The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Not from CL, but I too found a great deal once on a 360. Xbox 360 Elite with a 120GB HDD that the guy thought was "broken" (screen wouldn't show picture) I think got for like $70. Just reset the image settings and it was "fixed"!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's all it was? I saw one on my local craigslist for cheap with the same problem haha

Atari Lynx II system with 13 games for 60 bucks. Not deal of the century, but the system itself is probably worth at least 50 bucks. The games for another 10.00 pushed it into decent deal territory. The system is also in very, very nice shape. In fact, if I could find a replacement plastic part that sits above the screen (which only is minorly scratched) the system would look like new.

i remember buying a lynx that was supposedly broken with a bunch of games for 25 bucks. turns out the guy didn't know you have to put a game in it or it won't turn on

[quote name='darkslime']i remember buying a lynx that was supposedly broken with a bunch of games for 25 bucks. Turns out the guy didn't know you have to put a game in it or it won't turn on[/quote]
lol

I'm new here but my CL story is recent. I'm a bargain hunter from way back.

Found a 360 for $60, no hdd, no controllers, but all connections & power supply verified working. Talked her down to $50.

(Using a usb stick for memory and a $29 (free shipping) wireless controller from amazon. Minimal outlay for a decent system I would never have bought at retail prices.)

3nd3k13mb5Y15O05Q0b1jc616d471e1001616.jpg

3nb3pf3o75Y35O25T1b1j97981028a65c1e09.jpg

3p03od3l75Y05O35X0b1j5c4f6a4f18651263.jpg

They asked for $60, I was looking at something more like $40, so I said $30 and the guy said that was too low. He said maybe $50, and I said I'd be really happy with $40 and the guy said that's fine!! Netted everything for $40. The games suck but I never had a NES and now I finally have one with the powerpad too.

For $80 bucks:

God of War 3000 PSP (w/GoW:CoO, Frantix, Wall-e, Lego Batman, some Xia game, 2 UMD movies, charger, car charger, and case. Pretty happy with the haul.

Weird thing is after I bought this one, the same lady had another PSP (silver 3000 I believe) for $100.00, which included 1 game and 1 movie.

Just picked up a lot of PS2 and PS1 games for $25. Looked like all crap in the ad but the full list had a few worthwhile games.

PS2 (mostly complete crap):
Justice League Heroes
Neo Contra
World Championship Poker 2
Lego Star Wars
X-men Next Dimension
NFL QB Club 2002!
Star Wars Episode III
Fantastic 4
Madden 2004 (complete with $0.99 price tag!)
Motocross Mania 3
MLB 07
ESPN NFL 2K5
Get On Da Mic
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (disc only)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (disc only)
Mega Man X Command Mission (disc only)

PS1 (also mostly complete crap):
Pac Man World (disc only)
Jedi Power Battles (disc only)
THPS
Namco Museum vol 1
Spiderman in THPS 2 case...
Triple Play 99
X-men Mutant Academy 2
Atari Collection 1
More crappy sports games...
Frogger!
Star Wars Episode I
Driver
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Hooters Road Trip in another THPS 2 case...
Final Fantasy VII (black label)
Ehrgeiz

For some reason there is no actual copy of THPS 2 anywhere even though they had TWO cases for it (with manuals).

I would just like to say to everyone that has posted a good haul: keep up the great work. The fun in getting some old gaming stuff or new gaming stuff for a slash of the retail price is exhilarating.

do you guys search or just read all the posts on cl? do you look only in video games or electronics and other cats too. all i have usually is people selling stuff for like 10.00 less than a store

Picked up the following for $50 + $5 gas:

:gc: Gamecube console with two controllers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Super Smash Bros Melee
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Sonic Mega Collection
Bomberman Jetters
Mario Golf
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Super Monkey Ball 2
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Viewtiful Joe 1
Viewtiful Joe 2
Resident Evil 4 (2x)

:xbox: xbox console w/ one controller
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (sort of FUBARed)

Asking price was $40 on the Gamecube lot, no need to knock them down there. Offered $10 on the xbox stuff (I don't really need another anvil-weight console--that's going to Good Will--but I couldn't really refuse the KOTOR 2 rarity.

[quote name='Animal7390']do you guys search or just read all the posts on cl? do you look only in video games or electronics and other cats too. all i have usually is people selling stuff for like 10.00 less than a store[/QUOTE]

For the Video Game section it's mainly timing and the luck of the draw. I've sometimes snagged lots on weekdays by contacting the poster between 2-4pm, meeting up on the same day (sometimes even before other people get home from work). The really good deals tend to go fast.

Another important place to check is the garage sale section (in the warmer months especially); you can meet a lot of people face to face on a Saturday morning and if you ask around enough some folks are likely to have games based purely on random chance.

For the most part I don't even deal with the near MSRP or "Make Me an Offer" listings :bouncy:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Picked up the following for $50 + $5 gas:

:gc: Gamecube console with two controllers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Super Smash Bros Melee
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Sonic Mega Collection
Bomberman Jetters
Mario Golf
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Super Monkey Ball 2
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Viewtiful Joe 1
Viewtiful Joe 2
Resident Evil 4 (2x)

:xbox: xbox console w/ one controller
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (sort of FUBARed)

Asking price was $40 on the Gamecube lot, no need to knock them down there. Offered $10 on the xbox stuff (I don't really need another anvil-weight console--that's going to Good Will--but I couldn't really refuse the KOTOR 2 rarity.
[/QUOTE]

Wow wow, sick bundle. Beats my post for sure (not that I was bragging). Would love to own most of those Cube games.

had a super CL find today got all of this for the grand total price of $20 my jaw almost dropped when i got to the guys place and he threw in the games for free.

GBA Mario Kart Special Edition version
GB Color
4 Pokemon Games GBA Emreald,Leaf Green, Fire Red and Saphire
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mario Kart Super Circuit
a car charger wall charger 3 DS game cases that hold 3 games each 2 GBA game cases and a carrying case for all the stuff

and then when i left went to the GW just down the street from his house and snagged mario kart DS for 2.95

craigslistfind.jpg

a%3E

001.jpg

$20

:ps2: Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2 (Complete,NM, meh case)
NES Dragon Warrior (Sealed, Mint)
NES Startropics (Complete, Banged up Box, Nice shape game/manual)
Shadowgate (Complete, Mint)
:360: Marvel Ultimate / Forza 2 Double pack (NM, Complete)
NES Xevious (Game/Sleeve)

80 gb ps3, well if it has b/c you might be able to get more. I sold my 60 gb last Jan for for $270 with one controller, hookups and 2 crappy games

My only good CL find was a 40 gig backwards compatible PS3 for $180, all the cables and a wireless six axis were there, and he threw in MW2. Lucky me I was in the next city spending the day with my girlfriend, her city's craigslist gets a shit ton of postings, mine gets like, one daily.

[quote name='aptanor']My only good CL find was a 40 gig backwards compatible PS3 for $180, all the cables and a wireless six axis were there, and he threw in MW2. Lucky me I was in the next city spending the day with my girlfriend, her city's craigslist gets a shit ton of postings, mine gets like, one daily.[/QUOTE]

40 gig is not backwards compatible.

found this on CL all for $40 had to drive a hour for it think i made out ok on it

Sega Dreamcast with 1 controller, 1 memory card, 1 av cord, 1 power cord. Includes binder of games.
Aqua GT
Ikaruga
Cosmic Smash
Sega Game Wars
Beneath A Steel Sky
Marvel Vs Capcom
Evolution
Dead or Alive 2
Namco Museum
Sega Gt
Daytona Usa
San Francisco Rush 2049
Neo Geo Pocket Emulator
Power Stone
MDK2
Crazy Taxi
Mars Martix
Toy Commander
Illbleed (jap release)
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure
Metropolis Street Racer
Gunbird (jap relaese)
Gauntlet Legends
Le Mans
Soul Caliber
Bangai-O
Msx Emulator (250 games)
Power Stone 2
Mr. Driller
Half Life
Sega Genesis Emulator

http://statesboro.craigslist.org/vgm/2205673061.html

For Sale is a ps3 slim 120gb in splendid state
Also comes with a couple games which are
Little Big Planet
NFS: Hot Pursuit
Dead Space 2
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Dead Space
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Grand Theft Auto 4
GT5
Braid
COD 4
Red Dead Redemption
God of War III

Accessories that are included are Controller Grip+joystick Rubber Grip
USB charging cable
Official Vertical Stand
Dual Shock 3 controller
DVI To HDMI cable
all original wires that are included in the system

If you want it, you can also have the original box and booklets.

Its actually in the warner robins area.

[quote name='Mizzou75']that's a fake ad[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was thinking that might be the case, it looked to good to be true. I posted it in case anyone wanted to try anyway.

Got another find i picked up today for $25 i got Kingdom of Hearts 1 & 2 both are black label and Star Ocean Till the End of Time Greatest Hits Version

[quote name='blitz6speed']Joke post? New wii's are 199, come in better colors, come with more games, and come with wii motion plus.[/QUOTE]
Seller used stock photo and stock info, so there's a good chance this one would come with motion plus and the newer wii sports game.

Just got a decent deal on some Game Boy games: 14 for $20
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu Edition
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Kirby's Dream Land (label torn off...actually even doesn't seem to work, maybe will with cleaning)
Frogger
Frogger 2
Pac-Man Special Color Edition
Batman Beyond
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Sadly he has his name written in pen on all the labels or in the case of Links Awakening on the back of the cartridge in marker. Hopefully I can rub the ink off a bit without messing up the labels. Still a good find, probably worth $70-80 I would guess assuming the Pokemon batteries are working. edit...well darn all three seem to be dead. Maybe I'll try replacing the batteries. I already have a gold version with a dead battery so probably worth it to figure out how. Still a good deal even if I don't get these games working.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aem']Just got a decent deal on some Game Boy games: 14 for $20
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu Edition
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Kirby's Dream Land (label torn off...actually even doesn't seem to work, maybe will with cleaning)
Frogger
Frogger 2
Pac-Man Special Color Edition
Batman Beyond
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Sadly he has his name written in pen on all the labels or in the case of Links Awakening on the back of the cartridge in marker. Hopefully I can rub the ink off a bit without messing up the labels. Still a good find, probably worth $70-80 I would guess assuming the Pokemon batteries are working. edit...well darn all three seem to be dead. Maybe I'll try replacing the batteries. I already have a gold version with a dead battery so probably worth it to figure out how. Still a good deal even if I don't get these games working)[/QUOTE]

I'm in a dead Pokemon cart situation as well, got myself a 3.8 MM Security Bit, next step is to get some batteries (there's youtube vids with the product number, one guys says it's a 2025 and another goes for the BR2032. It's similar to what goes in graphing calculators I believe).

[quote name='chefgamer']lol AEM i was trying to buy that same lot of games where u live at here in VA i live over in Charlottesville[/QUOTE]

haha, I'm in Harrisonburg. I don't think it would have been worth the drive for you especially since he was in Broadway.

Someone in my Craiglists is trying to sell Earthbound, FFIII, Megaman 10, and other games with a system for less than 70 dollars complete with boxes. They didn't leave any visible email or phone number but I've contacted by clicking and emailing their posting. I got to it two days after it was posted. Am I out of luck here? I really want this bad and they haven't responded within a week of their posting. If they do respond back should I ask for a lower figure to pay? Whats the best way to approach this.

bread's done
Back