The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Potatoeman']That is an amazing deal. If you've got the money Id jump on it.

Edit: sorry, talking about the HUGE lot on the previous page.[/QUOTE]

It ended up not working out. Someone must have scooped it up because he never responded again. :(

[quote name='yoyo1316']Got this for $50

Everything works except for the NES (doesn't latch on the game)[/QUOTE]

Wow, is that ROB complete? If so, you got one hell of a deal.

Also, been fixing NES systems quite a bit as of late and have run into the latch problem a couple of times. This is the only place I've seen online that has the replacement part if you want to go that route, but I find that picking up a donor NES for parts from a yard sale is usually cheaper. Before you do, though, loosen the screws and see if it'll catch when you push down on it - sometimes they've just been displaced.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Any input on this?[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with doomstink. Jump on it if it's still available. You have enough quality titles to easily recoup costs (although I personally would prefer to pay $1 or less per title when buying in bulk) - this sounds like that bundle of 300 or so NES, SNES, and Genesis games I picked up a couple of years ago in South Central LA for $120 or $140, basically $.50 a game. It had a copy of Earthbound cart only mint that I re-sold for $100+ (cleared about $85-90 after fees and whatnot) - paid for roughly 75% of my costs.

At $510 for the bundle, you could try talking him down a little but I doubt he'll take less than $500. Depending on the condition of the complete Earthbound/box/guide, that alone could recoup you half of the cost.

EDIT: Sorry you missed out, yourlefthand. While true it would have been a significant amount of cash upfront, no doubt it was worth substantially more. That's why you have to strike fast, because so many others out there won't hesitate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jerry-kun']Wow, is that ROB complete? If so, you got one hell of a deal.

Also, been fixing NES systems quite a bit as of late and have run into the latch problem a couple of times. This is the only place I've seen online that has the replacement part if you want to go that route, but I find that picking up a donor NES for parts from a yard sale is usually cheaper. Before you do, though, loosen the screws and see if it'll catch when you push down on it - sometimes they've just been displaced.[/QUOTE]

+1
I have also started to repair NES systems (just because I have 15 or so laying around and I want to make them more reliable before I dump them) and I noticed if the front screws on the cartridge slot are too tight it will not stay down.

Question for jerry kun, Do you have a tool that works well on repairing pin connectors? I tried a tiny screw driver, but I am not happy with the results (and I would prefer not to buy new ones). I was thinking about precision tweezers like these

Precision tweezers would probably do it. Personally I use a 1.4mm screwdriver, but it can be a pain.

From what I've heard, the best tool to use is a dental pick, it can get behind the pins and pull them straight forward.

Thx for the help/advice and yes the ROB is complete and in working condition. I do have another working NES so I'll try to fix the broken one.

Do you guys have any website recommendation on how to open or fix a broken NES?

Picked up a Move controller and the Eye camera for $30 last night. Didn't think the guy was going to show since I had to head back to work before we had a chance to meet on my break, but he appeared at the last second before I left work :V

[quote name='yoyo1316']Thx for the help/advice and yes the ROB is complete and in working condition. I do have another working NES so I'll try to fix the broken one.

Do you guys have any website recommendation on how to open or fix a broken NES?[/QUOTE]

Youtube videos are probably the best route. I like this one because you don't need the sound: http://youtu.be/zNrVLa5WbAo.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/vgm/2480694484.html

Is this a good deal? I was thinking of re-selling the ds and gameboy sp to recovery my $$ plus some and keep pokemon and the knights game for free

It's a decent deal. For what you said, sure you could do it! Sapphire goes for about 12-15 by itself and you get the DS and GBA sp to resell.

[quote name='slowdive21']Youtube videos are probably the best route. I like this one because you don't need the sound: http://youtu.be/zNrVLa5WbAo.
[/QUOTE]

...wait, what? Security chip? I could see where disabling it would cause things to load more consistently, but only as a last resort. The blinking/flashing problem is caused by age and wear on the cartridge connectors - snipping the legs off chips and hoping it fixes something seems like a very bad idea. It's not going to make things worse, but still.

Recondition your cartridge connector before you attempt this - in my view, there's no sense in making unnecessary modifications.

There's a decent article here on it - but after you've bent the cartridge connector pins forward, insert a game if you've got one to loosen the pins slightly, then fold a piece of sandpaper and (gently!) slide it in and out over the pins - this'll quickly remove the years of gunk that's built up on them. An emery board (for fingernails) works even better because it's about the same thickness as a cartridge board. After that, use an old toothbrush or some other scrub brush dipped in 70% or less isopropyl alcohol and scrub the rest of the gunk away. Let it dry completely before putting it back in - good rule of thumb is that if it still smells like alcohol, it's still wet.

Wow, that was long, I'd better spoiler tag it. :D

[quote name='Jerry-kun']...wait, what? Security chip? I could see where disabling it would cause things to load more consistently, but only as a last resort. The blinking/flashing problem is caused by age and wear on the cartridge connectors - snipping the legs off chips and hoping it fixes something seems like a very bad idea. It's not going to make things worse, but still.

Recondition your cartridge connector before you attempt this - in my view, there's no sense in making unnecessary modifications.

There's a decent article here on it - but after you've bent the cartridge connector pins forward, insert a game if you've got one to loosen the pins slightly, then fold a piece of sandpaper and (gently!) slide it in and out over the pins - this'll quickly remove the years of gunk that's built up on them. An emery board (for fingernails) works even better because it's about the same thickness as a cartridge board. After that, use an old toothbrush or some other scrub brush dipped in 70% or less isopropyl alcohol and scrub the rest of the gunk away. Let it dry completely before putting it back in - good rule of thumb is that if it still smells like alcohol, it's still wet.

Wow, that was long, I'd better spoiler tag it. :D[/QUOTE]

I was just referencing the way to open the console to fix his cartridge slot problem. ;) This video has a good way of showing what screws to remove.

But after fixing 5 of 6 NESes last week, I can tell you 90% of the time the problem is a dirty 72 pin, but if you have it open anyway, I would disable the chip. You will NEVER get the blinkies again. I would say bend/repair the 72 pin as a last resort. I have some loose as a goose 72 pins and they start up fine every time after disabling the chip and a good cleaning. The only console that isn't working properly is the one I jacked up the 72 pin connector by trying to rebend it.

First time this year actually getting anything from Craigslist. Saw an ad for an N64 with "plenty of games" (or something like that) for 25 so I sent an e-mail saying I'll take it and asked about a list. The guy ended up e-mailing me a list of 14 games and after some back and forth mentioned the 2 rumble paks (which weren't in the ad) and offered to add them in and make it 30 total. I didn't want to say I didn't want them or try and get them added in for the original price of 25 (for fear of nuking the deal) so I replied back saying I would meet him in the middle from his original asking price which he agreed on. When I meet up with the guy as luck would have it he had an extra copy of two games he didn't mention before hand that was in with the bundle.

Picked up the following:
Non yellow perfect condition SNES, 2 controllers, rf adapter, and 4 games (mortal kombat 2, NFL game, starfox, and super Mario world) - $15

Sold the SNES and the 2 games (mortal and NFL) for $35 and kept the other two games

There's a Sega Genesis and Sega CD with two games on CL for $40. It's a 60 mile drive (round-trip) to go check it out. I've wanted a Sega CD for ages...I just can't get myself to call. Should I offer $30? (Ad says both units work fine...I don't even care about the Genny.)

Picked this up this morning for $50. It needs a little cleaning up and a top bracket for the glass. Too bad I have no room in my house right now, so it's saying out in the shed.

DSCN0985.jpg

I also picked this up last week for $275. My daughter is obsessed with these things and always wants to play them, so I figured this was a logical choice:

DSCN0987.jpg

I'm currently in the process of converting it to stick control, since it's the old two button (back > right > drop) style. Unfortunately, after scouring the internet and making numerous phone calls, nobody anywhere has a service manual for it. But after much trial and error, I've figured out the wiring and board connectors and the DIP switches, for the most part. I still need to cut and control plate to fit the stick and order a custom drop button for it.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']you paid $50 for an arcade game?? does it work?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I tested it out before we loaded it in the truck. The only real problem is the gun calibration is occasionally spotty, but from what I've looked into, it shouldn't be a hard fix.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']why so cheap spooge??[/QUOTE]

He just wanted rid of it, no room and it needed some work. The guy had a ton of other games, pinball machines, etc in his house, but none others for sale.

He said he had about 20 people email him about it, and actually a few people contacted him before me. But I was the only one that was able to get it first thing in the morning (since I only live a few miles away), he gave me first crack.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']are you gonna keep it or try and resell it?? what else did he ahve to sell?[/QUOTE]

That's all he was selling. I was trying to get him to part with one of his pinball machines, but he wouldn't.

I'm going to keep it. I just need to get my basement more organized so I can put it down there.

I was at Gameworks a few weeks ago and all there LG games were on crack. I would love to have a Lethal Enforcers Machine myself! Great Find for you!

person had Mario Party 7, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Superstar Baseball, Over the Hedge and Nfl Blitz 2003 for $15 with manuals and cases included.
Show up at the house today and the mother meets me at the door and hands me the stack of games, and then says "My son doesn't use this thing, so you can have this also" and hands me the gamecube and one controller as well. Unfortunately I don't think the mom knew which wires went with the system, cause she gave me one set of wires, but it definitely doesn't go to the gamecube

How much did you pay for the points cards?

I know some people were finding the Fallout 3 CE at Walmart for $20, but I haven't read that in a long time.

[quote name='rockalittle00']I picked up Fallout 3 Collectors edition complete for 3 1600 points cards.
How did I do?[/QUOTE]

I would of send my sealed Fallout 3 collectors edition that.

Here's my one CL find this week (so far...)

Black GC, no controller or cords
3 memory cards, all Nintendo brand
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Sonic DX Director's Cut
Sonic Heroes
NFL 2K3

Paid $20. Not the greatest CL find I've ever had, but I think the memory cards and Smash Bros. were worth it. Even though the guy had no controllers or cords, I actually have spares of all of them. Took them home, and they all worked with no trouble.

Made up partially for a pure :censored: garage saling weekend.

[quote name='rockalittle00']@ Denbo32 what ebay are you looking at. I don't see them for $60.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 collectors edition, then filtered just brand new.

3 sold for the PS3 for 59.95 or higher in the last week.

today for $225 i got a
PSP 2001 and a DSI with a collection of chargers and cases and some cleaning cloths
and the following games with cases and manuals out side of 6 of the DS games

Psp games: call of duty roads to victory
-Grand theft auto vice city stories
-Fight night round 3
-Madden nfl 2010
-Cabelas legendary adventure
Dsi games: puppy love spa and resort
-Naruto ninja destiny
-paws and claws pet resort
-pokemon white version
-pokemon pearl version
-pokemon platinum version
-pokemon black version
-pokemon diamond version
-pokemon ranger shadows of almia
-pokemon soul silver version
-pokemon mystery dungeon explore the darkness
-mario and sonic at the olympic games
-micro machines v4
-spongebob drawn to life
-true swing golf
-nintendogs lab and friends
-wild pets dolphinz
-mario and sonic at the winter olympic games
-pets catz clan
-new super Mario brothers
-zoo tycoon
-chicken little ace in action
-grand theft auto china town wars
-midnight play pack
-pets dogz pack
-nintendogs dalmatian and friends
-pets monkeyz house

should I bite on the following?

$120

PS2 (original model)
A few RPGs that I want
Random Shovelware
A game that the seller is oblivious to its true value (~$50)
Guitar Hero Stuff (~$30)

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']So will you pay $40 for the ps2 and the shovelware? Because If you keep the RPGs thaen that is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's PS2, shovelware, and RPGs. The rare game is separate from the RPGs (tbh I don't know why people are willing to spend so much for it). To me, it seems like a steal, but it's inconvenient to have to flip and ship all the stuff.

My first big craigslist find - pretty happy with it, being a PSX collector, especially PSX launch stuff. All of this was $60.

WP_000026.jpg

I have about 30 of these longbox games. None of these are super hard to find but they are in very excellent condition. Already had MK3 and Ridge Racer but these are in better condition than the ones I had. Hoping to have a full longbox collection eventually. Some of them are very expensive though.

WP_000028.jpg

This is a launch or very close to launch PSX complete in box. Manuals and everything. The box is a bit beat up but everything else is like new. Very awesome to have from a "launch day collection" point of view. Finding these models complete is not easy. They also make excellent high quality CD players if you have a decent sound system because of the direct audio out and something about the audio chip that they put in the original launch PSX-1001 models.

WP_000030.jpg

This is by far the coolest though - this developers demo cd has tech demos for the playstation like the girl doing her makeup FMV, and the T-Rex one that were shown at trade shows. A real launch collectors peice - these fetch well over $100 on ebay when they're available.

[quote name='jer7583']My first big craigslist find - pretty happy with it, being a PSX collector, especially PSX launch stuff. All of this was $60.

WP_000030.jpg

This is by far the coolest though - this developers demo cd has tech demos for the playstation like the girl doing her makeup FMV, and the T-Rex one that were shown at trade shows. A real launch collectors peice - these fetch well over $100 on ebay when they're available.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I wish I knew whatever happened to mine. I wasted a good bit of time playing with those demos when I got my PSX way back at launch.

I think that's exactly why they're valued so highly. Nobody kept them if they got them. I don't know if they were ever packaged with the system or if they were a pre-order incentive thing. I think this version was packaged with the system.

What's weird is the guy had the Not for Resale version of Ridge Racer but this was not the Ridge Racer pack-in box. Might have bought it used later.

[quote name='jer7583']I think that's exactly why they're valued so highly. Nobody kept them if they got them. I don't know if they were ever packaged with the system or if they were a pre-order incentive thing. I think this version was packaged with the system.

What's weird is the guy had the Not for Resale version of Ridge Racer but this was not the Ridge Racer pack-in box. Might have bought it used later.[/QUOTE]

That demo disc was a pack-in.

All this plus an extremely yellowed Playstation for $25
DSCI0062.jpg

Unfortunately the two cases on the left are empty. I wanted Masters of Teras Kasi too :<
Oh well, everything else except triple play baseball (bottom center) is complete and in really good shape.

Black Label: Syphon Filter 1 and 2, ReLoaded, MGS: VR Missions, Pitfall 3D, Frogger, Evil Dead: Hail to the King, Army Men: World War Final Front, Knockout Kings, Knockout Kings 2001, HBO Boxing, Triple play Baseball
Greatest Hits: Tomb Raider 1 and 2, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Army Men 3D, Parasite Eve

I was both happy at how few sports games there were and saddened by how many GH labels there were.

I usually don't have much luck with craigslist, because most stuff is priced too high for my liking, and the rare good deal is usually snapped up before I get to it. However, I didn't do too bad with this little lot today...

BobbleheadsPics223.jpg

Total paid: $20. Also advertised were Conker for Xbox and Zelda: Wind Waker for Gamecube, along with some other junk sports titles. I reply to the ad and tell the woman that I am interested in buying a few of the games (without saying which games, so as not to draw attention to any particular game and have her look it up online), and fish around for what price per game she is looking for. She says $10 each, but when we talk on the phone I ask if she can do better and she says "yes, I just want to clear them out." We meet at a local library and of course, she had sold Conker already to someone (or held it back, who knows). I open up the Windwaker Player's choice case to find Sonic Mega collection sitting where the Zelda disc should be, so that was a no-go. So that left me with what I picked up, as pictured. Offered $17 by telling her that I usually pick up games like this at sales/thrift stores for $3 each (which I felt was worth a try), and the guide would be a couple bucks. She bought my explanation and countered with an even $20, which I accepted. All were complete; Knights of the Old Republic was minty, as was Fable, so I'm putting those two in my collection. The rest were in solid condition for flipping. Glad I was able to pick up Fable because I passed on one at a yard sale for $3 a few weeks ago and then wished I had bought it. Too bad there was no game to go with the KOTOR II guide.... Overall a solid pickup for a Wednesday afternoon.

By the way, that GTA: San Andreas is 2nd edition, right? Since it has the M rating, and not A-O...anyone care to confirm this? Thanks.

Picked up a couple of guides for $20:

Fallout 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
and the best...
Xenosaga I
Xenosaga II
Xenosaga III!!!!
Not a bad haul!

I found a Virtual Boy for $40. Was missing the eyeshield and a battery pack (he said he had an AC adapter but his "dog got a hold of it"), but the unit was nice and clean and the stand still had its clip (they are known to break easily, much like the VB itself). Going to keep an eye out for replacement pieces - unless anyone on CAG has any?

[quote name='nnthomas']I found a Virtual Boy for $40. Was missing the eyeshield and a battery pack (he said he had an AC adapter but his "dog got a hold of it"), but the unit was nice and clean and the stand still had its clip (they are known to break easily, much like the VB itself). Going to keep an eye out for replacement pieces - unless anyone on CAG has any?[/QUOTE]

Damn, I would have sold you a complete one for $50 shipped.

bread's done
Back