The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Furashu']well if it was from the innards of a dead body.... id say no LOL[/quote]

No, the small has the combination of cigarettes and filth.

I got most of the small away, although I still remember the smell and I will most likely have nightmares about it...

But $90 for a 60 GB Zen Vision M with accessories and wall charger is not bad....right?

Ok I dunno much about rare PS1 games but I think this is a good deal. I need your guys help in deciding if it is.

Final Fantasy 7 Complete Original
Final Fantasy 8 Complete Greatest Hits
Xenogears Complete original

All 3 for 40.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Ok I dunno much about rare PS1 games but I think this is a good deal. I need your guys help in deciding if it is.

Final Fantasy 7 Complete Original
Final Fantasy 8 Complete Greatest Hits
Xenogears Complete original

All 3 for 40.[/quote]

Good deal. I wouldn't buy them if they weren't in very good condition, but that's just me

I picked up a Greatest Hits FF7 today for $30. I thought it was decent, but after seeing what you guys have been getting... man I'm envious! I only see a few FF7's go up each month though, and they are always asking around $50-$100. $30 seems to be just about the low-end of ebay prices, and without shipping.
Game is in alright condition - manual looks a bit faded so that sucks, but it doesn't smell like cigarettes and filth like thepik241. I've had that before (a Sega Saturn I bought, man that was gross!)

[quote name='Dokstarr']not video game related buy i got a virtually almost new logitech 5500 speaker system for 140. Everything looks brand new still in box and had plastic around cords, etc.

Person said they used it for an hr or so but had no room for the huge subwoofer, etc in his small office[/QUOTE]

Now that is a score, I own and love the things

Picked up Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast and Harvest Moon 64 for $15.

Was planning on just picking up Skies of Arcadia but the girl showed up with a box full of stuff she didn't post on Craigslist (apparently was selling in waves). Anyway, most of it was decent stuff but she seemed to have a flat $10 or $15 for each game regardless of what it was so I asked if she would take $15 (all I had) for these 2 and she did.

I'm pretty content with it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']some fucking jerk was gonna sell me a super nintendo with 12 games for $30 and the fucking asshole just sent me an email. Bastard sold it from under me. After wasting my fucking time with email.

Craigslist can lick my balls.[/QUOTE]

...and you wasted our time posting about it!!

I think I did pretty good with this one.

Black Nintendo 64 with cables
Mario Gold
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Controller

$15 shipped to my doorstep. :)

[quote name='Switchblade232']Are either of these a good deal: slim PS2 with no wires/controllers for $20 OR Slim ps2 with one controller, memory card and all cables for $40?[/QUOTE]
Um...it's an okay deal I suppose...nothing to write home about, but if you really want either one I'd say grab it. But I'm just used to yard sale prices, I picked up a PS2 slim complete plus 6 games and a portable DVD player all for $10 :)

All in all though not a bad deal for you.

Received the Nintendo 64. Shipped with Fedex. Everything had that smell of cigarette on it so had to clean it up with some disinfecting lysol. Pretty fun. Deciding if I should keep it or sell it

[quote name='panamared']Um...it's an okay deal I suppose...nothing to write home about, but if you really want either one I'd say grab it. But I'm just used to yard sale prices, I picked up a PS2 slim complete plus 6 games and a portable DVD player all for $10 :)

All in all though not a bad deal for you.[/QUOTE]

All I ever usually see is beat up fat model PS2's around here for $60-100 with some shitty sports games, though just recently someone had a fat model with 3 controllers, 2 memory cards and a couple other things for $20.

However, instead of biting on the deal(which I should've), I asked why they were selling it so cheap. They told me it was a reading problem, the DRE to be precise.

So, I told them how to fix it and the ad disappeared. Yeah yeah, I know, I fucked it up for someone else, but I'd rather see someone be able to use their items instead of giving it away for peanuts and I'd hope I'd get the same consideration.

I also missed out on a 60 gb PS3 in the Syracuse(NY) area for $75 because of 2 reasons:

#1 I'm 2 hours or so from there
#2 I think I told them to Google how to open the system up and clean it, since it too had the DRE

Hi all, I am wondering if $45 is reasonable for these. Thanks ahead
SUPER MARIO BROS./DUCK HUNT
R.C. PRO-AM
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II: THE ARCADE GAME
ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: HEROES OF THE LANCE
DRAGON SPIRIT: THE NEW LEGEND
DUNGEON MAGIC
STARTROPICS
SHINGEN THE RULER
KARNOV
FAXANADU
ULTIMA EXODUS
WIZARDRY
FESTER'S QUEST
ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER
A BOY AND HIS BLOB: TROUBLE ON BLOBOLONIA
ARCH RIVALS
SNAKE RATTLE N ROLL
THE BUGS BUNNY BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT
WIN LOSE OR DRAW
FIGHTING GOLF
NINTENDO WORLD CUP
NES PLAY ACTION FOOTBALL
SKY SHARK
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
TOP PLAYERS TENNIS
GOLF
BASES LOADED II
BASEBALL
BAD NEWS BASEBALL
10-YARD FIGHT

[quote name='ivanwijaya']Hi all, I am wondering if $45 is reasonable for these. Thanks ahead[/QUOTE]

i think it's reasonable, especially if you're going to play them. i generally prefer to pay less than a buck for NES games, but there are a good many fun titles in that list you posted, and these are still under $2 each, so you can always recoup your money later if need be. i'd still try to slap it down to $30, but go with your heart.

I got probably close to 100-150 VHS tapes for free, most being anime (lots still sealed!) tonight. Very pleased. Unfortunately, most of the anime is dubbed, but some may be rare/OOP from what I could tell. I kind of want to watch Gundam Wing again, and Blue Sub 6... :D

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']festers quest was horrible.....[/QUOTE]

i liked it quite a bit, back when i was like 7 or 8, but it was tough as nails. what's funny is that i could beat that game pretty easily as a kid, and now it's borderline impossible... like Robocop! (also for NES)

I'm looking at getting singstar abba, singstar and singstar2, resistance , Uncharted drakes fortune, folklore, nba 09 and mlb 09 the show all brand new and sealed for $100 from a seller on Craigslist. What do you guys think?

[quote name='allyourblood']i liked it quite a bit, back when i was like 7 or 8, but it was tough as nails. what's funny is that i could beat that game pretty easily as a kid, and now it's borderline impossible... like Robocop! (also for NES)[/QUOTE]
AHHH robocop. I hated that as a kid, I would always get to some part and never get past it, had no idea what to do. I think some sort of coat rack with spiked would come at me, and I needed to get by it, but never could. That's all I remember about that game.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm looking at getting singstar abba, singstar and singstar2, resistance , Uncharted drakes fortune, folklore, nba 09 and mlb 09 the show all brand new and sealed for $100 from a seller on Craigslist. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

good deal, get it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']some fucking jerk was gonna sell me a super nintendo with 12 games for $30 and the fucking asshole just sent me an email. Bastard sold it from under me. After wasting my fucking time with email.

Craigslist can lick my balls.[/QUOTE]

At least you have a deal to get screwed over on. I have never ever found anything close to a deal on CL...

This week after doing some looking I found someone with a few N64 and original XBOX games...

I got:
Halo + Halo 2 for XBOX
Goldeneye 007 for N64 (cart only)

Paid $25

Probably paid a little much considering but was happy to get them all in one purchase. Had more picked out from the sale, but I didn't feel like spending the money.

For $5 a pop, got:

Call of Duty 2 (360)
Call of Duty 3 (360)
Shadowrun (360)

Almost got Crackdown, but he tested it and it didn't work. He also had Halo 2, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (360), Tomb Raider (360), and 2 other games for 360 that didn't interest me, and I also wanted to leave some of the games for other buyers. Still, $15 for 3 360 games, no matter how old they are, is a great deal.

I just picked up a AWESOME Haul today I think

N64 (2 controllers and rumble pack)
Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye
Starfox 64
Wave race 64
NFL Blitz

all for.....(drum roll) $10. I still can't believe it. I'm such a happy panda lol. The wife loves Mario Kart.

[quote name='chimpster1313']For $5 a pop, got:

Call of Duty 2 (360)
Call of Duty 3 (360)
Shadowrun (360)

Almost got Crackdown, but he tested it and it didn't work. He also had Halo 2, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (360), Tomb Raider (360), and 2 other games for 360 that didn't interest me, and I also wanted to leave some of the games for other buyers. Still, $15 for 3 360 games, no matter how old they are, is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, three madden 06's would be nice for 15 bucks.... or would it?

Just picked up Zelda OoT and Majoras Mask complete for $15 total. Not too bad, since I've been looking for these for a while, and complete is really hard to come by.

Almost all the people I get in contact with about buying older video game items are usually middle aged women in their 40's and 50's. No idea why. Only on craigslist though.

Is this reasonable for $110?

Super Nintendo system w/ 1 controller, power cord & a/v cables

Games:

Disney's Aladdin
Alien 3
Batman Returns
Disney's Bonkers
Bubsy
Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage
Captain America & the Avengers
Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
F-Zero
Disney's Goof Troop
Gradius 3
Disney's The Great Circus Mystery
Home Alone
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
The Jungle Book
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Pt. 2
Last Action Hero
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Mario is Missing
Mega Man X
Mortal Kombat
The Pagemaster
Phantom 2040
Ren & Stimpy: Veediots
Scooby-Doo Mystery
Speedy Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Star Fox
Super Battletank
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Taz-Mania
Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose
U.N. Squadron
Whizz
Wing Commander
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

They're all cart only

[quote name='Furashu']haggle down!!![/QUOTE]

Already tried, but the seller's firm about the price. I'm just wondering if $110 is a good price for all that stuff.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Almost all the people I get in contact with about buying older video game items are usually middle aged women in their 40's and 50's. No idea why. Only on craigslist though.[/QUOTE]

That's because their selling their children's games, said children now being young adults off in college or moved out. They are trying to de-clutter and get some more money into the household.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Is this reasonable for $110?

They're all cart only[/QUOTE]

Not really...virtually all the games are common and many are crap. Not a lot of gems in that list. Try and get it down to around $1 a game, and maybe $10 for the system. About half that price would be good.

EDIT: Okay, just read your response. Is he willing to sell the games individually? Because you're looking at about $2 a game (44 games total) and $22 for the system. If you don't have an SNES, it's not a terrible deal, but again, I'd be hoping to at get at least a couple of the more valuable games for the system, a couple of the RPGs etc. in a bundle that size and for that price. I'd try to reason with him that his price is good, because it works out to about $2 a game and $20 for the system, and see if you could cherry pick the good ones based on that pricing scale.

Some of the games may be rare/obscure and worth some decent coin, I don't know off the top of my head so be sure and check out vgpc.com and review them. For some reason I seem to recall that the Chester Cheetah game and maybe the Ren and Stimpy game might be worth something.

Other than that, for $2 each I'd personally pick up (be sure and check the values on everything else though!!!):

Disney's Aladdin - only if I didn't have it for my personal collection since it's a fun game
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
F-Zero
Gradius 3
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures - check value
Jurassic Park - check value
Jurassic Park Pt. 2 - check value
Mega Man X
Star Fox
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Star Wars
U.N. Squadron
Wing Commander
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse - only if I didn't have it for my personal collection since it's a fun Capcom game

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up an original Asteroids Deluxe cocktail arcade today for $200. In overall decent shape, although it reeks of smoke. Everything seems to work fine, except they coin door has been removed and replaced with just 1P/2P buttons on free play. Also has some burn-in on the screen, but that's to be expected probably on this old of a machine.

Will make a nice addition to my DK Jr. upright once I finish the HT room in the basement.

Saw a post today about a random box of goodies. Looked at the picture, saw there was an NES, SNES and a bunch of games. Didn't catch my eye until I saw a FF7 black label in the mix. For $40 I went and picked it up.

Got home, opened the box and found:

DVD's:
Kill Cruise,
The real bruce lee/snake-crane secret,
Fun with dick and jane,
The juror,

NES system w/ 4 controllers,
Duck Hunt w/instructions,
Vegas Dream w/instructions,
Ghosts n Goblins w/instructions,
Super Mario Bros w/instructions,
Disney Adventures in the magic kingdom w/instructions,
Ice hockey,
Road blasters,
Super mario 3.

Need for Speed Carbon (PSP),
Oblivion collectors edition (PC),
FF7 Black label complete (PS1),

SNES system (missing cords),
killer instinct,
donkey kong 2,
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3

I was quite happy with just FF7, but the other two FF's made my weekend.

[quote name='karkyco']Not really...virtually all the games are common and many are crap. Not a lot of gems in that list. Try and get it down to around $1 a game, and maybe $10 for the system. About half that price would be good.

EDIT: Okay, just read your response. Is he willing to sell the games individually? Because you're looking at about $2 a game (44 games total) and $22 for the system. If you don't have an SNES, it's not a terrible deal, but again, I'd be hoping to at get at least a couple of the more valuable games for the system, a couple of the RPGs etc. in a bundle that size and for that price. I'd try to reason with him that his price is good, because it works out to about $2 a game and $20 for the system, and see if you could cherry pick the good ones based on that pricing scale.

Some of the games may be rare/obscure and worth some decent coin, I don't know off the top of my head so be sure and check out vgpc.com and review them. For some reason I seem to recall that the Chester Cheetah game and maybe the Ren and Stimpy game might be worth something.

Other than that, for $2 each I'd personally pick up (be sure and check the values on everything else though!!!):

Disney's Aladdin - only if I didn't have it for my personal collection since it's a fun game
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
F-Zero
Gradius 3
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures - check value
Jurassic Park - check value
Jurassic Park Pt. 2 - check value
Mega Man X
Star Fox
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Star Wars
U.N. Squadron
Wing Commander
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse - only if I didn't have it for my personal collection since it's a fun Capcom game[/QUOTE]
How could you ignore Goof Troop like that!?!?!?!?

Picked these up yesterday for $20:

DSCF1424.JPG

[quote name='karkyco']EDIT: Okay, just read your response. Is he willing to sell the games individually? Because you're looking at about $2 a game (44 games total) and $22 for the system. If you don't have an SNES, it's not a terrible deal, but again, I'd be hoping to at get at least a couple of the more valuable games for the system, a couple of the RPGs etc. in a bundle that size and for that price. I'd try to reason with him that his price is good, because it works out to about $2 a game and $20 for the system, and see if you could cherry pick the good ones based on that pricing scale.[/QUOTE]

Strangely, that's exactly how he justified the price. He mentioned in a reply that he was only selling as a whole, so basically "all or nothing". But there was just too many games I don't want and I already own a SNES system.

So I decided to pass because it would probably too much work getting rid of the unwanted crap.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Strangely, that's exactly how he justified the price. He mentioned in a reply that he was only selling as a whole, so basically "all or nothing". But there was just too many games I don't want and I already own a SNES system.

So I decided to pass because it would probably too much work getting rid of the unwanted crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's probably for the best. If there were at least a couple of real standouts for your collection or flipping, i.e. a Harvest Moon, Ogre Battle, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, FF2 or FF3, Dracula X etc. then I would say go for it. But the 1st party Nintendo games are just too common to warrant that premium being paid especially taking into consideration the amount of crap you'd have to deal with unloading.

[quote name='Shazyzang']How could you ignore Goof Troop like that!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I know...FAIL on my part. Looking back I knew I should have mentioned it. Although Chip n Dales 1/2 and DuckTales 1/2 for NES PWN Goof Troop, let's be honest. Darkwing Duck too...

Other night I got an email from some lady that wants to sell me an SNES with Super Mario World, Ren & Stimpy, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Batter Up. I offered $40 which I think is more then reasonable, but she said "for $40 i'll keep super mario world".

I assume this lady thinks that super mario world is rare or something..... Last time I checked it was very very common being bundled with every original SNES sold back from launch.

I don't know if I should get it or not. I need an SNES.

My g/f and I were looking to buy a Wii Fit, and were going to grab one from Amazon for $90. I decided to just check CL just in case, and there was one being offered brand new for $70. I didn't haggle although I probably should have, but it really was brand new - still wrapped and everything - so $20 off is great for something we were going to buy anyway.

I wasn't sure at first about buying it, though; here is the first couple of emails...
[quote name='me']Do you still have Wii Fit available? I would like to buy it and can come pick it up anytime.
You can reach me at blah blah blah. Thanks![/quote]
Yes it is still availible... thank you so much for your interest.
I seriously couldn't tell if this person wanted to sell it or not. When someone offers you money, do you just say 'thanks for your interest?' I had to take the initiative every step of the way on this one. But it worked out okay.

Yeah I get people like that all the time. If communicating with them feels like pulling teeth it's a flake sign. But it works out sometimes.

To avoid the pulling teeth emails I tell them to call me if they wish to hear from me again.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Yeah I get people like that all the time. If communicating with them feels like pulling teeth it's a flake sign. But it works out sometimes.

To avoid the pulling teeth emails I tell them to call me if they wish to hear from me again.[/QUOTE]
Yah I'm surprised it went so smoothly really. In my first email I left my email and phone number. I might have not have taken initiative except it was a decent deal (when as the buyer it's not my job to say "Okay where can I buy this from you... okay now WHEN..."; I mean I wrote and asked about a time and place, and she just wrote back "I have a final at 10, I think..." WTF?).

I also thought the CL post was pretty funny, something to the effect of:
I have a brand new copy of Wii Fit for sale; gamestop won't take it because it's unopened, and I can't return it. I don't even know why I am doing this.

Um, you're doing this sell the item you aren't using? Aren't you trying to make money?

She was all over the place, I really should have asked for a lower price, but she was nice, everything was legit, and she probably needed the money and it's a pretty fair price.

The people who -

answer your emails fast
give you a phone number
sound friendly and nice
answer your questions
allow you to haggle

those are the people who you gotta look for. When I get people like this usually they are very nice and they allow me to test stuff out and chat a bit and then they leave. Good stuff.

the people who --

take a long time to answer emails
don't give you a phone # when asked
don't answer your questions clearly
sound like an asshole
shady type

those are the people you gotta ignore. I try to do a deal as fast as possible especially if it's a real steal of a deal. (they are out there). Sometimes you score, sometimes the bastard sells it under you, or just doesn't respond. Just the way it is.

I've had lots of sellers dissapear on me for reasons unknown. Nobody wants my money? Beats me.

Craigslist has only been positive for me so far. I got The Simpsons Movie on BluRay for 8.00. I traded a guy a white wireless 360 controller (used) for a 60bg harddrive (new). My favorite find was a MGS4 PS3 80gb with backwards compatibility for 400. It was new and never opened. There are some creepy people on there that is for sure.

bread's done
Back