The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='tuffguycore']Hopefully picking up the MGS Collection for Xbox for $15 later tonight as long as they don't flake out.

It's just 2 and 3 right? The first one isn't redone or anything?[/QUOTE]

First one does not exist on xbox, PS3 version came with a voucher to download MGS1 PS1 afaik, not sure if thats still the case or not.

[quote name='blitz6speed']First one does not exist on xbox, PS3 version came with a voucher to download MGS1 PS1 afaik, not sure if thats still the case or not.[/QUOTE]

That's fine with me. I have two different copies of the original on PS1, so it's no skin off my back. I never played Peace Walker, and I never actually played MGS3. Then I might finally have the motivation to buy MGS4(I know, blasphemous that I haven't played it already).

Thanks for that info! Still a good deal if you ask me.

OK guys, need a bit of a hand here if you don't mind. Haggling is going well.

He was asking for $60 for this lot but I got him down to $25 and he is local.

SNES with games and controllers. System looks to be in pretty good shape.
Games Included:
NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Kombat, Kirbys Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World

Think I should bite for $25?

^^ SMAS and the system itself are the bulk of the value. Personally I would buy it as SNES tend to be the rarest of the common systems (if that makes sense)

[quote name='slowdive21']^^ SMAS and the system itself are the bulk of the value. Personally I would buy it as SNES tend to be the rarest of the common systems (if that makes sense)[/QUOTE]

Oh my Lord that Funcoland story. :rofl:

Found an ad yesterday advertising the Playstation one bundle with games for $30 (along with an Xbox and PS2 bundle that I'm not interested in). No list of the games, but picture is showing at least 16 PS1 games with it, 4 of which are double-jewel cases. The person is supposed to call me today about it. I'm thinking there might be some gems in it and hoping I might be able to convince them to take $25.

After responding to an ad for a free collection of Nintendo Power magazines, which included players guides, collector pins, issues 1-2, 5-143, and issues from 2006-2010, I asked about games. Ended up buying a huge NES/SNES collection for $150 including:

Complete NES system with lots of controllers
Complete SNES system w/ 3 controllers

Games for NES (cart only, not a complete list)
Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3
Spiderman
Mega Man 5
Kid Icarus
Original Mario Bros
Big Nose the Caveman
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Zelda
Adventure of Link

Games for SNES (not a complete list)
Mega Man 7 w/ box and manual
Mega Man X2 w/ box
TMNT 4 w/ box
Zelda LttP w/ box, map, secrets booklet
Super Mario Kart w/ box
Super Mario All-Stars w/ box
Krusty's Fun House w/ box
Final Fight w/ box
MK3 w/ box
SF2 w/ box
Aladdin w/ box
NBA Jam w/ box
Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World
Magic Sword
Lethal Enforcers w/ gun
Mario Paint w/ mouse and mousepad
Game Genie
Super Gameboy w/ box

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monoxide1986']Found an ad yesterday advertising the Playstation one bundle with games for $30 (along with an Xbox and PS2 bundle that I'm not interested in). No list of the games, but picture is showing at least 16 PS1 games with it, 4 of which are double-jewel cases. The person is supposed to call me today about it. I'm thinking there might be some gems in it and hoping I might be able to convince them to take $25.[/QUOTE]

I have a guy with a huge lot of Sega games, a few guides and a couple of PS1 games that's asking 50, I'm gonna try for 35, and 40 max on the whole thing(most of the games are fairly common, but it's a Model 2 Sega, which I don't have).

I also have a PS2 I'm buying this week for 25 with 3 memory cards, two controllers, FFXII and a couple of other BS games which I'm fairly stoked on.

Let us know what games they are, I'm always interested in that stuff!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']OK guys, need a bit of a hand here if you don't mind. Haggling is going well.

He was asking for $60 for this lot but I got him down to $25 and he is local.

SNES with games and controllers. System looks to be in pretty good shape.
Games Included:
NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Kombat, Kirbys Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World

Think I should bite for $25?[/QUOTE]

Ok so I have this finalized offer, can you guys please let me know if I should take it?SNES+ two controllers and the following games:NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Komat, Kirby's Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All StarsandN64 Zelda Ocarina of TimeAll for $25. He said he was confused and the Super Mario World isn't on a cartridge itself but rather with the All Stars game. I'm not sure if I should back out solely bc of that reason bc SMW was one of the better games to buy in that lot. Thanks guys please let me know.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Ok so I have this finalized offer, can you guys please let me know if I should take it?SNES+ two controllers and the following games:NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Komat, Kirby's Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All StarsandN64 Zelda Ocarina of TimeAll for $25. He said he was confused and the Super Mario World isn't on a cartridge itself but rather with the All Stars game. I'm not sure if I should back out solely bc of that reason bc SMW was one of the better games to buy in that lot. Thanks guys please let me know.[/QUOTE]

You should still buy it. It just means that Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World are on the same cart.

Thanks BHitman. He also has Game Boy Color with Pacman, Tetris 2, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, Kirby Pinball, James Bond 007, ESPN Track and Field . Was going to offer $30 if he throws all this in there, worth it u think?

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Thanks BHitman. He also has Game Boy Color with Pacman, Tetris 2, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, Kirby Pinball, James Bond 007, ESPN Track and Field . Was going to offer $30 if he throws all this in there, worth it u think?[/QUOTE]

Certainly, the Pokemon games alone sell for about $15 (blue) and $25 (yellow)

this is posted for 50
5Ef5K95Ha3Gb3K53N1c7i9125447a90011b4e.jpg

5L45Ie5K93K73I33L1c7i2c072135bd061ca1.jpg

is it worth it. apparently everything works

[quote name='Animal7390']this is posted for 50

is it worth it. apparently everything works[/QUOTE]

Sorry but $50 is a stretch unless the games are complete, in great shape, and ones you want.

Folks here have disagreed with me... as they sell PS2s online but those PS1s (even the mini) with the fatty would maybe just maybe sell for $25 (TTL) on craigs here... (I posted a PS2 slim with a couple games for $25 a couple days ago and not one person has written...sigh) I live in a big metro area where great deals on craigs sell in minutes vs hours or days in other parts of the country....

So if you want a few games and not the headache of having to resell online, just make an offer on the games you want...maybe 4 for $10?

GL

[quote name='Animal7390']this is, according to pricing in my area, a smokin deal. but i know whats out there so to my standards, i am looking for better than that.[/QUOTE]

Try to offer 30 and see what they say. I have a guy here where it's probably similar to your, where deals sit for a week, who I talked down from 40 dollars for a bunch of guides, which I only really wanted two, offered 10 bucks for all 6 and he went for it.

Anyone know anything about Arcade units? I found someone offering 3 of them (Space Invaders Deluxe, Crash, and Galaxian) for $400.

...The catch is they aren't working. I'd love Space Invaders to put in my new downstairs bar area, (that would be a tough one to run by the Mrs.)

If they aren't working, are they more pain then they are worth to get up and going again? Anyone know what usually goes wrong on them? (TV I'm assuming? Or game board?) I could fit them in my garage, but don't know if I need another project to work on haha.

[quote name='MHRX']Anyone know anything about Arcade units? I found someone offering 3 of them (Space Invaders Deluxe, Crash, and Galaxian) for $400.

...The catch is they aren't working. I'd love Space Invaders to put in my new downstairs bar area, (that would be a tough one to run by the Mrs.)

If they aren't working, are they more pain then they are worth to get up and going again? Anyone know what usually goes wrong on them? (TV I'm assuming? Or game board?) I could fit them in my garage, but don't know if I need another project to work on haha.[/QUOTE]

You know, I've been curious about that myself, I have a guy near me selling some awesome cabinets that I'd like to get my hands on if I can talk him down, but I don't know how likely it is to have a problem and how easy they are to fix.

just got a slim ps2 w/controller in like new condition and the following games are all complete and work just like they were bought yesterday and all for $50, what do u guys think?:

GTA 3
MGS3: Subsistence
Persona 3 FES
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
XenoSaga
Orphen
Matrix: Path of Neo
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories
Yakuza
GrimGrimoire
PoP: Warrior Within
DBZ Budokai 2
Ratchet: Up your Arsenal
Re4
Bujingai: Forsaken City
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Samurai Champloo
Final Fantasy X-2
Madden 07
Kuon

Xbox 1 games:
Kill.Switch
Tony Hawk Underground
Rogue Ops
Ninja Gaiden: Black
Buffy Vampire Slayer + Chaos Bleeds

[quote name='Animal7390']this is, according to pricing in my area, a smokin deal. but i know whats out there so to my standards, i am looking for better than that.[/QUOTE]

$30 would be my buy price.

[quote name='tuffguycore']You know, I've been curious about that myself, I have a guy near me selling some awesome cabinets that I'd like to get my hands on if I can talk him down, but I don't know how likely it is to have a problem and how easy they are to fix.[/QUOTE]

You could always gut it and MAME that shit, or add a console and wire a controller to the joystick.

[quote name='TiKi2']You could always gut it and MAME that shit, or add a console and wire a controller to the joystick.[/QUOTE]

There's a shootout cabinet I'd do that with, but the Golden Axe one I really want just in general game intact. They also have a Devastators I'd like intact haha.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']just got a slim ps2 w/controller in like new condition and the following games are all complete and work just like they were bought yesterday and all for $50, what do u guys think?:

GTA 3
Persona 3 FES
XenoSaga
Orphen
Yakuza
GrimGrimoire
DBZ Budokai 2
Re4
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Samurai Champloo
Final Fantasy X-2
Madden 07
Kuon

Xbox 1 games:
Kill.Switch
Tony Hawk Underground
Rogue Ops
Buffy Vampire Slayer + Chaos Bleeds[/QUOTE]

I think it's a pretty good deal, especially since you could sell a few of those rpgs and make your money back, and still have the system and some games left over. Nice pickup

[quote name='robwhois']I think it's a pretty good deal, especially since you could sell a few of those rpgs and make your money back, and still have the system and some games left over. Nice pickup[/QUOTE]

yea thats what i thought too, thanx. im not a fan of jrpgs either, which games from that list has the highest values?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']yea thats what i thought too, thanx. im not a fan of jrpgs either, which games from that list has the highest values?[/QUOTE]

= EBay completed listings...

[quote name='snakemaster2389']yea thats what i thought too, thanx. im not a fan of jrpgs either, which games from that list has the highest values?[/QUOTE]

Just sayin', if you wanna send me a pm, I'd grab a couple of those RPGs...

I'd say persona 3 and shin megami tensei could probably net you an easy 15 to 20 bucks each. Never heard of Kuon before, but just looking at that title on ebay, you might be able to pull atleast 25-30 out of that one, depending on the buyer...

Ok so I ended up getting all this for $30. Please let me know how you think I did and what I could resell to get some of the invested money back.
Everything works great!:
SNES with games and controllers. Games Included:
NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Kombat, Kirbys Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All Stars

N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time

Game Boy Color with Pacman, Tetris 2, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, Kirby Pinball, James Bond 007, ESPN Track and Field

Thanks guys! My first buy!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Ok so I ended up getting all this for $30. Please let me know how you think I did and what I could resell to get some of the invested money back.
Everything works great!:
SNES with games and controllers. Games Included:
NBA Jam, NBA All Stars, Wrestlemania, Mortal Kombat, Kirbys Dream Course, Mighty Max, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All Stars

N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time

Game Boy Color with Pacman, Tetris 2, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, Kirby Pinball, James Bond 007, ESPN Track and Field

Thanks guys! My first buy![/QUOTE]

If you're going for resell alone, the SNES will make your $30 back in no time. Anything else will be bonus! Good for your first time!

Thanks, couldn't of done it without you guys :) I may hang onto the SNES in order to test the other SNES games I'll be buying. I'm thinking about selling the Color games - seems like Pokemon Yellow and Blue will sell well

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Thanks, couldn't of done it without you guys :) I may hang onto the SNES in order to test the other SNES games I'll be buying. I'm thinking about selling the Color games - seems like Pokemon Yellow and Blue will sell well[/QUOTE]

Hopefully those pokemon games still hold a save, cause sometimes those old gameboy games don't save anymore. The super mario allstars game can probably get you about half your money back as well....

[quote name='snakemaster2389']just got a slim ps2 w/controller in like new condition and the following games are all complete and work just like they were bought yesterday and all for $50, what do u guys think?:

GTA 3
Persona 3 FES
XenoSaga
Orphen
Yakuza
GrimGrimoire
DBZ Budokai 2
Re4
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Samurai Champloo
Final Fantasy X-2
Madden 07
Kuon

Xbox 1 games:
Kill.Switch
Tony Hawk Underground
Rogue Ops
Buffy Vampire Slayer + Chaos Bleeds[/QUOTE]

Good deal!! I can never find deals like this on CL

I finally scored on Craigslist today. Seems like it has been forever since I got lucky.

All for $130
Mini SNES W/ all hook ups and two controllers
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
F-Zero
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Genesis Model 2 W/ 2 controllers and all hook ups (All games complete)
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Shining Force II

N64 with all hook ups and one controller
Ogre Battle 64

Nes no hookups or controllers
Final Fantasy

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen Limited edition for ps1 Complete

Very happy with this

If I can find a friend to let me borrow a truck, I found an NBA Jam arcade cab (4-player) in very good looking shape. Talked them down to $230.

[quote name='BHitmanW20']Here's a pic with some of what I'm keeping from my 2 recently posted finds

[/QUOTE]

Definitely super jealous of some of those. Especially the Chrono Trigger(my favorite game of all time)

[quote name='zlatour']I finally scored on Craigslist today. Seems like it has been forever since I got lucky.

All for $130
Mini SNES W/ all hook ups and two controllers
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
F-Zero
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Genesis Model 2 W/ 2 controllers and all hook ups (All games complete)
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Shining Force II

N64 with all hook ups and one controller
Ogre Battle 64

Nes no hookups or controllers
Final Fantasy

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen Limited edition for ps1 Complete

Very happy with this[/QUOTE]

Would kill for those Ogre Battle games...

[quote name='Rig']If I can find a friend to let me borrow a truck, I found an NBA Jam arcade cab (4-player) in very good looking shape. Talked them down to $230.[/QUOTE]

Just rent a UHaul van, I think it's like 20 bucks for a couple of hours, so if it's local, that's probably worth it. I would definitely spend ~250 for that same cabinet.

A lady near me wanted $50 for an NES and 30 games. Pretty good deal, but no real gems, and only like 5 games I didn't have. Going to see a guy tomorrow who said he has more NES games than I could dream of lol.

I've got a beat on an SNES console/game lot that features Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All-Stars, DKC 2, King of Dragons and EarthBound. Fingers crossed.

I found a decent deal a few days ago, nothing too great but a lot of easy sales to get my money back + a nice chunk. Paid $100 for all of it..

Already sold all the pokemons and kirbys.

Just picked up a Wi Fi PS Vita on craigslist with a 32gb card. Also came with a case and screen protector. Paid $120 So I definitely think I did really good. Not sure if I want to keep it or flip it yet. I don't actually have any games to play.

bread's done
Back