The OFFICIAL"I'm Drinking Right Now" Thread!

I have had several moments when I felt like I needed a drink to make it through the day. Then, as I said, I haven't felt the need to drink at all since I have been single. I have had some beers, but that was purely for enjoyment. Before, I needed it to feel good... Now I feel great and I'm sober. I guess it was the girl that was the problem, not the alcohol.

Just remember, kids- Bitches be trippin'.

Myke- That chocolate stuff sounds tasty, but it's a little too expensive for me.

What do you guys recommend for someone drinking on a budget? I used to be solely a hard liquor man, but I can no longer stand most vodkas and whiskeys that fall within my price range. As for beer, Budweiser and MGD are good, and Busch is a pretty nice value at $10.99 for an 18 pack (and that's out here in California, even) But I still have yet to find a good way to get drunk for under $5. Cheap beer tastes terrible, and I'm growing very tired of Steel Reserve 211. It has more alcohol, but doesn't taste so good.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have had several moments when I felt like I needed a drink to make it through the day. Then, as I said, I haven't felt the need to drink at all since I have been single. I have had some beers, but that was purely for enjoyment. Before, I needed it to feel good... Now I feel great and I'm sober. I guess it was the girl that was the problem, not the alcohol.

Just remember, kids- Bitches be trippin'.

Myke- That chocolate stuff sounds tasty, but it's a little too expensive for me.

What do you guys recommend for someone drinking on a budget? I used to be solely a hard liquor man, but I can no longer stand most vodkas and whiskeys that fall within my price range. As for beer, Budweiser and MGD are good, and Busch is a pretty nice value at $10.99 for an 18 pack (and that's out here in California, even) But I still have yet to find a good way to get drunk for under $5. Cheap beer tastes terrible, and I'm growing very tired of Steel Reserve 211. It has more alcohol, but doesn't taste so good.[/QUOTE]

For drinking beer on a budget, and not getting too nasty of beer, I like to get either coors light bottles which here runs like $16 for a 20 case, or icehouse which runs like $7 for a 12 of bottles.

[quote name='Matt Young']
What do you guys recommend for someone drinking on a budget? I used to be solely a hard liquor man, but I can no longer stand most vodkas and whiskeys that fall within my price range. [/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Milwaukee Best. Everywhere around here (central PA) sells it for about $10 for a case of 24. Its made by Miller Brewing so you dont have to be worried that its some crazy low grade brewery with questionable quality control standards or anything like that.

[quote name='Jaket']planning the night...

a 5th of parrots bay pineapple, or a 5th of bacardi O?[/QUOTE]

yum. i'm going to hit some sky vod w/some raspberry tea. eh, my supplies are low.

[quote name='Jaket']went wit bacrdiu O... feb vaca is teh best!!!!!!!

im hammred[/QUOTE]

wow u r liek s0 kool cuz u drink then post on internt i wish all gamestop emploiee were cool az u LOLOLOLOL

[quote name='Scorch']wow u r liek s0 kool cuz u drink then post on internt i wish all gamestop emploiee were cool az u LOLOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

fixed ass lol

i've been drinkin for a few hours now. had some pitchers at malone's and they forgot to charge for 2 of them. the benefits of a shift change and one server forgetting to tell the next one about the tab...feels good to wrap a film shoot and have some drinks.

taking a break from the drinking scene for a while...

got busted last weekend at a party for ill posession by consumption of alcohol by a minor. owned

i was drinking jack daniels, me and 2 other dudes kicked a 5th. The cops asked me if i was drinking and i said no. dumb answer. i failed the sobriety test.

they called my parents to come pick me up and everything. Plus i got in trouble from running from them when the busted in.
gay

i have a court date of may 22nd now haha

[quote name='Jaket']taking a break from the drinking scene for a while...

got busted last weekend at a party for ill posession by consumption of alcohol by a minor. owned

i was drinking jack daniels, me and 2 other dudes kicked a 5th. The cops asked me if i was drinking and i said no. dumb answer. i failed the sobriety test.

they called my parents to come pick me up and everything. Plus i got in trouble from running from them when the busted in.
gay

i have a court date of may 22nd now haha[/quote]

haha. that sucks but you'll be okay. most likely, you'll get a fine an some community service. no one can take that story away from you though ;)

[quote name='Jaket']taking a break from the drinking scene for a while...

gay

i have a court date of may 22nd now haha[/QUOTE]
Cops suck, court sucks. I get to go to court for my 3rd traffic offense since I got my license a year and a half ago. The other two were dismissed/dropped though so I'm hoping I can get out of this one too. I'm going to need a bit of ass kissing and alot of luck though.

Had a beer last night at a friends house and forgot I took 2 tylenol PM's that I had taken about an hour earlier >_> I was out lol.

Is it my job to keep this up now?

Went to help a friend paint his house today. Had a beer and he paid me with a 1.75 L bottle of Bacardi Rum. I'm gonna have some fun tonight!

update on my situation posted earlier:

got a call earlier this week from a juvenile deliquincy officer telling me that my court date will be terminated if i attend a class for ATM (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) haha obviously i accepted

going to a kegger out in the fucking woods in the northern part of maine tonight.... should be a good time

Jsut came back from the bar with my 2 best friends. 3 wise men all around (expect my one friend who refuses to drink anything ever......which is cool) also had a heineken. Tons of other stuff....b-52 and some other strange ass drink my friend said i should drink. 21rst birthday........what a blast it was. Now to somehow sober up and go to work in the morning because they wouldnt let me off......damn my head hurtsa.

Honestly....i really do hate drinking...i find all of the drinks to be utterly gut wrenching nasty. I dont feel like i have the time or the money to get a acuried taste of anything.

i just stumbled home from the bar...wrap party a week after wrapping our short film shoot. i'm an idiot...i blew a genuine oppottunity. some chick joined us in a game of darts. she was a dentist and i told her about my tooth problem. she was all interested in that and me being a filmmaker and somehow i didn't exchange numbers with her. that settles it...i must find a chick on or by my birthday or i'm shaving my head and becoming a monk.

[quote name='darkmere']i just stumbled home from the bar...wrap party a week after wrapping our short film shoot. i'm an idiot...i blew a genuine oppottunity. some chick joined us in a game of darts. she was a dentist and i told her about my tooth problem. she was all interested in that and me being a filmmaker and somehow i didn't exchange numbers with her. that settles it...i must find a chick on or by my birthday or i'm shaving my head and becoming a monk.[/quote]
maybe you'll run into here again. are you in college?

oh and i'm drinking a seagrams 'n coke.

nothing right now but my sister poured mimosas for everyone at Easter brunch today. definitely the first time I've had drinks with my family at noon :)

getting started early on some gin and juice! haha, pimpin

prob going to end the night with some rum and coke... preferebly vanilla rum, but whatever is available i will take

i really don't like beer honestly... i will drink it if i'm desperate to get smashed, but i would take hard shit over beer any day.

Just got ahold of my drink for the night... spiced rum (captain morgans) and lime juice with coke. too good

[quote name='TheSlav']This is a damn fine beer if you like dark beer, especially stouts.

[/QUOTE]

Rogue is a very reliable brewery. The Dead Guy Ale is to die for, and I really want to try the Morimoto brews (as I used to love watching Iron Chef), but never got around to it.

I did try the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock a few months back (may have mentioned it in this thread. Just not good beer in general, let alone $15 for roughly 25oz. The chocolate flavor was spot on, but that was the only thing remarkable about it.

I do have lots of homebrew to drink up. I've finally succeeded in properly carbonating my beers (the first two batches were awful flat, as I didn't add enough sugar when bottling). Now I finally figured out why I have a peculiar aftertaste to my beer (not boiling it hard enough, and keeping a lid on the pot after adding the hops doesn't let the proteins in the hops - the ones with the nasty aftertaste - evaporate and escape), so the next batch I make should be fucking fantastic, and then I can move on into putting together my own recipes.

I really want to crack one now, but I've got to go to the gym first. I can drink and then go to plenty of places; that isn't one of them.

[quote name='mykevermin']Rogue is a very reliable brewery. The Dead Guy Ale is to die for, and I really want to try the Morimoto brews (as I used to love watching Iron Chef), but never got around to it.

I did try the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock a few months back (may have mentioned it in this thread. Just not good beer in general, let alone $15 for roughly 25oz. The chocolate flavor was spot on, but that was the only thing remarkable about it.

I do have lots of homebrew to drink up. I've finally succeeded in properly carbonating my beers (the first two batches were awful flat, as I didn't add enough sugar when bottling). Now I finally figured out why I have a peculiar aftertaste to my beer (not boiling it hard enough, and keeping a lid on the pot after adding the hops doesn't let the proteins in the hops - the ones with the nasty aftertaste - evaporate and escape), so the next batch I make should be fucking fantastic, and then I can move on into putting together my own recipes.

I really want to crack one now, but I've got to go to the gym first. I can drink and then go to plenty of places; that isn't one of them.[/quote]

Oh, am I glad you warned me about the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. I have been searching for that beer for quite some time now with no luck. I didn't even know of anyone who has tried it.

Rouge has some really good brews. I really want to try their Halzelnut Brown Nectar but haven't been able to find it yet. I heard it's a very fine brew. My only complaint with the chocolate stout was the fact I was expecting a more chocolate-like after taste rather than a more bitter one. Nothing to really complain about but just more to my liking.

As one beer drinker to another... got any good recommendations? Tomorrow I am picking up a pack of Young's Double Chocolate Stout. That should be interesting. I shall report back my findings.

You should be aware of Thirsty Dog brewing. I think they're based out of Cleveland. No matter, if you've not tried either Hoppus Maximus (not as good as Stone's Ruination Ale, but what is?) or Siberian Night, by all means treat yourself to some. The latter you will *certainly* enjoy. It's a 9.0% ABV russian imperial stout - one of the blackest beers I've ever poured, with great flavor ('specially if you like lots of dark chocolate and coffee) and great mouthfeel. I only have two complaints about the beer, both related to the alcohol content. First, it's hard to drink several of them due to their %. Second, there is a bit of an alcohol flavor aftertaste (that dryness and burning sensation that you get sipping whiskey, but rarely, if ever, with beer). Don't let that deter you. It is one of the best buys I've made this year alcohol wise.

http://thirstydog.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=thirstydog&Category_Code=_home

[quote name='mykevermin']You should be aware of Thirsty Dog brewing. I think they're based out of Cleveland. No matter, if you've not tried either Hoppus Maximus (not as good as Stone's Ruination Ale, but what is?) or Siberian Night, by all means treat yourself to some. The latter you will *certainly* enjoy. It's a 9.0% ABV russian imperial stout - one of the blackest beers I've ever poured, with great flavor ('specially if you like lots of dark chocolate and coffee) and great mouthfeel. I only have two complaints about the beer, both related to the alcohol content. First, it's hard to drink several of them due to their %. Second, there is a bit of an alcohol flavor aftertaste (that dryness and burning sensation that you get sipping whiskey, but rarely, if ever, with beer). Don't let that deter you. It is one of the best buys I've made this year alcohol wise.

http://thirstydog.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=thirstydog&Category_Code=_home[/quote]

I have indeed tried Thirsty Dog's Hoppus Maximus but not their Siberian Night. After your description of the Siberian Night I think I will have to pick some up. I guess tomorrow I will be picking up both the Young's and Thirsty Dog.

Great Lakes Brewing Company, which is also based here in Cleveland, has some fine beers. I believe their flagship beer is their Dortmunder Gold Lager. This is one of those beers that really goes good with anything you are eating. I am not sure of it's availability outside of Ohio but if you are able to, pick some up.

I live right across the river from Cincinnati, and about a 4 minute walk from a giant liquor store that sells a lot of specialty beer (but too much Belgian ale). I've had the Burning River Pale Ale, which I didn't care for so much. The Elliott Ness porter, on the other hand, was amazing.

[quote name='mykevermin']I live right across the river from Cincinnati, and about a 4 minute walk from a giant liquor store that sells a lot of specialty beer (but too much Belgian ale). I've had the Burning River Pale Ale, which I didn't care for so much. The Elliott Ness porter, on the other hand, was amazing.[/quote] My buddy told me the Burning River Pale Ale was subpar, guess he was dead on. I have been meaning to try the Elliott Ness Porter but always get distracted by something else when I go into the liquor store. Well, tonight is $1.00 draft night and 15 cents wing night at the bar up the street. So, I am not expecting to be drinking any fine beers aside from Pabst... :lol:

I have returned home from a great day at school(Before you jump the gun, I only went to one class and joked around the whole time) and now I've got Rum + Ginger Ale. It's actually very good.

ETA of next beer...about 3 weeks. damn. stupid finals and term projects.

A relaxing afternoon cognac. Yeah, it's for old guys but I can't help but feel like I have an air of sophistication whenever I drink it. And it tastes pretty damn good.

[quote name='jaykrue']A relaxing afternoon cognac. Yeah, it's for old guys but I can't help but feel like I have an air of sophistication whenever I drink it. And it tastes pretty damn good.[/quote]

good stuff. what kind? damn, that 151 messed me up last night

[quote name='wildnuts02']good stuff. what kind? damn, that 151 messed me up last night[/quote]

Just some plain ol' Henn. Since I'm goin' out tonight, I'll probably get some yack in the form of the hip hop flav of the month - Courvoisier. Good thing I used to date one of the cute female bartenders as that shit's too expensive to actually pay for. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm drinking some beast (Milwaukees Best) and Canadian Club right now .. anyone drinking tonight too?[/quote]

Yeah. just some plain ole Bud and sake. my latest concotion...

Had some peach schnapps and southern comfort before having some beer at the bar. Just regular Canadian, but it's growing on me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm about to smoke a few bowls of some schwag and have at Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]
no schwag! guess not everyone can get bc bud at bc prices.

i'm drinking molson canadian right now...courtesy of my roommate.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Anyone else not get carded on their 21st birthday?[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately. I've looked like I'm 30+ since I've been about 18. I went to a bar next to my frat house in college for awhile before I turned 21 without getting carded once. They were probably confused on my 21st birthday when I was doing all sorts of shots.

bread's done
Back