The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know Gamestop still did conversions. Since this thread hasn't been bumped in almost two years, I thought conversions were dead. That and our resident informer is MIA.

You sure? Some of those came out very recently.
i can confirm wargroove and trine 4, both had new stickers behind the used ones, packed with all the extras and looked untouched

I didn't even know Gamestop still did conversions. Since this thread hasn't been bumped in almost two years, I thought conversions were dead. That and our resident informer is MIA.

You sure? Some of those came out very recently.
I know both Psyvariar Delta and Penguin Wars are converted new to used it happed about a month ago

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)

The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)

Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post.  A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20.  Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.

The Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition converted a few weeks ago as well.  Most stores by me kept the big box, steelbook & pin so if someone wanted to be "that guy" you could always return just the game and keep the bonus goodies.  

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)
The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)
Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post. A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20. Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.
Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.

Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.
I read that on the case the other day when I had to decide between that one and Reel Fishing since I was at an out-of-the-way GameStop store. Ultimately, I left Fisherman there. I haven't played Reel Fishing yet, but I still don't know if I made the right decision on that one.

Edit: I just read a review that said that it's basically the free-to-play PC game Fishing Planet with all of the paid DLC included. There are missions that are doled out if you are online. Again, not sure if it's worth it or not.

The Planescape/Icewind Dale collection is 20 bucks there, too.
If I weren't balls deep into another game, I would scoop up both of these sets. Planescape is such a good game, although I haven't seen how good this release looks yet.

I read that on the case the other day when I had to decide between that one and Reel Fishing since I was at an out-of-the-way GameStop store. Ultimately, I left Fisherman there. I haven't played Reel Fishing yet, but I still don't know if I made the right decision on that one.

Edit: I just read a review that said that it's basically the free-to-play PC game Fishing Planet with all of the paid DLC included. There are missions that are doled out if you are online. Again, not sure if it's worth it or not.
Thanks. The developer confirmed there is no offline mode. That's a dealbreaker for me.

I can confirm it is online only. I purchased it from GS last week. Updated it. Tried to boot it and it said internet connection requried. Couldn't even start the game. Promptly traded it back in. Played the Fishing Sim World on Xbox Gamepass instead.

Monster Hunter World

Picked up a copy yesterday in a 4/$20 bundle and the girl gave me a sealed copy explaining they had converted it to used. 

Ordered Baldur's Gate and Planescape last month new. Planescape was sealed but Baldur's must have been a display so I returned it. $19.99 each, I did see Baldur's Gate online (Amazon I believe) for $19.99 but both those games seem to run way more everywhere but GS for some reason.

Some games below are no longer part of 4/20 deal, sadly

Fisherman Planet
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X

I did notice Infamous SS is part of the $9.99 sale this wk.

Grabbed Mafia 3 PS4 at a local store as part of the 50% sale to return the shitty copy they sent me, and found out it was still sealed when I got home. Had a preowned tag from September, so guess it's been sitting there a long time lol.

Anyone have any luck with any other games recently? I know the warehouse sometimes sends you them with the plastic wrap off but security sticker still on (for XB1), but I'm hoping for completely sealed.

Not sure about Xbox but the PS4 Borderlands 3 Steelbook Gold Edition converted last week.  Been seeing a bunch around town dated 7/29 and they have the DLC codes so they are most likely un-used.

Purchased the :switch:  Borderlands Collection on a whim to see if it was converted to new -> and can confirm at least the copy I got from the warehouse in TX ( along with 3 copies of Civ VI!  ;) ) I think it helps to force an order from TX by adding a retro game.

$9.99+tax shipped for a game you can trade back in next +$5 for ~$10.50 and keep BL2 and BL:pS. (Don't need to keep the cart inside to play) Bonus 230 gold coins as well (30 for BL1, 200 for the others as seen below) 

z8jNv7x.png

All 5 copies of :switch: Catherine: Full Body ($10.49/ea) finally came via Fedex with original art and keychain unredeemed gold coins (50x5) Seemed converted to me!   :dunce:

Unfortunately, it seems 3/5 Persona Royal Steelbook preowned (Which I think was converted a few months ago) actually came with the steelbook, and one was missing the sleeve. Ahh well  :oops:

All 5 copies of :switch: Catherine: Full Body ($10.49/ea) finally came via Fedex with original art and keychain unredeemed gold coins (50x5) Seemed converted to me! :dunce:

Unfortunately, it seems 3/5 Persona Royal Steelbook preowned (Which I think was converted a few months ago) actually came with the steelbook, and one was missing the sleeve. Ahh well :oops:
i wouldve gotten one if i knew about it.

bread's done
Back