The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Silver PSP Slim with bad battery and only the handheld (no cords.. etc..) for $20

Good deal?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. Contacted the guy and it's already sold.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Nevermind. Contacted the guy and it's already sold.[/QUOTE]

Batteries are cheap to replace, would have cost you like an extra $20 at most, and a replacement power cord is like $10, so $50 for a Slim when all said and done.

If the condition was good though, I would have done it, since you're still saving a good $20-$30 in total.

So just for future reference if you see another one like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to meet up with a person in a few hours to pick up the following for $20.

- Platinum Silver Gamecube (w/ all cords)
- 1 Wired Silver Controller
- 1 Wavewird Wireless Silver Controller
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Star Wars Rogue Leader
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Tiger Woods 2003
- Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

I figure I'll keep a few of the games and the console, and sell the wired controller and Tiger Woods with another Black Gamecube I have laying around for a profit. I'm for sure keeping the wireless for use with my Wii.

I really need to quit looking at CL....

Play Station 1 games as listed below in playing condition - some in cases with books:

Dexter's Laboratory Mandark's Lab
Kings Field
Norse by Norsewest
Lego Racers
FIFA Soccer 2002
Resident Evil
Legend of Dragoon (4 Discs)
NBA ShoutOut '98
Tokoyo Highway Battle
Driver 2 (2 discs)
Nuclear Strike The Sequel to Soviet Strike
Caesars Palace
Final Fantasy VIII (4 discs)

They want $40, but I'm thinking about offering $25 and see where that gets me.

I just got an NES so looking to build up my game collection, some guy is selling 27 NES games and some manuals and other stuff for $85 OBO, Is that a good deal or what would be a good price? Here is the list

Contra
Castlevania
Metal Gear
Pacman
Bubble Bobble (have instruction booklet)
Megaman 2
Festers Quest
Double Dragon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Lolo
Pinball
Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt
The Legend of Zelda (gold)
Captain Skyhawk
Karnov
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Gauntlet 2 (have instruction booklet)
Ring King
Target Renegade
Burger Time
Shinobi
Rampage (have instruction booklet)
Adventures of Dino Riki
Strider
Top Gun
Duck tales
Baseball

Game Genie

1 original controller
1 joystick turbo controller

1 black plastic NES storage case

xtra instruction booklets
Deadly Towers
Paperboy 2
Mario/Duckhunt/Track meet
Super Mario 3
Astyanax

So I had a hell of a score Tuesday. I always say I'll put pics up but uploading is always such a pain. For $10:
Nintendo 64 w/ 13 Controllers no AV cable (man I'm getting a ton of these lately)
Resident Evil 2 (64)
Mario Party 3
Mischief Makers
Mario Kart 64
Goemon's Great Adventure (Loved this Game when it came out!)
Diddy Kong Racing
Dr. Mario 64
Goldeneye x3!
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Madden 2000
Mission Impossible
Jet Grind Radio
Couple more commons

Genesis Model 2 no controller, no power, no AV
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Clue

SNES, no power, no AV, doesn't work. Rare black model due to cigarette tar. Went in the trash unfortunately, no saving it or desire to try cleaning it.
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
6 games with no labels/unreadable labels, don't work so they could be anything. Going to try cleaning thoroughly.

GameCube Controller
Mario Party 4
BMX XXX

Playstation One Mini w/ AV, Cont., no power adapter
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Driver 2
Tekken 2
Coolboarders
Fishing Controller

Most of the stuff is rough shape, but at $10 just a couple things pay it off and then some.

I also had someone from Craigslist trade me a PS2 Slim, Super Mario Galaxy, GTA Trilogy and three PS2 racing games to get $30 off an Xbox 360 they were buying. Not amazing, but still a quick money doubler.

The price point is the exciting point. The plastic bin doubled as their ashtray so take from that what you will. I didn't come prepared with gloves so I bought it completely items unseen/unknown. It was like a twisted Christmas digging through cigarette butts to find goodies once I got home.

[quote name='ferant316']So I had a hell of a score Tuesday. I always say I'll put pics up but uploading is always such a pain. For $10:
Nintendo 64 w/ 13 Controllers no AV cable (man I'm getting a ton of these lately)
Resident Evil 2 (64)
Mario Party 3
Mischief Makers
Mario Kart 64
Goemon's Great Adventure (Loved this Game when it came out!)
Diddy Kong Racing
Dr. Mario 64
Goldeneye x3!
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Madden 2000
Mission Impossible
Jet Grind Radio
Couple more commons

Genesis Model 2 no controller, no power, no AV
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Clue

SNES, no power, no AV, doesn't work. Rare black model due to cigarette tar. Went in the trash unfortunately, no saving it or desire to try cleaning it.
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
6 games with no labels/unreadable labels, don't work so they could be anything. Going to try cleaning thoroughly.

GameCube Controller
Mario Party 4
BMX XXX

Playstation One Mini w/ AV, Cont., no power adapter
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Driver 2
Tekken 2
Coolboarders
Fishing Controller

Most of the stuff is rough shape, but at $10 just a couple things pay it off and then some.

I also had someone from Craigslist trade me a PS2 Slim, Super Mario Galaxy, GTA Trilogy and three PS2 racing games to get $30 off an Xbox 360 they were buying. Not amazing, but still a quick money doubler.[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to grab a couple of things from you if you were looking to sell/trade...

[quote name='BHitmanW20']Picked up the following complete Dreamcast games for $20 total:

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Shenmue
Skies of Arcadia[/QUOTE]

Skies of Arcadia alone is worth that in my eyes(I don't really know the worth). I found the instruction booklet and disc 2, I guess the rest much have gotten lost and broken on the move.

Nice DeadStranger. I picked up Mario RPG awhile back, might be selling it in a lot tomorrow. Only played about 20min of it but was pretty fun, and actually really nice graphics for a SNES games, best ive seen.

I got burned today. Paid $30 for GBA, with Pokemon emerald and fire red.
Pokemon games are bootlegs.
Didn't realize they made bootleg games. Wasn't until I got home that I noticed something was up.

[quote name='Artrigis']Nice DeadStranger. I picked up Mario RPG awhile back, might be selling it in a lot tomorrow. Only played about 20min of it but was pretty fun, and actually really nice graphics for a SNES games, best ive seen.

I got burned today. Paid $30 for GBA, with Pokemon emerald and fire red.
Pokemon games are bootlegs.
Didn't realize they made bootleg games. Wasn't until I got home that I noticed something was up.[/QUOTE]

yeah you got to be really careful with gameboy or ds games, been alot of bootlegs made and sold. I try to be real careful when i buy stuff like that from people on ebay/craigslist/garage sales.

Im pretty sure the guy knew about it too when he sold them to me. I think he was a reseller who was just trying to unload them on someone. I think I will put them on CL, clearly say exactly what they are, and try to recoup my money.

for $20 i picked up the following

20 game cube games and one wii game, 2 game stop wireless wave birds, 5 memory cards(3 1st party cards one being the one that came with animal crossing and 2 3rd party nyko cards) carrying case for games the case had a orginal Action Replay in it the card for the Replay was also with the lot. There was also a carrying case for a game cube nintendo branded. As well as a bunch of crappy wii attachment pieces.

The Games where mainly crappy sports titles but the only thing that was notable at all was
Mario Baseball
Star Fox Adventures
Super Monkey Ball

Picking up a few other things later this week once i get paid.

I was able to pick up some very good gamecube games for only $20
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (disk only)
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Mega Collection
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Country (Gameboy)

Hey guys, how much are these games worth? I'm in contact with a craigslist seller and he's willing to let all of them go for $50. Normally I'd check all the values myself, but I'm going to be super busy today and I don't wanna miss this deal incase it's a really good one. Thanks to anyone who can help me out. Spoilered because of big pics
jEP7x.jpg

DCngd.jpg

[quote name='Kanto']Hey guys, how much are these games worth? I'm in contact with a craigslist seller and he's willing to let all of them go for $50. Normally I'd check all the values myself, but I'm going to be super busy today and I don't wanna miss this deal incase it's a really good one. Thanks to anyone who can help me out. Spoilered because of big pics
jEP7x.jpg

DCngd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That price is incredibly steep in my opinion. The condition sucks and they are mostly dirt common titles that a local shop near me would ask 1.00 each for.

Unless you MUST have them, pass. It would be barely worth it at 20.00

Most of those are common titles. Spider Droid is essentially a clone of Amidar, which is also in the lot.

If you're buying those to collect and keep, then it's not a bad deal I suppose. Although the labels are in crappy shape for most of them. But if you're buying to try and resell, save your money.

Got 2 pretty good CL deals this past weekend.

Picked up a functional Super Nintendo Jr. with a controller, power cord, and AV cable for $15 cash + Fable III CIB

and

Nintendo DS complete with stylus and charger plus:

DS Games:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy III

GBA Games:
Advance Wars
Advance Wars II
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Mario and Luigi
Guilty Gear X

The DS lot was $60.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']So hard to get stuff of Craigslist for a good deal. Especially in the Los Angeles area.[/QUOTE]

The out of work hispanics who are on unemployment stalk craigslist looking for deals while normal people with jobs like myself have 0 chance at them. Its freakin impossible to score a good deal these days, all the good stuff gets bought by the trash in the area and resold on ebay.

I thinkI got a few games this week.

First i got a dsi xl with six games
Radient Historia
Spirt tracks
Curious village dragon quest IX
Puzzle quest 2
Crossword ds

Then yesterdayi did a trade and buy saw a listing for package of about 20 ds games, no box :( but person waned to trade for a Vita 3g. Looked on craigslist found tons of vita 3g for 200 bucks

Got a Vita 3g, with 3 games, 64gb usb drive, and pixar kinect game sealed.
200$ I kept the following from the deal

IMG_0621.jpg

Then i traded the 3g vita i just got for this package.
IMG_0622.jpg

Ds lite onyx, and sp

20 ds games,
World ends with you
final fantasy IV, III, a2
Kingdom Hearts
Spirt tracks, phantom hourglass
Ace attorney
Dragon quest IV, IX
Pokemon Diamond, Platinum, Heatrtgold+pokewakler, mystery dungen
Golden Sun dark dawn
animal crossing
naruto ninja council 2, 3
advance wars days of ruin

gba games,

Pokemon leaf green, sapphire
Golden Sun
Wario ware
Final fantasy I-II, VI
Fire Emblem
Kingdom hearts:chain of memories
dragonball z buus fury, legend of goku

was that an okay deal?

A seller near me has a vectrex in box with 8+ complete games. He is asking $250. Just want to know what it would be worth. I won't know what games he has until later tonight.

What should I offer?

Found a Wii with games / accessories one hour after them posting it. Was asking $150 for it all (Already a good deal), offered $110 and that I could come down and buy it right now, they accepted. If they would of said no, Id of probably offered $140, but would of paid the full $150 asking price.

Heres the wii, has all cables, etc. Comes with Zelda Ocarina of time, and Donkey Kong Country downloaded.

Heres the accessories it came with. Those are two nintendo brand gamecube memory cards. And that is a nyko charging station with two batteries, Ill keep the charging station, and the wavebird. Ill sell an offbrand wavebird I had around the house now.

The two hard to read games are NFS Hot Pursuit 2, and spyro heroes tale. Also theres a nyko guitar hero controller.

And heres the gamecube games. I had the two NES zelda games on the Zelda CE disc so I will sell those and keep the Zelda CE for myself. And the mid bottom is Windwaker.

I actually got it for $100. When I got there I checked all the games, and New super mario bros was missing (I was looking forward to playing it too!) but mario kart double dash was in its place. She looked around a bit for me but couldnt find it. Found the double dash case / manual as well as spyro which she threw in for me, but I was able to get it all for $100 since the NSMB was missing. I actually feel a little bad about the deal I got >.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kobun']I thinkI got a few games this week.

First i got a dsi xl with six games
Radient Historia
Spirt tracks
Curious village dragon quest IX
Puzzle quest 2
Crossword ds

Then yesterdayi did a trade and buy saw a listing for package of about 20 ds games, no box :( but person waned to trade for a Vita 3g. Looked on craigslist found tons of vita 3g for 200 bucks

Got a Vita 3g, with 3 games, 64gb usb drive, and pixar kinect game sealed.
200$ I kept the following from the deal

IMG_0621.jpg

Then i traded the 3g vita i just got for this package.
IMG_0622.jpg

Ds lite onyx, and sp

20 ds games,
World ends with you
final fantasy IV, III, a2
Kingdom Hearts
Spirt tracks, phantom hourglass
Ace attorney
Dragon quest IV, IX
Pokemon Diamond, Platinum, Heatrtgold+pokewakler, mystery dungen
Golden Sun dark dawn
animal crossing
naruto ninja council 2, 3
advance wars days of ruin

gba games,

Pokemon leaf green, sapphire
Golden Sun
Wario ware
Final fantasy I-II, VI
Fire Emblem
Kingdom hearts:chain of memories
dragonball z buus fury, legend of goku

was that an okay deal?[/QUOTE]

Seems okay. You got to keep some stuff and just from looking at the GBA games (I know nothing about DS games) you have a few good ones in there. The pokemons as well as FF VI are all highly sought after and could be easily sold. Those are probably worth the most. After that your Fire Emblem as well as Golden Sun are probably the next rarest. And you got an SP and a DS. I think you did pretty good!

And heres a CL deal I got a few weeks ago that Im pretty sure I didn't post. Got it all for $100
Must of deleted one of the pics, cant find pic with the console. But it was a platinum gamecube with all hookups, 1 platinum controller, and 1 nintendo brand gamecube memory card.

And all these games.
Love me some pokemon.

[quote name='PJV9126']Seems okay. You got to keep some stuff and just from looking at the GBA games (I know nothing about DS games) you have a few good ones in there. The pokemons as well as FF VI are all highly sought after and could be easily sold. Those are probably worth the most. After that your Fire Emblem as well as Golden Sun are probably the next rarest. And you got an SP and a DS. I think you did pretty good![/QUOTE]

Pokemon is always good. TWEWY is a really good game, and I believe is an Atlus so they didnt make a lot of them. Without looking I think it is 30-40 alone. Radiant historia I believe is the same around 30. And curious village is probably around 20ish maybe more.

[quote name='Artrigis']Pokemon is always good. TWEWY is a really good game, and I believe is an Atlus so they didnt make a lot of them. Without looking I think it is 30-40 alone. Radiant historia I believe is the same around 30. And curious village is probably around 20ish maybe more.[/QUOTE]

TWEWY is Square Enix IIRC, and it was rare for a while, but they reprinted it. Last couple of years it was perpetually on sale between $10 and $15 on amazon particularly around black Friday. Not sure if it finally wen OOP and OOS though.

[quote name='karkyco']TWEWY is Square Enix IIRC, and it was rare for a while, but they reprinted it. Last couple of years it was perpetually on sale between $10 and $15 on amazon particularly around black Friday. Not sure if it finally wen OOP and OOS though.[/QUOTE]
Ah yeah it is square enix.. but I was right about it being valuable! $40
Radiant historia is also at $40

Although all the professor laytons are around $10 which is surprising, I thought they were all 20+

[quote name='Animal7390']i found a craigslist ad where someone will mail a game. i want it but anyone actually go through this type of thing before?[/QUOTE]

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules whenever using craigslist:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is likely a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
DO NOT RENT HOUSING WITHOUT SEEING THE INTERIOR, OR PURCHASE EXPENSIVE ITEMS SIGHT-UNSEEN - in all likelihood that housing unit is not actually for rent and that cheap item does not exist.
DO NOT SUBMIT TO CREDIT CHECKS OR BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR A JOB OR FOR HOUSING UNTIL YOU HAVE MET THE INTERVIEWER OR LANDLORD/AGENT IN PERSON.

[quote name='Animal7390']i found a craigslist ad where someone will mail a game. i want it but anyone actually go through this type of thing before?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do it. CL is full of scammers. If you don't meet up face to face, then there is a lot of potential for fraud.

thats my wonder, i wouldnt do anything but paypal and its about an hour drive which would double the price of the game is gas. has anyone used paypal for this?

Picked up the following from someone on CL for $15 total:
- Gameboy Advance SP - AGS-001 (Silver, with scratched up shell)
- Lego Batman DS - Complete
- Lego Start Wars DS - Complete
- Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - Cart Only

I figure I'll order a replacement shell for cheap to make the SP look brand new and flip it out to pay for everything else and more.

[quote name='Animal7390']thats my wonder, i wouldnt do anything but paypal and its about an hour drive which would double the price of the game is gas. has anyone used paypal for this?[/QUOTE]

I sold a few that way, but they always ask for a link to my eBay to check feedback. So I would do the same, ask for something to legitimize them.

I used to do this all the time. It was like 2 years ago. I didn't have any means of transportation and wanted to re-sell so I'd just Paypal people through Craigslist. I probably made over 50 transactions and out of the 50, 2 people stole my money. It's not a guarantee, but a lot of people did send the items after I paid... it's your call in the end though.

Got this bundle for $50 total.

Sorry for the bad pic.. its with my iphone, hope it isnt broken!

Mario party 5, mario sunshine, pikmin 2, rapala fishing, smash bros melee, pokemon red, blue, nintendo brand gamecube memory card,

I need advice on how much to offer for this bundle:
Final Fantasy, Metroid, Zelda II- Adventure of Link and Castlevania II-Simons Quest
(All are NES titles and are cart only)

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']I used to do this all the time. It was like 2 years ago. I didn't have any means of transportation and wanted to re-sell so I'd just Paypal people through Craigslist. I probably made over 50 transactions and out of the 50, 2 people stole my money. It's not a guarantee, but a lot of people did send the items after I paid... it's your call in the end though.[/QUOTE]

You'll have way better chances sticking with online gaming forums.

I was about to use mail over craigslist myself to purchase and sell and I'm glad I didn't.

Its bad enough having had a like 2-3 craigslist people come to my house.

Now I wouldn't do either. The risk of getting ripped off along with something bad happening over a small savings isn't worth it.

Now I stick to that meet in a public place with lots of people. Best you can do.

[quote name='storino03']$25 seems good[/QUOTE]
Alright I am going to email him right now with that price. Thanks for the help.

Finally scored on a pretty good lot tonight. But first, the backstory:

Original ad showed a bunch of random gaming swag from Infamous 2 and Killzone 3. But was mostly interested in a copy of the 25th Anniversary Anniversary Mario soundtrack (all-stars for Wii extra). After texting the seller we agreed on $5.

Tried meeting up with him on Monday night, no show. Calls and said he forgot. Said he felt bad and he'd give me everything he had left. So here is what I got extra:

Mario Moustache
Gears of War CE (360, no game)
Dark Souls CE (PS3, no game)
Infamous 2 Cole statue, comic
Max Payne 3 sticker, patch
Assassins Creed logo necklace
Leather necklace with large plastic animal teeth (unsure what this is from)
Killzone 3 countdown clock
God of War 3 Polo (XL)
Lollipop Chainsaw key ring
4 old X-Men figures
Neo Matrix figure
Mortal Kombat round poster
Killzone 3 double sided poster
Killzone 3 double sized poster (PS Move)
Killzone 3 CE poster (I think, propaganda one)
God of War 3 poster

All that for $5. Guy shows up acting like I'm inconveniencing him, hands me the box, speeds off. Almost like his woman in the car was like "get rid of all your toy and game shit and buy me a ring. Now!"

bread's done
Back