The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

There was a complete NES with a bunch of boxed games and some unboxed (don't know which were CIB and which werent) on Craigslist today...one of the games was Little Samson...I texted the guy shortly after it went up and never heard back, now it's gone :(

[quote name='Mizzou75']There was a complete NES with a bunch of boxed games and some unboxed (don't know which were CIB and which werent) on Craigslist today...one of the games was Little Samson...I texted the guy shortly after it went up and never heard back, now it's gone :([/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to my buddy with Bonks Adventure. He is pissed off about it to this day.

[quote name='Potatoeman']

KFpyb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Hoping to pick up my Saturn today after work. Here's hoping I find a post like this one day.
Edit: Picked it up today for $50. Console, 11 games and 2 controllers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SlammedNiss']Hell, I could make every game I own a prototype by removing the label and writing the name in ink. Guess I know what l'm doing today.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing about the ad.

Picked these up last night from some dude selling a gamecube bundle with games. I didnt want the gamecube bundle or any of the games expept NCAA 2K3 so I shot him an email asking how much for that game alone. He said $4 so I went down and felt bad just picking up a game for $4 bucks so I also got RE 4 for another $4. Both games below $8.

l.jpg

[quote name='syphic']Picked these up last night from some dude selling a gamecube bundle with games. I didnt want the gamecube bundle or any of the games expept NCAA 2K3 so I shot him an email asking how much for that game alone. He said $4 so I went down and felt bad just picking up a game for $4 bucks so I also got RE 4 for another $4. Both games below $8.
[/QUOTE]

i don't get it. how come a lot of these older college sports games are holding their value?

[quote name='DCpinoy']i don't get it. how come a lot of these older college sports games are holding their value?[/QUOTE]

This one because of rarity. The other NCAA are because of licensing issues (basically they are the newest ncaa games you can get).

[quote name='DCpinoy']i don't get it. how come a lot of these older college sports games are holding their value?[/QUOTE]

I think that is the last Gamecube game released if I'm not mistaken. That's why it's valuable.

This is what I found online about Nintendo Gamecube's version of NCAA Baskeball 2K3:

"The rarest game for the Gamecube. NCAA Basketball 2K3 is a college basketball game on the Gamecube so it wasn't destined to sell very well. Sega helped seal the deal when they cancelled all 2K series games on the Gamecube and stopped this game in the middle of production. This is one of the few sports games to become rare and valuable on any system."
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/ncaa-college-basketball-2k3

Just because a game is the last to be produced/released for a system, doesn't automatically mean it'll be rare/expensive. Doesn't hurt though!

Grabbed myself a Turbografx 16 with the hookups, 1 controller and copies of Keith Courage and China Warrior for 30. Feel pretty good about that.

Ya, that would be expensive, lol. I am not rich. Plus, I've heard that most of the best Turbographix CD games never came to the US. We'll see though. Down the line I may get one.

Picked up a handful of games about 130 games for $120. Can not complain about that at all.

PS2

007 Everything or Nothing
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Arthur and the Invisibles the game - Disc Only
Burnout 3: Takedown
Coldwinter
Coldwinter - Disc Only
Crash: Nitro Kart - Disc Only
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Destroy All Humans! - Disc Only
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Disc Only
DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi - Disc Only
Dynasty Warriors 3 - Disc Only
Dynasty Warriors 4 - Disc Only
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires - Disc Only
ESPN NFL 2K5 - Disc Only
FIFA 07 Soccer
FlatOut 2
Freedom Fighters
Ghost Rider - Disc Only
God of War 2 - Disc Only
God of War 2 Special Features - Disc Only
Gran Turismo 3: A-spec
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Disc Only
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas The Introduction - Disc Only
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Disc Only
Jak 2 - Disc Only
Jak 3
Jak and Dexter: The Precursor Legacy
Kinetica
Kingdom Hearts - Disc Only
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
Legends of Wrestling - Disc Only
Madden 2001 - Disc Only
Madden 2004
Madden NFL 2009 - Disc Only
Manhunt - Disc Only
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure - Metal Case and extras
Max Payne - Disc Only
Max Payne 2
Midnight Club
Midnight Club 2
Monster House - Disc Only
MX vs. ATV Untamed - Disc Only
NBA 06 the life vol. 1 - Disc Only
NBA Jam - Disc Only
NBA Live 2006 - Disc Only
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Disc Only
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Onimusha: Warlords
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow - Disc Only
Primal
Pro Race Driver
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - Disc Only
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - Disc Only
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Rebel Raiders: Operation Night
Silent Scope 2: Dark Silhouette - Disc Only
Siren - Disc Only
Sly 2 Band of Thieves
Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Smack Down: Here Comes The Pain - Disc Only
Sonic Heroes
Spec Ops: Covert Assault - Disc Only
Spy Fiction
Spyro: A Hero's Tail - Disc Only
Spyro: The Eternal Night - Disc Only
SRS Street Racing
Suzuki TT Superbikes
Tak 2 The Staff of Dreams - Disc Only
Tekken 5
Tekken Tag Tournament - Disc Only
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Disc Only
Timesplitters
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
TriggerMan
True Crime: Streets of LA
Twisted Metal Head-On Extra Twisted Edition - Disc Only
Twisted Metal: Black - Disc Only
Warriors Orochi - Disc Only
Yakuza - Disc Only

Xbox

Alias
Bloodrayne 2
Dead to Rights 2
EA Sports Madden 2005
FM Forza Motorsport
Genma Onimusha
Just Cause
Manhunt
NCAA Football 2005
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Underground
NFL Fever 2002
NFL Fever 2003
Psi-Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy
Tenchu Return from Darkness
Test Drive - Disc Only
Thief Deadly Shadows
Van Helsing
Wrath Unleashed

(This is my very first post here. There doesn't seem to be an introduction thread or forum, so I guess this will be my introduction!)

Anyway, there's someone in my area wanting to do a trade for his copy of Lunar Silverstar Story Complete. He says he's interested in consoles and I have a couple laying around that are dupes and I don't use. Should I take him up on this offer or pass?

5G45E95F93K93L53N1c536e5dbbf1ee0f1990.jpg

Yea...as long as he isn't asking for like a 360, PS3 or something with value over 40 bucks. If he wanted like a SNES or something like that, I'd trade an extra for that. Great game by the way.

Yeah, I have been looking for this game for quite a while. I listed off the stuff I had and he said he was interested in my N64 and a few games.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']
njrXE.jpg

Got this and a Dreamcast system for $40 recently. But need a VMU, which half the games will make up for it in a trade quite a few times.[/QUOTE]

nice, i've been so tempted lately to rebuild my dreamcast collection.

got the following for $50

n64 one controller and hook ups and following games
Banjo tooie and kazoie
DK 64
Conkers bad fur day
SW Episode 1 Racer
Rampage 2
Pokemon Snap
Starfox 64
Super Smash bros

Just got back from getting a practically brand new 3DS for $85

This was the craigslist post.

hmL17.png

I emailed him asked if he wanted any PS3 games in trade I told him I had Final Fantasy 13 and he said he'd sell it to me for $85 with that. (so $30 credit for that game which is worth $10-$15) Met him at the park he was a kid with a big dude probably his brother/bodyguard which I understand strangers you know. It also came with Rayman 3D which I'm going to try and turn around and sell for $10 or $15ish. Also I can easily reacquire Final Fantasy XIII for around $10-$12 which I'll do later. It also had Mario vs Donkey Kong mini downloaded and it came with a big pokemon case and some other styluses, home and car charger, and some game cases. The system looks brand new. Now I just need to get the games I want for it.

[quote name='storino03']They sell used 3DS's on Ebay (Cowboom is the seller) for around $95.[/QUOTE]

Uhh not at this moment.

z3AJP.png

The one for $60 is being bid on not a buy it now. You have to look at the but it now price if you want to be able to instantly buy it.

Looking at their completed history, there were some that went for like $98 or $100 but they were all BID ON. Big difference in a buy it now and something being bid on. You have to win those auctions that are being bid on.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Video-Games...=12&_nkw=3ds&_ssn=cowboom&LH_Complete=1&rt=ncn

So tbh your statement that they're selling them for $95 is not correct. But you might be able to get one for $95 by bidding and hoping you win it for that much, though. But no guarentees. I've been using Ebay since around 99 and I never have had good luck on bidding and winning great deals personally.

[quote name='storino03']They sell used 3DS's on Ebay (Cowboom is the seller) for around $95.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, what does that have to do with anything? This guy got more (games and chargers) and paid less.

Yeah I thought it was kind of dickish myself, and he's wrong anyway. He's obviously someone who never uses Ebay. He probably went on there and saw items being bid currently at $95 and thought "omg, you can get these for $95 anytime you want" even though the bidding isn't over.

Got some cool stuff today. Guy is a gamer started in the 1980's, old school gamer. We talked for a while. I ended up getting a bunch for $125

The dude gave me a Genesis 2, Genesis 3, NES, controllers, gun, multitap, and some NES satellite receiver for free

06dafc7c.jpg

2000b1d0.jpg

4fc1be77.jpg

a324ec5b.jpg

0b3d5328.jpg

b24b5815.jpg

Okay, to clarify; They go for around $95. The world is ending because I made a grammar mistake.

and I wasn't discrediting the 3DS he found as being "common"

Ok I've got strange Craigslist story. Yesterday I was looking around craigslist for some deals when I saw someone selling an xbox 360 elite for $60. I called him and he said it didn't have a hardrive and had been refurbished before and it wouldn't play some of his games. So I said I would buy it so I might could fix it. If I couldn't fix it I could always sell it on ebay for close to what I paid for it. So I drove to jackson which is about 45 min from where I live to meet him at walmart to buy it. When I got there I found him to make the deal then the weird thing happened. He told me he knew it might not play any games so he gave me the xbox for free. I was very shocked and even more so when I got home and the xbox works fine. Something like this has never happened to me before so i'm pretty pumped to play some good xbox games.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Does Moonwalker have the box? good find[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was pretty shocked about Moonwalker. It was one of my favorite games as a kid, then again I really liked the song Smooth Criminal and I liked alot of the background music for that game.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Something like this has never happened to me before so i'm pretty pumped to play some good xbox games.[/QUOTE]

Once in a while you do meet some awesome people.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Ok I've got strange Craigslist story. Yesterday I was looking around craigslist for some deals when I saw someone selling an xbox 360 elite for $60. I called him and he said it didn't have a hardrive and had been refurbished before and it wouldn't play some of his games. So I said I would buy it so I might could fix it. If I couldn't fix it I could always sell it on ebay for close to what I paid for it. So I drove to jackson which is about 45 min from where I live to meet him at walmart to buy it. When I got there I found him to make the deal then the weird thing happened. He told me he knew it might not play any games so he gave me the xbox for free. I was very shocked and even more so when I got home and the xbox works fine. Something like this has never happened to me before so i'm pretty pumped to play some good xbox games.[/QUOTE]

lol, he must of had a guilty conscience. That is weird. Maybe one of his scratched to hell games didn't work and he assumed omg my 360 don't work.

Somewhat unrelated CL story:

I put a listing for an android phone I was selling. The listing said $140 OBO. We exchange emails (me and another guy), he asks what the lowest I would go. I said $120.

We meet up at Walmart parking lot close-by, and he gives me the full $140 LOL

No complaints here!

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']lol, he must of had a guilty conscience. That is weird. Maybe one of his scratched to hell games didn't work and he assumed omg my 360 don't work.[/QUOTE]

May have been a hot item he was trying to unload.

[quote name='Rig']May have been a hot item he was trying to unload.[/QUOTE]
How though? It was a referbused elite that they don't sell anymore and had a white controller instead of a black one. But maybe I don't know thieves.

hot item refers to an item been stolen. The person who "gave" it to you, could have been something he "acquired" if you know what I mean.

[quote name='storino03']hot item refers to an item been stolen. The person who "gave" it to you, could have been something he "acquired" if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Why do you post?

Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)

[quote name='storino03']Somewhat unrelated CL story:

I put a listing for an android phone I was selling. The listing said $140 OBO. We exchange emails (me and another guy), he asks what the lowest I would go. I said $120.

We meet up at Walmart parking lot close-by, and he gives me the full $140 LOL

No complaints here![/QUOTE]

Sounds like a similar situation my dad had. This was for a $1,000 car. My dad test drives and decides the guy was nice enough and the deal was already good enough, so he handed the guy the full $1,000. The guy goes, "How about $800?" Needless to say, my dad left with $200 in his pocket and the car. :lol:

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)[/QUOTE]
I would expect to get around $75 for it but you should ask for around $110.

A guy near me put up a GBA SP, Saturn with 5 games (Revolution X, D, Battle Arena Toshinden remix, Daytona USA and World Series Baseball II), SNES with 3 games (Mario World, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Star Fox) and a Genesis with 6 games (MK 1-3, Sonic 1-3) for a combined 120 (GBA for 20, Saturn for 40, other 2 for 30 each). One controller each, plus an arcade stick for the Saturn. I emailed him two days ago and asked how much for the lot and he said 100. I am moving now so very short cash supply. So I asked if he would take trade, he thought about it and said no. So I passed happily. Today he emailed me back asking how much I would go and I asked what he was thinking, he said a few games and 25 bucks.

I went over there with 25 and a stack of about 8 PS3 games (including Uncharted 2, Deus Ex, Batman Arkham City, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Bulletstorm and Killzone 3). I wasn't going to include all of them but I wanted options. He busted them out and absolutely filthy and though he had it all. Except no power cords for any and only an AV for the SNES. I still did 25 and 3 games (Killzone 3 which I got for 10, Bulletstorm which I got for 8 and Ratchet and Clank which came with my PS3) but man are these filthy. Did spend an hour cleaning them and they mostly clean up nicely. Can only test the Saturn (same power cord as Dreamcast) which I can confirm at least turns on and spins the disc. Ordered an AV for 7 bucks. Also have a charger for the GBA (same as my DS) and it works great. The other 2, I just ordered a power cord which is supposed to power both and an NES so we'll see. Hoping it works, has strong reviews on EBay and only 7.00. Now I just need a Genesis AV which I can get for 5.00. Not bad.

bread's done
Back