The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='sm04as']Are any of these worth it? There are a few I want to get, but unfortunately prices are non-negotiable.

The Legend of Zelda: Classic NES Series - $10
Breath of Fire II - $10
Final Fantasy I & II - $10
Final Fantasy IV - $10
Final Fantasy V - $10
Final Fantasy VI - $10
Golden Sun - $10
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - $10
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon - $5
Shining Soul II - $5
Shining Soul II - $5 (Yes, I have two of them)
Lunar Legend - $5
Tales of Phantasia - $10
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - $10
Metroid Fusion - $10
Sonic Advance - $5
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - $10[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they have too much value, but there's three or four that I want regardless of price. I'll paypal ya the money if you ship them to me :p

[quote name='sm04as']Are any of these worth it? There are a few I want to get, but unfortunately prices are non-negotiable.

Breath of Fire II - $10
Final Fantasy IV - $10
Final Fantasy V - $10
Final Fantasy VI - $10
Golden Sun - $10
Shining Soul II - $5
Lunar Legend - $5
Tales of Phantasia - $10
Metroid Fusion - $10
Sonic Advance - $5

Complete? Or cart only?

[quote name='tuffguycore']I'm not sure they have too much value, but there's three or four that I want regardless of price. I'll paypal ya the money if you ship them to me :p[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I have time to go meet up. Which ones are you interested in?...if you're serious and they're not the ones I want, I'll try to.

Is $10 a good price for the following 5 Sega Genesis games?
-Sonic 3 (in box)
-Altered Beast (in box)
-Eternal Champions (cart only)
-Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf (in box)
-Tommy Lasorda Baseball (in box)

only thing is he lives like 30 minutes away, asking him if he can meet halfway

[quote name='sm04as']I don't know if I have time to go meet up. Which ones are you interested in?...if you're serious and they're not the ones I want, I'll try to.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Is $10 a good price for the following 5 Sega Genesis games?
-Sonic 3 (in box)
-Altered Beast (in box)
-Eternal Champions (cart only)
-Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf (in box)
-Tommy Lasorda Baseball (in box)

only thing is he lives like 30 minutes away, asking him if he can meet halfway[/QUOTE]
If you actually want to play them all, sure $10 isn't terrible. To flip? Not really worth it IMO. Sonic 3 is solid, Altered Beast is decent, Eternal Champions is a MK clone that wasn't great from what I remember, and Genesis sports titles are Genesis sports titles... If he agrees to meet up halfway, it's probably worth your time. Otherwise, I'd pass unless you desperately must have those games.

I picked up a broken PS3 for $25 today. He listed it as not working, and emails just said he hasn't used it so he doesn't remember what color light/error/etc. For $25, why not take a chance, since I fixed and flipped a broken one I picked up a few months ago for $40. $25 is a small gamble on something that may or may not be fixable.

When we met, he handed me the system, and then went back to his car for the cables and a DS3 controller. I was under the impression that, as with most CL people, the broken PS3 was console only. The controller alone makes it a break even.

I just got home with it a little while ago and it's actually a 60GB upgraded to 160GB, and possibly modded as the HDD has written on it in marker "PS3 3.55," which is, as far as I can tell, an exploitable firmware.

Now, the bad. I plugged it in and it boots up, main screen and all. BUT the fan gradually kept getting louder and louder. I'm sure it would have shut down after long enough, but I flipped the switch before that happened. I started to take it apart and it's pretty apparent that someone had already been fiddling with it. Missing/stripped screws, loosed cover, etc.

No real worries, other than figuring out the fan issue. After researching, it can be one of two things: Overtightened screws, which there are plenty of, causing a short, or a botched reflow. Hopefully, since it boots up fine, it's a fixable issue. Will update later...

I stopped trying to repair PS3s, the older models are a huge pain in the ass.

I did have some luck with one about 2 years ago. Guy was advertising a 80gb for $60 saying it wouldn't read discs. I get it home and try it out, worked perfectly! From what others have told me the reason it didn't work was because he wasn't using a grounded outlet. Sold it to a co-worker for $90 after his crapped out so we could keep playing MW2.

Finally made a somewhat decent CL pick up. Tomorrow or Sunday hopefully I'll be getting Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Rumble Roses, Mega Man Collection, and Metal Gear Solid for $25. I might be over paying a little, but I think it's all original cases.

Apparently not black label cases or books for all of them, but it's still cheaper then Gamestop. Maybe I'll get lucky and GS will have a sympathetic employee who will let me take a case ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged Lego Batman 2 for $35, I wanted to wait till it was $25, but I caved. Guy has it listed for 45 and I talked him down

[quote name='kube00']Snagged Lego Batman 2 for $35, I wanted to wait till it was $35, but I caved. Guy has it listed for 45 and I talked him down[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you win regardless then. :)

[quote name='Invicta 61']I stopped trying to repair PS3s, the older models are a huge pain in the ass.

I did have some luck with one about 2 years ago. Guy was advertising a 80gb for $60 saying it wouldn't read discs. I get it home and try it out, worked perfectly! From what others have told me the reason it didn't work was because he wasn't using a grounded outlet. Sold it to a co-worker for $90 after his crapped out so we could keep playing MW2.[/QUOTE]

Well, between the dual shock 3 controller and 160gb hdd, even if I can't fix it, that stuff is worth $25 to me alone.

As for the PS3, what a fucking hack job that was done on this thing. In addition to the missing/stripped screws, there is thermal compound EVERYWHERE, not just on the CPUs, but on connectors, caps, chips around them. Depending on the type of compound he used, this can cause the short that's happening. Time to get out the bottle of alcohol and a pack of Qtips tomorrow and scrub the shit out of the board.

Breath of Fire II - $10
Final Fantasy IV - $10
Final Fantasy V - $10
Final Fantasy VI - $10
Golden Sun - $10
Shining Soul II - $5
Lunar Legend - $5
Tales of Phantasia - $10
Metroid Fusion - $10
Sonic Advance - $5

If they're complete (and all are legit/genuine carts), quite a few of those would be a hell of a deal at the asking prices, particularly most of the RPGs. Cart only, Final Fantasy VI would be an ok deal at $10. The rest, meh. I guess some of the prices would be okay if you were missing certain ones and wanted them in a personal collection. It would be very hard for me to justify paying those prices though for cart only copies, given the Gamestop GBA clearance from a few months ago and other bundles where the prices are roughly $1 a cart at the most. I picked up quite a few/multiple cart only copies of just about all of those for $.50-$1.50 each when I made the rounds clearing out the inventory at the final 75% off (85% off with PUR).

BTW I finally had a decent yardsale outing today, but I'll post about it in the yard sale thread. What really pisses me off though is when you hit a yard sale at opening and the person tells you "they sold X items that they had advertised in their CL ad to be sold at the yard sale earlier because soooo many people had contacted them about it." Now I understand it's dog eat dog out there, especially in this economy with competition so fierce, and I also hit these people up that leave their contact information or the CL email link (hell I've even gone to the address listed days prior to the sale, even the day the ad was posted, for truly compelling items before), but I just wish the seller would respond or update the ad at least when they've sold stuff that way.

Thanks for the help with that gameboy micro. Got my charger ordered and its already shipped.
Picked up a gameboy micro with no charger, supposedly it works. With 3 faceplates.
Pokemon ruby, sapphire, soulsilver, pearl, and zelda phantom hourglass for $45 total.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Trying to decide if I should trade my DS Lite for an SNES... I'm thinking yes.[/QUOTE]

Id say no, unless the SNES comes with some worthwhile games. I think you can get SNES with hookups for around 35, DS lites in good condition sell for 48-65 depending on color online.

I've been researching the FC twin, and retro bit duo. It looks like these consoles are slapped together half assed, someone took theirs apart and found everything put together with masking tape and a hot glue gun. Everyone also complains that you really have to force carts in and yank out, theres no release buttons on these consoles.

I'm thinking I may hold out and buy a real SNES, id prefer to get it on craigslist, but whenever I tell people I would need to see it in working condition they just quit responding. These consoles are so old, so easy for them to not power on, if it doesn't why should I fork over 35+ for it if they can't demonstrate it's in working condition?

Edit: So does anyone have experience with those two consoles, are they really that shabby? I only really want it to test games so I can resell, maybe play a game here and there. Actually excited to play that mario RPG I picked up.

[quote name='Artrigis']Id say no, unless the SNES comes with some worthwhile games. I think you can get SNES with hookups for around 35, DS lites in good condition sell for 48-65 depending on color online.

I've been researching the FC twin, and retro bit duo. It looks like these consoles are slapped together half assed, someone took theirs apart and found everything put together with masking tape and a hot glue gun. Everyone also complains that you really have to force carts in and yank out, theres no release buttons on these consoles.

I'm thinking I may hold out and buy a real SNES, id prefer to get it on craigslist, but whenever I tell people I would need to see it in working condition they just quit responding. These consoles are so old, so easy for them to not power on, if it doesn't why should I fork over 35+ for it if they can't demonstrate it's in working condition?

Edit: So does anyone have experience with those two consoles, are they really that shabby? I only really want it to test games so I can resell, maybe play a game here and there. Actually excited to play that mario RPG I picked up.[/QUOTE]

I actually play all my SNES and NES games on an FC Twin. You're right about the forcing cartridges it can often be far too difficult to get a game out, but honestly other than that it works great for me. I'd recommend using official SNES controllers rather than the ones they give you since 3rd party controllers are either too short or just overall garbage. I've bought mine used at a pawn shop about six or so months ago and I've had zero issues so far.

[quote name='Artrigis']Id say no, unless the SNES comes with some worthwhile games. I think you can get SNES with hookups for around 35, DS lites in good condition sell for 48-65 depending on color online.

Edit: So does anyone have experience with those two consoles, are they really that shabby? I only really want it to test games so I can resell, maybe play a game here and there. Actually excited to play that mario RPG I picked up.[/QUOTE]

I just sold an extra snes with 6 meh and 1 mario game on craigs for $35.
sold in a few hours
most here are listed at $50+...
I would be patient at least until the end of gsaling season and get the real mccoy... hopefully you'll find one in the wild for $10 as I did ...

With having to force the cartridges in and out of the FC Duo, I would worry about damaging your games.

Those things are just made cheap. I took one apart a few years ago, low quality all around. The controllers use these crappy plungers for the buttons that break after minimal use.

I would certainly try to get an original before using one of these. You can find one, you just have to be diligent in your search.

Hi everyone! Haven't posted on here in ages but just had a decent pickup from craigslist.

It was advertised "about 40 or so playstation games, yours for $25!" I just recently picked up a playstation again, so was excited to build up the library. I said I'd take them (was sight unseen! I really had no clue what games were in it but figured it was worth the risk at ~.60 a game)

Turns out there was only 30 games, but i'm still pretty happy with it.

The games: (all complete and in perfect condition, hardly even a scratch on any of the cases)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 (with guide)
Resident Evil: Directors cut
Dino Crisis (with guide)
Syphon Filter 1
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon FIlter 3
Monopoly (gh)
Tomb Raider 2 (gh with guide)
Crash Bandicoot
Frogger
Arcade Greatest Hits "Midway Collection"
Arcade Greatest Hits "Atari Collection"
Namco Museum Colleciton Volume 5
Rainbow Six
Army Men 3D
Madden 97
NHL 99
Casper
Medal of Honor
Missle Command
Reel Fishing
Tomb Raider
The Lost World: Jurrasic Park
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
Star Wars Demoltion
Iron + Blood
and my 2 favorites
Metal Gear Solid (I know not worth a ton but I can't wait to replay it...has been years!)
FF VII Black Label (looks untouched, very nice condition)

Also he threw in a brand new playstation bag, a dual shock controller, and a memory card case with 4 memory cards.

How'd I do? anything of value besides the final fantasy? I've actually never played any of the resident evil games, I might have to give those a run...should I start with 1? Or is there a consensus to the best one?

The craziest thing about this all is that the guy had these sitting at his garage sale all weekend in this box makred $25. Must have just slipped through the cracks.

Picture (sorry, only one I had but you get the idea!)

Thanks for reading!

You did fine, I would have paid $25 for these:

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 (with guide)
Resident Evil: Directors cut
Dino Crisis (with guide)
Syphon Filter 1
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon FIlter 3
Metal Gear Solid
FF VII Black Label

The rest is just extra.

Mario RPG doesn't work in clone systems. Just wanted to let you know.

[quote name='Bing147']Mario RPG doesn't work in clone systems. Just wanted to let you know.[/QUOTE]

Ah damn.. well then, I may just have to keep looking for a snes =(

Made a really nice Craigslist find a couple of weeks ago. \

SDC11200.jpg

A guy had this lot listed at $100, but I emailed him and offered him $50. He called me back an hour or two later, really expressing how badly he needeed the cash. It was about 9pm and he ended up being about 30 minutes away, but I told him I'd give him $40 and come get it right then. So $40 took the lot. All 4 controller sticks were varying degrees of loose, but the n64 had an offcial nintendo expansion. This lot was quite nice because I didn't plan on going to any yard sales that upcoming weekend, but it was still nice to make a score that week. My real issue now is that I literally have an n64 system/game inventory backlog about 20 deep for the system and 5 deep per game for most games. I need to do some ebay listing I think, but it's hard with a full time job and wanting to buy more shit all the time. If video game hoarders were a show, I have a room in my house that could be on it. Maybe I'll take a picture for you all to see sometime soon.

[quote name='MHRX']How'd I do? anything of value besides the final fantasy? I've actually never played any of the resident evil games, I might have to give those a run...should I start with 1? Or is there a consensus to the best one? [/QUOTE]

My first was RE2, though Director's Cut is also a must-play and RE3 was a solid experience. You pretty much can't go wrong as long as you stay away from the light-gun wannabe Survivor (Dead Aim isn't much better) and the buggy online experiment which was Outbreak.

[quote name='Floopy']Made a really nice Craigslist find a couple of weeks ago. \

A guy had this lot listed at $100, but I emailed him and offered him $50. He called me back an hour or two later, really expressing how badly he needeed the cash. It was about 9pm and he ended up being about 30 minutes away, but I told him I'd give him $40 and come get it right then. So $40 took the lot. All 4 controller sticks were varying degrees of loose, but the n64 had an offcial nintendo expansion. This lot was quite nice because I didn't plan on going to any yard sales that upcoming weekend, but it was still nice to make a score that week. My real issue now is that I literally have an n64 system/game inventory backlog about 20 deep for the system and 5 deep per game for most games. I need to do some ebay listing I think, but it's hard with a full time job and wanting to buy more shit all the time. If video game hoarders were a show, I have a room in my house that could be on it. Maybe I'll take a picture for you all to see sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

Not bad for $40. I used to love pokemon snap when I was younger.. so much so I bought it on my wii a year ago!

Breath of Fire II - $10
Final Fantasy IV - $10
Final Fantasy V - $10
Final Fantasy VI - $10
Golden Sun - $10
Shining Soul II - $5
Lunar Legend - $5
Tales of Phantasia - $10
Metroid Fusion - $10
Sonic Advance - $5

Besides the FF VI, these would be okay picks at $8 each:

Breath of Fire II
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Metroid Fusion

Not the easiest things to find in the Gamestop clearances, I would see maybe one copy of each after driving around for two or three hours :lol:

The Shining Force / Souls might be good too; it looks like the market values have gone up?

Just found this, was posted 40 min ago.

PS3 80GB
Comes with all the cords. Two controllers
Blue Ray, Wifi, and DVD player still work perfectly.

PS3 games work with occasional problems, depending on the game.
PS2 games work without any problems, depending on the quality of the game of course.
PS1 games work without any problems as well, depending on the quality of the game of course..

Overheats if left on for not recommended period of time. (8 hours)
Minor scratches on the outer cover.

Thoughts? He wants $65 for it all
I think this is worth over 100 from what I see on ebay. But im not too familiar with PS3. Whats it worth in this condition, and whats it worth assuming YLOD?
May actually want to keep this one for myself. Get in on some of that metal gear solid, god of war, and uncharted action.

[quote name='Artrigis']Just found this, was posted 40 min ago.

PS3 80GB

PS2 games work without any problems, depending on the quality of the game of course.
PS1 games work without any problems as well, depending on the quality of the game of course..

I think this is worth over 100 from what I see on ebay. But im not too familiar with PS3. Whats it worth in this condition, and whats it worth assuming YLOD?
May actually want to keep this one for myself. Get in on some of that metal gear solid, god of war, and uncharted action.[/QUOTE]

Update: Now he said it broke last night, YLOD. with Oblivion stuck in it supposedly. Dropped price to $40.. I think I am going to pass, even though it is probably still worth doing and Im sure it could be got for around $30.

[quote name='Artrigis']Update: Now he said it broke last night, YLOD. with Oblivion stuck in it supposedly. Dropped price to $40.. I think I am going to pass, even though it is probably still worth doing and Im sure it could be got for around $30.[/QUOTE]

Shit I'll buy it off him for $40 haha.

[quote name='Artrigis']Just found this, was posted 40 min ago.

PS3 80GB

May actually want to keep this one for myself. Get in on some of that metal gear solid, god of war, and uncharted action.[/QUOTE]
Shit. I have a 60gb that needs a lens(was reading PS3 games when I stored it a year ago) that's got assloads of scratches on it, is missing the door over the memory card ports and was opened up by the prior owner. I've been trying to get $80 for it on CL around here for forever but only as a console only fixer upper. I even tried opening it myself to clean the lens and see if maybe I could get it reading PS3 games again, but I had no luck with that. A replacement lens is like $50-60 if I remember correctly.

Every response I get is 'what no cables, controller or games with it?' or some a-hole offering me $20 for it.:roll: I'd sooner smash it with a hammer than take next to nothing for it.

Chances are I'm probably gonna give it to my buddies' nieces for when they go back to Maine for his bro-in-law to try fixing and using as a spare system if I don't get any bites on it before they leave.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shit. I have a 60gb that needs a lens(was reading PS3 games when I stored it a year ago) that's got assloads of scratches on it, is missing the door over the memory card ports and was opened up by the prior owner. I've been trying to get $80 for it on CL around here for forever but only as a console only fixer upper. I even tried opening it myself to clean the lens and see if maybe I could get it reading PS3 games again, but I had no luck with that. A replacement lens is like $50-60 if I remember correctly.

Every response I get is 'what no cables, controller or games with it?' or some a-hole offering me $20 for it.:roll: I'd sooner smash it with a hammer than take next to nothing for it.

Chances are I'm probably gonna give it to my buddies' nieces for when they go back to Maine for his bro-in-law to try fixing and using as a spare system if I don't get any bites on it before they leave.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

So you're ignoring my 25 dollar offer.... I see ;)

[quote name='tuffguycore']So you're ignoring my 25 dollar offer.... I see ;)[/QUOTE]

I bid $30! I have a YLOD 60GB, so I already have a bluray drive. ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']I bid $30! I have a YLOD 60GB, so I already have a bluray drive. ;)[/QUOTE]

I feel stupid, are you saying you can still play blurays off YLOD? I thought that killed the system or am I really that naive and stupid?

[quote name='tuffguycore']I feel stupid, are you saying you can still play blurays off YLOD? I thought that killed the system or am I really that naive and stupid?[/QUOTE]
YLOD is usually an overheating issue with the system caused by the thermal paste on the board in the PS3 breaking down and becoming ineffective.

Unfortunately there are some games that I've noticed make the PS3's fan run pretty high, such as GTA IV/Episodes, Red Dead Redemption and at least a handful of others. Some other people have claimed that more recent games like Uncharted 3 may do the same.

Sony does still offer an out of warranty swap program for I think it's $100-150 for a refurb slim or I think the repair costs for a YLOD system is a bit more. But with those refurbs you get a paltry 90 day warranty. It seems kinda silly to get something with a shorter warranty when a new slim is $250 right now.

As for the 'offers', I would probably seriously consider a $60 plus shipping offer.:booty: I just want this thing gone really.:)

[quote name='tuffguycore']I feel stupid, are you saying you can still play blurays off YLOD? I thought that killed the system or am I really that naive and stupid?[/QUOTE]

System is dead, but the blu ray drive should be fine to swap into a PS3 with a dead drive.

[quote name='sp00ge']System is dead, but the blu ray drive should be fine to swap into a PS3 with a dead drive.[/QUOTE]
just make sure to swap the drive mobo's (if it is a fat PS3. I haven't opened slims, so i don't know if they are the same as fats)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']YLOD is usually an overheating issue with the system caused by the thermal paste on the board in the PS3 breaking down and becoming ineffective.
.:)[/QUOTE]
YLOD occurs due to the heat, as you said, and makes the GPU and/or CPU get so hot that they start to "come off" of the motherboard. there are temp fixes (that i used to do for a good year or so) and a hardcore/professional reballing of the system (which requires a fairly expensive machine).

[quote name='kube00']So I saw this on my local CL, add says its an an xbox. It appears to be an imported Red Gamecube?
http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/3133943115.html

Anyone know anything about these?[/QUOTE]

After a quick search, it looks like the Gundam bundle.

GUNDAM GAMECUBE ENJOY PACK PLUS
Japan (11.03.04 21.000 yen)

- Dark and red GameCube with Gundam design (›› see)
- Dark and red controller with Gundam design
- Red Game Boy Player
- MS-06C Zaku 2 action figure
- Bonus disk

http://www.samurainintendo.com/system/bundles.html

[quote name='sp00ge']System is dead, but the blu ray drive should be fine to swap into a PS3 with a dead drive.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='uiengineer']YLOD occurs due to the heat, as you said, and makes the GPU and/or CPU get so hot that they start to "come off" of the motherboard. there are temp fixes (that i used to do for a good year or so) and a hardcore/professional reballing of the system (which requires a fairly expensive machine).[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! I thought that's what it was, but then sp00ge started talking about blu ray drives and I got confused haha. I want to buy a YLOD to open it up and try to learn how it works. I've heard that the temp fixes aren't too bad, and I wouldn't mind knowing how to do it in general, especially if it's way out of Sony warrenty.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Thanks guys! I thought that's what it was, but then sp00ge started talking about blu ray drives and I got confused haha. I want to buy a YLOD to open it up and try to learn how it works. I've heard that the temp fixes aren't too bad, and I wouldn't mind knowing how to do it in general, especially if it's way out of Sony warrenty.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure that if you pick up a YLOD system, it has not been opened or tampered with. With those systems, it's pretty likely someone already tried to fix it and messed it up even further.

I speak from experience, because I'm currently 1 for 2 on broken PS3s. The one I fixed without a single problem hadn't been opened, while the latest one I picked up had been opened and a complete fuck job.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just make sure that if you pick up a YLOD system, it has not been opened or tampered with. With those systems, it's pretty likely someone already tried to fix it and messed it up even further.

I speak from experience, because I'm currently 1 for 2 on broken PS3s. The one I fixed without a single problem hadn't been opened, while the latest one I picked up had been opened and a complete fuck job.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

I'm not thinking I'm gonna be a big flipper, I'm mostly thinking of looking for a YLOD on a backwards compatable one so I don't have to worry about picking up a PS2 for a while.

Today I picked up the following NES games:

Final Fantasy (factory sealed)
Mighty Final Fight (complete in box)
River City Ransom
Contra
Battletoads
WCW Wrestling
Platoon
Punch Out
Joe & Mac
Dragon Warrior
MC Kids