The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

Shit... when does the free month/SSD thing end? I'm not entirely sure I still have the paper that explained it and I still haven't activated the 3G.

Zen Studios is releasing Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles for Vita sometime soon:
Zen Studios and Marvel Entertainment today announced Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, releasing this spring as DLC for Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live® Arcade, Marvel Pinball on PlayStation®Network, and a standalone download for PlayStation®Vita. Each table in this brand new four-table pack chronicles blockbuster events experienced by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles features four tables designed to tell a more cohesive story from the actual comic or movie material, while incorporating the most dramatic elements as gameplay. Fans of previous Marvel Pinball tables will experience a fresh approach to the critically acclaimed series, including deeper character interactions, more dialogue, and the most explosive action to date.

Table Overviews

Marvel’s The Avengers table reflects the events of this summer’s highly anticipated blockbuster, pitting all six Avengers against Loki’s invasion of Earth. Nick Fury commands the team of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, each character represented by a customized ball that echoes his or her own appearance and power set.

Hulk Smash! After the Hulk’s banishment to outer space, he returns to Manhattan to seek revenge against the Illuminati and wage war against the X-Men, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange in World War Hulk.

The Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock enlist Earth’s Mightiest Heroes – including you – to recover the six Infinity Gems from Thanos and save the universe in The Infinity Gauntlet. The intense pinball atmosphere heightens as each Infinity Gem produces a special effect on the table, such as literally flipping the table upside down with the Reality Gem.

The Avengers must defeat Odin’s long-banished brother, the Serpent, and free the world from the grip of chaos in Fear Itself. Featuring a table design unlike any to date, Fear Itself utilizes magnetic energy in ways no one has ever before experienced on a pinball table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKNd0kN0CE

[quote name='Ross_ON_Psn']Anyone know how to make trades for Uncharted on Near? I got one trade offer so far but I don't know how to initiate them.[/QUOTE]

The system does it on it's own. All you can do is specify what you are looking for (pretty pointless). What you should do is:1) Select Black Market2) Select the Bounty you are seeking. 3) back out (it'll ask you to update near- do it). 4) Wait until near updates5) Collect any bounties that arrive.6) Repeat. It takes forever.

I'm trying to convince myself to get it, I keep getting Near gifts for it. ha.
I think playing against someone would be better than the computer at least.

[quote name='bmachine']Do any of you have Hustle Kings? I'd like to try out the Message Play mode but no one else on my list seems to be playing the game.[/QUOTE]

I do. Go ahead and friend me and start one up. I'm a mediocre player, but I won't bail in the middle of a game.

[quote name='dallow']I'm trying to convince myself to get it, I keep getting Near gifts for it. ha.
I think playing against someone would be better than the computer at least.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty sleepy if you're just playing against the computer but I've done a few multiplayer matches against PS3 friends and it's surprisingly fun. The physics seem realistic and sinking a good shot makes you feel like a badass. ;)

I'll take some of those Near gifts! The only one I think I've picked up so far is an avatar.

Get in touch if you decide to bite, Dallow!

[quote name='smthng']I do. Go ahead and friend me and start one up. I'm a mediocre player, but I won't bail in the middle of a game.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Sending an invite right now! I approve of your Hitchhiker's Guide reference, as well.

[quote name='bmachine']
Excellent. Sending an invite right now! I approve of your Hitchhiker's Guide reference, as well.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. You want to start one or shall I? Straight up 8-ball for starters?

I rank Adams right next to Carl Sagan. :)

to the CAGs in Canada if you're looking into buying a Vita this week,starting on Sunday Best Buy is giving you the Vita Starter Kit for free with purchase.

Considering how much time I've thrown into Zen pinball on 3DS, even if Vita Zen came out tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough...

Debating whether getting a 3G/wifi model is worth 240 before tax(new) or not. Might wait to get travel arrangements set aside and see if I have enough

Well... I bought one. I feel sort of guilty since I've been making a point the last few months not to spend any money but I just really wanted it; Stupid impulsive personality. Im a sucker for anything shiny.

[quote name='ajumbaje']Debating whether getting a 3G/wifi model is worth 240 before tax(new) or not. Might wait to get travel arrangements set aside and see if I have enough[/QUOTE]

That's about as cheap as you'll get it right now unless they pull a 3DS and panic in a few months, dropping prices across the board.

[quote name='kaikou']Anyone else get their Stardust HD code?[/QUOTE]

Mine showed up last week, but I activated the 3G on release day.

[quote name='JMEPO']Well... I bought one. I feel sort of guilty since I've been making a point the last few months not to spend any money but I just really wanted it; Stupid impulsive personality. Im a sucker for anything shiny.[/QUOTE]
Haha, it happens. I'm the worst.

Are the analogue sticks too small? I tried the vita out and gamestop and didn't think they were, but the manager said that he tried it out last September at a vendor show and they were significantly larger...

[quote name='nickerous']Are the analogue sticks too small? I tried the vita out and gamestop and didn't think they were, but the manager said that he tried it out last September at a vendor show and they were significantly larger...[/QUOTE]
Not to me but perhaps if one has big ass toe-thumbs?

I still haven't gotten my Startdust code. I've placed 2 calls to customer support. I've been told that the codes are sent out in waves and that it can take 3-5 business days. I'm so sad, I don't think I'll ever get my code and I spend $15 for the data plan, for nothing. I didn't even use the dang data.

You'll get it, but it does suck that it's taking so long for some people.
You're not alone as I've seen a lot of other people still waiting.

Man I am sooo tempted to get one. I'm trying to gather up as much GS credit as possible to get one. So far I have,

Twisted Metal trade in: $35
e-rewards $25 gift card April 1st: $25
Power Up rewards $25 coupon: $25
$25 amazon gift card-order $25 GS gift card: $25
TOTAL: $110 credit.

ugh sooooo tempting. If I could just win the Mega Millions jackpot tomorrow this would be so much easier.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/27/rocketbirds-hardboiled-chicken-flapping-its-way-to-ps-vita/

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will be coming to Vita later this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_cJq01Ju3M[/QUOTE]

Nice, I wish more PSN type games like this would come over to Vita. On that note, I'm loving Mutant Blobs so far. Also starting another World Tour in Virtua Tennis, and I never play through a game more than once.

I like how out of all the systems I have, I'm playing the Vita the most.

I looked at my stats in Virtua Tennis, and it says I've been playing for around 69 hours. I find that hard to believe, is it counting when you have the application open?

Got my Stardust code two days ago, but I have to thank everyone in the thread that said to check my spam folder. I would've totally missed it.

It also showed up literally 10 days after I activated, so I never would have even thought to check yet.

no code for me either... activated my 3G on 2/23/12. I just bought the damn game, got too impatient. Whenever I get my code I'll probably sell it for $10 bucks if anyone is interested. Game is excellent by the way!

[quote name='stvalmass']no code for me either... activated my 3G on 2/23/12. I just bought the damn game, got too impatient. Whenever I get my code I'll probably sell it for $10 bucks if anyone is interested. Game is excellent by the way![/QUOTE]

I was beginning to think I must have deleted it somehow. But I know I've been looking out for it. I already spent $15 so it's hard for me to part with another 10-15 for no good reason.

Now, is a Vita worth it if I don't travel? Like if I'm just going to use it at home? That is the main reason I'm not sure about getting one.

[quote name='emokid9963']Now, is a Vita worth it if I don't travel? Like if I'm just going to use it at home? That is the main reason I'm not sure about getting one.[/QUOTE]

Unless you spend an unusual amount of time in the bathroom, no, I cannot recommend the Vita over the Playstation 3. It currently does not have the library to justify it being a primary home entertainment system.

If you don't spend a good amount of time in transit, then you really have nothing special to gain from the Vita (unless your family hogs the TV and prevents you from playing consoles or something).

[quote name='emokid9963']Now, is a Vita worth it if I don't travel? Like if I'm just going to use it at home? That is the main reason I'm not sure about getting one.[/QUOTE]
I only use it at home and it's great. I mainly play games on my Vita/3DS while watching TV/movies. You should be basing your decision on whether there are enough games out that you want to play to be worth it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I only use it at home and it's great. I mainly play games on my Vita/3DS while watching TV/movies. You should be basing your decision on whether there are enough games out that you want to play to be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think. But it seems all the games I want I can get on the PS3. I think the reason I want a Vita is because it's new. But down the line I feel like I won't use it that much.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/02/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-65/

Update 1.65 will be out soon:
Hi, everyone. The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include the following minor enhancements:

A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
“After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard

Don’t forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:
Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.

It's out... My Vita just forced a 25 minute download when I tried to do my next inning of Hustle Kings. Wifi or Content Manager required, will not update over 3G.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Took about 90 seconds to download and install that update.[/QUOTE]

So 3G would have probably been ten times as fast as the hotel wifi... Yeah, thanks for that lovely restriction, AT&T. At least I'm not paying for service... Oh wait... :S

So I have a FEB Vita, do I qualify for the free SSD Delta game if I sign up for the $10 'trial'? I guess we save $5 by doing this instead of buying the game off the store? I'm asking cuz I got it a few days ago, not sure if it was a limited time thing.

[quote name='darknight88']So I have a FEB Vita, do I qualify for the free SSD Delta game if I sign up for the $10 'trial'? I guess we save $5 by doing this instead of buying the game off the store? I'm asking cuz I got it a few days ago, not sure if it was a limited time thing.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I think that offer expired on 3/31.

Looks like the update turns off the music in Near and the PS Store if you turned off the menu music. Trophy notifications are included when you turn off notification alerts. It also looks like the "An error occured" issue in Near has also been fixed with the update.

I discovered that Vita will now download in the background even if you force it to sleep. Yay!
Also, there's a progress bar when installing, with percentage.

I'm glad about the notifications.
It's confirmed that the system will play the trophy sound but not show the popup. Wanted that for years!

Looks like Sony removed the update from their servers due to a technical fault.

Looks like I will have to wait for my new notifications alert.

bread's done
Back