10 (I already have it in the collection)
Madden 09 for $8

I traded NFS at gamestop and got $6.30 TC and gave NCAA Football 08 to the dude that brought Madden 09.

So I basically ended up getting a free game and $6.30 TC...:D

recently got:
2 gba sps
2 gbas
final fantasy tactics advance(2)
donkey kong conutry advance(2)
mario kart super circuit
tactics ogre
golden sun
golden sun the lost age
some yu-gi-oh game
harmony of dissonance
sword of mana
lunar legend

almost all the games are complete w/box and booklets.

$30 :)

[quote name='DeadAsWarhol']recently got:
2 gba sps
2 gbas
mario kart super circuit
tactics ogre
golden sun
golden sun the lost age
some yu-gi-oh game
harmony of dissonance
sword of mana
lunar legend

$30 :)[/QUOTE]

Tactics Ogre?! I am so jealous. That was the game that killed my ps1, I was having so much fun when all the colors started fading from the screen. When it got to virtual boy colors it was unplayable

[quote name='DeadAsWarhol']recently got:
2 gba sps
2 gbas
mario kart super circuit
tactics ogre
golden sun
golden sun the lost age
some yu-gi-oh game
harmony of dissonance
sword of mana
lunar legend

$30 :)[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. Nice pick-up.

[quote name='Gbear09']Tactics Ogre?! I am so jealous. That was the game that killed my ps1, I was having so much fun when all the colors started fading from the screen. When it got to virtual boy colors it was unplayable[/QUOTE]
well it's the gba version, but yeah

Just got back from buying a Wii (bought in Dec. with receipt) w Wii Sports

network adaptor
Classic controller
New Super Mario Bros
No More Heroes 2
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
De Blob
Okami
A Boy and His Blob

Downloaded games: Zombies ate my neighbors, Splatter House, Mario 3

All for only $115. The best part was this was his list price and I didnt have to try and haggle him down. Best score Ive ever found!

Edit: Added a couple of the games to my TL if anyone is interested.

Today, I had to drive 40 miles each way to score a Batman Animated Complete Series boxed set for $40. And I seriously thought the guy was going to flake on me, as he told me to meet him at "11:45". I called him before I hopped on the road to confirm, and he said yes he will be at the location he wanted to meet at. I get there and call him, and he says "I am running a little late, be there in 15 minutes." Then at 12 noon, I call him and leave a voicemail and he texts me back "so sorry 15 more minutes and I will be there."

I thought he was just fucking with me and going to be a typical Craigslist flake, so I sent a reply that I really can't wait around much longer, please hurry if you want to sell it because I will be leaving at the end of those 15 minutes one way or the other.

Well, he made it. And a much more pleasant surprise was, the set was brand new factory sealed. Definitely a great score, considering the cheapest I ever saw it was when amazon was clearancing it out late last year for $8x.xx, and now resellers on ebay are asking $100 up ($200 and up on amazon) for it.

I am wondering if I should bite on this for $160
DSi with:
-Pokemon platinum
-Ninja town
-Zelda Phantom hourglass
-Star fox
-Final Fantasy 3
-Yoshi’s Island
-Age of empires: Age of kings
-Spectrobes 2: Beyond the portal
-Kirby: Superstar ultra

Really what i am looking for is DS lite so i can play GBA games so I might sell the DSi itself when i found a

[quote name='ivanwijaya']I am wondering if I should bite on this for $160
DSi with:
-Pokemon platinum
-Ninja town
-Zelda Phantom hourglass
-Star fox
-Final Fantasy 3
-Yoshi’s Island
-Age of empires: Age of kings
-Spectrobes 2: Beyond the portal
-Kirby: Superstar ultra

Really what i am looking for is DS lite so i can play GBA games so I might sell the DSi itself when i found a

Thank you for the quick answer. I will try what you suggested.
I am also on the market for a ps2, the best price i can get via craigslist is $40-$50 for a slim but i can also get one from a local pawn shop for $30, maybe $25. Should I just go for it? Thanks again

Picked up these games all nm for $60.
legend of dragoon. Gh
Xenogears .GH
Lunar 1 and 2 box sets complete
Final Fantasy anthology. GH

I picked up a like new White 360 Controller with Receiver For Windows for $15..

a couple weeks ago i picked up a 20gb 360 hard drive for $25, average deal but im happy i didnt pay microsoft prices..

[quote name='ivanwijaya']Thank you for the quick answer. I will try what you suggested.
I am also on the market for a ps2, the best price i can get via craigslist is $40-$50 for a slim but i can also get one from a local pawn shop for $30, maybe $25. Should I just go for it? Thanks again[/QUOTE]

I see fat systems for $10-$15 at flea markets alot, but you're taking a gamble with them because they could have burnt out lasers or disc read error.

N64 Blue Console + All cables
2 controllers
Rumble pack, expansion pack, transfer pack

20 games
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Super Smash Bros
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
Zelda Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis
5 Sports titles

All for $100 - I figure i can sell 4-5 of the good games if anything and get my $100 back.
:)

[quote name='Cheapass24']N64 Blue Console + All cables
2 controllers
Rumble pack, expansion pack, transfer pack

20 games
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Super Smash Bros
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
Zelda Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis
5 Sports titles

All for $100 - I figure i can sell 4-5 of the good games if anything and get my $100 back.
:)[/QUOTE]

I like it. The quality/quantity is extremely high.

What's the condition on the game carts? And are any of them complete? The games I've highlighted are each worth at least $10 cart only, some substantially higher.

I just scored a complete black label Xenogears for $10. This was from the guy who had flaked on me a few days earlier. I emailed him from a different account since he posted a new ad, and got his contact number this time, set up the meet and got out there to his place. Game discs have a few light scratches so it's not quite up to par with my personal collection copy, and the case had some cracks on both doors, but I replaced those with the ones off of an extra double jewel case, so it looks great. Manual and inserts are mint.

I just checked prices on amazon and eBay...looks like it's dropped a little bit in value, but I should hopefully clear $40 in profit on it.

[quote name='Survivalism']http://mansfield.craigslist.org/vgm/1578270494.html

Hmm. I suppose the main question is "does it work?"[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, that brings back such fond memories. My fraternity bought an old Super Sprint from the college arcade for something like $50 or $100 back in the day, but if I remember correctly it was one with 3 or 4 of the wheels, probably three. We had a blast playing it. Shouldn't be too hard to get the necessary parts to get it to work if it doesn't already.

[quote name='Darkslime']

karkyco you missed Pokemon Stadium 2 [/QUOTE]

Indeed I did. I should also say, while extremely dated at this point, Perfect Dark was/is an excellent FPS, and Jetforce Gemini was pretty damn fun too. Neither are worth much, but both are Rare followups to Golden Eye, if I recall correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Wii with all the standard business (hookups/wiimote/nunchuk), Mario Kart, RE Darkside Chronicles, Nights, some other game, and a charging station for $110.

[quote name='karkyco']This was from the guy who had flaked on me a few days earlier. I emailed him from a different account since he posted a new ad, and got his contact number this time[/QUOTE]

I should do that sometime. LOL. But how long do you wait to make it not look obvious to them?

Says make and offer
http:// phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/vgm/1583567228.html
(theres a space between the http:// because im too new to post links lol)
NINTENDO
5 complete systems with 2 controllers each
2 zapper guns
2 advantage joysticks
1 power pad
1 power pad (in box)
2 system cleaning cartridges
1 game genie enhancer
75 games

SUPER NINTENDO
1 complete system with 1 controller
1 superscope (in box)
1 super gameboy adaptor
7 games
1 system no cords

PLAYSTATION 2
2 complete systems with 2 controllers each
1 slim system complete with 2 controllers

PLAYSTATION
1 slim system complete with 2 controllers
1 complete system with 2 controllers
1 game
2 systems no cords
1 spaceball controller
1 memory card

NINTENDO 64
1 complete system with 2 controllers (no cover for memory card)

NINTENDO DS
1 complete system with powercord and 1 game

NINTENDO GAMEBOY
1 complete advance system with power cord, car adaptor
3 games

SEGA DREAMCAST
1 complete system with 2 controllers
1 fision fishing pole
1 starfire gun
1 system no cords

SEGA GENESIS
1 16 bit complete system with 2 controllers
3 games
2 systems no cords

NINTENDO GAMECUBE
1 system no power cord
also 1 universal joystick (will fit playstation, gamecube, etc)

Huge list of stuff, seems great but most likely way out of my price range. On an unrelated not how much should I be willing to pay for an original xbox?

thinking about this, i already have a 80 backward compatible, which i bought originally on craigslist, for around the same price as this one...not a bad price at all. IMO.

if i had a way to get a fat32 partition to backup my game files, to later transfer over to this, i'd get it, and probably sell my 80gb and both of my sixaxis'...

PS3 160 GB - $225 (Fayetteville, NC)

I have a 160gb PS3 with 2 DualShock3 controllers, all cables included, wifi. Like new, I only used it to watch BluRays.
Here on Fort Bragg.

3ke3ma3oc5O25T05P6a22a7d20c1d0d8419ea.jpg

[quote name='sdime98']thinking about this, i already have a 80 backward compatible, which i bought originally on craigslist, for around the same price as this one...not a bad price at all. IMO.

if i had a way to get a fat32 partition to backup my game files, to later transfer over to this, i'd get it, and probably sell my 80gb and both of my sixaxis'...[/QUOTE]

With the new update you can copy your HDD over to the new one.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3/PS3_315_update.html#data_transfer

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I should do that sometime. LOL. But how long do you wait to make it not look obvious to them?[/QUOTE]

Not very long, as if it's a very good deal it can be gone fast. Take for example this one, which I was sure was bullshit since the lady kept the ad up until I told her to delete it since she was going to get bombarded with emails.

She responded that it was indeed sold and she really made a big mistake letting it go so cheap. Missed it by a half hour or so, as some girl came and got them VERY fast (no doubt). I didn't save the original ad, but it was for a Nintendo NES with games, "not all are complete but good condition on everything, asking $50 OBO". needless to say, just glancing at the list I was sure it was someone just fucking around, but you have to take a chance that it's legit because the reward is so huge:

NES Console w/ 2 controllers, robot
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
A Boy and His Blob
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Contra
Bubble Bobble
Bubble Bobble II :hot:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Burgertime
Bible Adventures
Pac-Man
Tetris (two different ones)
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Mega Man VI
10 Yard Fight
Beetlejuice
Peek-A-Boo Poker :hot:
Smash TV
Family Feud
Zelda
Zelda II
Legendary Wings
Gotcha
Jaws
The Uncanny X-Men
Fester's Quest
Adventure Island
Adventure Island 2
Mickey Mousecapade
Spelunker
Hot Slots :hot:
Wrath of the Black Manta
Ninja Gaiden
Othello
Tailspin
Ice Hockey
Duck Tales
Wall Street Kid
Paperboy
Chip N' Dale
Gunsmoke
Kirby's Adventure
Kid Icarus
Gyromite
Simpsons: Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
Simpsons: Bart Vs. The World
Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Cool World
Spy Hunter
The Flintstones
Galaga
Heavy Shreddin'
Kung Fu
Muppet Adventure

[quote name='karkyco']Not very long, as if it's a very good deal it can be gone fast. Take for example this one, which I was sure was bullshit since the lady kept the ad up until I told her to delete it since she was going to get bombarded with emails.

She responded that it was indeed sold and she really made a big mistake letting it go so cheap. Missed it by a half hour or so, as some girl came and got them VERY fast (no doubt). I didn't save the original ad, but it was for a Nintendo NES with games, "not all are complete but good condition on everything, asking $50 OBO". needless to say, just glancing at the list I was sure it was someone just fucking around, but you have to take a chance that it's legit because the reward is so huge:

NES Console w/ 2 controllers, robot
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
A Boy and His Blob
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Contra
Bubble Bobble
Bubble Bobble II :hot:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Burgertime
Bible Adventures
Pac-Man
Tetris (two different ones)
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Mega Man VI
10 Yard Fight
Beetlejuice
Peek-A-Boo Poker :hot:
Smash TV
Family Feud
Zelda
Zelda II
Legendary Wings
Gotcha
Jaws
The Uncanny X-Men
Fester's Quest
Adventure Island
Adventure Island 2
Mickey Mousecapade
Spelunker
Hot Slots :hot:
Wrath of the Black Manta
Ninja Gaiden
Othello
Tailspin
Ice Hockey
Duck Tales
Wall Street Kid
Paperboy
Chip N' Dale
Gunsmoke
Kirby's Adventure
Kid Icarus
Gyromite
Simpsons: Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
Simpsons: Bart Vs. The World
Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Cool World
Spy Hunter
The Flintstones
Galaga
Heavy Shreddin'
Kung Fu
Muppet Adventure[/QUOTE]

Almost this same exact ad was up around here. Had Bubble Bobble 2, Hot Slots, Peek A Boo, and a I think Cheetah Man. I emailed but never heard back. It was up for a while. Guessing it was just some effing around.

I like the mystery of garage sales, especially when they yield this:

Harvest Moon Back to Nature = $1

Hey guys, there's an ad here in the bay area for a Nintendo Ds Lite Crimson/Black (good condition but missing charger) with two games included: Knights in the Nightmare and Pokemon Platinum for $60.

We already have two DSi's, but I've been thinking about picking up Platinum. Does it seem like this deal is worth it, even if I have no use for the Ds Lite, and I can't trade in without a charger?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Hey guys, there's an ad here in the bay area for a Nintendo Ds Lite Crimson/Black (good condition but missing charger) with two games included: Knights in the Nightmare and Pokemon Platinum for $60.

We already have two DSi's, but I've been thinking about picking up Platinum. Does it seem like this deal is worth it, even if I have no use for the Ds Lite, and I can't trade in without a charger?[/QUOTE]

A) it's probably stolen, so if receiving/purchasing stolen property is a problem for you, then I would say skip it. If not, by all means buy that puppy. Very easy and cheap to get a new charger for it, official or otherwise, then turn around and flip it or trade it in to recoup your cost.

[quote name='karkyco']A) it's probably stolen, so if receiving/purchasing stolen property is a problem for you, then I would say skip it. If not, by all means buy that puppy. Very easy and cheap to get a new charger for it, official or otherwise, then turn around and flip it or trade it in to recoup your cost.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Hey guys, there's an ad here in the bay area for a Nintendo Ds Lite Crimson/Black (good condition but missing charger) with two games included: Knights in the Nightmare and Pokemon Platinum for $60.

We already have two DSi's, but I've been thinking about picking up Platinum. Does it seem like this deal is worth it, even if I have no use for the Ds Lite, and I can't trade in without a charger?[/QUOTE]

Just because it is that cheap doesnt mean it is stolen, people in my area sell ds lites for $50 all the time. I say go for it, good deal.

[quote name='leftwing1018']Just because it is that cheap doesnt mean it is stolen, people in my area sell ds lites for $50 all the time. I say go for it, good deal.[/QUOTE]

True, but the fact that it's cheap and has no charger (although yes of course it could be cheap because it has no charger) makes it suspect. That, and it only comes with a couple of games (more than likely cart only). Usually the stolen ones have no charger and come with anywhere from 0 to a few games, virtually always cart only and sometimes in one of the little DS cart or GBA carrying cases, sometimes they come with 1 GBA game and 1 DS game (which were in the system when it was "found"/stolen/swiped etc.).

The entire description just makes me suspicious.

Anytime someone puts something up that's "NIB and sealed" and they say something like "can't return to store, but I can give you the receipt", stuff like that makes me suspicious. They could have photocopied a receipt from someone else. IMO.

I found a craigslist post that says "original xbox with 3 games $45, works great. never been opened." I am confused, is he selling a NIB original xbox? and if so should i get it/whats it worth?

Man, I had a deal for

Romancing Saga
Final Fantasy XII
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 5
Phantasy Star Universe
Final fantasy 8
Breath of Fire 3

all for $40 but it looks like the guy is going to flake out.

Got the following for $40

Parasite Eve
Elemental Gearbolt
Gran Turismo
MTV Music Generator
Bust a Groove
Madden NFL 99
and a gameshark for PS2

bread's done
Back