The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Tsel']I haven't had any luck finding GBA SPs or Game Boys in general on Craigslist lately.[/QUOTE]

Somebody posted recently a GBA SP near me with 26 trash games(didn't bother even listing them, but it doesn't look like any pokemon or anything) and a couple other things for the "incredibly low price of $150"...

[quote name='dabamus']Somebody posted recently a GBA SP near me with 26 trash games(didn't bother even listing them, but it doesn't look like any pokemon or anything) and a couple other things for the "incredibly low price of $150"...[/QUOTE]
I posted on my Facebook asking if anyone was selling one and somebody I went to high school with said they would sell me one and he said he'd even throw in the games and a charger. So there I am getting excited, so I asked him what games and how much. He lists about 10 shitty games and ask for $100-$125.

Needless to say, I still don't have a GBA SP.

Bought 2 PS3 controllers and 7 PS2/PS3 games I had no interest in for $60 the other day. Only game there I was even remotely interested in was Red Dead Revolver, but it was in a generic case and no manual, and the disk looked like crap. I then walked half a block down to gamestop, sold the games for $60.30, and kept the controllers. Usually don't trade in there but it was mostly garbage that would be hard to get rid of otherwise, and I knew I'd be spending some money there for the B2G2 anyway.

My best craigslist find ever was somebody selling me their Gears of War 2 Lancer Replica gun for $40 on craigslist. He even drove so close to me it was literally a 4 minute drive to pick it up. Needless to say, I was shocked to see the thing in perfect condition. He just wanted some cash on the spot instead of selling it on eBay/Amazon.

Is this worth $60?

Castlevania double pack
kingdom hearts chain of memories
Mario and Luigi Superstar saga
Yoshi's Island Super mario advance 3
Super Mario Advance
Classic nes series Castlevania
Final Fantasy I&II

All of them are complete with box, all original insterts, manuals and game.
very good conditions

[quote name='adriley313']Is this worth $60?

Castlevania double pack
kingdom hearts chain of memories
Mario and Luigi Superstar saga
Yoshi's Island Super mario advance 3
Super Mario Advance
Classic nes series Castlevania
Final Fantasy I&II

All of them are complete with box, all original insterts, manuals and game.
very good conditions[/QUOTE]

Probably. That double pack is $20 itself cart-only.

[quote name='adriley313']there was a gba pink with ruby for $20
tempted[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty decent deal, though I guess you can get ruby for $15 from gamestop (b2g2).

he is coming later today and its $65 for a lil gas since my wheels are unusable

they will all be going to my lowball on may 1st
hoping to make big money

ya may get the gba next week since i want ruby and need something to play and test gba/gbc games

Just found a killer Craigslist score last night. Apparently a family was cleaning out little brother's old room and found a bunch of "video game stuff". Little brother's loss is my gain. :lol:

Two NES's, no controllers or power adapters, looks to be a repair project in progress. So, I'll have to find out the extent of the damage and finish it up.

One grey Zapper, the only NES controller included.

One original model PlayStation and one PSOne, complete with LCD screen.

A PlayStation GunCon and a Logitech NetPlay Controller.

And the games:

NES:
Star Wars
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3 (torn label)

Genesis:
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Playstation:
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (In a Crash Bandicoot Warped case)
Final Fantasy VII (Black Label - Misprint - Complete - Awesome! :drool:)

Dreamcast:
Bust-A-Move 4

:ps2::
Gran Turismo 4
Metal Gear Solid 3
Star Ocean - Till The End of Time

All of this - $40. I can probably get more than that back selling my existing FF7 misprint. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Burgundy DSi XL bundle (Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics) and a 2GB 3rd gen iPod shuffle (the buttonless one) for $100. Pretty happy about it, because I'd been hunting for a deal on a DSi/DSi XL for awhile. I also needed a new workout mp3 player. :cool:

30 disks for $30.

Too lazy to post everything so just what stands out.

Final Fantasy VII (Non GH)
Final Fantasy VIII (Non GH)
Monster Rancher 4
Parasite Eve (Disk 2 only)
Parasite 2

Didn't want to spend that much but 30 disks a buck a piece so not that bad of a deal. Especially considering the others are all I really enjoy or been wanting to play. Already got FF VII so maybe I can sell it on ebay. Recoup some of the cash I spent.

Xbox 360 for $60. Seeing as I sold mine for $170 a month back I can either keep or sell it for a profit.

[quote name='DeadStranger']Already got FF VII so maybe I can sell it on ebay. Recoup some of the cash I spent. [/QUOTE]

Mine's up on eBay now - I'm a little surprised, the climate has changed a bit. eBay's pretty flooded with black label copies right now, so they're barely ending higher than a GH copy. It might be worth hanging on to your extra until supply goes back down. Sadly, I need to recoup my costs sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']Mine's up on eBay now - I'm a little surprised, the climate has changed a bit. eBay's pretty flooded with black label copies right now, so they're barely ending higher than a GH copy. It might be worth hanging on to your extra until supply goes back down. Sadly, I need to recoup my costs sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Well shit that's no good. I also have a GH disk only of FF VII as well. So maybe I'll just throw that one up and hold onto the Non GH for awhile.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']Mine's up on eBay now - I'm a little surprised, the climate has changed a bit. eBay's pretty flooded with black label copies right now, so they're barely ending higher than a GH copy. It might be worth hanging on to your extra until supply goes back down. Sadly, I need to recoup my costs sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Supply won't go back down. Millions were sold. Unless people are buying them back because they don't trust Sony any more, but I doubt that's a large number.

[quote name='elessar123']Supply won't go back down. Millions were sold. Unless people are buying them back because they don't trust Sony any more, but I doubt that's a large number.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point. I guess it's pretty likely that since it's appeared on PSN, people are dropping their old copies and hoping to make a few bucks. I guess not all of us are in this for shiny discs to put on the shelf. :lol:

Scored this lot today for a grand total of $220. Not to shabby I think.

2011-05-11141911.jpg

2011-05-11141805.jpg

2011-05-11141647.jpg

and best of all...

2011-05-11141944.jpg

> One happy CAG here :D

Just got a 360 Elite with these games:
Black Ops
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Modern Warfare GOTY
Modern Warfare 2
Red Dead Redemption
Shellshock 2
Burnout Paradise
Fallout New Vegas

Price: $150

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']Scored this lot today for a grand total of $220. Not to shabby I think.

2011-05-11141911.jpg

2011-05-11141805.jpg

2011-05-11141647.jpg

and best of all...

2011-05-11141944.jpg

> One happy CAG here :D

Posted this in the stupidity thread too, but I should post it here too.

How about getting something at a stupid good price? I picked this up today (It's near where my fiance works so I didn't have to go much out of the way since I was going to have lunch with her today)

Origional NES console and 6 games - $20 (Cameron Park)

Date: 2011-05-13, 10:46AM PDT
Reply to:
NES working console with Zelda, MarioKart, Star Fox, Flashback, Paperboy 2, and Aladdin. Have the mauals for Star Fox, Mariokart and Aladdin. Comes with 2 controllers, power cable and cable for TV hookup.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3ka3od3l65Y15O65P5b5dbdeff45414cf1177.jpg

PostingID: 2379036782

Everything is in great condition. It came with a cleaning kit and the booklets for Zelda and Flashback.

Nothing too crazy but just got a nice deal on an N64 with games for $50.

N64 Console
2 Controllers
2 Controller Paks
Rumble pak
Starcraft 64
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Tennis
Goldeneye 007
Excitebike 64
Bomberman Hero
BattleTanx Global Assault

Is it just here or do half the people selling games with systems not list the games out? In this case it was listed as N64 system with 2 controllers and 9 games. Usually I don't bother asking but it was 9 games and with N64 I figured there might be Marios/Zeldas which have some value. Games ended up being much better than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aem']Nothing too crazy but just got a nice deal on an N64 with games for $50.

N64 Console
2 Controllers
2 Controller Paks
Rumble pak
Starcraft 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Tennis
Goldeneye 007
Excitebike 64
Bomberman Hero

Is it just here or do half the people selling games with systems not list the games out? In this case it was listed as N64 system with 2 controllers and 9 games. Usually I don't bother asking but it was 9 games and with N64 I figured there might be Marios/Zeldas which have some value. Games ended up being much better than expected.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get that. Thats a solid pick up. Glad a fellow CAGer got it.

[quote name='Tempius']I tried to get that. Thats a solid pick up. Glad a fellow CAGer got it.[/QUOTE]

Heh, sorry. Second time in a row someone has said this when I've posted in this thread. Are there really a lot of active CAGers in/near Harrisonburg, VA?? Craigslist here isn't very active and hard to find any good deals. It does seem to have picked up a bit recently though.

If you need an N64 you can buy this one for cheap, already had one extra N64 I need to get rid of lol. Going to sell off a few of the games I don't need/want too.

[quote name='aem']Nothing too crazy but just got a nice deal on an N64 with games for $50.

N64 Console
2 Controllers
2 Controller Paks
Rumble pak
Starcraft 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Tennis
Goldeneye 007
Excitebike 64
Bomberman Hero

Is it just here or do half the people selling games with systems not list the games out? In this case it was listed as N64 system with 2 controllers and 9 games. Usually I don't bother asking but it was 9 games and with N64 I figured there might be Marios/Zeldas which have some value. Games ended up being much better than expected.[/QUOTE]

lol i was trying to pick that up also but i could not make it that way till wensday got home from work tonight to see it had been sold

[quote name='aem']Heh, sorry. Second time in a row someone has said this when I've posted in this thread. Are there really a lot of active CAGers in/near Harrisonburg, VA?? Craigslist here isn't very active and hard to find any good deals. It does seem to have picked up a bit recently though.

If you need an N64 you can buy this one for cheap, already had one extra N64 I need to get rid of lol. Going to sell off a few of the games I don't need/want too.[/QUOTE]

I was just gonna pick it up for Starcraft and the controllers/memory cards and sell the rest. Craigslist has been pretty dry around here lately.

[quote name='Tempius']I was just gonna pick it up for Starcraft and the controllers/memory cards and sell the rest. Craigslist has been pretty dry around here lately.[/QUOTE]
u can say that again

My bro picked up a 120 GB PS3 in near mint condition with LBP GOTY, Killzone 2, Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, R&C: Crack in Time, R&C Tools of Destruction, a controller, Open Season Bluray, and a bluetooth headset for $200.

SAM_0626.jpg

N64
SAM_0628.jpg

Paided $100 for it all. A bit more then I wanted to but I am gonna keep a handful and hopefully sell the rest and make most my money back.

[quote name='Tempius']
SAM_0626.jpg

N64
SAM_0628.jpg

Paided $100 for it all. A bit more then I wanted to but I am gonna keep a handful and hopefully sell the rest and make most my money back.[/QUOTE]

lol that guy was suppose to be selling that to me today so looks like i will be getting a email later today saying that he sold it to someone else

Well aem bought something I was looking at, I bought something you were looking at, so if the order follows, you should buy something aem is gonna look at!

[quote name='Tempius']Well aem bought something I was looking at, I bought something you were looking at, so if the order follows, you should buy something aem is gonna look at![/QUOTE]
i am just pissed at the guy for saying he was gona sell it to me and sold it to someone else me and him had a deal in place no hate on you

Just scored some Pokemon games on Craigslist.

All for $20
Silver x2
Gold
Red
Blue- has writing on but will exchange with one from Goozex

Yellow
Pokemon Pinball
Pokemon Trading Card Game

Now ill add these to my boxes i just got and ill have 4 complete games.
I will have them all, pic later today

Just picked up a Rock Band drum kit for Xbox 360 and a Fender Stratocaster wireless guitar controller (also for the 360) for 35 bucks. Very happy right now, since I've been looking for a good deal on the peripherals but didn't want to shell out a ton of cash because they're probably going to get the crap kicked out of them at parties and by my little brother, etc.

How's this for a craigslist find...from the LA Lost & Found section:

WARNING: GROSS GROSS GROSS
:puke:

Lost your teeth? They're poolside (Elm and Whitworth, Beverly Hills)
Date: 2011-05-16, 8:53PM PDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Did you happen to lose your teeth while cavorting in the pool, or perhaps you took them out and put them poolside as you did laps and forgot to pick them back up when you were done? Well, they're waiting for you next to the POOL'S STAIRS where you DISGUSTINGLY LEFT THEM (unless you dropped them into the pool and some kids found them, thinking they were treasure...boy were they wrong).

Since there are so many old people in this complex, I have no idea whose dentures these are...I'm not about to touch them except to kick them out onto the street (or maybe back into the deep end of the pool) if they're still there tomorrow. GROSS. GROSS. GROSS. Come on people, this is just N-A-S-T-Y.

3m43oc3ld5Y55O35Z6b5g22741c0c4eb91258.jpg

3ma3oe3pc5O15U35X6b5g70e3e31360d9142a.jpg

Grandma or Grandpa's TOOFLESS...

Hey everyone...brand new to the site, though I've been in the treasure hunting business for a few years now.

For Craigslist finds, I'll mention a few that happened in the last few weeks.

Found a PSP 1000 with no charger for $40. Took it to a Play N Trade that knows me by name, and they were cool enough to hook it up to a charger and everything worked with no problem. Bought it for a friend, who was stoked that I got it for him so cheaply.

Then in the same week, found a green Nintendo 64 with the expansion pack and a stack of games (Conker's Bad Fur Day and Donkey Kong 64 being the big ones) for $35. Same guy was selling a Super Nintendo with no yellowing and the three Donkey Kong Country games for $30. Naturally, I grabbed both.

Maybe not the greatest finds ever, but hey, it's my first post, and summer's just about to start.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Dreamcast Arcade Stick (Yes, the official one) for $10. Well worth the 40 minute drive to get it.

bread's done
Back